50 Cent’s “Street King Immortal” Album Pushed Back Again

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
150 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
125 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
90 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #61
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,077 | Props total: 8847 8847
In 2012 Nas LIG did similar numbers TO BISD There is no way 50 Cent new album will sell more than LIG, NOW it's possible because of the push back, means more sellout singles

Like an NFL coaching staff making in-game adjustments on the fly, Interscope's Jimmy Iovine and Steve Berman did some last-minute maneuvering around the release of 50 Cent's Before I Self Destruct following worldwide Internet leaks weeks prior to the original street date. In rapid succession, they pushed forward the physical release date from Nov. 23 to Nov. 17 -- the soonest the CD could be manufactured and shipped -- while also working out a one-week exclusive with iTunes for the digital album, to take effect Nov. 10. In return, iTunes agreed to go against its standard policy and "locked" the album, with only the single available a la carte, selling 46k album downloads during the exclusive window. Additionally, the compilers of the charts agreed to include the initial iTunes sales in the total for first week of general release, which is now looking in the 140-150k range
 The Infamous1 said:
50 would k!ll to do 150,000 the first week in 2013

If 50 album Come out on Feb 26th, he would done the same numbers as Game Jesus Piece 88k first week, nah I'm being too nice

Last edited by Ash10; 01-18-2013 at 11:17 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #62
GoAirplane 
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 13 13
Ehhh... qac rap don't sell like it used to.

5 years ago '10        #63
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,278 | Props total: 23784 23784
 EL CHAPO said:
take your time huge shaft 50 we'll wait. you have blessed us so much we cant even complain

#SK
#VITAMINWATER
#SMSAUDIO
what are you 13?

this bi*ch better give me candy to my ears or hes nothing to history
 5 years ago '09        #64
59fifty 
space
space
$22,664 | Props total: 10134 10134
Not da scurl Fif ......
 5 years ago '06        #65
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,752 | Props total: 3689 3689
mr irrelevant ... almost 10 years in... but nothing like jay n nas @ 10 years in... longevity is not suited for one dimensional rappers
 5 years ago '10        #66
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,407 | Props total: 2354 2354
 sunsetnVine said:
mr irrelevant ... almost 10 years in... but nothing like jay n nas @ 10 years in... longevity is not suited for one dimensional rappers
 5 years ago '12        #67
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
Whats funny to me is how every1 is so sure hes gon flop, the otha funny thing is how Fif fell off according US standards but find success everywhr outside US... Makes u wonder
 5 years ago '06        #68
esvi 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 828 828
I've been thinking about all this...
and I've decided I don't give a sh*t
I just want the album to be really good
and that it eventually comes out

fu*k sales, it's a fu*kin boring conversartion
you all sound like my little sister, damn all she is asking me when we talk about artists and music
her first question is
"did he sell well?"
I mean my first question would be "is the album good?"

nah the album aint even out and you guys are talking about sales
we should worry about if he gon deliver at this point

and I know 50 was the one braggin about sales in the first place
that doesn't mean we have to be equally stupid on the matter
 01-19-2013, 05:29 AM         #69
Mwana Ya Lola 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunsetnVine said:
 5 years ago '07        #70
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,340 | Props total: 2051 2051
this is real?
 5 years ago '12        #71
BIGMARS 49 heat pts49
space
space
$9,511 | Props total: 3151 3151
 Pleasure Boy said:
Whats funny to me is how every1 is so sure hes gon flop, the otha funny thing is how Fif fell off according US standards but find success everywhr outside US... Makes u wonder
Don't make me wonder. I'm from the US. No one cares how he does anywhere else, he ain't poppin here

If it didn't bother him, he would move to the UK or Canada or some shyt and be a superstar there.
 5 years ago '06        #72
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,752 | Props total: 3689 3689
 Im Soo Special said:
its not bout sales or big record

sms audio is causing issues tween him and dre/jimmy iovine

thats what major distribution video not backed by interscope
your waaaaay off.... interscope is not putting any more money in 50. Vivendi shareholders aint having it. Has nothing to do with Iovine or Dre (who is borderline instant flop status with detox)

Interscope is trying to avoid getting merged .... and staying semi profitable.

The new idea was the get rich quick while raping your artist with a 360 deal. With this plan... A&Rs scour social media for the next big thing.. and give them a fu*ked up one shot deal contract. If it pops.. Yea!!! we make profit.. if it doesn't no biggie as they aren't investing big budgets on artist. And they get dropped, shelved for moved to a launchpad label/imprint.

Examples: Cheif queef, Iggy azaelia, azaliea banks and any other universal signed artist that got hot off of utubes.

On the flip side.. artist with signed contracts are rebranded, renamed and rereleased or put in a boot camp label until they get a good buzz.

For example...
Cherrytree Records is an American record label. It was an imprint of Interscope Records until June 30, 2012.[1] Cherrytree Records is now a venture label of Interscope Records with no change to the roster.

Former artist : Lady Gaggerz
Current arist : ellie goulding, lmfao

This label was set as a launchpad and retooling lable for artist who didn't pop but can't be dropped.

anyways.. my long winded as didn't read post

tldr: 50 cent means nothing to shareholders... hence no push of any kind. He' s got enough money to take a financial risk himself.. the scope knows this..

He needs to take his money and go live his life... like nelly did.
 5 years ago '11        #73
Xyrax 
space
space
$2,396 | Props total: 2455 2455
Remember when 50 used to be the n*gga threatening to get lesser artists albums pushed back

50 Threatens to Push Back Game's Album

[pic - click to view]

Remember when 50 used to stunt hard on them Koch/Geffen artists and sh*t

Now this n*gga done fell off to the point that Interscope steady pushing back this n*gga releases.
 5 years ago '12        #74
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,076 | Props total: 11278 11278

[video - click to view]

And that SMS is why you get this. Ross x Dre Two Kings
 5 years ago '09        #75
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,300 | Props total: 7949 7949
i remember when 50 was "mr interscope" now iovine treating 50 like a bi*ch

50 made his money so he good but he'll never be remembered for anything other then get rich or die trying...musically anyways, glad he is a businessman and can do other ventures
 5 years ago '12        #76
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,076 | Props total: 11278 11278
 Jacc Blacc said:
i remember when 50 was "mr interscope" now iovine treating 50 like a bi*ch

50 made his money so he good but he'll never be remembered for anything other then get rich or die trying...musically anyways, glad he is a businessman and can do other ventures
I read an article today, saying that Chris Lighty was the mastermind behind 50's money.

He is the one who set up the Glaceau/Vitamin Water/50 cent thing.

In May, 2004, rapper 50 Cent is estimated to have bagged $100 million - after taxes - after soft drinks giant Coca Cola announced it would pay $4.1 billion to buy Vitamin Water, the bottled water company in which the “Get rich or die trying” rapper owned a stake.

Complex magazine credit the late Chris Lighty for the deal. “Not only did Lighty hook 50 up with Glacéau, but he was also the one who insisted on getting stock in the company,” reported Complex.

The Washington Post broke down how the deal was hammered.

“One of Lighty’s business acquaintances was Rohan Oza, a marketing executive who had just moved from Coca-Cola to Glaceau. He needed more than brand messiahs to convert individuals. He needed brand ambassadors to influence millions. That’s when Oza saw a commercial for Reebok sneakers in which Lighty, rather sneakily, had his artiste chug a bottle of Vitamin water,” reported the Post.

But Lighty didn’t want an endorsement deal. He didn’t want cash. “We want to invest,” Lighty said. “50 Cent would take a stake in the privately owned company, one that would graduate over time and escalate if the company hit certain numbers.”
 5 years ago '10        #77
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
 44wade said:
I read an article today, saying that Chris Lighty was the mastermind behind 50's money.

He is the one who set up the Glaceau/Vitamin Water/50 cent thing.

In May, 2004, rapper 50 Cent is estimated to have bagged $100 million - after taxes - after soft drinks giant Coca Cola announced it would pay $4.1 billion to buy Vitamin Water, the bottled water company in which the “Get rich or die trying” rapper owned a stake.

Complex magazine credit the late Chris Lighty for the deal. “Not only did Lighty hook 50 up with Glacéau, but he was also the one who insisted on getting stock in the company,” reported Complex.

The Washington Post broke down how the deal was hammered.

“One of Lighty’s business acquaintances was Rohan Oza, a marketing executive who had just moved from Coca-Cola to Glaceau. He needed more than brand messiahs to convert individuals. He needed brand ambassadors to influence millions. That’s when Oza saw a commercial for Reebok sneakers in which Lighty, rather sneakily, had his artiste chug a bottle of Vitamin water,” reported the Post.

But Lighty didn’t want an endorsement deal. He didn’t want cash. “We want to invest,” Lighty said. “50 Cent would take a stake in the privately owned company, one that would graduate over time and escalate if the company hit certain numbers.”
Everybody knows chris lighty was involved in that deal though.
50 has done plenty of stuff outside of it.
 5 years ago '09        #78
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,077 | Props total: 8847 8847
 esvi said:
I've been thinking about all this...
and I've decided I don't give a sh*t
I just want the album to be really good
and that it eventually comes out

fu*k sales, it's a fu*kin boring conversartion
you all sound like my little sister, damn all she is asking me when we talk about artists and music
her first question is
"did he sell well?"
I mean my first question would be "is the album good?"

nah the album aint even out and you guys are talking about sales
we should worry about if he gon deliver at this point

and I know 50 was the one braggin about sales in the first place
that doesn't mean we have to be equally stupid on the matter

Nope 50 fu*ked up being big headed, don't play that Game, Karma is bi*ch, n*gga should kept he's head down making quality music NOT having interviews every week 50 should have aimed to make timeless music, but no big ego fool choose to keep stunting, and sh*tting on Vets in the game, 50 could have bring back NY TO THE TOP, but instead he decided to burn bridges

thanks to 50 cent, there's album sales thread every fu*king week

Last edited by Ash10; 01-19-2013 at 07:07 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #79
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,949 | Props total: 13571 13571
Any 50 cent fans tune into the Howard stern show he is coming in next
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
21 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
71 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy