Nov 7 - After speaking to Bill Gates, Elizabeth Warren posts billionaire calculator

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '06        #51
Verdict  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 3623 3 K  Slaps total: 438 438
 x Tha Arkitek x said
Bill Gates doesn't hoard his riches. He's putting it to use though the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Getting taxed on property is the personal a*sets is the stupidest idea ever --- there's no realistic way of even handling such a task. Warrens ideas are horrible. Y'all keep getting behind her and we'll be looking at Trump for another 4 years. Our top 3 candidates have some of the worst ideas...Biden is trash all around, Bernie & Warren have their hearts in the right place, but they're both taking the tax the rich ideas to the extreme.
Yeah he's the exception, the other 99% aren't. The luxury of tax loopholes and being able to get away from paying taxes by purchasing untaxed a*sets and holding it for life, then passing it down to their children, which btw also doesn't get taxed. All of that needs to be completely eliminated NOW. I agree that it seems like an impossible task, but something drastic has to change. The gap between the rich and poor shouldn't be getting wider and wider every second, literally every second. What a lot of us make in a month, they make in a single second.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #52
TheGreyOne 
space
space
Props total: 1401 1 K  Slaps total: 370 370
 Mr Scaramucci said
Yíall n*ggas love to hate on rich successful people donít yíall?
Itís easy
Hating is one of the easiest things you can do, living takes effort
n*ggas see these billionaires and what they accomplished and still only want to sit behind their phones and tap away at the screen begging to get some of their money because you stupid n*ggas are to lazy to make something out of yourself because the term hard work wrecks havoc on your immune systems

bi*ch a*s n*ggas, hope ya girl gets taxed while walking to her car late tonight
Man, it's literally mind blowing to read some of the comments here and on EW's IG. These n*ggas literally don't even understand the basic numbers, much less taxation. Almost every proponent of this abjectly ignorant in economics. It's shocking. One actually wrote on IG that Bill Gates "easily makes $10billion per year in investments". WHAT!!!!???? I mean, how do you even argue against that level of stupidity?

I really believe they think these people have rooms in their homes with piles of cash and gold coins ala Scrooge McDuck. They have NO idea what "worth" even means and cannot comprehend the concept. As such one cannot reason with them because they are arguing from non-reality. It's like talking to someone who truly believes in time-travel or Bigfoot.

2 weeks ago '15        #53
Mystic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
space
Props total: 46101 46 K  Slaps total: 17675 17 K
 yolaboy said
nothing and that's what they need to do, get. the fu*k. out. and agree to never come back

they contribute nothing and demand everything

they don't spend their money in any way that benefits the country that paved the way to their wealth, so there's nothing lost

let them find out how great it is to be rich under other governments
it's their money, they can spend it however they want
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #54
TheGreyOne 
space
space
 Verdict said
Yeah he's the exception, the other 99% aren't. The luxury of tax loopholes and being able to get away from paying taxes by purchasing untaxed a*sets and holding it for life, then passing it down to their children, which btw also doesn't get taxed. All of that needs to be completely eliminated. I agree that it seems like an impossible task, but something drastic has to change. The gap between the rich and poor shouldn't be getting wider and wider every second, literally every second. What a lot of us make in a month, they make in a single second.
This is seriously misinformed. And it is all predicated on wanting to place an arbitrary limit on others. Just admit an irrational hatred. I mean, 99%? Who came up with that number? And the gap can't get wider? No offense but if they're people who think like that and people who understand business and economics the gap can only get wider, year after year. The ONLY way to stop it would be for the ignorant to somehow accurately predict who would be successful in any given endeavor and stop them beforehand. Obviously impossible. So now the objective is to rob the successful after. If you have an idea and it's a failure- poor you. But if it's wildly successful...well, still poor you.

2 weeks ago '04        #55
x Tha Arkitek x 
space
space
Props total: 13093 13 K  Slaps total: 1921 1 K
 Verdict said
Yeah he's the exception, the other 99% aren't. The luxury of tax loopholes and being able to get away from paying taxes by purchasing untaxed a*sets and holding it for life, then passing it down to their children, which btw also doesn't get taxed. All of that needs to be completely eliminated NOW. I agree that it seems like an impossible task, but something drastic has to change. The gap between the rich and poor shouldn't be getting wider and wider every second, literally every second. What a lot of us make in a month, they make in a single second.
I prefer Andrew Yang's method of the UBI/Freedom Dividend at $1,000 per month...paid for with a VAT. Cost of items will increase, but you'd literally have to be spending in excess of $10,000 per month to be upside down on the UBI payout.

Yang in general makes a lot more realistic sense than any other candidate. I've disregarded him for the longest because all I kept hearing is "Freedom Dividend", but when you listen to him speak on the other issues for a bit, it just hits you --- dude just speaks the truth and has viable solutions that would have support. He's also the type of candidate who would garner more support from level-headed conservatives....because I can tell you now, there isn't single conservative who will tell you they'll back Warren or Sanders. I honestly feel that the front runners we have right now just are not it.

I'll just say that I recommend jumping on YouTube and watching Yang's interviews & the most recent debate.

2 weeks ago '15        #56
A T 
space
space
Props total: 7112 7 K  Slaps total: 1437 1 K
 sofreshgfx said
whats stopping these guys from giving up their us citizenship and taking their wealth to another country this is a serious question I am 100% retarded

There is a 40% exit tax if they denounce citizenship.
+3   

2 weeks ago '06        #57
space
space
 TheGreyOne said
This is seriously misinformed. And it is all predicated on wanting to place an arbitrary limit on others. Just admit an irrational hatred. I mean, 99%? Who came up with that number? And the gap can't get wider? No offense but if they're people who think like that and people who understand business and economics the gap can only get wider, year after year. The ONLY way to stop it would be for the ignorant to somehow accurately predict who would be successful in any given endeavor and stop them beforehand. Obviously impossible. So now the objective is to rob the successful after. If you have an idea and it's a failure- poor you. But if it's wildly successful...well, still poor you.
It's 2%! They'll survive you fu*king idiot
+4   

2 weeks ago '06        #58
space
space
 x Tha Arkitek x said
I prefer Andrew Yang's method of the UBI/Freedom Dividend at $1,000 per month...paid for with a VAT. Cost of items will increase, but you'd literally have to be spending in excess of $10,000 per month to be upside down on the UBI payout.

Yang in general makes a lot more realistic sense than any other candidate. I've disregarded him for the longest because all I kept hearing is "Freedom Dividend", but when you listen to him speak on the other issues for a bit, it just hits you --- dude just speaks the truth and has viable solutions that would have support. He's also the type of candidate who would garner more support from level-headed conservatives....because I can tell you now, there isn't single conservative who will tell you they'll back Warren or Sanders. I honestly feel that the front runners we have right now just are not it.

I'll just say that I recommend jumping on YouTube and watching Yang's interviews & the most recent debate.
I agree with you, I like Yang a lot. I love Marianna Williamson, but she has no chance in the race. Who we have leading is who we have, and that's far beyond better than the crook in office who, not even a joke, needs to be handed a single paged picture book when he's being briefed on matters that affects us, this country, and the world.

2 weeks ago '11        #59
Kade 
space
space
space
Props total: 8103 8 K  Slaps total: 5234 5 K
Honest... these tax plans seem shady. You don't get their money... the government does. I think I rather rich people keep the money. At least then it's in rotation.

2 weeks ago '15        #60
Rifle 
space
space
space
Props total: 944 944  Slaps total: 147 147
 sofreshgfx said
whats stopping these guys from giving up their us citizenship and taking their wealth to another country this is a serious question I am 100% retarded
Nothing will stop them unless politicians are willing to start putting guns to their heads and forcing them to remain in the US. The mere threat of a 75% tax on income over a million Euros caused some rich people to leave France.

2 weeks ago '07        #61
yolaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 17887 17 K  Slaps total: 1543 1 K
 Mystic said
it's our government and we can tax them however we want
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #62
space
space
 x Tha Arkitek x said
Bill Gates doesn't hoard his riches. He's putting it to use though the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
this is incorrect

his net worth is $106B and he makes about $14B per year

last year he gave just under $5B to the foundation
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #63
space
space
 x Tha Arkitek x said
He's also the type of candidate who would garner more support from level-headed conservatives....because I can tell you now, there isn't single conservative who will tell you they'll back Warren or Sanders. I honestly feel that the front runners we have right now just are not it.
this is a really dangerous narrative being pushed, it's this kind of talk that lost the last election

conservatives will vote Trump, this idea that they can be flipped is poisonous and wrong, Trump is delivering on every single thing that is important to the people who vote conservative, there is simply too much to lose in the minds of conservatives to entertain anything else, i know some conservatives claim they won't vote for him, but they will and they know it
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #64
hbk83 
space
space
Props total: 4392 4 K  Slaps total: 1091 1 K
They just need a flat tax. They created loopholes in the tax system so the rich can get out of paying what they are required to and the poor canít.
Stop making write offs and donations .. we tax you this amount out of your pay and you donít have to file. Take a set about from every person and Move on. sh*t is dumb. They take what they are supposed to take from me and I still have to pay them after. Smfh
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #65
cold_young_thug  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 6046 6 K  Slaps total: 1449 1 K
Damn his energy saying dat so stinky fu*kin filty rich. He said dat with full calm. Jesus. big rich talk
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #66
Tastemaker331 
space
space
Props total: 27738 27 K  Slaps total: 3664 3 K
Holy fu*k you dudes are broke
You’d probably live better lives if you focused on your own pockets instead of others

Mystic said
The first time you’ve said some real sh*t up here
Props

2 weeks ago '07        #67
DoctorNBA 
space
space
Props total: 7439 7 K  Slaps total: 5475 5 K
Y yall so angry with the billionaires? Jealousy aint healthy.

2 weeks ago '05        #68
bi0 
space
space
Props total: 8990 8 K  Slaps total: 953 953
 sofreshgfx said
Probably all the protections and luxuries there afforded by being US citizens. A lot of Billionaires have compounds in neutral countries.
+3   

2 weeks ago '06        #69
LGK 
space
space
Props total: 1818 1 K  Slaps total: 198 198
 Kdub31 said
Idk why they slapped your post cuz this is exactly what would happen. Iím sure most billionaires already have dual citizenship in tax haven countries. Theres literally no way billionaires will pay that if they dont want too.

Why wont they push to get rid of taxes for middle and lower class, raise the tax rate on corporations and leave private citizens alone. No family that makes 150,000 or less should have to pay any taxes. Theres families makes $60,000 a year and the government is taking money from them. And all anybody ever talks about is why arenít rich people paying more.

Instead of why is my broke a*s paying anything
i feel you as a fellow broke phi broke line brother...

but you're thinking too black and white.
we have to contribute SOMETHING to society..
i think instead of abolishing taxes WE the people should have more control over what the taxes is spent on (for the most part)

2 weeks ago '18        #70
Mr Tibbs 
space
space
Props total: 1629 1 K  Slaps total: 253 253
Mrs. Warren and all them career politicians can eat a bag of international flaccid p*nises.

2 weeks ago '17        #71
TheGreyOne 
space
space
 Verdict said
It's 2%! They'll survive you fu*king idiot
Only 2%? You're an admitted thief so I know you're also a liar...

2 weeks ago '06        #72
space
space
 TheGreyOne said
Only 2%? You're an admitted thief so I know you're also a liar...
What? lol What the fu*k are you talking about??
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #73
cuzjuan 
space
space
Props total: 4284 4 K  Slaps total: 1972 1 K
 Stand Down said
Got it. Would this be a permanent thing for 50 plus years if she is in office?

And is Accountable Capitalism Act still one of her plans?

She damn near as looney as Bernie
I don't know what those two other things you are referring to, but to help end global warming and poverty.. corporations and the really really rich can't continue to horde money.. if Bill Gates says he can pay 20 billion in taxes and not be mad.. and claim 100 billion would make him pull out a calculator... To you doesn't that seem insane that losing 100 B's would just make you pull out a calculator instead of starting a war? I would be or here k*lling everyone for that kinda money, unless... That ain't nothing to you!! What's a 100 Billion if you still got 1 billion left over? Money means nothing to you at that point because you make more than you could ever imagine spending or regular life things... No house, no car, no food, no diamonds, no jewels, no health procedure, no respectable amount of fuel for your car or jet could ever put a dent in that if you make tens of thousands dollars every second, feel me!
+3   

2 weeks ago '13        #74
PCDubya 
space
space
space
Props total: 3136 3 K  Slaps total: 448 448
 sofreshgfx said
Because when you leave the country, they tax that a*s.

Best case scenario is tax plan goes through and these rich folks invest their wealth in the stock market. They willnt pay tax still, but that much wealth thrown into the market will sure as hell boost the economy.
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #75
bi0 
space
space
Props total: 8990 8 K  Slaps total: 953 953
Warren plan makes sense. A wealth tax on people who don’t need the money and they’re lifestyle won’t take hit at all for paying there fair share of taxes.
+4   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  35
Video inside The fbi siezed everything from omi in a hellcat (live stream)
226 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+21online now  21
Article inside French Montana has been hospitalized in Los Angeles
321 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+125online now  21
Another reason why Jordan Goat isnít just a movement, itís a lifestyle
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  12
Image(s) inside PS5 to use SSD cartridges (?)
28 comments
21 hours ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy