Jan 10 - Did 4Chan Troll The CIA?

most viewed right now
NBA BBB Lavar Ball With Another Genius Move
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside WTF shorty head game is....
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dudes run up on Lil Bow Wow's house
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA charles barkley. ....wow
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 months ago '14        #41
Swade009 48 heat pts48
space
space
space
$6,499 | Props total: 2597 2597
 Sire said:
yes i read it. you are a little misinformed about the nature of the "report".

it wasnt an official finalized report. it was a summary of raw human field intelligence. basically just relaying information...not verified and substantiated on every claim (hard for a field op to do obviously). it is up to the particular intelligence agencies to investigate and see what checks out. the media is rightfully reporting it as "unsubstantiated".
Buzzfeed and everyone else is backtrackingn and your dumbass is trying to find a way to prove its validity.
GingerNinjaHTX and 1 others gave props

4 months ago '14        #42
GingerNinjaHTX 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,828 | Props total: 4192 4192
 Sire said:
yes i read it. you are a little misinformed about the nature of the "report".

it wasnt an official finalized report. it was a summary of raw human field intelligence. basically just relaying information...not verified and substantiated on every claim (hard for a field op to do obviously). it is up to the particular intelligence agencies to investigate and see what checks out. the media is rightfully reporting it as "unsubstantiated".
Dude no one would float around some report that was put together so sloppily - disregard even the content but look at all of the many grammar and punctuation and formatting errors in the report itself.

It's clown sh*t bro. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt.
 4 months ago '09        #43
bigscore 1594 heat pts1594
space
space
$11,391 | Props total: 12639 12639
 Swade009 said:
You do know buzzfeed and every other new song outlet is now backing away from the intelligence report from the CIA now right??? You believe the bad things about Trump but when people get proof it's a lie you still deny it. I hope you're just a troll and not this dumb.

Intelligence agencies are still investigating

News outlets have no new information to report at the moment
smokeytheblunt2 gave props

4 months ago '16        #44
Sire 1 heat pts
space
space
$359 | Props total: 2183 2183
 GingerNinjaHTX said:
Dude no one would float around some report that was put together so sloppily - disregard even the content but look at all of the many grammar and punctuation and formatting errors in the report itself.

It's clown sh*t bro. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt.
its raw human intelligence not a phd thesis lol.

if you read/watched any comments from ex intelligence officials they said inconsistencies are common. misspellings, dates off by a day or two, name mixups, etc.

the field op is just relaying information from his a.sset(s) in the field as fast as possible. the intelligence agency works to explore the leads and verify what is accurate and what isnt.

its not rocket science lol.

just about all of the intelligence officials on every program i watched said the information is unverified as of now (by anyone outside of the government agencies) and it should be viewed with natural skepticism by us. but the fact that it was even brought up in an intelligence briefing means that the information is being taken serious and the source is likely credible. they dont just pass along "hot tea" lol.
 4 months ago '14        #45
Swade009 48 heat pts48
space
space
space
 bigscore said:
Intelligence agencies are still investigating

News outlets have no new information to report at the moment
Investigating 4chan

You're just as bad as everyone who believed the weapons of mass destruction bullsh*t to get us into war.

There are now documents out showing Obama didn't trust our intelligence community back in 2008.
K1N60FM4573R5 gave props

4 months ago '14        #46
Swade009 48 heat pts48
space
space
space
 Sire said:

if you read/watched any comments from ex intelligence officials they said inconsistencies are common. misspellings, dates off by a day or two, name mixups, etc.

the field op is just relaying information from his a.sset(s) in the field as fast as possible. the intelligence agency works to explore the leads and verify what is accurate and what isnt.

just about all of the intelligence officials on every program i watched said the information is unverified as of now (by anyone outside of the government agencies) and it should be viewed with natural skepticism by us. but the fact that it was even brought up in an intelligence briefing means that the information is being taken serious and the source is likely credible. they dont just pass along "hot tea" lol.
So it's rushed bullsh*t like the weapons of mass destruction.... The CIA is so in a rush to put out propaganda that they aren't taking time to do a proper investigation.... Please STFU and stop defending these people. If you actually read the FBIs intelligence reports it has no evidence in it just speculation.
K1N60FM4573R5 gave props

4 months ago '16        #47
Sire 1 heat pts
space
space
 Swade009 said:
So it's rushed bullsh*t like the weapons of mass destruction.... The CIA is so in a rush to put out propaganda that they aren't taking time to do a proper investigation.... Please STFU and stop defending these people. If you actually read the FBIs intelligence reports it has no evidence in it just speculation.
you going through pms fam? why cant you debate like a rational adult?
 4 months ago '04        #48
strat 
space
space
space
$467 | Props total: 519 519
 Swade009 said:
It's not an intelligence report, it's not made by the CIA or FBI. It's someone's notes. It probably shouldn't have been published. However the CIA was able to verify or corroborate a 2 page version of it to put in the classified brief to Potus and peotus. Carl Bernstein won't fu*k up his reputation with bullsh*t, he brings down Presidents.
 4 months ago '14        #49
space
space
 Sire said:

Okay again even if it's raw human intelligence no professional of any sort puts forth a document with that many errors even internally. It would be highly embarrassing to your reputation and future credibility just to send something like that with so many errors even internally or to anyone really.

Much less the information in it.

An actual quote from the report:

"Trump's previous efforts had included exploring the real estate sector in St Petersburg as well as Moscow but in the end Trump had had to settle for the use of extensive s3xual services there from local prostitutes rather than business success."

This is what you are backing man?

There is no harm in admitting this is blatantly fake and absurd. You can still feel Trump is a piece of sh*t and that he is wrong for our country without tying yourself to some ridiculous fan fic piece like this. I really am trying to be reasonable in my dialogue with you but you are entitled to your beliefs I just really can't wrap my head around them. This isn't about who wins or loses or democrat or republican - just objectively look at this situation. If you want to criticize Trump, there is plenty of legitimate ammo to do so, but aligning yourself with something like this only serves to rob you of any credibility. Do you not see that?

The absurdity of this report released by Buzzfeed has made it now such that if there was any substantiated info in there it will never take hold because it was tied to such a blatantly fake and absurd report. This only helps Trump because now he can easily dismiss it and in the future when real stories come out about things he has done wrong, unless they have smoking gun evidence, he can just call it fake news and use this report as president. Do you not see that man? I am all for holding Trump accountable if he fu*ks up but this honestly only strengthens Trump and Republicans.

Respected journalists that voted against Trump are coming out across the board saying how absurd this is and how buzzfeed has literally set journalism back decades and potentially ruined any real future reporting of real information against Trump. I don't understand why you want to back this so stubbornly. It's very noble for a man to be able to admit perhaps he wasn't right in a specific situation. It doesn't make you less or a person or unintelligent, if anything it makes you more of a man.
K1N60FM4573R5 gave props

4 months ago '06        #50
DEDOS 136 heat pts136
space
space
$60,757 | Props total: 18475 18475

[tweet - click to view]

4 months ago '14        #51
space
space
@ - Here

Buzzfeed’s Trump report takes ‘fake news’ to a new level
By John Podhoretz January 10, 2017 | 10:56pm | Updated

So the website BuzzFeed decided to publish a series of memos that have been floating around for months alleging all kinds of terrible things about Donald Trump.

Some of those terrible allegations have to do with efforts to influence the American elections and Trump. Some of them have to do with Trump’s personal s3xual conduct.

Readers of this newspaper know well not to include me among Trump’s supporters. But the scurrilousness of what BuzzFeed has done here is so beyond the bounds of what is even remotely acceptable it should compel even those most outraged by Trump’s political excesses to come to his defense and to the defense of a few other people mentioned in these papers whose names are also dragged through the mud.

There is literally no evidence on offer in these memos or from BuzzFeed that any single sentence in these documents is factual or true. What’s more, we know most major news organizations in America had seen them and despite their well-known institutional antipathy toward Trump, had chosen not to publish them or even make reference to them after efforts to substantiate their charges had failed.

BuzzFeed tells us that “the document was prepared for political opponents of Trump by a person who is understood to be a former British intelligence agent.” Indeed, the memos are designed to read as though they were cables sent from the field to the home office. And they should set off the bull detector of every rational person who reads them.

I’ve been a newspaper and magazine editor for 31 years, and like many in my profession, have had occasion over the course of four decades to work with people linked to intelligence agencies both domestic and foreign when they are retailing stories injurious to one or another politician or cause.

In my experience, there is no source of whom you need to be more skeptical, and whose information you need to verify to the letter before you can even begin to think of publishing it, than an “intelligence” source.

The telling indicator is that every factoid such a source produces is given equal weight with every other one. Chances are some percentage of those factoids is actual fact, but it could be 10 percent or it could be 90 or any number in between.

Since the person retailing the factoids has an agenda, as BuzzFeed acknowledges here, he has at the very least a bias toward believing every piece of anti-Trump detail he puts down on paper—and at worst a desire to throw every single rumor he can collect (or generate out of his own fevered imaginings) at the wall to see which ones might stick.

At a moment when journalists are up in arms about “fake news,” what BuzzFeed has done here is take fake news to a new level. Its editor, Ben Smith, acknowledges “there is serious reason to doubt the allegations.” In other words, there is almost certainly fake news inside these memos, and it might all be fake, or some parts of it might be true but buried so deeply under falsity that it would be impossible to separate it out.

“Publishing this dossier reflects how we see the job of reporters in 2017,” Smith writes. This is an amazing thing to say, because if you think it through, it means publishing open libels and slanders is the job of reporters in 2017.

“Fake news will become more sophisticated, and fake, ambiguous, and spun-up stories will spread widely,” warned an important American editor at the end of December 2016. His name: Ben Smith. His publication: BuzzFeed.

I didn’t make that up.
 4 months ago '15        #52
The South 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,191 | Props total: 9107 9107
 SkateboardT said:
bro I literally just buried this thread, come on...let it die.
Zombie a.ss thread ain't stay buried.
 4 months ago '16        #53
Sire 1 heat pts
space
space
 GingerNinjaHTX said:
@ - Here

Buzzfeed’s Trump report takes ‘fake news’ to a new level
By John Podhoretz January 10, 2017 | 10:56pm | Updated

So the website BuzzFeed decided to publish a series of memos that have been floating around for months alleging all kinds of terrible things about Donald Trump.

Some of those terrible allegations have to do with efforts to influence the American elections and Trump. Some of them have to do with Trump’s personal s3xual conduct.

Readers of this newspaper know well not to include me among Trump’s supporters. But the scurrilousness of what BuzzFeed has done here is so beyond the bounds of what is even remotely acceptable it should compel even those most outraged by Trump’s political excesses to come to his defense and to the defense of a few other people mentioned in these papers whose names are also dragged through the mud.

There is literally no evidence on offer in these memos or from BuzzFeed that any single sentence in these documents is factual or true. What’s more, we know most major news organizations in America had seen them and despite their well-known institutional antipathy toward Trump, had chosen not to publish them or even make reference to them after efforts to substantiate their charges had failed.

BuzzFeed tells us that “the document was prepared for political opponents of Trump by a person who is understood to be a former British intelligence agent.” Indeed, the memos are designed to read as though they were cables sent from the field to the home office. And they should set off the bull detector of every rational person who reads them.

I’ve been a newspaper and magazine editor for 31 years, and like many in my profession, have had occasion over the course of four decades to work with people linked to intelligence agencies both domestic and foreign when they are retailing stories injurious to one or another politician or cause.

In my experience, there is no source of whom you need to be more skeptical, and whose information you need to verify to the letter before you can even begin to think of publishing it, than an “intelligence” source.

The telling indicator is that every factoid such a source produces is given equal weight with every other one. Chances are some percentage of those factoids is actual fact, but it could be 10 percent or it could be 90 or any number in between.

Since the person retailing the factoids has an agenda, as BuzzFeed acknowledges here, he has at the very least a bias toward believing every piece of anti-Trump detail he puts down on paper—and at worst a desire to throw every single rumor he can collect (or generate out of his own fevered imaginings) at the wall to see which ones might stick.

At a moment when journalists are up in arms about “fake news,” what BuzzFeed has done here is take fake news to a new level. Its editor, Ben Smith, acknowledges “there is serious reason to doubt the allegations.” In other words, there is almost certainly fake news inside these memos, and it might all be fake, or some parts of it might be true but buried so deeply under falsity that it would be impossible to separate it out.

“Publishing this dossier reflects how we see the job of reporters in 2017,” Smith writes. This is an amazing thing to say, because if you think it through, it means publishing open libels and slanders is the job of reporters in 2017.

“Fake news will become more sophisticated, and fake, ambiguous, and spun-up stories will spread widely,” warned an important American editor at the end of December 2016. His name: Ben Smith. His publication: BuzzFeed.

I didn’t make that up.
ok you posted a piece from the "opinion" column of the nypost. dude just gave his take on the whole situation like the rest of us lol.
 4 months ago '13        #54
Dodgers 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,919 | Props total: 1834 1834
 Pow Revere said:

[pic - click to view]

Shenanigans rule the world.
 4 months ago '14        #55
space
space
 Sire said:
ok you posted a piece from the "opinion" column of the nypost. dude just gave his take on the whole situation like the rest of us lol.
Did you read it? Can you possibly be objective? Do you not see the bigger picture here?

And that guy is a 30+ year editor and journalist. His opinion holds some water on the matter. That was just one piece out of countless that are circulating now regarding the BuzzFeed report. I am not going to argue Trump may not have done some corrupt things but this report is patently absurd. If you really want to continue backing it of course that's your choice but I feel that you are totally missing the bigger picture.

By BuzzFeed publishing an absurd and fake report, they have now made it very easy for the Trump administration to dismiss any legitimate wrong doings as fake news citing this absurdity as precedent. It will now be that much harder for journalists to report on legitimate wrong doings of Trump and other politicians because of the way this just satirized the national media. If we can't believe our press, on either side of the aisle, then we cannot effectively hold our government accountable to us as citizens. Please see the bigger picture.

"...a free press is a foundation for any democracy. We rely on journalists to explain and describe the actions of our government. If the government controls the journalists, then it's very difficult for citizens to hold that government accountable." --Barack Obama
 4 months ago '04        #56
rasheedwallace 47 heat pts47
space
space
$23,550 | Props total: 8496 8496
the era of incompetence is over, folks...

9 days till greatness.

R Dot slapped this ish

4 months ago '15        #57
redcodeinesyrup 3 heat pts
space
space
$750 | Props total: 1187 1187
anyone with sense would know that sh*t was bs
 4 months ago '14        #58
Swade009 48 heat pts48
space
space
space
 strat said:
It's not an intelligence report, it's not made by the CIA or FBI. It's someone's notes. It probably shouldn't have been published. However the CIA was able to verify or corroborate a 2 page version of it to put in the classified brief to Potus and peotus. Carl Bernstein won't fu*k up his reputation with bullsh*t, he brings down Presidents.
The actual CIA report that was published had no evidence in it and just a lot of speculation.
 4 months ago '05        #59
drama_kiNg 62 heat pts62
space
space
$14,234 | Props total: 615 615
Y'all need to get over it. Let him work
rasheedwallace gave props

4 months ago '04        #60
rasheedwallace 47 heat pts47
space
space
$23,550 | Props total: 8496 8496

[video - click to view]

123456 and 3 others gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chick from the playboi carti song cover...19 years old
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 10 Life Hacks That Will Change Your Adult Life
68 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Damn Kylie
58 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Treach Apologizes To Wack100 And Ends His Beef (Real Shyt or Bullshyt?)
14 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Note 8 Dummy Suggests In-Display Fingerprint Scanner And A Dual Camera Setup
22 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Nicki Minaj Confirms Nas Is Banging Her Out
247 comments
2 days ago