Finally A Houston Rapper Speaks Out Against Asap Rocky & Co.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
37 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #221
lment 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,040 | Props total: 66 66
what a fu*king baby mad at asap's success
smh

never gunna respect salty losers like this

Last edited by lment; 01-04-2012 at 08:30 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #222
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
that geto boys song sounds exactly like "straight outta compton"

Thread fail
 01-04-2012, 08:39 PM         #223
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let me school these n*ggas man...

First off asap and them n*ggas do show homage. Now as the south got it's style from the west??? no they did not.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Westcoast was bout that gangsta sh*t, but them n*ggas can't claim the term of being gangsta. Last time i checked that sh*t started back in the 20's with n*ggas like al capone, john d rockeffeler, john dillinger.
 6 years ago '05        #224
freshtoodef 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,612 | Props total: 4375 4375
 gameofchris said:
 01-04-2012, 08:44 PM         #225
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oh and you don't have to be from texas to be trill...

It's a culture that started there. It's all over the country.
 6 years ago '11        #226
whitesand 46 heat pts46
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 1545 1545
 JoeyPrince said:
thank u, now n*ggas like ro and keke and real n*ggas like trae n them can let these wack a.ss new york n*ggas know that its not a game my n*gga. Damn!
These n*ggas thinking fu*king up the game is okay.
sh*t is getting out of hand....
Yall have yall own style, we got ours; syrup, grills, fried chicken, all that good sh*t is us.
U n*ggas eat pizza and rock pelle pelles and koofees and sh*t
They also jump fences all day wit a turkey sandwich from the bodega
 6 years ago '04        #227
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6514 6514
 antoniob 321 said:
Let me school these n*ggas man...

First off asap and them n*ggas do show homage. Now as the south got it's style from the west??? no they did not.

Westcoast was bout that gangsta sh*t, but them n*ggas can't claim the term of being gangsta. Last time i checked that sh*t started back in the 20's with n*ggas like al capone, john d rockeffeler, john dillinger.
i said ugk not the whole south
 6 years ago '09        #228
59fifty 
space
space
$22,720 | Props total: 10165 10165
For da n*ggaz that say em n royce aint nyc influenced...see masta ace
 6 years ago '04        #229
H.N.I.C. 
space
space
space
$2,946 | Props total: 211 211
 ice wolf said:
Not at all, man... You're probably not old enough to comment on this thread.

I love the Geto Boys and all but they were clearly influenced by East Coast Hip-Hop, as were all Southern groups in the late 80's/early 90's. Everyone was in that era! It was unavoidable. They had DJ cuts on their chorus's and had hard sample based beats. The southern accent was prevalent but there was an undeniable NY influence on virtually every song.

Does this track not sound like East Coast Hip-Hop in 1990?
Sounds More NWA than Rakim or PE too me atleast ...
 01-04-2012, 11:11 PM         #230
Laccville 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I gotta agree with Carter.

I mean, not to bring up the goon that is Drake, but he throws out homages to Houston and sh*t but you don't here it in his music. He doesn't copy the style exactly and talk about it obsessively. Rocky does.

That said, I still dig Rocky's music.
 6 years ago '07        #231
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
IMO him being from NY and sounding like a southern rapper is all dude has. If he was from NY and rapped like an east coast rapper he'd just be another face in the crowd. Same thing if he was from the south and rapped the way he does....he'd just be another trap-rap dude trying to make it in the game.
 6 years ago '04        #232
astrotrain 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,552 | Props total: 250 250
this dude gonna be the new Mims.
 6 years ago '06        #233
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
 JoeyPrince said:
thank u, now n*ggas like ro and keke and real n*ggas like trae n them can let these wack a.ss new york n*ggas know that its not a game my n*gga. Damn!
These n*ggas thinking fu*king up the game is okay.
sh*t is getting out of hand....
Yall have yall own style, we got ours; syrup, grills, fried chicken, all that good sh*t is us.
U n*ggas eat pizza and rock pelle pelles and koofees and sh*t
When will you "real n*ggas" realize, the music business doesn't care about what region you rep or how real you are. They don't care about your style. When these record execs see something they can exploit for money, they're going to use it til the wheels fall off. It's got nothing to do with New York or ASAP Rocky, and where he's from or what he reps. I don't care anyway. I don't listen to the guy or that Houston rapper either, ranting on twitter of all places.

Don't you realize these record labels are pimping your dumb ignorant grill, syrup, and fried chicken coonin' a$$es. Once your trend is no longer popular, and they can't exploit you anymore guess what? They're gonna drop you like hot cakes and move on to the next big thing. You and your lil Houston homie you're co-signing are angry at the wrong person. Tell him go into that record label's office and confront the execs behind all this. Because that's who's doing it.

It an't got sh*t to do with "wack a$$ New York, eating pizza and rockin pelle pelles and koofees and sh*t." Which ain't even true no way. Too dumb to realize wehn you're being played. And once again pitting black folks against each other. The old divide and conquer. Since he's so angry, go protest in front of the labels building or something. Otherwise, you ain't doing sh*t black man. And nobody cares, believe it or not.
 6 years ago '06        #234
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
 S0ap said:
IMO him being from NY and sounding like a southern rapper is all dude has. If he was from NY and rapped like an east coast rapper he'd just be another face in the crowd. Same thing if he was from the south and rapped the way he does....he'd just be another trap-rap dude trying to make it in the game.
Exactly, they're mad at the wrong people. It's got nothing to do with anything anybody's peddling in this this thread. It's all about the msuic business and how it caters to trends. Period.
 01-05-2012, 12:14 AM         #235
CIDF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if you enjoy an artists music then you are influenced by him.. period. yall act like you are all some original a.ss n*ggas who could start rapping and come with some 100% pure you type sh*t.
 01-05-2012, 12:20 AM         #236
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MissLoveOne said:
When will you "real n*ggas" realize, the music business doesn't care about what region you rep or how real you are. They don't care about your style. When these record execs see something they can exploit for money, they're going to use it til the wheels fall off. It's got nothing to do with New York or ASAP Rocky, and where he's from or what he reps. I don't care anyway. I don't listen to the guy or that Houston rapper either, ranting on twitter of all places.

Don't you realize these record labels are pimping your dumb ignorant grill, syrup, and fried chicken coonin' a$$es. Once your trend is no longer popular, and they can't exploit you anymore guess what? They're gonna drop you like hot cakes and move on to the next big thing. You and your lil Houston homie you're co-signing are angry at the wrong person. Tell him go into that record label's office and confront the execs behind all this. Because that's who's doing it.

It an't got sh*t to do with "wack a$$ New York, eating pizza and rockin pelle pelles and koofees and sh*t." Which ain't even true no way. Too dumb to realize wehn you're being played. And once again pitting black folks against each other. The old divide and conquer. Since he's so angry, go protest in front of the labels building or something. Otherwise, you ain't doing sh*t black man. And nobody cares, believe it or not.
Real talk, chill....
 6 years ago '04        #237
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,305 | Props total: 618 618
hmm i need to listen to asap then come back in this thread to comment...personally though from reading the thread, I'd rather listen to someone trying to form their own sound in a industry filled with clones instead of taking something thats known in one place and running with it, especially if they aren't from the area... in my eyes they're just another gimmick
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
98 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
41 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
173 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
108 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
29 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy