The Mercedes Benz CLS has been my dream car for years, should I cop?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
134 replies  @hiphop

section  x2   |  1 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

New replies show every 20 seconds
 1 week ago '19        #101
Tmoe 
Props total: 990 990  Slaps total: 24 24
 Youngstownohio said
Even though this question was not posed to me allow me to interject....my brother bought a used 2016 A7 and let me say that the car is immaculate! If you can afford the maintenance these cars are well worth it...check one out brodi the tech is insane! Cheers to you on your endeavors!
So as an Audi owner for my last three cars, brotha right here is on point with that maintenance. sh*t is hella $$$$$$, I had no problem throwing that Audi care on my two that we got right now. Man fu*king Brakes and Rotors on an RS7 2017 hit my a*s for $5600. sh*t my youngest broke my gas tank lid and that sh*t hit me for $1300 for a fu*king LID.

If you can get this car and still live life in the way that makes you comfortable. Meaning you don't have to stop doing other sh*t just because you have this car. Then get it brotha, enjoy the money you have earned in your career. I was there in December 2020, that AMG 63 was calling my name but I stoped at the Audi dealership first and man RS7 stole my heart and my sale chick was Colombian. It was meant to be
+4   

1 week ago '05        #102
Hadal Zone 
Props total: 34761 34 K  Slaps total: 1295 1 K
If you can get it, do it. It's your dream car. Never know what can happen. At the very least, lease it.

1 week ago '05        #103
ChickzNKickz 
Props total: 29975 29 K  Slaps total: 1990 1 K
 Tonero said
I honestly don't like the new cls. The previous model was much better.

As people have mentioned the gt63 would be wayy better at that price point
The CLS and the GT63 are two totally different price points my boy.

1 week ago '19        #104
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 39097 39 K  Slaps total: 8463 8 K
 Tmoe said
So as an Audi owner for my last three cars, brotha right here is on point with that maintenance. sh*t is hella $$$$$$, I had no problem throwing that Audi care on my two that we got right now. Man fu*king Brakes and Rotors on an RS7 2017 hit my a*s for $5600. sh*t my youngest broke my gas tank lid and that sh*t hit me for $1300 for a fu*king LID.
Even if you know how to do car repairs yourself, parts are expensive. BMW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz... for example, a motor mount is just steel and rubber, costs around $50 for a Mazda.... similar thing for Mercedes-Benz is $150 to $200.

1 week ago '15        #105
Johnny Cinco 
Props total: 15529 15 K  Slaps total: 4162 4 K
 JayR04 said
Lease it. I have the GT53 which is basically the same car. You could probably get a little discount cuz they don't sell well. They actually might stop making them.
what's ya payments? I been looking at the 2021 GT53 and been going back and forth about it

1 week ago '15        #106
Tripsev 
Props total: 4158 4 K  Slaps total: 2423 2 K
 rooseveltdunn said
Yeah....whatever n*gga. Ironically almost every reply here has been funny, positive or reasonable except for yours, go figure.
sh*t if thatís true Iím a d*ck. My bad lol

1 week ago '04        #107
Duntaz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 44012 44 K  Slaps total: 2737 2 K
Lease it, drive it, give it back. No maintenance out of your pocket and you can upgrade to the next car to lease of your desire.

1 week ago '14        #108
breezeus313 
Props total: 8453 8 K  Slaps total: 484 484
I would get it only if it had a extended warranty on the parts but I would look toward leasing versus buying. But if you do buy, find a cool mechanic who can help you out and get a PPI on a used car before you buy.

1 week ago '04        #109
100percent 
Props total: 317 317  Slaps total: 67 67
You only live once. Enjoy life now. Never live with regrets
+2   

1 week ago '16        #110
thekg1 
Props total: 513 513  Slaps total: 67 67
If you have to have it lease it because when they need fixing you donít want to be the one holding the bag. If you want a luxury car I personally rock with Lexus because of reliability and they hold value much better than MB. Also look into common problems with that model online and forums see if your ready for those issues if you decide to buy. Ultimately itís your money and your life but try to make the best financial decision while still being happy

1 week ago '11        #111
Brolicballer13 
Props total: 7380 7 K  Slaps total: 374 374
 patt24 said
if you want it, can afford it and wont put a financial strain on you... get it.

Live your life.
This
and this goes for buying anything
+1   

1 week ago '16        #112
rooseveltdunn  OP
Props total: 6537 6 K  Slaps total: 252 252
 UrDoinGood said
Youíre in Sacramento ?
Boston

1 week ago '16        #113
rooseveltdunn  OP
 HalfAMilli2025 said
I stopped reading here, never count money you donít have.

If next year is when, then wait another 2 years so you can afford the insurance, gas,etc.
Signing bonus is the reason. I already have the money but starting in late fall I will have a lot more, I could afford it even now if I really wanted it but there is a way I am going about it. But I get your point tho it ain't bad advice.

1 week ago '16        #114
rooseveltdunn  OP
 Duntaz said
Lease it, drive it, give it back. No maintenance out of your pocket and you can upgrade to the next car to lease of your desire.
I would have done this, only issue is my commute will have me go beyond the mileage limit before the lease is up, I have been trying to find a way around that.

3 days ago '14        #115
kaylikestofly 
Props total: 3153 3 K  Slaps total: 2446 2 K
Buy a house first

2 days ago '07        #116
240ka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21772 21 K  Slaps total: 5804 5 K
Buy something nice used for an affordable price and invest in some property

20 hrs ago '16        #117
rooseveltdunn  OP
 kaylikestofly said
Buy a house first
Housing market is trash at the moment. I already have a fund for my house but I am waiting 3 years.
+1   

18 hrs ago '19        #118
jlem 
Props total: 7719 7 K  Slaps total: 202 202
Old head perspective.

You only live once and you should enjoy the life you live. However, you should also be responsible about what could be considered a large purchase.

Life has taught me that it's not about what you can afford but about what you can maintain.

You may be able to afford the car payment but what about gas, insurance, and maintenance? All of these things need to be considered as they will undoubtedly go up as you are dealing with a luxury car.

If all of this has been factored in and it's not going to bring you any undue hardship then I say get what you want. Again, life's short and passes in a blink.

I tend to buy what I want when I'm looking for a car. However, I don't buy new cars often and I tend to keep them until they die.
+1   

17 hrs ago '19        #119
jlem 
Props total: 7719 7 K  Slaps total: 202 202
 rooseveltdunn said
I would have done this, only issue is my commute will have me go beyond the mileage limit before the lease is up, I have been trying to find a way around that.
Never lease a car young man. Here's why.

1. Even though a car is a depreciating a*set you can still build equity in it. With a lease you don't build anything. With a car you purchase, you have the ability to trade it in and get some money towards purchasing something else. With a lease you don't a dime when you turn it in. A lease is paramount to a long-term rental car. You've put out thousands of dollars with nothing to show for it.

2. Limited use of the car. Yes, leases tend to offer lower monthly payments but they also handcuff your ability to really enjoy the vehicle. All leases for cars come with mileage restrictions. Those restrictions seem to get tighter and tighter every couple of years. Years ago the standard was no more than 20k miles a year. Then it dropped to 15k. Now I believe some manufacturers limit it to 12k a year. The average person drives more than 20k a year when you factor in commuting to work, grocery shopping, or taking trips were flying isn't necessary.

3. As previously stated it's like having a rental car with the exception that YOU have to pay for the maintenance on a car that you're not going to own. At least with a rental you can drive it and give the bi*ch back without paying for oil changes, filters, and new brakes.

4. Insurance costs are typically higher on leased cars because the insurance company is on the hook for something that their client (you) doesn't own.

5. You pay more in the long run. When I was younger you could lease a car with no money down. It wasn't a requirement that any money be put down on a leased car. Now, car companies want 3k-4k down for a lease. Why in the hell would you put money down for a car that you're essentially renting? That money doesn't go towards anything. No future payments, no maintenance, no nothing. Believe me I know because I asked. They'll give you some security fee, deposit fee, transportation fee, bullsh*t excuse.

However, when you return the car they don't give you your money back. Don't do it young man. The only way leasing a car works out is if you run a rental car company and you need newer cars more frequently.
+1   

17 hrs ago '16        #120
rooseveltdunn  OP
 jlem said
Never lease a car young man. Here's why.

1. Even though a car is a depreciating a*set you can still build equity in it. With a lease you don't build anything. With a car you purchase, you have the ability to trade it in and get some money towards purchasing something else. With a lease you don't a dime when you turn it in. A lease is paramount to a long-term rental car. You've put out thousands of dollars with nothing to show for it.

2. Limited use of the car. Yes, leases tend to offer lower monthly payments but they also handcuff your ability to really enjoy the vehicle. All leases for cars come with mileage restrictions. Those restrictions seem to get tighter and tighter every couple of years. Years ago the standard was no more than 20k miles a year. Then it dropped to 15k. Now I believe some manufacturers limit it to 12k a year. The average person drives more than 20k a year when you factor in commuting to work, grocery shopping, or taking trips were flying isn't necessary.

3. As previously stated it's like having a rental car with the exception that YOU have to pay for the maintenance on a car that you're not going to own. At least with a rental you can drive it and give the bi*ch back without paying for oil changes, filters, and new brakes.

4. Insurance costs are typically higher on leased cars because the insurance company is on the hook for something that their client (you) doesn't own.

5. You pay more in the long run. When I was younger you could lease a car with no money down. It wasn't a requirement that any money be put down on a leased car. Now, car companies want 3k-4k down for a lease. Why in the hell would you put money down for a car that you're essentially renting? That money doesn't go towards anything. No future payments, no maintenance, no nothing. Believe me I know because I asked. They'll give you some security fee, deposit fee, transportation fee, bullsh*t excuse.

However, when you return the car they don't give you your money back. Don't do it young man. The only way leasing a car works out is if you run a rental car company and you need newer cars more frequently.
This was solid, I appreciate it OG

New replies show every 20 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+95online now  11
Video inside Jul 29 - Anti Vacc Restaurant Owner Interview With CNN Is Next Level
349 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+30online now  10
Video inside Wayne new chain
49 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-23online now  6
Whatever happen to that kristine leahy chick