What Killed/Hurt ______'s Career?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

4 months ago '17        #1
5749 page views
135 comments

Obadiah1Verse18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 68254 68 K  Slaps total: 28627 28 K
What k*lled/Hurt ______'s Career?

For this thread you can mention whomever and give your idea of why their career didn't go well.

For this post, I'm going to choose Rich Boy. Rich Boy was very talented IMO and could have been a voice of the 'New South', but I think besides the obvious of his main producer Supa Villain passing away, he was just TOO similar to T.I. and might have possibly been blackballed. You gotta remember, when 'Throw Some D's' was getting play on the airwaves, T.I. was blowing up the charts with tracks from his 'King' album which if I'm not mistaken, is his most successful album to date. I think style-wise they were just too similar, and since T.I. was already established, of course Rich Boy had to go. It would've been nice for him to have a longer run to see where he could have went in this game.
+31   

best
worst
135 comments

4 months ago '04        #2
MegaTON 
Props total: 27786 27 K  Slaps total: 4737 4 K
dude suffered from soundin like a cast member from fat albert

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 months ago '22        #3
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 69085 69 K  Slaps total: 39863 39 K
Rich Boy smoked both Wayne and Nas on Ghetto Rich Remix

+25   

4 months ago '17        #4
Obadiah1Verse18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29 OP
Props total: 68254 68 K  Slaps total: 28627 28 K
 MegaTON said
dude suffered from soundin like a cast member from fat albert
Who, Rich Boy?
+1   

4 months ago '15        #5
6Fraud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x45
Props total: 94013 94 K  Slaps total: 33773 33 K
Rich boy is a hip hop travesty honestly should have been big.

A blind man can see its some behind the scenes sh*t
+47   

4 months ago '15        #6
Hellmatic 
Props total: 68902 68 K  Slaps total: 6153 6 K
No rich boy slander will be tolerated

Throw some ds still a classic. Idk if him and polow had a falling out or something but they were a good duo, they shoulda stuck together (maybe this was what happened. Label shelved him or something, cause he wasnt on zone 4 for his album which he dropped like 7 years later). I'm wondering what was the real issue tho for real, if he dropped an album the next year and kept being consistent he had potential for a classic.

This is one of the realest songs ever

Rich boy wasn't lyrical but he wasn't just a dumb southern rapper like some people wanna think. He could drop thought provoking sh*t if he wanted to

Last edited by Hellmatic; 08-06-2022 at 02:25 AM..
+49   

4 months ago '18        #7
TexasPlayaMayne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 24197 24 K  Slaps total: 18421 18 K
 6Fraud said

He was a stupidass rapper that LOOKED like a star, but sounded terrible.

The south had allot of lyrical street cats back then, Rich Boy was just a bigol distraction.

4 months ago '11        #8
UrDoinGood  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14571 14 K  Slaps total: 2885 2 K

4 months ago '08        #9
ExNihilo 
Props total: 46531 46 K  Slaps total: 730 730
Don Trip & Starlito

Don Trip had a Cee Lo feature on his 1st major track and was with Interscope

Starlito was down with Cash Money/Young Buck, but had a buzz in Memphis

They had bars out the South and good connects, but it seems like they got black balled for some reason

Trip never dropped a project with Interscope and Lito never caught the buzz he should have. Lito had beef with Young Buck, but that's still small compared to his buzz. They broke Kevin Gates

Trip n Lito cold, this track is old

+32   

4 months ago '19        #10
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 134114 134 K  Slaps total: 34726 34 K
Cam dissing jay who was the president of def jam k*lled juelz career

n*ggas is playing checkers with chess-playing Hov
This game is over, I don’t know if ya’ll know
You in the hole
+15   

4 months ago '04        #11
MegaTON 
Gorilla Zoe - dropped 28 mixtapes in 28 days... (no one heard any of em)
NY in general - tryin to sound like young n*ggas/south n*ggas/chicago n*ggas/uk n*ggas etc - also is their only like 3 producers out there who do beats for fat joe/jadakiss/french? all their beats sound the same for the last 10 years, heavily quantized but still offbeat type sh*t
Famous Dex - too much drugs soon as he was gaining momentum
Lil B - overplayed his gimmick
Roscoe Dash - too many ppl jacked his sound before he could even really blow with it - to the point n*gga didn't even know what separated him from them n*ggas who stole his sound
Troy Ave - no originality, n*ggas was really tryin to rep for him cuz hes from ny or whatever but it got old quick
dave east - constant mids
g herbo - heard 1 song u've heard em all
blocboy jb - no more drake features
lil xan - he's billie eilish now
+58   

4 months ago '04        #12
MegaTON 
basically if u got over 10 projects/mixtapes/albums out under ur name and none of em blow up just make a new name - did wonders for 2chainz

that lil wayne "im just gonna flood the block" sh*t doesn't work if no ones interested
+29   

4 months ago '18        #13
Steve Gee97  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 41375 41 K  Slaps total: 5963 5 K
 MegaTON said
Gorilla Zoe - dropped 28 mixtapes in 28 days... (no one heard any of em)
NY in general - tryin to sound like young n*ggas/south n*ggas/chicago n*ggas/uk n*ggas etc - also is their only like 3 producers out there who do beats for fat joe/jadakiss/french? all their beats sound the same for the last 10 years, heavily quantized but still offbeat type sh*t
Famous Dex - too much drugs soon as he was gaining momentum
Lil B - overplayed his gimmick
Roscoe Dash - too many ppl jacked his sound before he could even really blow with it - to the point n*gga didn't even know what separated him from them n*ggas who stole his sound
Troy Ave - no originality, n*ggas was really tryin to rep for him cuz hes from ny or whatever but it got old quick
dave east - constant mids
g herbo - heard 1 song u've heard em all
blocboy jb - no more drake features
lil xan - he's billie eilish now

I listened to all those Gorilla Zoe tapes...

A lot of filler in between those tapes.

Lex Luger gave him some dope beats though plus he worked with Sonny Digital before he blew up.
+8   

4 months ago '18        #14
Plies releasing 2 albums in a year hurt him...

He should have took a break and released some mixtapes to hold the fans over. Funny how he did that with those On Trial tapes.

Da Realist was garbage compared to Definition Of Real too. It also didn't help that Plies got exposed by Jamie Foxx too.
+14   

4 months ago '18        #15
 ExNihilo said
Don Trip & Starlito

They had bars out the South and good connects, but it seems like they got black balled for some reason

Trip never dropped a project with Interscope and Lito never caught the buzz he should have. Lito had beef with Young Buck, but that's still small compared to his buzz. They broke Kevin Gates

Lito is content with not being a star...

He's cool with that. Remember when he signed to Cash Money and had him write for Wayne and Baby.

I'd rather be independent than to be signed just to sit on the shelf.
+15   

4 months ago '18        #16
 6Fraud said

Blame that on Polow Da Don...

Dude got bigheaded and burned some bridges.

Rich Boy's album and Gangsta Grillz tape used to be in rotation as a kid. Had a Andre 3000, Jim Jones, and Wayne verse too.
+14   

4 months ago '15        #17
ThatGuy247 
Props total: 3904 3 K  Slaps total: 544 544
 ExNihilo said
Don Trip & Starlito

Lito and trip are still at it and cranking out heat…….
+12   

4 months ago '17        #18
Cronion2415  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 22936 22 K  Slaps total: 1213 1 K
The D.O.C.
+2   

4 months ago '21        #19
Tjerrell 
Props total: 519 519  Slaps total: 29 29
Both of all they solo sh*t go………..
But they definitely go harder when they rapping together.
Both stepbrother albums stay in rotation

ExNihilo said
Don Trip & Starlito

+3   

4 months ago '18        #20
1.Young Buck- Burning bridges with 50 by dissing him after he was paying his taxes for him. Running to side with Ja Rule and Fat Joe wasn't a good idea either.

At least Game could hold his own. Buck just sank. 50 took that boy's manhood when he revealed him crying on the phone.

2. Juelz Santana- Poor work ethic and drug habit.

How u gonna let Wayne lapse you?

Juelz should have also stayed sober. Nowadays, he's looking like a fiend. Even Cam doesn't let drugs get in the way of making money.

3. Boosie-

He didn't capitalize off the first day out of prison. Dude waited until 2015 to put out a album at the most.

Plus Boosie may have turned people off with his interview about how Black folks are the worst race ever. I think Boosie's LGBT comments may have gotten him blacklisted as well.

At the end of the day, Boosie should have stayed working with Mouse On The Track. That was his sound.
+14   

4 months ago '19        #21
moonmandav 
Props total: 2312 2 K  Slaps total: 70 70
 Hellmatic said
No rich boy slander will be tolerated

Throw some ds still a classic. Idk if him and polow had a falling out or something but they were a good duo, they shoulda stuck together (maybe this was what happened. Label shelved him or something, cause he wasnt on zone 4 for his album which he dropped like 7 years later). I'm wondering what was the real issue tho for real, if he dropped an album the next year and kept being consistent he had potential for a classic.

This is one of the realest songs ever

Rich boy wasn't lyrical but he wasn't just a dumb southern rapper like some people wanna think. He could drop thought provoking sh*t if he wanted to

"Preachers in that pulpit,
teaching all that bullsh*t,
so how you know it's bullsh*t,
same n*ggas I went to school wit!!"

+18   

4 months ago '04        #22
MegaTON 
 Steve Gee97 said
1.Young Buck- Burning bridges with 50 by dissing him after he was paying his taxes for him. Running to side with Ja Rule and Fat Joe wasn't a good idea either.

At least Game could hold his own. Buck just sank. 50 took that boy's manhood when he revealed him crying on the phone.

2. Juelz Santana- Poor work ethic and drug habit.

How u gonna let Wayne lapse you?

Juelz should have also stayed sober. Nowadays, he's looking like a fiend. Even Cam doesn't let drugs get in the way of making money.

3. Boosie-

He didn't capitalize off the first day out of prison. Dude waited until 2015 to put out a album at the most.

Plus Boosie may have turned people off with his interview about how Black folks are the worst race ever. I think Boosie's LGBT comments may have gotten him blacklisted as well.

At the end of the day, Boosie should have stayed working with Mouse On The Track. That was his sound.
i remember a juelz interview where he talked about having hard drives of unreleased music (skull gang era so it'd all be 2007 and earlier sh*t) but nothin ever came of it, their was stories about max b/jim jones having hard drives of music too but who knows - back in 2007 a 120gb hd would've been a lot, 500gb/1tb is like the standard now

also boosie def shoulda stuck with mouese on the track
+5   

4 months ago '15        #23
drose1985 
Props total: 50812 50 K  Slaps total: 4896 4 K
 FrivolousSports said
Cam dissing jay who was the president of def jam k*lled juelz career

Trip a full time single dad and took a break at the peak of his career to get family situation straight. Lito didnt want to play industry games, and sacrifice his craft for a bag. They have a cult following and can stay visible to core fan base to enabling them to consistently grind.
+7   

4 months ago '20        #24
Jaye85 
Props total: 3874 3 K  Slaps total: 324 324
Kxng Crooked/Crooked I - him being signed to Tha Row which was already washed up and affiliating themselves with Tha Inc., most likely being blacklisted by Snoop, Daz, and Dre at a time when Aftermath/Shady/G-Unit were running the industry. Then the whole Slaughterhouse thing.

Always felt this song and vid was a carbon copy of "In Da Club".

4 months ago '04        #25
MegaTON 
 Jaye85 said
Kxng Crooked/Crooked I - him being signed to Tha Row which was already washed up and affiliating themselves with Tha Inc., most likely being blacklisted by Snoop, Daz, and Dre at a time when Aftermath/Shady/G-Unit were running the industry. Then the whole Slaughterhouse thing.

Always felt this song and vid was a carbon copy of "In Da Club".

lol i think he liked it cuz it sounds like billie jean
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+261online now  28
‘Good Morning America’ co-anchors Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes get caught being ..
366 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+30online now  19
Kanye West Goes on Alex Jones’ Show and Says He Likes Hitler
800 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+39online now  17
[Health] Surprise Surprise Liver King is not natty
74 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+32online now  12
Nov 30 - Thai Buddhist temple emptied after all the monks test positive for me..
88 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy