Dec 4 - These Parking Lots Turn Into Safe Havens for Homeless People at Night

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+64  54
77 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+62  37
69 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 week ago '14        #51
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 99722 99 K  Slaps total: 24559 24 K
 CALL AGAIN said
Sad and depressing man and itís gonna get worse until real problems are addressed. I have seen less than ten homeless people my total ten years living and exploring Japan. The sh*t ainít right. Also all the kids 20-30 still living at home with their parents as NEETS wtf they gonna do when their parents die and ainít no one to care for them. I got a didtant cousin back in san jose this little muhfu*ka used to bully me everytime i seen him at family gatherings now the mutherfu*ka had some kinda mental breakdown he is afraid to leave his room. Whats gonna happen to him?
wtf what was the mental break down caused by .....some sort of trauma ??

and japan will be fine just start letting in immigrants

1 week ago '18        #52
Wing Zero 
space
space
space
Props total: 507 507  Slaps total: 129 129
 FukHowYouFeel said
Being an adult on this planet is like being in the wild. Don't nobody owe you sh*t. Not a meal, not a shirt, not a bed or roof over your head.

The fact grown-ups legit need a "nudge" to not shoot up and live under a fu*king bridge.

I don't relate to these people. fu*k'em.
That actually goes against how humanity evolved. Humans are social creatures, we survived by helping each other and communicating.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #53
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
Props total: 7188 7 K  Slaps total: 1086 1 K
 strungout said
wtf what was the mental break down caused by .....some sort of trauma ??

and japan will be fine just start letting in immigrants
Idunno he was one of those cousins where we grew up rough but we had order there whole life was chaotic. He was a bit older than me, but he had a step dad and threw their moms side somehow they were related to Richard Ramirez as well. Their family was all types of fu*ked up and i guess when he grew up all that sh*t caught up to him. I tried to visit him when i was leaving. Cali he just cameout of his room and mumbled some sh*t, but when we were kids he was like a little damien type dude. I think thatís why some people need to be stuck in their ways because if they see how they really are and are not ready for it. It can break them.
+1   

1 week ago '14        #54
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 99722 99 K  Slaps total: 24559 24 K
 CALL AGAIN said
Idunno he was one of those cousins where we grew up rough but we had order there whole life was chaotic. He was a bit older than me, but he had a step dad and threw their moms side somehow they were related to Richard Ramirez as well. Their family was all types of fu*ked up and i guess when he grew up all that sh*t caught up to him. I tried to visit him when i was leaving. Cali he just cameout of his room and mumbled some sh*t, but when we were kids he was like a little damien type dude. I think thatís why some people need to be stuck in their ways because if they see how they really are and are not ready for it. It can break them.
you made me go read up on richard ramirez aka the nightstalker (spent a good minute reading everything about him) and wow....if there ever was a spawn of satan this was it...but i also discovered that some women really weren't sh*t either because he had a lot of admirers despite all of the horrible things he did...writing to him in prison....and even married someone in 1996.....and i can't even get a text back ...but enough of that..

ur spot on about that last part ...i dont know how much of it is passed down to us by previous generations but also what we experience as a kid and growing up that shape our adults lives.......all of richard's siblings had birth defects due to his mother being exposed to chemicals working at a boot factory..

just realizing that nobody is perfect on this ball of rock that we are floating on through space is real humbling..if ur cousin is still around i hope u reach out again, and if he's in his bedroom living in some fantasy world or shell shocked...as long as he isn't a harm to others or himself...even though he doesn't have much of a social life and seems to be a recluse now...some time has passed and he might be different now.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #55
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
Props total: 7188 7 K  Slaps total: 1086 1 K
Hey I appreciate this post and i agree with ya. That whole side of the FAM I had big problems with. I finally got to lnow my grandfather who i was always mad at and feared for the last couple years of his life and they played a big part in his passing ala using him but he was a mean drunk. He took care of the whole fam and worked hard for us all to have a future but had his own childhood problems he couldnt win at he had a heart of gold but was just a fu*king a**hole. But I figured it out and broke that cycle. Life is a trip huh. We alll have our obstacles one way or another. I never met no one with some kind of problem. The thing is if you can figure ya problems out or not and how.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #56
Lazy 
space
space
space
Props total: 11025 11 K  Slaps total: 1328 1 K
 cluckaluck said
1) in what country
2) what am I given to fix the problem

Those need to be answered before I answer
Wherever you live now and what resources you have right now

1 week ago '05        #57
cluckaluck 
space
space
Props total: 17128 17 K  Slaps total: 5047 5 K
 Lazy said
Wherever you live now and what resources you have right now
There is a high correlation between mental illness and homelessness in the USA

During the 80s many different programs were cut such as ones that deal with mental institutions and since those were cut there has been a increase in the homeless population in the USA. Thatís the first fix, bring back the institutions. But the sad reality is that budgets are tight and who is going to pay for this? When working your sh*tty job and your employer Lays off a percentage of its employees due to the increase in taxes to help fund more institutions you will bi*ch and complain. Unfortunately in the 80ís there was more manufacturing jobs in the US before globalization and it made it slightly easier to find these programs. So you have globalization, a decrease in pay for unskilled labor, rising healthcare and insurance costs, a shift from manufacturing to a more service based economy, a opiated society and the rise of the prison industrial complex that has locked many of the same people up that previously would have been in institutions.

You tell me how to fix that sh*t?

My professor told me if I have the answers to this I should run for president.

Giving someone a air mattress in a empty parking lot is a slap in the face ?

How about we fix the real problems and not bullsh*t around ?

Globalization
A severe drop in funds for mental institutions
Rising healthcare and insurance costs
A decrease in pay for unskilled workers
The opiate epidemic
The prison industrial complex
Lack of education due to the costs

Letís start there because homelessness is a mere byproduct of this multivariate problem!
+1   

1 week ago '17        #58
Lazy 
space
space
space
Props total: 11025 11 K  Slaps total: 1328 1 K
 cluckaluck said
There is a high correlation between mental illness and homelessness in the USA

During the 80s many different programs were cut such as ones that deal with mental institutions and since those were cut there has been a increase in the homeless population in the USA. Thatís the first fix, bring back the institutions. But the sad reality is that budgets are tight and who is going to pay for this? When working your sh*tty job and your employer Lays off a percentage of its employees due to the increase in taxes to help fund more institutions you will bi*ch and complain. Unfortunately in the 80ís there was more manufacturing jobs in the US before globalization and it made it slightly easier to find these programs. So you have globalization, a decrease in pay for unskilled labor, rising healthcare and insurance costs, a shift from manufacturing to a more service based economy, a opiated society and the rise of the prison industrial complex that has locked many of the same people up that previously would have been in institutions.

You tell me how to fix that sh*t?

My professor told me if I have the answers to this I should run for president.

Giving someone a air mattress in a empty parking lot is a slap in the face ?

How about we fix the real problems and not bullsh*t around ?

Globalization
A severe drop in funds for mental institutions
Rising healthcare and insurance costs
A decrease in pay for unskilled workers
The opiate epidemic
The prison industrial complex
Lack of education due to the costs

Letís start there because homelessness is a mere byproduct of this multivariate problem!
Your professor is right

At minimum that's a great foundation for an anti poverty organization

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  15
People are fed up with the sky-high cost of smartphones
47 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+29online now  13
Scientists Found the Deepest Land on Earth Hiding Beneath Antarctica's Ice
169 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  12
Dec 13 - A 51-year-old man who violently attacked two children inside a Lodi T..
62 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+49online now  4
Dec 13 - Man took $88K from Wells Fargo vault, then flashed cash on Facebook
137 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy