2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class to get most advanced autonomous tech

most viewed right now
NBA JJ Redick ready to throw in the bag for a trade
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden member flies 6000 miles from Barcelona to Las Vegas to meet a gi..
183 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL This fool done pulled a Carlos Boozer. Deaddddd!
14 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Meet the Guy Who Cardi B Left Offset for Soon as He Was Released From P..
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 months ago '06        #1
1307 pageviews
10 comments

thekidd 48 heat pts48
space
space
space
$1,191 | Props total: 910 910
2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class to get most advanced autonomous tech

imageimage

The Mercedes-Benz S-Class facelift will feature the most advanced driverless systems put into production yet, according to the manufacturer's research and development boss Ola Kallenius.

Mercedes's flagship saloon is facing increasing competition from the likes of the BMW 7 Series, Audi A8 and Jaguar XJ, so the brand is going all out with its mid-life update, which is due to arrive this June. Kallenius told Autocar at the Detroit motor show that the facelift will feature "the first intelligent integration of sensor and map data" on a production model.

The advanced system will enable the new S-Class to do things like detect a corner and judge whether the carís speed is too high. If it is, it will "decelerate, negotiate the bend safely and then resume its original speed. And while the existing system will steer itself along 80% of Germanyís autobahns and a small number of highways, the new system will be effective on almost all autobahns and 80% of highways", explained Kallenius.

"If you use the indicators approaching a 90-degree turn, it will drop your speed until you can make the turn." Kallenius said the technology must foresee all potential outcomes; "You donít want to be going around a blind bend, discovering the white lines have disappeared and being a metre out at the exitÖ".

Finally, Kallenius revealed that if the driver takes his or her hands off the wheel for longer than is allowed and all warnings fail, it will "bring the car to a safe stop, switch on the hazard lights, unlock the doors and call the emergency services".

Design changes

Exterior changes for the updated S-Class will be minor. Spy shots show some light camouflaging around the new front and rear bumpers, and slight adjustments to the tail-light design. Earlier prototypes have also shown new LED headlight cluster designs.

More complex changes are expected for the interior. The S-Class's digital instrument cluster was one of its hallmark features when the car was launched, but rivals have been quick to adopt the technology in their premium models.

For this facelifted model, Mercedes appears to be producing a wider, frameless dual-screen set-up, which will allow for a larger screen area. The new system will run the latest version of Mercedes' Comand infotainment software and it continues to be operated via a touch-sensitive controller on the centre console, although Mercedes is also known to be experimenting with gesture control.

Also new on this prototype is a thicker three-spoke steering wheel that will replace the current two-spoke design.

Engines from the current S-Class are likely to be carried over in their entirety, but they could come with minor improvements to fuel economy and CO2 emissions. A new 48V mild hybrid system is due to be rolled out as part of a wider plan to add more electrically a.ssisted models.

Mercedes-AMG S 63

A facelifted Mercedes-AMG S 63 development car has also been spotted testing at the NŁrburgring ahead of a planned launch in the middle of the year.

Exterior revisions to the AMG-tuned S-Class remain subtle. Camouflage on the front bumper indicates that this is where the majority of the S 63-specific styling revisions will be made. Most of the facelift's more general changes Ė including new headlight clusters Ė have already been seen on standard S-Class test cars.

As with its soon-to-be-facelifted Mercedes-AMG S 63 Coupť sibling, power is set to increase from its current 577bhp, although insiders won't specify by how much.

visit this link http://www.autocar.co.uk/ .. utonomous-tech
SubConscious and 4 others gave props

10 comments for "2017 Mercedes-Benz S-Class to get most advanced autonomous tech"

9 months ago '04        #2
SubConscious 47 heat pts47
space
space
$17,072 | Props total: 63784 63784

[pic - click to view]

M2CEO and 2 others gave props

9 months ago '14        #3
FukHowYouFeel 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,226 | Props total: 9056 9056
 Johnjohn55555 said:
Why it gotta cost as much as a house though
I know, dawg. I loved my AMG, but just couldn't justify that payment anymore.

Benzes ruin all other cars for you and they're always at the forefront of tech with how much they throw at R&D.

One day though...I'll come back for that S-Class coupe.

Last edited by FukHowYouFeel; 01-11-2017 at 02:50 PM..
ScaledAt10 and 7 others gave props

9 months ago '04        #4
JayR04 111 heat pts111
space
space
$10,830 | Props total: 5414 5414
I'd turn all that ish off as soon as I get in.
DeadPresident gave props

9 months ago '13        #5
Chief Sosa 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,815 | Props total: 975 975
Already got the 17 s65. It's clean
largon and 1 others gave props

9 months ago '15        #6
largon 
space
space
space
$426 | Props total: 360 360
I love Benz and all but if you're gonna charge so much for the 2018 model at least offer a different design not just a facelift and all the extra tech..
 9 months ago '04        #7
JayR04 111 heat pts111
space
space
$10,830 | Props total: 5414 5414
 largon said:
I love Benz and all but if you're gonna charge so much for the 2018 model at least offer a different design not just a facelift and all the extra tech..
Redesign is usually every 6-7 years. This generation is only 3 or 4 years old.
majestykagiso gave props

9 months ago '13        #8
3nl1ght3ned 10 heat pts10
space
space
$11,818 | Props total: 2108 2108
might have to upgrade from my Audi A8 L, not a huge fan of the tech .
Aries and 1 others slapped this ish

8 months ago '07        #9
Dareupgang 
space
space
$629 | Props total: 54 54
I love the depreciation, would never buy brand new Benz, either lease or buy used. Carmax or after market warranty has made it less scary to own 2nd hand Benz.
SPLEEK gave props

8 months ago '11        #10
Dray 1162 heat pts1162
space
space
$58,466 | Props total: 22581 22581
driving a s class is like driving a cloud real talk
ScaledAt10 and 1 others gave props

8 months ago '15        #11
Wavycrocket33 
space
space
space
$12 | Props total: 37 37
 3nl1ght3ned said:
might have to upgrade from my Audi A8 L, not a huge fan of the tech .
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Video Girl Detectives
17 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Details Of Nicki Minajís Brotherís Child Rape Case Emerge
89 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
To Simp On A P0rnstar II
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
which countries use the most cocaine
88 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Damon Waynes is one of the Illest in Hollywood🎬🎬🎬
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside hov told biggie to respond to hit em up
262 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Atlanta Rapper NoPlug Arrested on Drug Trafficking & Gang Charges?
63 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Lil B JUMPED by A Boogie & PNB Rock Crew at Rolling Loud says they stol..
363 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy