Death Stranding Official Thread

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x4   |  3 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 week ago '06        #126
philly337 
space
space
Props total: 23426 23 K  Slaps total: 5992 5 K
 Opinion said
Very accurate review, pros and cons. Def peep this for those curious. In this thread I've seen some overrated, accurate, and straight up hating comments.
So ur a mailman with no car?
+1   

1 week ago '07        #127
Opinion 
space
space
Props total: 993 993  Slaps total: 71 71
 philly337 said
No offense, but did you even look at the video? If you did and that's all you took away from it then smh

1 week ago '08        #128
dwise919 
space
space
Props total: 7815 7 K  Slaps total: 1301 1 K
 jojothugadventu said

I dont get it lol
+1   

1 week ago '07        #129
Opinion 
space
space
 dwise919 said
I dont get it lol
He took in a huge haul, it can be quite difficult loadin all that up with no vehicle, while trying to keep your balance, dodgin bt's (the monsters), the humans, and while trying to find new routes, and more.
+1   

1 week ago '06        #130
philly337 
space
space
Props total: 23426 23 K  Slaps total: 5992 5 K
 Opinion said
He took in a huge haul, it can be quite difficult loadin all that up with no vehicle, while trying to keep your balance, dodgin bt's (the monsters), the humans, and while trying to find new routes, and more.
Yea that's why I'm asking...

Says its after an apocalypse or whatever and you have to transport food and supplies to people...

Watched him walk and walk and walk with containers strapped to his back

Then got a trike to transport

Then said you can zipline and build bridges to transport

Saw a mention of terrorist or something but didnt see them appear (started skipping through...was just walking for 10 minutes)

Looks like a game about backpacking across America

Which is why I asked...

Last edited by philly337; 11-09-2019 at 07:24 AM..

1 week ago '15        #131
Veggie Burgers 
space
space
Props total: 9255 9 K  Slaps total: 643 643
Got a free digital copy from Sony . I'll probably start it today or tomorrow depending how long it takes me to finish off the rest of the COD campaign.
+2   

1 week ago '17        #132
Bambammr7gram 
space
space
space
Props total: 150 150  Slaps total: 12 12
 TheMechXYZ said
Gonna have to wait on this one. Bills and living expenses got a n*gga on lock-down after getting temporarily laid off from my job. It hurt to take it off my Pre-Order list. Was really looking forward to this because I literally have nothing to enjoy myself with right now.
Destiny 2 is free also Nioh and outlast my brother if your on PS4. Iím in your boat too man been outta work almost two months now, and this sh*t looks amazing been watching the game since i couldnít play it

1 week ago '19        #133
jojothugadventu  OP
space
space
Props total: 2431 2 K  Slaps total: 269 269
 dwise919 said
I dont get it lol
It's the new wave , balancing 5 big boxes trying not to bust ya a*s and fumble the bag

Last edited by jojothugadventu; 11-09-2019 at 08:49 AM..
+1   

1 week ago '19        #134
jojothugadventu  OP
space
space
i got about 6 or 7 hours played. very strange game def GOTY tho

it reminds me of Final fantasy 15 a little bit... big huge beautiful masterpiece that at times seems to be held together by duct tape

the game goes from being cheesy to being fascinating at the blink of an eye

the cast, the acting, the cutscenes, the music, graphics etc all that sh*t is as good as it gets 10/10

the walking is really not tedious, each delivery is only a few mins long and not boring... its intense, f*ghting the environment , tripping and falling , , on the verge of bustin your a*s every sec, walking thru the rivers and gettin taken away by the current is dope

the most annoying part is getting lost and constantly having to open your map it bothers the sh*t outta me that they spam your map with a bunch of other bullsh*t icons and its confusing

sometimes they give u periods of repititive generic filler missions with no story and no cutscenes. talk to a hologram, get a box, deliver it, talk to a hologram again, combined with the fact they spam codec calls like MGS did, those are the only real cons...and sometimes the gameplay can be awkward if you just spam and rush thru it. take your time,relax, read, learn, do it slow

its honestly one of the best ps4 games ever made but its hard to reccomend to everyone cuz at the end of the day your jus a mail man... this is a shadow of the colossus type game if u know what i mean

Last edited by jojothugadventu; 11-09-2019 at 11:11 AM..
+3   

1 week ago '17        #135
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 22620 22 K  Slaps total: 909 909
Ima let yall niccas build the whole united states highway system for the next two years, then download this sh*t off PS Plus for the quick trophies.

+4   

1 week ago '07        #136
Opinion 
space
space
 philly337 said

Says its after an apocalypse or whatever and you have to transport food and supplies to people...

Saw a mention of terrorist or something but didnt see them appear (started skipping through...was just walking for 10 minutes)

Which is why I asked...
The online community and suspense make this game as it slowly builds with equipment upgrade, building, etc. Everyone who plays this will have a gear strapped usually, but it is not so simple as go to point a with this item then point B. The world is constantly changing around you (due to other porters building), more items and info is steadily coming to you, and the story grows.

This game is something you would have to play to understand. I know that sounds cheesy, but things are put into perspective real quick once you first step out, encounter your first bt, etc.
+6   

1 week ago '19        #137
jojothugadventu  OP
space
space
 deziking said
anyone know who made this music artist?

sh*t goes hard hans zimmer type of sh*t.
you can tell this game was inspired by xfiles and mass effect when this type of music starts playing in the story
+1   

1 week ago '18        #138
UPSTATE NY RAP 
space
space
space
Props total: 1545 1 K  Slaps total: 100 100
Game is interesting so far. Definitely has Metal Gear vibes
+2   

1 week ago '04        #139
gh3tto 
space
space
Props total: 5048 5 K  Slaps total: 921 921
 philly337 said
no you have a car

+5   

1 week ago '17        #140
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 42311 42 K  Slaps total: 9817 9 K
 Opinion said
The online community and suspense make this game as it slowly builds with equipment upgrade, building, etc. Everyone who plays this will have a gear strapped usually, but it is not so simple as go to point a with this item then point B. The world is constantly changing around you (due to other porters building), more items and info is steadily coming to you, and the story grows.

This game is something you would have to play to understand. I know that sounds cheesy, but things are put into perspective real quick once you first step out, encounter your first bt, etc.
Yo I never got to thank for them ladders and clues after the waystation bruh. Lets keep f*ghting the good f*ght broseph

Remember

Even if you cant get the supplies to the intended person

You can rest easy knowing you did your part.
+2   

1 week ago '07        #141
joshdogg26 
space
space
Props total: 18090 18 K  Slaps total: 2020 2 K
played for a couple hours so far and really enjoying it. saw people say the first few hours are a chore to get through, so that's encouraging. I'm concluding that only the instant gratification ADD generation will struggle with this game.

Last edited by joshdogg26; 11-09-2019 at 11:24 AM..
+5   

1 week ago '17        #142
space
space
Yo trust me on this, turn off the HUD

1 week ago '10        #143
TDP410 
space
space
Props total: 179 179  Slaps total: 17 17
Yo so should I cop or naw ? I’m interested but ain’t tryna waste 60 beans on some basura.
+1   

1 week ago '19        #144
jojothugadventu  OP
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Yo trust me on this, turn off the HUD
Good idea
+1   

1 week ago '11        #145
wjcorner  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 4022 4 K  Slaps total: 489 489
 philly337 said

Which is why I asked...
at it's core, yeah...he made a good analogy in the video though, by saying calling this a mailman game is akin to calling the Sopranos a gangster tv show...you wouldn't be wrong in calling the Sopranos that, but anybody who's truly watched the show would probably laugh at that categorisation of it and wonder how you missed the forest for the trees.
+5   

1 week ago '19        #146
jojothugadventu  OP
space
space
 TDP410 said
Yo so should I cop or naw ? Iím interested but ainít tryna waste 60 beans on some basura.
read my review a few posts up.

1 week ago '17        #147
space
space
 wjcorner said
at it's core, yeah...he made a good analogy in the video though, by saying calling this a mailman game is akin to calling the Sopranos a gangster tv show...you wouldn't be wrong in calling the Sopranos that, but anybody who's truly watched the show would probably laugh at that categorisation of it and wonder how you missed the forest for the trees.
Great way of putting this. Same goes for walking simulator
+2   

1 week ago '14        #148
El Caballero 
space
space
Props total: 38056 38 K  Slaps total: 3007 3 K
This is some very different sh*t.
I'm fu*king with it heavy so far.

I can understand how many would hate it though. If you're just used to cod and gears and that's it
+2   

1 week ago '18        #149
Blaffy 
space
space
Props total: 60639 60 K  Slaps total: 4988 4 K
Watching THERADBRAD on YouTube and some guy on twitch, game looks fun. The guy on twitch made a huge long zip line in the snowy mountains, looks amazing. He didn't have any boots on in the snow, delivered the package, and got a S rank. But his feet were super bloody, sh*t was crazy, he left bloody footprints all over the building floor
+3   

1 week ago '07        #150
Opinion 
space
space
 TDP410 said
Yo so should I cop or naw ? I’m interested but ain’t tryna waste 60 beans on some basura.
If call of duty is the thot you meet at the club, take home and smash from the club, then this game is the woman you get to know, wife, and grow old with.

It's an amazing game, but if you a ADD player who needs his !'s and kabooms right away this game isn't for you. Trust me, I'm not tryna diss anyone saying that because everyone plays and like games for different reasons.

Don't let anyone tell you this game is horrible, there is a reason it's getting glowing reviews and it ain't from aesthetics and being "just a mailman delivering stuff to rebuild america".

Last edited by Opinion; 11-09-2019 at 03:39 PM..
+4   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+27online now  27
Image(s) inside WTF: Every RAPPER In The GAME BOOKING PRICES LEAKED! & U WON'T BELIEVE..
175 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+37online now  24
Image(s) inside Are You Catching a Murder Case Over This?
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-40online now  16
Image(s) inside #metoo
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+23online now  10
Nov 16 - Prince Andrew BBC full interview in Epstein (Guilty as F***)
69 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy