3 biggest mistakes of Man of Steel

most viewed right now
+18  93
107 comments @misc
most viewed right now
-73  57
50 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '04        #1
1247 page views
47 comments

Slayn 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,436 | Props total: 227 227
3 biggest mistakes of Man of Steel

Let me preface this with that this movie was by far the best Superman movie ever made and still to this day would stand as a great entry into a United DC Universe or even just the Superman universe in general. But as well as this movie did it received mixed reviews and in my opinion here is why.

1. Trying to copy Batman Begins - The Batman Begins story worked so well because he has such a complicated backstory that made him into what he became and Christopher Nolan told that story in perfect non linear fashion. Superman is much easier and completely different. The story should have been told in order as it happened and not try and flip back and forth thru time like Batman did. People want to see the buildup of his powers from a young boy raised on a farm into Superman.

2. Development of supporting characters - This is a cause and effect of the non linear story telling. They had to toss in Superman’s most important supporting characters already developed rather than seeing them change due to Superman’s and Clark’s influences. This really cheapened the Lois Lane character most of all.

3. Not truly introducing Superman and endearing him to the world prior to Zod coming in and wanting him. It would have been much more monumental and emotional with Superman already being beloved by the world and the supporting characters.

This is all just my 2 cents and doesn’t matter much now years later but I have to credit Snyder for nearly making a perfect Superman movie. I think he got pressured afterwards by Warner to do the Batman Superman and Justice league movies.
+8   

47 comments for "3 biggest mistakes of Man of Steel"

2 weeks ago '04        #2
!!! 365 heat pts365
space
space
$55,227 | Props total: 65861 65861
MOS was an incredible flick. It has a terrific cast. Cavill looked the part of Superman to a tee. Amy Adams is my favorite red head so I love her automatically. Michael Shannon was great as Zod. You actually understand what Zod wants to do and feel for him. He had to do what was best for his people. Shout out to Faora too. She was great as Zod's lieutenant.

Russell Crowe as Jor-El is perfect. Those opening 15 minutes or so on Krypton are great. Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent were perfect casting. The rest of the supporting cast is good too. Hans Zimmer crushes it again on the score. Just more magic from him.

I liked how Lois finds out who Clark really is about mid-flick and it isn't some drawn out story line. Been there done that. The flashbacks were great and necessary. Even some of the little details like the fact that Superman's laser vision hurts his eyes was great.

My biggest gripe with the whole movie is that the f*ght scenes are too much. Just too much of Superman getting tossed through buildings. Then the other Kryptonians getting tossed through buildings. Punch punch punch. More getting thrown through buildings.

Superman k*lling Zod was a shocker too. I liked it.

All in all MOS should've been a great place for the DCEU to start with. It's a shame it got fu*ked up so quickly and I saw it coming soon as I heard Ben Affleck was cast as Batman. I'd go into more detail but that'd take a while. But MOS is special. I knew it from the trailers. Great flick and this is coming from a Batman fan.
+17   

2 weeks ago '16        #3
Bidam7 213 heat pts213
space
space
space
$26,091 | Props total: 64201 64201

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Can get the D

Last edited by Bidam7; 04-11-2019 at 09:34 PM..
+25   

2 weeks ago '07        #4
-ThE~DoN~LoN- 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,481 | Props total: 176 176
 !!! said
MOS was an incredible flick. It has a terrific cast. Cavill looked the part of Superman to a tee. Amy Adams is my favorite red head so I love her automatically. Michael Shannon was great as Zod. You actually understand what Zod wants to do and feel for him. He had to do what was best for his people. Shout out to Faora too. She was great as Zod's lieutenant.

Russell Crowe as Jor-El is perfect. Those opening 15 minutes or so on Krypton are great. Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Jonathan and Martha Kent were perfect casting. The rest of the supporting cast is good too. Hans Zimmer crushes it again on the score. Just more magic from him.

I liked how Lois finds out who Clark really is about mid-flick and it isn't some drawn out story line. Been there done that. The flashbacks were great and necessary. Even some of the little details like the fact that Superman's laser vision hurts his eyes was great.

My biggest gripe with the whole movie is that the f*ght scenes are too much. Just too much of Superman getting tossed through buildings. Then the other Kryptonians getting tossed through buildings. Punch punch punch. More getting thrown through buildings.

Superman k*lling Zod was a shocker too. I liked it.

All in all MOS should've been a great place for the DCEU to start with. It's a shame it got fu*ked up so quickly and I saw it coming soon as I heard Ben Affleck was cast as Batman. I'd go into more detail but that'd take a while. But MOS is special. I knew it from the trailers. Great flick and this is coming from a Batman fan.
I agree. The movie was great.
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #5
Mike T 173 heat pts173
space
space
$16,699 | Props total: 30903 30903
No mistakes MOS is great. Thank the United Kingdom for giving us the best Superman

[pic - click to view]

+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #6
marcchrome 55 heat pts55
space
space
$13,844 | Props total: 5264 5264

Facts.

Straight up and down.
+3   

2 weeks ago '15        #7
Mickey Ganja 
space
space
$2,877 | Props total: 3221 3221
That movie was a Man of sh*t

2 weeks ago '12        #8
Thworldisyours 62 heat pts62
space
space
$10,165 | Props total: 23682 23682
1. The pacing. (I was honestly checking my phone during the Zod/Supes f*ght)
2. The script. (The constant flashbacks, Pa Kent dying for the dog lol, "I think he's hot", Superman and Zod destroy all of Metropolis and we're supposed to care about this random family of 3 for some reason lol)
3. Whoever produced and edited the trailers did TOO good of a job and the movie couldn't live up to the hype...

[video - click to view]

I only saw MoS once... I've seen this trailer a billion times.

The trailers were better than the damn movie

Last edited by Thworldisyours; 04-12-2019 at 09:01 AM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #9
ezduzit 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,027 | Props total: 6710 6710
 Slayn said
Let me preface this with that this movie was by far the best Superman movie ever made and still to this day would stand as a great entry into a United DC Universe or even just the Superman universe in general. But as well as this movie did it received mixed reviews and in my opinion here is why.

1. Trying to copy Batman Begins - The Batman Begins story worked so well because he has such a complicated backstory that made him into what he became and Christopher Nolan told that story in perfect non linear fashion. Superman is much easier and completely different. The story should have been told in order as it happened and not try and flip back and forth thru time like Batman did. People want to see the buildup of his powers from a young boy raised on a farm into Superman.

2. Development of supporting characters - This is a cause and effect of the non linear story telling. They had to toss in Superman’s most important supporting characters already developed rather than seeing them change due to Superman’s and Clark’s influences. This really cheapened the Lois Lane character most of all.

3. Not truly introducing Superman and endearing him to the world prior to Zod coming in and wanting him. It would have been much more monumental and emotional with Superman already being beloved by the world and the supporting characters.

This is all just my 2 cents and doesn’t matter much now years later but I have to credit Snyder for nearly making a perfect Superman movie. I think he got pressured afterwards by Warner to do the Batman Superman and Justice league movies.
what buildup do you need to see...ppl have seen that done plenty of times...the movie did a great job showing clark trying to make it and fit in as an adult while showing childhood moments to see how it affected him growing up... and he did influence lois in a way.. she was going hard trying to get the scoop on some alien... he told her his story and she sympathized with him... and its not realistic for him to be beloved by the world..hes an alien with superpowers..hes pretty much a God... you think ppl would just automatically embrace that without him proving he is not a threat or potential threat?
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #10
pacman45 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,236 | Props total: 8443 8443
I always liked that joint. You guys sure know how to nitpick some sh*t though lol
+2   

2 weeks ago '09        #11
minnesota763 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,757 | Props total: 13 13
what’s amazing is that synder’s adaptation is still talked about today, when it’s been 6 long years since it’s release! say what you want about the DCEU, but fact will be that the DCEU will outlive the MCU in the long run.

Last edited by minnesota763; 04-12-2019 at 08:59 AM..

2 weeks ago '11        #12
CALViiiN 750 heat pts750
space
space
$20,401 | Props total: 44496 44496
the best female villain

she was sooooo dope!
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #14
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,139 | Props total: 2435 2435
No flaws in this flick whatsoever.... best adaptation ever this was perfect jump off for dceu....
+3   

2 weeks ago '13        #15
CarloGambino 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,166 | Props total: 1760 1760
From the beginning i been saying this flick was fire. Best superman i seen and i always thought he was corny as a superhero. but snyder did a good job

2 weeks ago '04        #16
badboy600 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,904 | Props total: 3085 3085
Trailer was fire
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #17
QdobaCasanova 12 heat pts12
space
space
$9,640 | Props total: 27093 27093
Literally stopped reading after “this is the best superman movie to date”

Ya’ll just say casually dumb sh*t and dont even have the courtesy to preface it with “now here’s a hot take” or “you might disagree with me on this but hear me out”.

Like 0 self awareness. It’s funny.

Man of Steel sucks breh. If your cinematic diet is Marvel movies and Marvel Netflix shows; then, yeah: MoS may seem like high brow art.

It isn’t tho.

It suffers from Snyder’s intense dislike for anything that represents altruism so he has to muddy the concept of someone being selfless with murky subjects that he handles with the precision of a spastic with a chainsaw trying to give someone a fade.

That, and his weird commentary on how heroes operate in the “real world” is concerning:

Man of Steel ends with Superman sending thinly veiled threats against the people he’s vowed to protect by basically saying “hey if you try to monitor what I do, just remember the guy I just k*lled is basically me except I like ya’ll”

That, and he has no idea how screenplay works and just puts storyboards onto screen and thinks that’s how movies work.
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #18
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,849 | Props total: 4962 4962
why is trump on there
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #19
Slayn 1 heat pts OP
space
space
space
 QdobaCasanova said
Literally stopped reading after “this is the best superman movie to date”

Ya’ll just say casually dumb sh*t and dont even have the courtesy to preface it with “now here’s a hot take” or “you might disagree with me on this but hear me out”.

Like 0 self awareness. It’s funny.

Man of Steel sucks breh. If your cinematic diet is Marvel movies and Marvel Netflix shows; then, yeah: MoS may seem like high brow art.

It isn’t tho.

It suffers from Snyder’s intense dislike for anything that represents altruism so he has to muddy the concept of someone being selfless with murky subjects that he handles with the precision of a spastic with a chainsaw trying to give someone a fade.

That, and his weird commentary on how heroes operate in the “real world” is concerning:

Man of Steel ends with Superman sending thinly veiled threats against the people he’s vowed to protect by basically saying “hey if you try to monitor what I do, just remember the guy I just k*lled is basically me except I like ya’ll”

That, and he has no idea how screenplay works and just puts storyboards onto screen and thinks that’s how movies work.
That’s because it is known without saying that this is just an opinion. I guess I just a*sumed that most people are not as fu*king stupid as you and didn’t need that spelled out to start the post. My bad Hawkins.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #20
GodsFavorite 109 heat pts109
space
space
space
$9,844 | Props total: 4991 4991
MOS was good. Not a classic by any means, but solid. I would say the three biggest issues were

1. Jor-El giving him the speech about “you can save them. you can save ALL of them” and then letting like 10,000 people die. That didn’t make any sense
2. Dialogue was real rough at points (like the whole last scene with the general after he downs the drone)
3. I was cool with the flashbacks and sh*t but they didn’t really do anything for the overall story. They should’ve been written better

2 weeks ago '09        #21
WasabiTuna 20 heat pts20
space
space
$7,335 | Props total: 11679 11679
People still defending this piece of sh*t.

2 weeks ago '17        #22
QdobaCasanova 12 heat pts12
space
space
$9,640 | Props total: 27093 27093
 Slayn said
That’s because it is known without saying that this is just an opinion. I guess I just a*sumed that most people are not as fu*king stupid as you and didn’t need that spelled out to start the post. My bad Hawkins.
You have 0 courtesy for how contrarian your opinion is and expect people to listen to you?

If you have an opinion that goes against the grain, youre supposed to be explaining your opinion, not stating it empirically like it’s the general consensus.

Try again.

2 weeks ago '16        #23
Frankie Needles 81 heat pts81
space
space
space
$2,711 | Props total: 12339 12339
 minnesota763 said
what’s amazing is that synder’s adaptation is still talked about today, when it’s been 6 long years since it’s release! say what you want about the DCEU, but fact will be that the DCEU will outlive the MCU in the long run.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #24
Slayn 1 heat pts OP
space
space
space
 QdobaCasanova said
You have 0 courtesy for how contrarian your opinion is and expect people to listen to you?

If you have an opinion that goes against the grain, youre supposed to be explaining your opinion, not stating it empirically like it’s the general consensus.

Try again.
Lol what? I am sure those are the rules on your high school debate team Harold but in real life people offer an angle of their opinion and you can agree with it, add on to it or disagree with it. It is also possible to disagree without being disrespectful while trying to sound intellectually superior. There is more to intelligent debate than just having your thesaurus out junior. The only thing your original post conveys is that you are conceded and desperate for attention.
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #25
HARBINGER 461 heat pts461
space
space
$53,462 | Props total: 13322 13322
 Mickey Ganja said
That movie was a Man of sh*t
Suck my big a*s d*ck ya bish
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+74online now  35
Bow Wow Ex-GF Kiyomi Leslie is doing Only Fans Twerk Sessions For Money
71 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+33online now  30
Video inside Computer Repair Technician Explains Why The New iMac Is A 'Complete And..
79 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+46online now  29
Image(s) inside Apr 23 - Howard University Has Banned All D.C. Residents From Walking ..
112 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+40online now  12
Image(s) inside Apr 22 - Warren's Student Debt plan: cancel $50k in debt for household..
259 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy