UFC 143: Diaz vs Condit Official Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
98 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Boose just dropped album of the year with Boopac :chuuch:
48 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #821
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,824 | Props total: 57 57
 I'm The Dan said:
Diaz landed about 50ish strikes less than Condit. That's including leg kicks and having to chase Condit down the whole f!ght.

We're not going to change each others minds. I honestly think that Dana will talk Diaz into coming back and we'll get a rematch. GSP isn't going to be ready until November. Set the rematch of Diaz and Condit for June, then the winner can get GSP in November.
im sorry if i offended u, lets be friends again man. we had some good times together. and u r wrong, bet me a nickel its diaz vs koscheck in like july.
 6 years ago '06        #822
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$9,208 | Props total: 2058 2058
Condit won... Nuff said!
 6 years ago '05        #823
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 Cee4our said:
im sorry if i offended u, lets be friends again man. we had some good times together. and u r wrong, bet me a nickel its diaz vs koscheck in like july.
I'll take that bet. Why would Diaz f!ght Koscheck if he felt he won? Condit has nothing to do until November now. There's enough controversy with the f!ght to have a rematch.
 6 years ago '05        #824
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,652 | Props total: 13765 13765
 Cee4our said:
ehhhhhh......ok
 6 years ago '05        #825
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,424 | Props total: 4758 4758
people are just salty Condit used the perfect gameplan to beat a brawler with sh*tty footwork...movement...

there is no reason for Condit to stand and bang with Diaz, probably what most people were expecting but are just disappointed in how the f!ght went and are taking it out on Condit...

point f!ghters and running f!ghters don't throw flying knees, spinning backfists/elbows, and headkicks...

Condit won't beat Diaz in a brawl and Diaz won't beat Condit in a technical match either...perhaps Diaz should do more than just walkaround the cage flat-footed only throwing hands...

Diaz got Edgar'd (ask BJ)
 6 years ago '05        #826
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
 MysticKJ said:
people are just salty Condit used the perfect gameplan to beat a brawler with sh*tty footwork...movement...

there is no reason for Condit to stand and bang with Diaz, probably what most people were expecting but are just disappointed in how the f!ght went and are taking it out on Condit...

point f!ghters and running f!ghters don't throw flying knees, spinning backfists/elbows, and headkicks...

Condit won't beat Diaz in a brawl and Diaz won't beat Condit in a technical match either...perhaps Diaz should do more than just walkaround the cage flat-footed only throwing hands...

TERRIBLE example. I am a huge BJ Penn fan, but what Edgar did was a great game plan. He would get in, use his speed to throw some combos, then get out. He did this for five rounds and was effective with it. There is a big between what Edgar and Condit did. BIG difference.

Condit didn't jump in and throw combos like Edgar did. He would throw a leg kick and usually just jump back. You say he threw flying knees, spinning back fists, and head kicks, but how many of those actually landed? I don't think he landed one flying knee or back fist. He got a couple head kicks, but didn't even seem to hurt Diaz.

You actually brought up a good example without even knowing it. What Edgar did to BJ was a great example of "point scoring" but being effective at the same time. Condit didn't do anything like Edgar did.
 6 years ago '05        #827
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,824 | Props total: 57 57
 I'm The Dan said:
TERRIBLE example. I am a huge BJ Penn fan, but what Edgar did was a great game plan. He would get in, use his speed to throw some combos, then get out. He did this for five rounds and was effective with it. There is a big between what Edgar and Condit did. BIG difference.

Condit didn't jump in and throw combos like Edgar did. He would throw a leg kick and usually just jump back. You say he threw flying knees, spinning back fists, and head kicks, but how many of those actually landed? I don't think he landed one flying knee or back fist. He got a couple head kicks, but didn't even seem to hurt Diaz.

You actually brought up a good example without even knowing it. What Edgar did to BJ was a great example of "point scoring" but being effective at the same time. Condit didn't do anything like Edgar did.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #828
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,424 | Props total: 4758 4758
 I'm The Dan said:

Condit had a great gameplan as well...what makes Edgar's strikes effective but not Condit's? BJ and Diaz both had busted up faces...

it was a great example because I was referring to Condit gaining the points needed to win (knowing the guy he is f!ghting will almost surely not be finished) over 5 rounds by using a great gameplan of implementing movement...this has nothing to do with combos, I didn't say they fought the same style of f!ght...

let's be honest, Diaz wasn't going to get subbed or KO'd...so Condit knew this f!ght was going 5 rounds...his gameplan was made for a 5 round f!ght...

Condit threw combos...he just didn't throw enough for Diaz to get off...

he didn't have to land any spinning techniques or flying knees, bottom line is if he is throwing those techniques he isn't running and that is an opportunity for Diaz to close distance...even though, he knew Diaz probably won't be finished he threw techniques that are typically a.ssociated with high-risk high-reward...

I'm a fan of Diaz and I picked him to win, but I just felt Condit was aggressive when he opportunity presented itself (center of the cage, not back against the cage) and did more than Diaz did...neither guy did much tho

so because a strike didn't hurt Diaz it shouldn't count? Diaz has a good chin

Last edited by MysticKJ; 02-05-2012 at 07:56 PM..
 02-05-2012, 08:05 PM         #829
SoCal Savage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y.G. said:
You've already been ethered several times since this post, but I'll reply anyhow.

1. It takes much more effort to land several punches in combination than it does to land a single baby leg kick while standing on the outside.

2. If someone lands several combinations of punches on your face all throughout a 5 round f!ght, you will show damage. Obviously, if someone lands baby kicks to your leg all throughout a 5 round f!ght, chances are they'll have no effect as Diaz proved this.
dumbass
 6 years ago '05        #830
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,652 | Props total: 13765 13765
 SoCal Savage said:
dumbass
Why you mad, dumbass? You idiots keep acting like everyone here is a Diaz fan. I wanted to see dude win just so he could f!ght St. Pierre, but if Condit put on a show and won I wouldn't have minded either way. No one deserves a title by throwing baby kicks then immediately back pedaling for an entire f!ght.
 6 years ago '05        #831
44Caliber 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,576 | Props total: 22 22
I had Condit winning but it was close but that f!ght was garbage. I cant be a fan of Condit anymore. Greg Jackson always has to mess with his f!ghters. Condit didnt go out there to f!ght like he usually does he went out there to win by points and i cant respect that.

But to me he outpointed Nick in rounds 2-4.

And I seriously doubt Nick retires, all he knows is f!ghting so what else would he do?
 6 years ago '05        #832
TitoDaMayne 
space
space
$680 | Props total: 2 2
 44Caliber said:
I had Condit winning but it was close but that f!ght was garbage. I cant be a fan of Condit anymore. Greg Jackson always has to mess with his f!ghters. Condit didnt go out there to f!ght like he usually does he went out there to win by points and i cant respect that.

But to me he outpointed Nick in rounds 2-4.

And I seriously doubt Nick retires, all he knows is f!ghting so what else would he do?
open cannibus medical clinic :dancingcool:
 6 years ago '10        #833
jmheight1 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,291 | Props total: 7639 7639
at that garbage a.ss movement shutting down Diaz. Thats on Diaz not being able to adjust, his best attempt was trying to taunt him into the f!ght he wanted. When that sh*t didnt work, he stopped
 6 years ago '07        #834
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,405 | Props total: 2525 2525
 I'm The Dan said:
Wouldn't the f!ght be a draw? If the 1st was a draw, Diaz got 2nd, Condit got 3 and 4, and Diaz got the 5th... That's a draw, right? Not 49-48 for Condit.

- As for Octagon Control: I don't see it as having control if you just run around the cage. To me, aggression and control are one in the same. If you are walking someone down, then you have control. If that's not true, then Stefan Struve could be the best f!ghter on the planet if he decided he was just going to circle and leg kick the whole time. The problem with this is, before this f!ght, it was generally looked down upon and the judges didn't score it for the person "on his bicycle"

- You had the f!ght 2-2 going into the 5th round? If so, how can you possibly give the round to Condit? It was relatively close throughout (mainly leaning towards Condit), but when Nick took Condit down with 1:30 left, and went for multiple submissions, that pushes Nick over the top in that round... right?

- I agree with the appearance of switching styles showing that the leg kicks may have hurt. I'm not saying they didn't hurt. Using a word like "effective" is relative; those kicks would probably cripple me, but Nick is trained to take them. My point is the judges should be able to tell the difference. If he's doing these leg kicks and Nick isn't limping or at least stop chasing Condit, then they're not being as effective as people are saying.

Also, the funny thing about what you said is during the second round Nick was taunting more than striking: This was the only round that Nick outstruck Condit with total strikes (leg kicks included).

- No doubt Nick is a tough dude. Condit is a tough guy as well. As I said before, I was a huge fan of Condit. I loved his style, but for this f!ght he changed it up COMPLETELY and turned into a pus*y. I'm not saying he should stand there and trade with Nick (he would most likely lose) but instead of leg kicking and retreating, throw a few combos then back up. He threw one effective combo during that whole f!ght. Condit is a much better f!ghter than he showed last night and it's shame because if he was as aggressive as he normally is, he might have still won and came out looking amazing. Instead, during his next f!ght he has to come out aggressive as he was before the Diaz f!ght, or he runs the risk of falling into the same level of a Fitch... someone who wins, but nobody wants to watch.
Neither had Octagon control. That's all I was saying. In my opinion you're misconstruing the entire meaning of control. I never said Condit had control... But you were presenting an argument that Diaz had control... And he didn't... The key word is CONTROL. He had control in the 5th round. I never said that throwing leg kicks and being elusive are controlling... I'm just saying that it showed that Diaz DIDN'T have control.

You also did not correctly comprehend what I wrote about the way I scored it. I never said that I had it 2-2 going into the 5th round. I said I had it 2-2 and one close round that could go either way. Reread it. My rationale was that it was a very close decision. Either way... It's not a robbery to me because it was so close. If Diaz would have gotten the decision it would have been Machida/Rampage all over again. The only real solution was a draw.

I feel like you're not giving Condit nearly enough credit. He didn't only have one combo. Sure he may have relied heavily on his leg kicks, but also mixed up some very nice sequences. And I'm sorry but when you're a judge and you see things like... Switching stance stance responding to an attack, visible frustration, a nicely executed gameplan (which lends to the idea that you're not being controlled) and a fair amount of damage... You'd be inclined to give the nod to that guy. You're not supposed to, but let's be honest... In a very close decision those things probably tip the scale in a close decision in a 10-point MUST system.

And I said I think it was the second, but it may not be. I haven't gotten the opportunity to rewatch. Bottom Line... Nick Diaz could have won this f!ght decisively, but he didn't He DID allow himself to get outpointed. He showed that he had the answer to Condit... In the second half of the last round. Too little too late.

I'm a fan of both f!ghters... In fact I was leaning a bit more heavily toward Diaz winning because I wanted to see the GSP/Diaz f!ght. So it's not like I watched the f!ght through Condit tinted lenses
 6 years ago '05        #835
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
 Optimus Crime said:
Neither had Octagon control. That's all I was saying. In my opinion you're misconstruing the entire meaning of control. I never said Condit had control... But you were presenting an argument that Diaz had control... And he didn't... The key word is CONTROL. He had control in the 5th round. I never said that throwing leg kicks and being elusive are controlling... I'm just saying that it showed that Diaz DIDN'T have control.

You also did not correctly comprehend what I wrote about the way I scored it. I never said that I had it 2-2 going into the 5th round. I said I had it 2-2 and one close round that could go either way. Reread it. My rationale was that it was a very close decision. Either way... It's not a robbery to me because it was so close. If Diaz would have gotten the decision it would have been Machida/Rampage all over again. The only real solution was a draw.

I feel like you're not giving Condit nearly enough credit. He didn't only have one combo. Sure he may have relied heavily on his leg kicks, but also mixed up some very nice sequences. And I'm sorry but when you're a judge and you see things like... Switching stance stance responding to an attack, visible frustration, a nicely executed gameplan (which lends to the idea that you're not being controlled) and a fair amount of damage... You'd be inclined to give the nod to that guy. You're not supposed to, but let's be honest... In a very close decision those things probably tip the scale in a close decision in a 10-point MUST system.

And I said I think it was the second, but it may not be. I haven't gotten the opportunity to rewatch. Bottom Line... Nick Diaz could have won this f!ght decisively, but he didn't He DID allow himself to get outpointed. He showed that he had the answer to Condit... In the second half of the last round. Too little too late.

I'm a fan of both f!ghters... In fact I was leaning a bit more heavily toward Diaz winning because I wanted to see the GSP/Diaz f!ght. So it's not like I watched the f!ght through Condit tinted lenses
Which round di you have as "close" that could go either way? I understand people view the f!ght differently, but I think Diaz got 1 and 2, Condit got 3 and 4 with Diaz getting the 5th. I think all rounds were won pretty handily besides the 5th. Condit was winning the 5th until Diaz took him down with 1:30 left. It depends on how you view that round. Do you give it to Condit for the 3:30 that he was running around leg kicking or do you give it to Diaz for his ground control? If you had the close round as a different one, then let me know.

As for the other stuff, I am pretty much done arguing it. The definition of insanity is doing someone over and over expecting a different result. I've said my part and you've said yours. I think Diaz won the f!ght purely off of his aggression and control (to me, he controlled the f!ght because Condit was always backing up) and grappling. I give Condit a slight edge in striking, but if you take away the leg kicks (considering they weren't that effective) then Diaz actually outstruck Condit) then Diaz won this f!ght. As I said before, if you disagree with my a.ssessment of Diaz getting 1, 2 and 5 with Condit getting 3 and 4, let me know. I'm curious if you disagree how you gave rounds differently.
 02-05-2012, 10:42 PM         #836
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MysticKJ said:

What a terrible example, Frankie would move in and hit Penn w/ some power shots and had plenty of takedowns.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
23 hours ago