PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one fukking with the ITALIAN MAFIOSO "Gomorrah"

most viewed right now
+18  99
106 comments @misc
most viewed right now
-71  55
49 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '16        #1
3291 page views
85 comments

AMG2M4 82 heat pts82
space
space
$6,095 | Props total: 10235 10235
PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one fukking with the ITALIAN MAFIOSO "Gomorrah"

Been fukking with this show HEAVY for the past two years..This sh*t is as good as The Wire, except it's much more gritty. I like it more. image

It's an international series, but you can find episodes with English voice-overs. HEAVILY RECOMMENDED!

This sh*t was supposed to come to USA, but Harvey Weinstein got caught up in legal trouble and the studios are f*ghting over the rights to it now to syndicate it in the States. The show is available on Netflix I think and SundanceTV, and while you there also check out "Suburra".

The first episode of the new season, Season 4, came out on March 29.

Team Ciro image

Last edited by AMG2M4; 04-12-2019 at 12:33 AM..
+18   

85 comments for "PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one fukking with the ITALIAN MAFIOSO "Gomorrah""

2 weeks ago '17        #2
TrillestTalk404 34 heat pts34
space
space
$4,498 | Props total: 19305 19305
Saying it's better than The Wire makes me think your trolling or that you work on the show...
+18   

2 weeks ago '16        #3
AMG2M4 82 heat pts82 OP
space
space
 TrillestTalk404 said
Saying it's better than The Wire makes me think your trolling or that you work on the show...
I'm not gonna get into an argument over this. Just check it out fam. sh*t is legit. Thank me later.
+4   

2 weeks ago '16        #4
AMG2M4 82 heat pts82 OP
space
space
Review: The Mafia in ‘Gomorrah,’ Reminiscent of ‘The Wire’ and ‘The Sopranos’

[pic - click to view]

A pair of Mafia lieutenants, filling a jerry can at a Naples gas station, pass the time discussing the foibles of modern youth. “She put a picture of me and her mom on ‘book,’” the older one says. “Facebook,” his younger colleague tells him. “All the kids have it.” Gangsters — they’re just like us!

That’s the opening scene of “Gomorrah,” the highly popular Italian television series that makes its American debut on SundanceTV on Wednesday. Based on a 2007 nonfiction investigative work by Roberto Saviano that has also been adapted into a well-known film, the series arrives with a deserved reputation for unrelenting violence — the gas in that can is quickly put to use in a vivid and unpleasant way.

But brutality isn’t the whole story. “Gomorrah” operates on two planes. It’s a grim, detailed, quotidian drama about the inner workings of organized crime (which has drawn comparisons to “The Wire”) and at the same time it’s a traditional Mafia saga, a clan melodrama centering on succession and the ups and downs of the family business (which has drawn comparisons to “The Sopranos” and “The Godfather”). Either of these by itself might not be very interesting, but the combination is handled so adroitly that the show sucks you in. It doesn’t have the emotional or stylistic highs of those predecessors, but it carries you along like one of the sleek Italian motorcycles preferred by its wealthier characters.

The 12-episode first season (a second has already been shown in Europe) centers on two members of a drug gang in the Naples suburbs who are like a foster-family version of Sonny and Michael Corleone. Gennaro (Salvatore Esposito) is a Sonny-like hothead, unfit to be in charge but eventually thrust into the role because he’s the only son of the boss. Ciro (Marco D’Amore, whose quiet charisma holds your attention) is a coldly efficient k*ller and canny strategist — he’s the Michael, but because he’s not in the family, he has to work with Gennaro, or appear to.

The relationship of these two up-and-comers, playing out amid a large cast of other familiar Mafia-drama types (the ruthless but declining boss, the calculating mother, the good soldier, the aggrieved wife), proceeds through an arc of increasingly operatic violence, as rival clans f*ght for turf and one massacre begets another. The story line is dark, and so is the screen. Under the guidance of the showrunner, Stefano Sollima, the show makes a fetish of low light and shadow. Its most characteristic scenes are not chases and shootouts but small groups of nervous or celebratory men meeting in the dark. They gather on street corners, in crowded discos and in abandoned buildings that serve as drug markets, their faces obscured or invisible. Even during the day, they’re in curtained rooms or prison cells.

The cinematography and lighting fit with the show’s overall sense of desolation, a depiction of the Neapolitan environment as rubble-filled, overgrown and derelict. (Scenes set in Milan offer a pointed comparison to the less prosperous south.) Much of the action is set in faceless, towering apartment blocks that recall the settings of Italian neorealist films, though touches of lyricism creep in, like a beach scene in which a pair of horse carts passing in the background feel like early Fellini.

Mr. Sollima and his colleagues are certainly aware of the many influences to be sorted through in making a modern gangster tale. At one point a young hood, describing the botched job that got him imprisoned, says that cops and helicopters arrived “just like an American movie.” In “Gomorrah,” they’ve achieved a satisfying international blend.

@ tell me you know about this

2 weeks ago '16        #5
rooseveltdunn 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$312 | Props total: 1789 1789
Ciro for life my n*gga
+4   

2 weeks ago '16        #6
Bidam7 213 heat pts213
space
space
space
$26,091 | Props total: 64201 64201
series is great been mentioned on this site many times
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #7
nastynas 
space
space
$50 | Props total: 85 85
Season 1 was great cinema then went a little downhill for season 2 to become a gore fest for season 3, stakes being high, the body count even higher.

I've been to Napoli a couple of times and while I obviously wasn't even remotely close to that kind of action, the series turned it into fu*king Juarez. Bodies drop for sure, in the small suburbs surrounding it, and if Camorra exists, it's not the fu*king FARCS either.

Last edited by nastynas; 04-12-2019 at 11:39 AM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #8
AMG2M4 82 heat pts82 OP
space
space
I love you guys for knowing about this sh*t.
@

Last edited by AMG2M4; 04-12-2019 at 10:22 AM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #9
CALViiiN 750 heat pts750
space
space
$20,401 | Props total: 44496 44496
.Mafia? looks like I’m in
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #10
Yung Dilla 1585 heat pts1585
space
space
$63,951 | Props total: 69557 69557
I'll check it out right now. *goes to Cyber flicks*
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #11
Yung Dilla 1585 heat pts1585
space
space
$63,951 | Props total: 69557 69557
5 minutes in they barbequed this n*gga with his mom. Or it appears that way lol holy sh*t.
+2   

2 weeks ago '09        #12
BrooklynStiles 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$12,864 | Props total: 18213 18213
 Yung Dilla said
5 minutes in they barbequed this n*gga with his mom. Or it appears that way lol holy sh*t.
Sounds like my type of movie
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #13
jaedot 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,233 | Props total: 8566 8566
19 minutes in and Im sold. Good sh*t op
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #14
Smuggz 
space
space
$1,563 | Props total: 3915 3915
Its GOAT level. Period.
Not one sliver of laughs to be had.
This that uncut gangster sh*t.
+8   

2 weeks ago '05        #15
Muggz 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,788 | Props total: 7750 7750
i caught the first two seasons when it first aired. Haven’t seen beyond 2 tho. Got tired of waiting every week for it cause it would air on some italian network and then you’d have to wait for the ENG subtitles rip
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #16
BorrachoRenfro 1 heat pts
space
space
$333 | Props total: 127 127
Good show, haven’t seen season 3 yet. Kind of reminded me of sons of anarchy or the shield a little mixed in with the sopranos
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #17
thegod 
space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 1696 1696
Ive had Gomorrah ready to go on my personal Plex, just havent watched it yet. Might start that next though...this threat got me feeling like I need to start now lol.

I Also got 'Suburra' on deck too. sh*t is hard from all accounts, although not quite as good as Gomorrah from what read. It also has a movie which is a prequel that came out before the TV show. It has some of the same actors. I"ll be waiting until the show is over to watch that. Rather not know whats to come while Im watching the show.

[video - click to view]

+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #18
Khazano 
space
space
$2,499 | Props total: 361 361
Ive been preaching for two years this is the next best thing since The Wire... Season one especially.
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #19
David akaLegion 3 heat pts
space
space
$233 | Props total: 797 797
Time to look it up.
I had it on my computer a while back but it was bad quality.
Now its more popular maybe I'll find it in better quality now
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #20
Be Easy 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,071 | Props total: 6908 6908
cant fu*k with subtitles but i've watched a couple eps a long time ago
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #21
realgunta 896 heat pts896
space
space
$27,424 | Props total: 50648 50648
is it all in subtitles?
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #22
RuggedDrifter 6 heat pts
space
space
$816 | Props total: 540 540
The movie is tuff too. I’ll check out the tv show. Thanks op
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #23
TH35 112 heat pts112
space
space
$92,928 | Props total: 20333 20333
Never watched the show but the movie it’s based on was great. I need to check the show out.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #24
KingBossHellBoy 129 heat pts129
space
space
$3,038 | Props total: 7467 7467
Damn what other hidden gems do yall know
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #25
HARBINGER 461 heat pts461
space
space
$53,462 | Props total: 13322 13322
Dont watch the show dont watch TV. My life is a movie and I'm entertained being me however.. massive attack is my favorite group and they put me on with this song

[video - click to view]

Dope video but not sure I can sit through the show @

I'll just add this to the soundtrack of my life.. thanks

Edit: btw.. too much flash in those rifle bursts but still looked like a cool scene & concept.. the explosion? Must of been alot of haz mat and or fuel on that boat

Last edited by HARBINGER; 04-13-2019 at 06:27 PM..
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+74online now  47
Bow Wow Ex-GF Kiyomi Leslie is doing Only Fans Twerk Sessions For Money
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+33online now  31
Video inside Computer Repair Technician Explains Why The New iMac Is A 'Complete And..
79 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+46online now  25
Image(s) inside Apr 23 - Howard University Has Banned All D.C. Residents From Walking ..
111 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+40online now  13
Image(s) inside Apr 22 - Warren's Student Debt plan: cancel $50k in debt for household..
259 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy