A powerful statement on Thanos.

most viewed right now
99 comments @misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '18        #1
2040 page views
59 comments

Doc Da Great 327 heat pts327
space
space
$5,217 | Props total: 21148 21148
A powerful statement on Thanos.

It’s rare, that a villain ever succeeds. It’s rare when the hero’s efforts fall short in comparison to the power of the villain and it’s even rarer that when that villain wins. It instills a strange sense of calm.

The ending of the film is what cements Thanos as a transcendent villain in not just the superhero genre but in all of cinema, throughout the entire film the audience has gone through a turbulent span of emotions toward Thanos. We’ve hated him, slowly grown to understand him. Perhaps even sympathizewith him, and the film circles around those repeatedly and when he finally snaps his fingers and decimates half of all life in the universe.

There is no nuclear bomb that claims the life of the innocent.

The deed is done and there is nothing the hero’s can do to stop it, well at least in the remaining four minutes of run time. While our beloved hero’s are paralyzed with fear and confusion upon seeing their friends vanish from the universe. Our attention, er at least mine.

Wasn’t focused on that.

It remained where it was for the entirety of the film. On Thanos.

As the film came to a close, seeing Thanos look upon the picturesque sunrise on a distant planet as he foretold earlier to doctor strange was an oddly and unsettling experience.

For one,

The obvious realization surfaces that Thanos has to die for what he’s done and yet....

We remember the respect that he’s shown to those who fought valienty against him.

We remember that he sacrificed his own disciples to carry out his goal and they’re perfectly willing to do so.

We remember that he has lost his daughter, the only thing he’s ever loved.

And we remember that’s hes finally been vindicated for the loss of his home world by carrying out his plan

His destiny...

All this and more is put into the minds of the viewer with a subtle gesture...

+26   

59 comments for "A powerful statement on Thanos."

2 weeks ago '18        #2
Doc Da Great 327 heat pts327 OP
space
space

[video - click to view]

5. Thanos wins. Timestamp - 16:01
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #3
DaOmega_1 295 heat pts295
space
space
$15,166 | Props total: 8266 8266
It’s rare, that a villain ever succeeds.

......If all you watch are Marvel movies.
+19   

2 weeks ago '05        #4
DaOmega_1 295 heat pts295
space
space
$15,166 | Props total: 8266 8266
I think Thanos is an excellent character. But, calm down.
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #5
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said
It’s rare, that a villain ever succeeds.

......If all you watch are Marvel movies.
Counterpoint: RECENTLY.....Outside of Game of Thrones....most villains take Ls. Don't you act funny style now n*gga.

Name a movie off the dome right now where the villian won, not that that was his point. He's clearly talking about now. In today's cinema culture.

[pic - click to view]

but come on. Don't do that.
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #6
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said
I think Thanos is an excellent character. But, calm down.
Nah, I'm reading the book on Thanos his character was so good.

THE BOOK n*gga.

(HAD THAT sh*t ON
[pic - click to view]

FOR MONTHS)

[pic - click to view]

I'm on chapter V, yo his dad is kinda yeesh yo. Their relationship complicated as hell.

His moms all fu*ked up too. (as in she's sick and in a ward and everything)

He just scooped up a shorty in chapter IV.
+4   

2 weeks ago '13        #7
Phenom354 
space
space
$10,715 | Props total: 9538 9538
Who else you know that threw a moon at someone I'm the middle of a f*ght???

+13   

2 weeks ago '16        #8
BathWaterMelody 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,178 | Props total: 26383 26383
 Doc Da Great said
Counterpoint: RECENTLY.....Outside of Game of Thrones....most villains take Ls. Don't you act funny style now n*gga.

Name a movie off the dome right now where the villian won, not that that was his point. He's clearly talking about now. In today's cinema culture.

[pic - click to view]

k*ll Bill
The Matrix
Star Wars: Rogue One

2 weeks ago '18        #9
space
space
 BathWaterMelody said
Kill Bill
The Matrix
Star Wars: Rogue One

.....The bride never lost fam ? She got locked inna box and broke out in the next movie, Vis-a-vis retroactively undoing whatever L that took place.

The Matrix, Pretty sure that n*gga came back from the dead.

and they achieved their mission in rogue one, they knew it was a suicide mission.

sooooooooooooooooooooo You know ? Like ?
[pic - click to view]

Again ? The n*gga RARE, not EVER.
+6   

2 weeks ago '16        #10
BathWaterMelody 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,178 | Props total: 26383 26383
 Doc Da Great said
.....The bride never lost fam ? She got locked inna box and broke out in the next movie, Vis-a-vis retroactively undoing whatever L that took place.

and they achieved their mission in rogue one, they knew it was a suicide mission.

[pic - click to view]

1.) Beatrix Kiddo the Bride was a villain.
yea she's the protagonist but if you read between the lines of the plot, Bill shot her because she ran off with his child and got married to some other n*gga.
Bill was a BX member, I would've shot that bish too.

2.) The matrix was never thwarted. The end of the 3rd movie was a compromise with Neo's sacrifice, Agent Smith's erasing & the Matrix rebooting but human enslavement never really ended. The choice is there, but the option still remained.

3.) That's subjective. The empire got the final blow. Substitute Rogue One for Revenge of the Sith.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #11
space
space
 BathWaterMelody said
yea she's the protagonist but if you read between the lines of the plot, Bill shot her because she ran off with his child and got married to some other n*gga.

2.) The matrix was never thwarted. The end of the 3rd movie was a compromise with Neo's sacrifice, Agent Smith's erasing & the Matrix rebooting but human enslavement never really ended. The choice is there, but the option still remained.

3.) That's subjective. The empire got the final blow. Substitute Rogue One for Revenge of the Sith.
I need a sandwich....I need a sandwich.

I don't have the energy for this kinda bullsh*t right here.

n*gga just subs #3 cause it's wrong. Lol.
+3   

2 weeks ago '07        #12
purecyse 1 heat pts
space
space
$596 | Props total: 635 635
 BathWaterMelody said

My first reaction was to refute all of these points but, after a bit of reflection, I have to reassess the way I watch movies.

Thanos was the hero of 'Infinity Wars' to me. Thanos was the noble man overcoming all odds, sacrificing everything he had built and come to love, in order to do what he felt was right for the universe, itself.

I came in with a huge affinity for the character so to see him cast in such a light was so big for me that I've been thinking my bias was completely destroying my logic.

1) If you feel the Bride was the villain, I cannot really dispute that. As former a*sassins, I would lean on there not being a single "hero" in that movie.

2) In the Matrix, I'd have to lean on humanity dang near being at war with themselves rather than being the "heroes". They built the robots and, in desperation, they used nuclear weapons to try to win the war with their own creations. The robots, doing what they can to survive, tried several different versions of the Matrix...but the humans of that world keep being humans.

3) Fcuk Star Wars.
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #13
ototo7 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,192 | Props total: 3400 3400
 Doc Da Great said

[pic - click to view]

Unusual suspects

No country for old men

sh*t even “Us”
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #14
space
space
 ototo7 said
Unusual suspects

No country for old men

sh*t even “Us”
As I said.....RECENTLY....

and as homie said.

RARE.

Not ever. Guys come on, Also in US, the main character is the hero of the story. NAhahana, don't even gimme that sh*t.

He fam was threatened. Her fam had nothing to do with her actions. Stop. Cause I feel like you gone tell me shes not. Lol. Nononooo dont.

Dont Lol.
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #15
ototo7 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 Doc Da Great said
As I said.....RECENTLY....

and as homie said.

RARE.

Not ever. Guys come on, Also in US, the main character is the hero of the story. NAhahana, don't even gimme that sh*t.

He fam was threatened. Her fam had nothing to do with her actions. Stop. Cause I feel like you gone tell me shes not. Lol. Nononooo dont.

Dont Lol.
Lmao in “Us” that was the whole premise of the plot twist. That we’ve been rooting for the wrong Adelaide
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #16
space
space
 ototo7 said
Lmao in “Us” that was the whole premise of the plot twist. That we’ve been rooting for the wrong Adelaide
What makes her the "wrong" adelaide Hmm ?

Ain't think about that. Maybe I was rooting for her, maybe other people found out bout the plot twist and said, oh well fu*k you bi*ch.

+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #17
ototo7 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 Doc Da Great said
What makes her the "wrong" adelaide Hmm ?

Ain't think about that. Maybe I was rooting for her, maybe other people found out bout the plot twist and said, oh well fu*k you bi*ch.

If she wasn’t the wrong Adelaide then why even include that part in the movie where she switches places... Jordan peele wanted to mind fu*k us and make us think we’ve been on the wrong side the whole time while still leaving it open to interpretation. It is what it is tho
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #18
Cesus Jhist 
space
space
$622 | Props total: 376 376
 Doc Da Great said

[pic - click to view]

Se7en
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #19
space
space
 Cesus Jhist said
Se7en
Technically, him dying was him winning soooooo ehhhhh I don’t know about that

He turned himself in right ?

Got arrested and died. The only way to “win” was for him to go to jail, but dude is dead. So he won figuratively, not literally.

Also again, not recent. Not ever. Guys. Didn’t say ever, no need to quote me about every villain ever.

The point was it doesn’t happen often and so clear cut.

Seven Issa tossup. Cause dude is a serial k*ller, he died for a sin. So technically he punished himself for commiting the sin of jealousy.

He wanted to die, his point was to die. He doesn’t really win anything.

Last edited by Doc Da Great; 04-12-2019 at 02:30 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #20
Gully Reloaded 
space
space
$1,402 | Props total: 2595 2595
 BathWaterMelody said

This ain't it.

You can try to dissect it and twist the narrative if you'd like but ultimately those three movies are classic examples of the protaganist winning. They don't have to be classical good guy heroes (Kill Bill) or achieve total victory (Matrix) or even survive (Rogue One). But it's CLEAR that those movies are classic examples of the heroes succeeding.

You arguing juat for the sake of it and reaching hard as fu*k.
+4   

2 weeks ago '05        #21
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,849 | Props total: 4962 4962
movie is nothing compared to the comics
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #22
Good Guy Ry 24 heat pts24
space
space
space
$12,857 | Props total: 31358 31358
 Gully Reloaded said
This ain't it.

You can try to dissect it and twist the narrative if you'd like but ultimately those three movies are classic examples of the protaganist winning. They don't have to be classical good guy heroes (Kill Bill) or achieve total victory (Matrix) or even survive (Rogue One). But it's CLEAR that those movies are classic examples of the heroes succeeding.

You arguing juat for the sake of it and reaching hard as fu*k.
Dark Knight and Watchmen are 2 comic books ones.

Ex Machina.

Shutter Island.

Gone Girl.

There's others like f*ght Club, Nightmare on Elm Street, Silence of The Lambs, The Usual Suspects but OP claimed some recently and I don't know what 'recently' is to him so I'll keep it around the last 10ish years.

And OP's the one arguing just to argue. He clearly made it seem like Villians never win and Thanos is some exception to the rule. Then in the next post he moves the goalposts to 'recently' then afterwards he tries to dissect every movie where the Villian clearly wins.

Last edited by Good Guy Ry; 04-12-2019 at 04:15 PM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #23
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,877 | Props total: 570 570
 BathWaterMelody said

kind of agree with one but they tried to escape her past life and live a new one and a better one for her daugther she didn't want her to be in that world.

the matrix is restarted thanks to Neo but the little girl with the oracle is supposed to be the one pulling the strings in the matrix now.

[video - click to view]

start at 7:51

the bad guys did not win in rouge one the objective was to get the plans for the death star and they succeed in getting them even though they died in the process but the plans help them to destroy the death star in the later movies.
+3   

2 weeks ago '15        #24
space
space
space
 Doc Da Great said

[pic - click to view]

If you're using the excuse she 'got out the next movie' then your Thanos logic fails cause he's about to lose in less than a month.

2 weeks ago '15        #25
space
space
space
 dog4life said
kind of agree with one but they tried to escape her past life and live a new one and a better one for her daugther she didn't want her to be in that world.

the matrix is restarted thanks to Neo but the little girl with the oracle is supposed to be the one pulling the strings in the matrix now.

start at 7:51

the bad guys did not win in rouge one the objective was to get the plans for the death star and they succeed in getting them even though they died in the process but the plans help them to destroy the death star in the later movies.
Again, using later movies to prove the bad guys didn't win k*lls this Thanos argument.

Home      

most viewed right now
+71online now  36
Bow Wow Ex-GF Kiyomi Leslie is doing Only Fans Twerk Sessions For Money
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+33online now  23
Video inside Computer Repair Technician Explains Why The New iMac Is A 'Complete And..
77 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+40online now  14
Image(s) inside Apr 22 - Warren's Student Debt plan: cancel $50k in debt for household..
259 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+199online now  10
Image(s) inside A list of The Books Nipsey Hussle Was Reading
320 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy