Never Spend More Than This on a Car

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

2 weeks ago '17        #1
5183 page views
88 comments

Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
space
space
Props total: 72994 72 K  Slaps total: 16278 16 K
Never Spend More Than This on a Car

best
worst
88 comments

2 weeks ago '17        #2
arms 
space
space
Props total: 8203 8 K  Slaps total: 1167 1 K
Idk why you got slapped for this.

People are spending WAY too much on cars and I don't think most people are aware that the car industry in addition to the broader economy is about to implode. We get the data on a weekly basis.

Go ahead and slap this post. I'll make sure to @ you n*ggas when the recession is in full swing and cars are being repoed by the thousands.
+61   

2 weeks ago '18        #3
achoice 
space
space
Props total: 1333 1 K  Slaps total: 539 539
 arms said

People are spending WAY too much on cars and I don't think most people are aware that the car industry in addition to the broader economy is about to implode. We get the data on a weekly basis.

Go ahead and slap this post. I'll make sure to @ you n*ggas when the recession is in full swing and cars are being repoed by the thousands.
I hope it does, but haven't ppl been saying this for a while? when is this gonna happen cuz i been hearing it for over 2 years
+20   

2 weeks ago '17        #4
Thierry Henry 
space
space
Props total: 4780 4 K  Slaps total: 190 190
 arms said

a co worker's car just got repoed on tuesday, he had a 370z tryna pay it with a $14/hr salary
+68   

2 weeks ago '17        #5
arms 
space
space
 achoice said
I hope it does, but haven't ppl been saying this for a while? when is this gonna happen cuz i been hearing it for over 2 years
These things take time. We actually almost slipped into recession in 2015. It's the FED that's been propping the market up.

Currently there is almost $1.2T in outstanding auto loans. That is astronomical. The amount of people with subprime auto loans is staggering. 6 years ago the longest term was 72 months. Now I'm seeing people getting 84 and 96 month terms. WTF.

And the problems aren't just here either. From China to Germany, cars are a big problem.

We're already in a recession. It's just that they haven't announced it yet. They've been injecting billions of dollars into the banks every day for the past couple months. They've lowered interest rates 3 times this year alone. All this after claiming to be doing quantitative tightening. Now they're telling us not to call this QE4. THIS IS QE. If the economy weren't in such big trouble there'd be no need to do this because these are tools of last resort. Last time they did all this stuff was during the last recession.

I wouldn't advise anyone to take on a car loan right now.
+37   

2 weeks ago '17        #6
arms 
space
space
 Thierry Henry said
a co worker's car just got repoed on tuesday, he had a 370z tryna pay it with a $14/hr salary
A lot of people are in their cars at 40-50% of their income. That's ridiculous. If you live on your own there's no way you can pay for a 370z making $14.
+16   

2 weeks ago '18        #7
achoice 
space
space
Props total: 1333 1 K  Slaps total: 539 539
 arms said
These things take time. We actually almost slipped into recession in 2015. It's the FED that's been propping the market up.

Currently there is almost $1.2T in outstanding auto loans. That is astronomical. The amount of people with subprime auto loans is staggering. 6 years ago the longest term was 72 months. Now I'm seeing people getting 84 and 96 month terms. WTF.

And the problems aren't just here either. From China to Germany, cars are a big problem.

We're already in a recession. It's just that they haven't announced it yet. They've been injecting billions of dollars into the banks every day for the past couple months. They've lowered interest rates 3 times this year alone. All this after claiming to be doing quantitative tightening. Now they're telling us not to call this QE4. THIS IS QE. If the economy weren't in such big trouble there'd be no need to do this because these are tools of last resort. Last time they did all this stuff was during the last recession.

I wouldn't ever take on a car loan, or any type of loan unless it's for a house, even with interest after 30 years, it's hard to lose money since prices usually go up. I think right now it's smarter to buy a good used car instead of new, maybe an Accord or a Camry.
+11   

2 weeks ago '14        #8
DJ HiStakes 
space
space
Props total: 784 784  Slaps total: 264 264
Fugg dat we ball 10 percent is a hoopty I’m cool.
+4   

2 weeks ago '05        #9
HARBINGER 
space
space
Props total: 16144 16 K  Slaps total: 5300 5 K
fu*k this show

2 weeks ago '17        #10
Lazy 
space
space
space
Props total: 10714 10 K  Slaps total: 1302 1 K
 arms said

Car loans are also easy to take advantage of

Take out a loan at low payment

Dog the car out

Sell it and recoup value

Rinse and repeat

The amount taken out is never repayed

2 weeks ago '19        #11
Goop Hair It Is 
space
space
space
Props total: 7026 7 K  Slaps total: 1618 1 K
 Thierry Henry said
Insecurity is a muthafu*ka smh
+12   

2 weeks ago '19        #12
Thatdude31 
space
space
Props total: 1233 1 K  Slaps total: 96 96
It’s true you shouldn’t spend that kinda money on a car, but honestly it’s too each his own.

In a perfect world everyone is financially responsible and plans for the future has savings etc. But for some, that super fly Benz might be the only reason they come to work at all. So I try to lead by example and try not to pass judgement.

You never know what motivates people, so you just gotta let them live their life and try your best to meet them were they’re at.

If you can teach them better wonderful, if you can’t you tried.

Last edited by Thatdude31; 11-07-2019 at 11:08 PM..
+19   

2 weeks ago '05        #13
old head  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 30621 30 K  Slaps total: 2337 2 K
The average American doesn’t have $500 to spare in case of an emergency.

The average car payment in America is $400.

Common sense tells you what’s wrong here.

+56   

2 weeks ago '16        #14
postemupndunkit 
space
space
Props total: 32057 32 K  Slaps total: 4995 4 K
Man some of y’all mad smart , shout to y’all knowing man

Car industry is done
+14   

2 weeks ago '16        #15
Illogic 
space
space
Props total: 4499 4 K  Slaps total: 3163 3 K
Paid a 100k for Tesla it’s my summertime daily driver amazed by the car everyday. When I am in traffic bi*ches love me dudes hate I know why

Ode to Gucci Mane

Last edited by Illogic; 11-07-2019 at 11:26 PM..

2 weeks ago '13        #16
Afr0Centric 
space
space
space
Props total: 345 345  Slaps total: 12 12
 arms said

Youíre not lying. This report just came out.

WASHINGTON (AP) ó Consumer borrowing rose in September at a modest pace, driven by more student and auto loans, though a category that mostly includes credit cards fell for the second straight month.

The Federal Reserve said Thursday that overall consumer borrowing increased 2.8% to $4.15 trillion. A category that covers student and auto loans rose 4.2%, while credit card debt fell 1.2%.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/consumer-borrowing-rises-led-more-201927306.html
+5   

2 weeks ago '19        #17
maranello550 
space
space
space
Props total: 211 211  Slaps total: 34 34
 arms said

I remember seeing an 18 year old take out a car loan with 12 percent interest.And it was for a dodge charger.The total amount is like 1000 a month.
+14   

2 weeks ago '15        #18
isthistobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 30227 30 K  Slaps total: 5035 5 K
2020 looking ugly already
+10   

2 weeks ago '16        #19
space
space
Props total: 22551 22 K  Slaps total: 2830 2 K
10% sounds like common sense to me.

And if you're spending more than 80% gross salary on a vehicle.
+9   

2 weeks ago '14        #20
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
Props total: 21548 21 K  Slaps total: 4322 4 K
I don't think they read that sh*t right. Seems mad low. I think the expert was saying your debt service on a car note should never exceed 10% of your gross income.

$36,000/year = $300/month for car expenses. Not you should only buy a $3,600 car.
+17   

2 weeks ago '17        #21
Chrispy 
space
space
Props total: 1353 1 K  Slaps total: 242 242
This site needs many more threads like this
+20   

2 weeks ago '04        #22
eazyvaboy 
space
space
Props total: 21419 21 K  Slaps total: 1109 1 K
 arms said

He got slapped because he violated a long standing rule that BX veterans abide by. If you post a video like that, leave cliff notes underneath the video or summarize how much you are not supposed to spend instead of just making people watch a video.

Don't hate the messenger - just answering your question on why people are slappin his post.

+32   

2 weeks ago '06        #23
mrep3 
space
space
Props total: 11201 11 K  Slaps total: 1435 1 K
 Thierry Henry said
Damn wonder how he got the car in the 1st place
+3   

2 weeks ago '10        #24
jhust4ever 
space
space
Props total: 2078 2 K  Slaps total: 480 480
This dude think people by cars case all the time

2 weeks ago '07        #25
pete jr 
space
space
Props total: 4645 4 K  Slaps total: 588 588
Buy a car that you can afford.

Y’all trippin, too much in life isn’t guaranteed for you to not spend on what you’re passionate about. If you like cars create enough money to afford the car you want.
+15   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  25
2019 Black Friday deals?
73 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+18online now  25
Nov 18 - South Korea Ditches The US, Signs Defense Agreement With China
72 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  17
Christian Bale; Christopher Nolan declined to develop a sequel to 'The Dark Kn..
44 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+67online now  9
Video inside Gucci & OJ still on good terms
59 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy