Tesla will close most of its stores and only sell cars online

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '18        #26
MsMarySon 
space
space
space
$605 | Props total: 818 818
 BlueGold said
LA Atlanta NY Miami

Most likely the only stores that will be left open are in these cities
Tysonís corner
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '04        #27
DJ Maximum|M 61 heat pts61
space
space
$46,182 | Props total: 22888 22888
 Baynut said
I'd only lease one and only if that MF and residual are on point. Oh yea and MSD's.

If not, I'm good. Once the warranty ends you are fu*ked.
They do the Apple approach

But from us or get service from us.

They need more repair facilities and charging stations
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #28
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,993 | Props total: 1941 1941
SMART move... physical space isn't needed anymore (see the example of GAP, VS, JC PENNY all closing down) - can be expensive and doesn't really make sense for Tesla now that they have a lot of Tesla's on the road. Most Tesla owners are selling Tesla's for them. Like 5 Tesla owners tried to tell me to buy one.

CUT COST and FOCUS on making a quality/repeatable product.

ELON MUSK just needs to STAY PATIENT and FOCUSED for a few more years and they will TAKEOVER..

2 weeks ago '05        #29
stayfocus18 28 heat pts28
space
space
$1,226 | Props total: 434 434
I drove from nyc to stl and back no problem with charging in my model 3. Some of you really don’t know how beneficial an online only approach is. Like so many retail businesses it’s very costly to keep a physical store and most of their sales are already online. Plus no other car company has a charging network that even comes close to Tesla’s. People been saying they’re going out of business for how long now and they keep growing lol.

2 weeks ago '04        #30
NahLij 25 heat pts25
space
space
$12,434 | Props total: 15702 15702
Dallas has Tesla's everywhere, especially North Dallas/Plano/Frisco area. I would be surprised if that Frisco location closed, especially with Jerry World being right down the way and the massive expansion of the area.

2 weeks ago '16        #31
thekg1 
space
space
space
$90 | Props total: 121 121
Toyota will buy Tesla

2 weeks ago '17        #32
six5TheStudio 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$515 | Props total: 1144 1144
My boy works for Tesla.... dog sh*t company they fire people and cut costs to avoid the bottom line which is Elon musks ego,

He worked in solar (their only profitable sector at the time) and then they basically cut it to fuel the pipe dream that they could sell a model 3 for 35k, then forced the remaining solar reps to start selling cars and solar at the ďpop up shop showrooms.Ē Then made them just work at the delivery center delivering cars, image tryna buy a whip online let alone a Tesla

The nightmares you already read about people experiencing tryna buy them now.... when they have stores at least you can actually show up to and speak with a person IN person.

Now they are having issues with the cars and they donít want a recall so the try and fix every issue individually which is a nightmare for a consumer, not letting anyone else touch a Tesla (repairs/maintenance) is gonna come back and bite them in the a*s cause what happens if there is a large scale issue with the cheap version of the model 3? You gonna email your car back to Tesla for them to fix it?

Jesus Christ

Short the sh*t out of Tesla stock
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #33
six5TheStudio 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 egotistical said
SMART move... physical space isn't needed anymore (see the example of GAP, VS, JC PENNY all closing down) - can be expensive and doesn't really make sense for Tesla now that they have a lot of Tesla's on the road. Most Tesla owners are selling Tesla's for them. Like 5 Tesla owners tried to tell me to buy one.

ELON MUSK just needs to STAY PATIENT and FOCUSED for a few more years and they will TAKEOVER..
Increasing production is how you ultimately increase profitability not cutting costs

Cutting costs is a bandaid to appease investors on paper, because it immediately makes you profitable.... itís literally a ďhold onto your buttsĒ scenario outta like Jurassic park.

I think they can do it but they are gonna crash and burn first than have to restructure before they can do it and be successful
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #34
Lazy 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,141 | Props total: 7247 7247
 six5TheStudio said
My boy works for Tesla.... dog sh*t company they fire people and cut costs to avoid the bottom line which is Elon musks ego,

He worked in solar (their only profitable sector at the time) and then they basically cut it to fuel the pipe dream that they could sell a model 3 for 35k, then forced the remaining solar reps to start selling cars and solar at the “pop up shop showrooms.” Then made them just work at the delivery center delivering cars, image tryna buy a whip online let alone a Tesla

The nightmares you already read about people experiencing tryna buy them now.... when they have stores at least you can actually show up to and speak with a person IN person.

Now they are having issues with the cars and they don’t want a recall so the try and fix every issue individually which is a nightmare for a consumer, not letting anyone else touch a Tesla (repairs/maintenance) is gonna come back and bite them in the a*s cause what happens if there is a large scale issue with the cheap version of the model 3? You gonna email your car back to Tesla for them to fix it?

Jesus Christ

You need to look up a yt channel called Rich Rebuilds

3rd party EV garages will mitigate all that sh*t, but at a steep price
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #35
six5TheStudio 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 Lazy said

Iíve seen it itís dope, Tesla did everything it could to stop him until his channel got popular,

If I remember correctly he says he canít even source parts anymore because of out of state/country buyers at auctions flooded or totaled Teslaís going for 20-30-even 40k
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #36
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,993 | Props total: 1941 1941
 six5TheStudio said
Increasing production is how you ultimately increase profitability not cutting costs

Cutting costs is a bandaid to appease investors on paper, because it immediately makes you profitable.... itís literally a ďhold onto your buttsĒ scenario outta like Jurassic park.

I think they can do it but they are gonna crash and burn first than have to restructure before they can do it and be successful
Agreed, part of it is to appease investors.. However, the long term cuts can be allocated to increasing production.

Tesla has spent A LOT of money on an old outdated model (physical locations) to sell cars that are mostly being purchased ONLINE.

Honestly, I think it's going to require A LOT of PATIENCE with Tesla. People have counted them out 1000s times and they are slowly starting to turn..

My personal opinion is, Tesla could of been high powered and outperforming most cars companies by now. BUT, Elon Musk is spread WAY too thin with too many other projects. At some point, he needs to commit and execute or bring in someone else to get the job DONE.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #37
six5TheStudio 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 egotistical said
Agreed, part of it is to appease investors.. However, the long term cuts can be allocated to increasing production.

Tesla has spent A LOT of money on an old outdated model (physical locations) to sell cars that are mostly being purchased ONLINE.

Honestly, I think it's going to require A LOT of PATIENCE with Tesla. People have counted them out 1000s times and they are slowly starting to turn..

My personal opinion is, Tesla could of been high powered and outperforming most cars companies by now. BUT, Elon Musk is spread WAY too thin with too many other projects. At some point, he needs to commit and execute or bring in someone else to get the job DONE.

Hence my first post his ego is the problem not the general idea on the company and itís products

I agree

Bring in someone else

But that will never happen

He literally bought his brothers company to keep the family name afloat
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #38
bigkilla 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$7,494 | Props total: 14401 14401
 PCDubya said
I thought the same, until you look into their batteries used to power their cars. They currently use a European company I believe, who has them by the balls on the price of these batteries.

When tesla was going public with the IPO, it was to raise funds to build their own factory in Nevada to manufacture their own batteries. Once tesla opens that massive factory, they will own the electric car market for a long time.

Performance wise, others companies will be able to compete. But when you have to buy your batteries from your competitor(tesla) you will never be able to touch their price.
Why can't the large manufacturers do the same? I can see someone like Toyota doing it... Nissan too.. and probably quicker and more efficient than Tesla.

egotistical said

Well physical space is always necessary.. just depends on what... the companies you named are because of the space they take up and their small online presence. Look at Amazon buying up warehouses left and right so they can deliver and move product quicker.. same should be for Tesla to be able to work on cars and keep their customers moving.

Cutting showrooms is one thing... but if you're not growing your garages and etc because you don't have the funds is another.

stayfocus18 said
I drove from nyc to stl and back no problem with charging in my model 3. Some of you really donít know how beneficial an online only approach is. Like so many retail businesses itís very costly to keep a physical store and most of their sales are already online. Plus no other car company has a charging network that even comes close to Teslaís. People been saying theyíre going out of business for how long now and they keep growing lol.
But they need physical space still for their garages... which they don't do.

Lazy said

He also commented on how sh*tty buying a Tesla from them is... how it took months and they didn't even show him pictures of the car he purchased and how badly organized they were.

six5TheStudio said
Iíve seen it itís dope, Tesla did everything it could to stop him until his channel got popular,

If I remember correctly he says he canít even source parts anymore because of out of state/country buyers at auctions flooded or totaled Teslaís going for 20-30-even 40k
They don't even let him buy parts

egotistical said

Honestly because I think he's just a really great salesman and keeps spreading out until he finds something that hits and will make them profitable.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #39
kontrast 
space
space
space
$1,977 | Props total: 200 200
 six5TheStudio said

He worked in solar (their only profitable sector at the time) and then they basically cut it to fuel the pipe dream that they could sell a model 3 for 35k, then forced the remaining solar reps to start selling cars and solar at the ďpop up shop showrooms.Ē Then made them just work at the delivery center delivering cars, image tryna buy a whip online let alone a Tesla

Now they are having issues with the cars and they donít want a recall so the try and fix every issue individually which is a nightmare for a consumer, not letting anyone else touch a Tesla (repairs/maintenance) is gonna come back and bite them in the a*s cause what happens if there is a large scale issue with the cheap version of the model 3? You gonna email your car back to Tesla for them to fix it?

Jesus Christ

What a bunch of sh*t. I bought my Tesla online. No issues. No nightmares.

While everyone is freaking out that Tesla is closing physical stores (outdated business model thatís now irrelevant given their online sales presence), Tesla stays moving faster than the competition. NO ONE is catching them in the EV game. The company is being run extremely lean, constantly making moves that increase their EV market share. You can say whatever you want about how they treat their employees - fact is Tesla has been doubted thousands of times and they always prove people wrong. Closing down physical stores that cost significant overhead when 78% of their sales are online only makes perfect sense.

2 weeks ago '04        #40
Mike T 172 heat pts172
space
space
$16,407 | Props total: 30200 30200
 Toast2the said
@ you good?
Yeah I work at the enegery & battery cell factory. I knew those stores weren't gonna last. You're supposed to order the car online
+1   

1 week ago '04        #41
sideshow20 19 heat pts19
space
space
$9,817 | Props total: 875 875

+1   

1 week ago '06        #42
Mike in Reno 20 heat pts20
space
space
$13,400 | Props total: 3415 3415
 Mike T said
Yeah I work at the enegery & battery cell factory. I knew those stores weren't gonna last. You're supposed to order the car online
You work at the factory near Reno?

1 week ago '04        #43
Mike T 172 heat pts172
space
space
$16,407 | Props total: 30200 30200
 Mike in Reno said
You work at the factory near Reno?
Yeah the one in sparks
+1   

4 days ago '05        #45
pnoi89 18 heat pts18
space
space
$13,111 | Props total: 8915 8915
Can you still test drive with online only? I ain’t buying a car I didnt test drive

3 days ago '05        #46
Hold That 111 heat pts111
space
space
$40,715 | Props total: 24340 24340
 Unattached said
They probably will keep one somewhere in the Chicago area too. I see these bi*ches everywhere
They definitely keeping one in Chicago. Tesla isnít going to remove all retail from the Midwest aka the hub of automotive... n*gga said ATL over Chicago
+1   

3 days ago '04        #47
JayR04 124 heat pts124
space
space
$11,800 | Props total: 9046 9046
 pnoi89 said
Can you still test drive with online only? I ainít buying a car I didnt test drive
They decided on keeping most stores but going up on prices

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
-16online now  45
NBA Dwayne Wades son werks the runway better than Tyra Banks
78 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+23online now  45
Image(s) inside Shorty from tory lanez video
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+142online now  28
Image(s) inside Come Get Your Auntie Before I Fvck Her, Bruh
87 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+91online now  26
The RATCHETS in Miami Beach was CUTTING UP for Spring Break 2019.
251 comments
23 hours ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy