Nov 8 - BREAKING: Instagram CEO has announced that likes will disappear from the platform

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

2 weeks ago '09        #51
Jacc Blacc 
space
space
Props total: 12187 12 K  Slaps total: 4514 4 K
lies

they'll remove it and then drop a "pro" version of instagram with the analystics and they'll charge for the pro version
+12   

2 weeks ago '17        #52
Dab Papi 
space
space
space
Props total: 202 202  Slaps total: 17 17
 danneywilliams said
How would removing likes solve anything? People are still going to post things that they think will garner a high number of comments.

Also, this:

I'm almost at 100k on my IG that I use for business built organically from the ground up and I don't like this idea at all.
Any tips on how to grow a page?
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #53
KeithHernandez 
space
space
Props total: 409 409  Slaps total: 21 21
 justin747 said
"Testing"

Once some of IGs biggest accounts start threatening to move to a different platform, those likes are gonna come right back. I don't think it will get that far.

Or even worse, they might start monetizing sh*t like visible likes. For example, if you want likes visible on your account, you have to pay for IG+ or IG Gold. Every company wants sole of that subscription money.

I feel like this is a curveball. No conspiracy theories but there's something shady behind this. It's not "for the people" like they're claiming
I don't think there's a subscription service imminent, but I'm here for the speculation. Otherwise, you're spot on.

Likes are getting hidden because they're the most tangible metric influencers have to show brands when negotiating sponsored content, and that's driving an economy Facebook/Instagram can't profit from.

My boy's fiancée is someone with over 600K followers, and we're talking about partnerships with bags that equate to almost $5K per post. And that's really small change in some cases. Know someone else who just signed a deal memo for $75K to do about 12 pieces of content over 12 months.

Obviously, that side of the social spectrum isn't the same experience as thotties doing their thot thing on IG, but it means the platform isn't going to keep it easy for people to keep earning when there's no way for them to get a fee off that brand-influencer partnership.
+14   

2 weeks ago '05        #54
Gully Reloaded 
space
space
Props total: 3293 3 K  Slaps total: 602 602
 justin747 said
"Testing"

Once some of IGs biggest accounts start threatening to move to a different platform, those likes are gonna come right back. I don't think it will get that far.

Or even worse, they might start monetizing sh*t like visible likes. For example, if you want likes visible on your account, you have to pay for IG+ or IG Gold. Every company wants sole of that subscription money.

I feel like this is a curveball. No conspiracy theories but there's something shady behind this. It's not "for the people" like they're claiming
1.) There is no other comparable platform. People aren't going to start "jumping ship". The biggedt IG accounts are gonna stay exactly where they are because that's where their followers are.

2.) Of course nothing is "for the people" but it might be mutually beneficial for their users and the business model. My inital thought is that a small but growing percentage of their target users are opting out of social media due to the negative mental health effects of social media. How many millenials are quitting FB, IG, etc.? This gives them the "safe space" to entice the rest of their users back. Evidently it was enough of a problem to change up their features.

3.) No they aren't going to monetize likes. That sh*t doesn't matter. Their money comes from ad revenue and selling users' data first and foremost. There are millions of dollars in the FREE data we provided versus getting some users to pay $5 bucks for likes, trust. It's more profitable to stay free and get EVERYONE back into the fold so they can sell your habits to marketers which is where the real bag is.
+11   

2 weeks ago '17        #55
Skratch 
space
space
Props total: 3659 3 K  Slaps total: 1686 1 K
"testing"
Why are ya'll n*ggas excited about this?
n*ggas hate them hoes with mad followers that bad?
I would love to be a bi*ch with mad followers, sh*t is another avenue for money opportunities not even counting hoe sh*t
n*ggas on boxden be averating 5 likes a post
By the way this is a dumb a*s idea by instagram, im def petitioning against this sh*t

2 weeks ago '17        #56
PackerTrelli3 
space
space
Props total: 17162 17 K  Slaps total: 6838 6 K
Will self esteem drop? Or will these hoes just not give a fu*k anymore?

I do know it’s gonna be a lot more average users now. Since they won’t be judged against hoes getting all the 100,000 likes.
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #57
Baby Banks 
space
space
Props total: 95 95  Slaps total: 17 17
 LostTenets said
The popping people will still be popping. Lolllllll
This !!!!

Instagram already made people a ton of money and themselves with the metrics and ads

Now those people who are already established brands and businesses are good and will continue to make money the way they have been making money.

While all the people trying to get to that level or focusing on all the other criteria to get popping will have to go back to the drawing boards or quit all together.

This is just another means to control the industry more.

The pros
it evens the playing field for everyone "content" wise and it helps alleviate all the scammers taking advantage of people who don't have the proper metrics to compete.
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #58
mwtx 
space
space
Props total: 7450 7 K  Slaps total: 1294 1 K
can't wait to see the rants

+6   

2 weeks ago '13        #59
PaperBoy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 12046 12 K  Slaps total: 3326 3 K
my lil cousin is saved!!!

+8   

2 weeks ago '12        #60
PelleGreeno 
space
space
Props total: 10819 10 K  Slaps total: 107 107
 NBA said
Who’s going to be the genius to invent the new Instagram with likes?

IG about to MySpace themselves

This n*gga probably in the cut too. Plotting for a comeback
+9   

2 weeks ago '05        #61
Gully Reloaded 
space
space
Props total: 3293 3 K  Slaps total: 602 602
 KeithHernandez said
I don't think there's a subscription service imminent, but I'm here for the speculation. Otherwise, you're spot on.

Likes are getting hidden because they're the most tangible metric influencers have to show brands when negotiating sponsored content, and that's driving an economy Facebook/Instagram can't profit from.

My boy's fiancée is someone with over 600K followers, and we're talking about partnerships with bags that equate to almost $5K per post. And that's really small change in some cases. Know someone else who just signed a deal memo for $75K to do about 12 pieces of content over 12 months.

Obviously, that side of the social spectrum isn't the same experience as thotties doing their thot thing on IG, but it means the platform isn't going to keep it easy for people to keep earning when there's no way for them to get a fee off that brand-influencer partnership.
Good point. I like where your mind's going. I didn't think of that. Peep my last post though.
+3   

2 weeks ago '09        #62
wettems35 
space
space
space
Props total: 1300 1 K  Slaps total: 62 62
A person's follow count will still give them leverage I think
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #63
Drewsmit 
space
space
space
Props total: 9682 9 K  Slaps total: 1662 1 K

After the break we’ll discuss “hot girl suicide pacts”
+5   

2 weeks ago '04        #64
deziking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 14102 14 K  Slaps total: 1848 1 K
Hoes about to move to what is that sh*t lamesonly? Forgot the real name.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #65
PackerTrelli3 
space
space
Props total: 17162 17 K  Slaps total: 6838 6 K
 LostTenets said
The popping people will still be popping. Lolllllll
To themselves tho. The goal was to brag to everyone how many likes u get. To show your popularity.

It no one can see or get likes, who’s to say who’s getting more than who? Numbers don’t lie...
+4   

2 weeks ago '13        #66
space
space
 wettems35 said
A person's follow count will still give them leverage I think
I think so too but I thought this goes for the hoes with the 10k and under followers

2 weeks ago '07        #67
KeithHernandez 
space
space
Props total: 409 409  Slaps total: 21 21
 Gully Reloaded said
1.) There is no other comparable platform. People aren't going to start "jumping ship". The biggedt IG accounts are gonna stay exactly where they are because that's where their followers are.

2.) Of course nothing is "for the people" but it might be mutually beneficial for their users and the business model. My inital thought is that a small but growing percentage of their target users are opting out of social media due to the negative mental health effects of social media. How many millenials are quitting FB, IG, etc.? This gives them the "safe space" to entice the rest of their users back. Evidently it was enough of a problem to change up their features.

3.) No they aren't going to monetize likes. That sh*t doesn't matter. Their money comes from ad revenue and selling users' data first and foremost. There are millions of dollars in the FREE data we provided versus getting some users to pay $5 bucks for likes, trust. It's more profitable to stay free and get EVERYONE back into the fold so they can sell your habits to marketers which is where the real bag is.
I'm with you. I can't see monetizing likes either because that would mean Facebook/Instagram is going the micro transaction route for social networking, which is counterintuitive imo, because it's the easiest way to show people we really don't need this in our lives lol.

The second thought is definitely going to be the PR angle they push if this "test" proves successful. They'll talk about how they grew up on Instagram since 2012, and identified a social responsibility the same way Facebook did a while back when they got fake serious about political advertising and reshaping the news feed for friends and fam.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #68
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 22784 22 K  Slaps total: 926 926
 justin747 said
"Testing"

This.

They bout to push some premium "Instagram Business" package.

2 weeks ago '07        #69
KeepinItTrill 
space
space
Props total: 33207 33 K  Slaps total: 2585 2 K
 LOONATIK said
We gonna see what these hoes talents really are now lmao

+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #70
danneywilliams  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 9046 9 K  Slaps total: 9566 9 K
 Dab Papi said
Any tips on how to grow a page?
Encourage dialogue like asking questions in your posts, increase your presence by commenting on posts/accounts relevant to your product/content, keep your followers engaged by posting at least once every couple of days, collaborate with others and try to promote each other, get your content featured on those accounts that exist solely to promote others (sometimes you have to pay them)...

I'm sure I'm missing some but those are the rules I generally follow.
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #71
LeDicc James 
space
space
Props total: 479 479  Slaps total: 63 63
 danneywilliams said
How would removing likes solve anything? People are still going to post things that they think will garner a high number of comments.

Also, this:

I'm almost at 100k on my IG that I use for business built organically from the ground up and I don't like this idea at all.

Your work ethic will shine through brother. Don’t be worried about what nobody talking about online. Online is fantasy land. Credit to you for building a following . But being a good man is what really matter f an instagram like . Props to you on business player
+3   

2 weeks ago '13        #72
space
space
ig premium??

I’ll be dammed if I’m paying a subscription to post pics and update my stories for some damn likes
+8   

2 weeks ago '17        #73
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 87254 87 K  Slaps total: 9251 9 K
 Gully Reloaded said

1. Yet. Tik Tok is already making moves. I know it's different but people will move to it out of spite and just to be a part of the "newest thing".

2. People aren't really opting out like the say, they're just switching to other platforms. Once a social media platform loses traction, kids move quick and your platform can quickly become for "old people". Thats the beginning of the end.

3. Technically likes are already monetized. Ad Agencies use likes and views and hits and everything else as a metric to gauge how influential a post/campaign is. They use those like counts as a badge of honor vs the competition. IG is never gonna be a "safe space" if I have to watch a commercial between every IG story

This won't affect me either way so I'm not arguing out of anger. I barely use IG. This is just a pointless change IMO. It's unnecessary drama thats not needed.
+4   

2 weeks ago '14        #74
titans7 
space
space
Props total: 31859 31 K  Slaps total: 5554 5 K
A lot of guys like a picture as a way of flirting to see if she is interested instead of posting a horny desperate thirsty comment like the other simps with no shame. They think its better to simp in private and get shot down than getting shot down in public.
+4   

2 weeks ago '16        #75
ishVicious 
space
space
space
Props total: 3217 3 K  Slaps total: 352 352
 Johnnytusanmi said
That's always the risk of using someone elses platform for your business you move as they say.
Deep.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  31
Video inside The fbi siezed everything from omi in a hellcat (live stream)
226 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+119online now  24
Another reason why Jordan Goat isn’t just a movement, it’s a lifestyle
109 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+23online now  23
Movies you believe got the Ending wrong. Mine is Law Abiding Citizen. Spoilers..
71 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside PS5 to use SSD cartridges (?)
28 comments
19 hours ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy