Brandon Roy was named Naismith National High School Coach of the Year

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jun 26 - Women Absorb And Retain DNA From Every Man They Have Sex With
77 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Oh my Damn she Stupid Thick
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
OT Lamelo still think this sh-t is the attitude era
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Unedited version of Everyday Struggle/Migos interview
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 months ago '15        #1
128 pageviews
3 comments

313soulja 1166 heat pts1166
space
space
$3,719 | Props total: 16346 16346
Brandon Roy was named Naismith National High School Coach of the Year

[tweet - click to view]

Former NBA player Brandon Roy has been named the Naismith National High School High School Coach of the Year, the Atlanta Tipoff Club announced Monday.

Roy coached Seattle's Nathan Hale High School to a 29-0 record this season, culminating in a Washington 3A state championship victory. Nathan Hale High School star forward Michael Porter Jr., was named player of the year.

The school hired Roy in June 2016 after the program only won three games the previous year.

For the second consecutive year and just the third time ever, a player and coach from the same school won both awards. Last year, current UCLA star Lonzo Ball and Chino Hills High School coach Steve Baik were both honored.

“Michael was the leader of a talented team which worked hard and never lost sight of their end goal—a perfect season and winning a state title,” said Eric Oberman, executive director of the Atlanta Tipoff Club. “Coach Roy was the steady guidance who motivated this team to improve every single game and ultimately they both were rewarded by winning Naismith awards.”

Roy, who grew up in Seattle, starred as a guard at the University of Washington before the Timberwolves picked him with the sixth pick of the 2006 NBA draft. He was immediately dealt to Portland, where he played the first five years of his career. He retired in 2011 due to lingering knee problems, though he came out of retirement to play one season with the Timberwolves in 2012-13.

Roy, a three-time NBA All-Star, averaged 18.8 points, 4.7 a.ssists and 4.3 rebounds over six seasons in the NBA.
YOURKINGB4EVER gave props

3 comments for "Brandon Roy was named Naismith National High School Coach of the Year"

3 months ago '09        #2
whodatb1 292 heat pts292
space
space
space
$18,399 | Props total: 6878 6878
Shoulda went to Penny... Who has less talent and took over for his homie who died....
 3 months ago '14        #3
Daptism 18 heat pts18
space
space
$5,508 | Props total: 12050 12050
Respect
 3 months ago '05        #4
Clutch City Kid 125 heat pts125
space
space
$22,741 | Props total: 20496 20496
well deserved... took a team that literally nobody knew about and closed out the season with the #1 ranking... congrats to B Roy... hopefully he'll be a Husky a.ssistant soon
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 Cent takes a picture with the guy who murdered Notorious B.I.G!
85 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is this the luckiest guy ever
104 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
10 "women" charged with prostitution in Newark
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Boosie Reacts to Tupac Movie "I Love Pac But; Them N*ggas Aint Close 2 Me. Him..
226 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jun 25 - BREAKING: Anonymous Hackers Claim NASA On Verge Of Announcing ..
165 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside When Bhris Brown Violates The Restraining Order I Won't Blame Him
103 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside French pulling disney pop stars now ; Demi Lovato (I'd Shoot Up Her Mi..
63 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Still the GOAT photo ever taken
125 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy