'The Mandalorian': Jon Favreau Teases Disney+ Series at Star Wars Celebration

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '18        #1
541 page views
17 comments

Eclectic 310 heat pts310
space
space
$3,530 | Props total: 9582 9582
'The Mandalorian': Jon Favreau Teases Disney+ Series at Star Wars Celebration

My favorite character of Star Wars finally gets his own film series.

Courtesy of Disney
'The Mandalorian'

The eight-episode story begins unfolding Nov. 12.
Star Wars fans got a first look at the Disney+ series The Mandalorian Sunday.

Lucasfilm's Kathleen Kennedy and executive producers Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni, pulled back the curtain to a packed crowd at Star Wars Celebration in Chicago.

The eight-episode series will debut on Nov. 12 as one of the launch shows for Disney+, and originated from an idea from Favreau.

"Jon sat down and pitched the idea of The Mandalorian. It was instantaneous. We were so excited to bring this idea to the screen," said Kennedy, introducing Favreau and Filoni.

Filoni and Favreau recalled meeting more than a decade ago at Skywalker Ranch in northern California. Favreau was mixing 2008's Iron Man, and Filoni was working on Clone Wars. The two gave each other feedback, and Filoni allowed Favreau to voice a character.

The Mandalorian takes place after 1983's The Return of the Jedi and before the villainous First Order rose to replace the Empire. Favreau said he wanted to look at the days after the Rebellion's victory.

"If you look throughout history, it's fun at first, but it gets very complicated very quickly. The idea of that world after The Return of the Jedi and what would happen and what sort of characters would survive, and what it was like until the new Republic took over," said Favreau. "You have vestiges of the Empire. You have only the strong surviving. You have chaos taking over the galaxy."

Favreau said he'd always loved the tone of the Catina and found that underworld to be the "rich environment" in which to tell a story.

Favreau and Filoni introduced stars Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano and Carl Weathers Carl Weathers, the latter of whom channeled his Rocky character Apollo Creed, yelling at the crowd, "I want you! I want you! I want you!"

Pascal plays The Mandalorian, calling the role "fantasy fulfillment."

"The Mandalorian is a mysterious, lone gunf*ghter in the outer reaches of the galaxy. Some might say he has questionable moral character, which is in line with some of our best westerns, some good samurai. All the good stuff," said Pascal. "He's a badass."

Carano revealed her character is called Cara-Dune (the spelling is unclear at this moment), an ex-Rebel Shock Trooper.

"I'm a bit of a loner," Carano said. "Iím having a bit of trouble reintegrating myself into society.

Weathers plays Grief Carga (again, spelling is unclear at the moment).

"He's the head of this guild of bounty hunters," said Weathers. "He's looking for someone to bring a product to a client. It's worth a lot, very valuable. Guess who he finds? He finds a bounty hunter named Mandalorian Ö he hires this guy, sends him out there, and Mando does what needs to be done."

Favreau revealed The Mandalorian gets around on a ship called Razer Crest, and noted this was the first time Star Wars was shot in Los Angeles, saying it was possible due to technological advancements, including those he's learned on his films such as Iron Man, Jungle Book and Lion King.

The Mandalorian has booked a number of high-profile directors, including Taika Waititi, Bryce Dallas Howard, Rick Famuyiwa, Deborah Chow and Filoni.

"Everyone was from a different perspective, different generation," said Favreau of the directors. "We love pulling all the different stories together. For people who have been fans for 40 years, we have a lot in there for you. But these are new characters and new stories, so it's a great way to invite new people in. Ö Much like we did with Marvel with Iron Man, let's make it something people could jump in on who don't know anything about Star Wars and enjoy, but if you've been a fan, there's been a lot of care that goes into all the details."

Favreau showed off behind-the-scenes footage that confirmed the project is set five years after Return of the Jedi. It showed off interviews from some of the series' directors.

Fukuyama called the series as having "the heart that Star Wars has always been about."

We get to see footage of the Mandalorian walk silently towards a ship and open the door, walk inside. It was silent aside from sound effects, and very moody and dark. There was about 30 seconds of finished footage, as the team is still working on the visual effects.

Filoni revealed he used the 501st Legion ó a fan troupe of Stormtroopers ó for The Mandalorian, with the group not realizing ahead of time that's what it'd be for.

"They didnít' mess around," said Weathers. "I wound up learning stuff from watching these guys and women."

Disney+ is being billed as an important component to the future of Star Wars. Following December's Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, there will be a break in theatrical releases for the galaxy far, far away.

In addition to The Mandalorian, Disney+ also has a Diego Luna-led Rogue One: A Star Wars Story prequel starring his character Cassian Andor. It is also reviving the fan-favorite animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars for a seventh season on Disney+ after last airing in 2008.

Lucasfilm chief Kathleen Kennedy told The Hollywood Reporter Friday that while there is a focus on streaming series for Star Wars, she is already plotting the next decade or more of theatrical releases, by working with The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson and Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, who have two trilogies in development between the three of them. Favreau is also considered a key voice of the next theatrical steps."

visit this link https://www.hollywoodrepo .. veiled-1201931
+2   

17 comments for "'The Mandalorian': Jon Favreau Teases Disney+ Series at Star Wars Celebration"

2 weeks ago '19        #2
Supreme Doom 
space
space
$544 | Props total: 630 630
Smfh

Here comes the watered down flood

2 weeks ago '06        #3
droid3000 1161 heat pts1161
space
space
$32,035 | Props total: 44129 44129
bro the fu*king blacked out the footage?

2 weeks ago '15        #4
Deuce2416 
space
space
$1,999 | Props total: 5376 5376
I’m in just off the strength of my n*gga Pedro
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #5
Eclectic 310 heat pts310 OP
space
space
Go to 16:00 min mark for the panel to start.

droid3000 said
bro the fu*king blacked out the footage?

2 weeks ago '18        #6
space
space
That's what I'm fearing as well with it being from Disney as since they took over they haven't done anything really spectacular (very cool effects but dumb animal type pets and such blah). Hopefully bringing on the guys from Game of Thrones brings some grown up aspect to the series.

Supreme Doom said
Smfh

Here comes the watered down flood
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #7
space
space
 Eclectic said
Go to 16:00 min mark for the panel to start.
nah i mean they played 3 minutes of actual footage but was only for people in attendance
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #8
CALViiiN 750 heat pts750
space
space
$20,410 | Props total: 44510 44510

[tweet - click to view]

+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #9
space
space
That's why you pay, to see what others won't.

droid3000 said
nah i mean they played 3 minutes of actual footage but was only for people in attendance
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #10
space
space
 CALViiiN said
this actually the only star wars content i have any interest in
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #11
GODGOAT 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,019 | Props total: 1800 1800
Mandalorians changed the way I look at humans

2 weeks ago '07        #12
Cartel-Clipz 38 heat pts38
space
space
$36,690 | Props total: 50120 50120
if these n*ggas don't take my fu*kin' money already...
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #13
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,283 | Props total: 5617 5617
Since they're not saying who he is... is the Mandalorian Revan

2 weeks ago '04        #14
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$27,611 | Props total: 5650 5650
Pretty crazy we're finally getting a Star Wars SHOW
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #15
space
space

[video - click to view]

+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #16
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$14,246 | Props total: 4485 4485
Disney+ is gon be lit, they’re gon have so many shows. I’m hoping for a Moon Knight series with the vibe of Netflix’s Daredevil.

I hope they introduce Inhumans again too and make it better than that bullsh*t that was on cable. Then they’ll probably tie in the shows and movies for sure.
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #17
sammcc30 
space
space
$2,102 | Props total: 1947 1947
yeah well there goes my 6.99....
+1   

1 week ago '06        #18
SM 40581 heat pts40581
space
space
$140,203 | Props total: 118260 118260
Wheres the video?

Home      

most viewed right now
-17online now  44
Azealia Banks workin' dem angles again
41 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+102online now  30
Image(s) inside I don't usually beat off to chicks at work but... I can make an except..
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+25online now  29
Video inside Cardi B with the facts
98 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+85online now  16
Video inside In China women have to go through these to get into the club