Who told you Jamaican cats that yall bought the phrase "Turn Up" to Atlanta???

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
26 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 week ago '19        #1
910 page views
65 comments

Bam Bam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 8207 8 K  Slaps total: 3453 3 K
Who told you Jamaican cats that yall bought the phrase "Turn Up" to Atlanta???

I keep seeing Caribbean blacks on every platform claiming that yall brought turn up to Atlanta image

What the hell wrong wit yall n*ggas, man? image

I need solid proof that Atlanta n*ggas heard Jamaican n*ggas saying "Tun Up" and became inspired by that and incorporated it into their culture.

"A lot of things that happened in dancehall first always becomes a part of trap or rap," said Majah. "Even down to the language. A Jamaican will say 'yo this ting turn up' and then the next thing you know you will hear someone say 'you let's turn up.' It's the same definition but they just make it theirs."
visit this link https://www.papermag.com/ .. 3#rebelltitem3

I can't imagine this subculture and socioeconomic set of young n*ggas in Atlanta of all cities even hearing Caribbean music like that, esp during that time period. Even if they did, I seriously doubt they would be influenced enough to take the sh*t. Most American n*ggas can't even understand Caribbean accentsimage Who be out here lying to yall n*ggas man?

And then the cap a*s fluff they kickin in that article is retarded. As if 10 years of late 90s and early 2000s Southern R&B and Hip Hop didn't already lay the blueprint for both Trap music and Early 2000s Dancehallimage

Yall n*ggas a trip, manimage

Last edited by Bam Bam; 07-21-2021 at 08:52 PM..

best
worst
65 comments

1 week ago '05        #2
rashcobar 
Props total: 14214 14 K  Slaps total: 2456 2 K
STFU no one cares about what you keep seeing online
+7   

1 week ago '19        #3
Bam Bam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 rashcobar said
STFU no one cares about what you keep seeing online
Get the fu*k outta here, you fu*kin bi*ch a*s n*gga.

I'm sick of yall hoe a*s n*ggas crying about every goddamn thing.

Man up, pu**y.

I'm asking a serious fu*king question, and I'm fu*king curious.

What makes you n*ggas think "turn up" comes from you?

Either contribute to the thread or stop crying like a hoe bi*ch like Nino said, pu**y a*s n*gga.

These threads bring out sh*t that need to be unraveled about black American culture as long as fu*k n*ggas like you kick rocks, hoe a*s n*gga.

1 week ago '19        #4
This song is the sole reason for the spread of the phrase, overnight, outta nowhere. I ain't hear them say sh*t about Jamaican n*ggas runnin around Atlanta spreading sh*t.

That old a*s Vlad set up

Last edited by Bam Bam; 07-21-2021 at 09:11 PM..

1 week ago '20        #5
Red Mist  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 20164 20 K  Slaps total: 2689 2 K
Ok..ok.
+1   

1 week ago '19        #6
 Red Mist said
Ok..ok.

1 week ago '14        #7
Pilscy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25454 25 K  Slaps total: 3785 3 K
I aint jamaican, im Bahamian but they literally like our brother/sister

fu*k out a here bro... I been hearing Jamaicans say that my whole life... Alota trends come from the Caribbean. for example new boys made skinny jeans popular... while Jamaicans been wearing them years before.
+7   

1 week ago '14        #8
Pilscy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25454 25 K  Slaps total: 3785 3 K
Bro like do you understand that Hip Hop came from Jamaican Culture? google what a selector is. google dub plates.
+1   

1 week ago '20        #9
The corrector 
Props total: 5040 5 K  Slaps total: 1130 1 K
This f*g**t again?
+3   

1 week ago '05        #10
CartelFamill 
Props total: 10441 10 K  Slaps total: 1192 1 K
Jamicians been saying Turn up for 30+ Years
+6   

1 week ago '05        #11
CartelFamill 
Props total: 10441 10 K  Slaps total: 1192 1 K
 Pilscy said
Bro like do you understand that Hip Hop came from Jamaican Culture? google what a selector is. google dub plates.
Big Factsss

1 week ago '14        #12
Gio Trappertoni 
Props total: 21778 21 K  Slaps total: 4610 4 K
Tun up been a old word :jayhah2;
+1   

1 week ago '19        #13
 Pilscy said

fu*k out a here bro... I been hearing Jamaicans say that my whole life... Alota trends come from the Caribbean. for example new boys made skinny jeans popular... while Jamaicans been wearing them years before.
Well I'm ADOS/FBA and Jamaicans and the rest of you n*ggas is like Asians and Mexicans to me. Ain't no fu*kin brother of mine.

See, when you claim someone stole something from your people you have to provide proof. The same way I provide proof for all of the sh*t Jamaicans have stolen from black Americans.

Where's your proof that Atlanta n*ggas heard and took "Turn up" from Jamaicans saying "tun up"?

Where's your proof that Northern Cali n*ggas stole skinny jeans from Jamaican n*ggas?

Correlation does not equal causation.

What the fu*k makes you think black Americans even have access to your people?

You foreign n*ggas spent decade after decade clowning black Americans for being ignorant about the cultures of foreign black groups to now all of a sudden you claim we stole all yall sh*t.

And going by your logic black Americans was wearing skinny jeans and pants in the 80s and every decade previously up until the 30s and 40s zoot suit era.

By yall stupid n*ggas logic yall stole skinny jeans from us in the first place.

Caribbean n*ggas do NOT set trends in the ADOS/FBA community, not trying to be ugly but yall are irrelevant and yall really don't comprehend how irrelevant yall are outside of NYC and Miami.

1 week ago '19        #14
 Pilscy said
Big lies

Hip Hop came from nothing but ADOS/FBA cultures.

Hip Hop DJ culture is literally a spinoff of Disco DJ culture.

A Jamaican selector has absolutely nothing to do with Hip Hop and they were influenced by ADOS/FBA people in the first place

I will slaughter this argument to shreds. Don't go there with me.

Hip Hop LITERALLY started out as an African American party, in a predominantly African American neighborhood, playing nothing but African American music, dressed and talking like nothing but African American people, spitting over the mic like James Brown, Pigmeat Markham, Muhammad Ali, Rudy Ray Moore, the dozens, jive talk, toasting(ADOS/FBA pimp culture) etc over Funk, Disco, R&B, Rock, and Soul records, all FBA genres. You'd be hard pressed to find a Hip Hop song from the 70s or even the early 80s that sounds Caribbean.

Herc told you this if you actually knew the history, dummy, but what Herc ain't gon tell you is who he was influenced by...it was the Disco DJs

And before anything, if you listen to any era of Hip Hop and can't tell that sh*t is 1000% African American music and culture than you are an idiot that knows absolutely nothing about African American music history and culture.

Last edited by Bam Bam; 07-21-2021 at 09:59 PM..

1 week ago '19        #15
 CartelFamill said
Jamicians been saying Turn up for 30+ Years
 Gio Trappertoni said
Tun up been a old word :jayhah2;
Where's the proof that black Americans from Atlanta heard it from Jamaicans and stole it?

I need some receipts like the ones I just posted a minute ago.

1 week ago '19        #16
Bklynzfinest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 29369 29 K  Slaps total: 3770 3 K
lol this troll keeps regurgitating the same bullsh*t and i'm glad to see no one's buying it...ur divisive rhetoric isn't working...time to start with new tactics...swamp n*gga or w/e u calling urself today...there's a good 65% chance u ain't even Black...
+10   

1 week ago '06        #17
datVAkid 
Props total: 33755 33 K  Slaps total: 5461 5 K
 Pilscy said

Atlanta didnt get Turn up from the carribean but i know turn or churn up been said in the community for years...

Its like DC and Chicago and Philly...
DC and Chicago both say joe... but they aint take it from each other.
DC and Philly both say jahn or jawn (dc is more joint with a southern draw), but they aint take it from each other...
+3   

1 week ago '19        #18
 Bklynzfinest said
lol this troll keeps regurgitating the same bullsh*t and i'm glad to see no one's buying it...ur divisive rhetoric isn't working...time to start with new tactics...swamp n*gga or w/e u calling urself today...there's a good 65% chance u ain't even Black...
Lol at divisive rhetoric.

I originally asked a question, giving your people a shot to prove black Americans from Atlanta stole turn up from Jamaicans, just somehow, someway.

Yall n*ggas the ones came in here with the divisive talk rooted in nothing but pure, unadulterated cap and fable.

This false narrative on Hip Hop is changing big time whether you n*ggas like it or not.

1 week ago '19        #19
 datVAkid said
Atlanta didnt get Turn up from the carribean but i know turn or churn up been said in the community for years...

Its like DC and Chicago and Philly...
DC and Chicago both say joe... but they aint take it from each other.
DC and Philly both say jahn or jawn (dc is more joint with a southern draw), but they aint take it from each other...
sh*t like this, connecting dots is why I do it

Memphis n*ggas say junt.

1 week ago '19        #20
 Bam Bam said
Lol at divisive rhetoric.

I originally asked a question, giving your people a shot to prove black Americans from Atlanta stole turn up from Jamaicans, just somehow, someway.

Yall n*ggas the ones came in here with the divisive talk rooted in nothing but pure, unadulterated cap and fable.

This false narrative on Hip Hop is changing big time whether you n*ggas like it or not.
the fact that u would ask that question is divisive in of itself...but u know this...u can act/be dumb if u want, but only 1 of us is going to afford to do that tonight...i ain't going back and forth about ur hatred for Black people...whether you're Black or not, you ain't no Brother...
+2   

1 week ago '19        #21
 Bam Bam said
Where's the proof that black Americans from Atlanta heard it from Jamaicans and stole it?

I need some receipts like the ones I just posted a minute ago.
And to answer this stupid question...it's basic Jamaican Patois...

the phrase itself "turn up" in Patois, is "tun up" ...as in "tun up di music" ...so 'tun up' been a phrase in Jamaica to just mean get lively ... to "tun up in a di party" mean either u arrived there as in 'turn up to a place'...or u getting drunk, dancing, or w/e...who gives a fu*k who came with it first? If u got proof it's from Atl or wherever...great...so fu*king what? There's plenty of things said in Jamaica now that comes straight from Black Americans and mostly hip hop...we say "thug," "son," "n*gga," etc... OP, as usual ur focusing/or selling the wrong thing...
+3   

1 week ago '07        #22
JamcnPrettyboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 26632 26 K  Slaps total: 4002 4 K
This dude stays making threads about Jamaican

Obsessed
+4   

1 week ago '19        #23
 Bklynzfinest said
the fact that u would ask that question is divisive in of itself...but u know this...u can act/be dumb if u want, but only 1 of us is going to afford to do that tonight...i ain't going back and forth about ur hatred for Black people...whether you're Black or not, you ain't no Brother...
The audacity.

I am pre black immigrant infestation, "we all black" black American wit his guard up after being put up on what type time you hoe a*s n*ggas really on.

I am the reason the word "brother" was manifested.

1 week ago '19        #24
 JamcnPrettyboy said
This dude stays making threads about Jamaican

Obsessed
Obsessed? No.

Sick of body snatching culture vultures and their abnormally misinformed myths that they push.

Keep our names out yall mouth, I'll keep yalls out my sh*t.

1 week ago '19        #25
 Bklynzfinest said
And to answer this stupid question...it's basic Jamaican Patois...

the phrase itself "turn up" in Patois, is "tun up" ...as in "tun up di music" ...so 'tun up' been a phrase in Jamaica to just mean get lively ... to "tun up in a di party" mean either u arrived there as in 'turn up to a place'...or u getting drunk, dancing, or w/e...who gives a fu*k who came with it first? If u got proof it's from Atl or wherever...great...so fu*king what? There's plenty of things said in Jamaica now that comes straight from Black Americans and mostly hip hop...we say "thug," "son," "n*gga," etc... OP, as usual ur focusing/or selling the wrong thing...
Jamaicans give a fu*k where Black American culture comes from obviously. They try to claim as much of it as they can.

And nothing you said answered the damned question.

Correlation does not equal causation.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-34online now  19
Real or fake : PJ Washington signs babymama Brittany Renner to 18 year dea..
49 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+36online now  15
Video inside Jeff Bezos on how important sleep is
101 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+53online now  14
OT Sha'Carri Richardson tweets the Olympics are trash w/o..
280 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+181online now  13
Video inside Da baby kicks questlove out of hiphop
339 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy