Do you tip Uber/Lyft drivers?

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

2 weeks ago '04        #51
octane 
space
space
Props total: 4026 4 K  Slaps total: 843 843
Yes. I drove for lyft and uber, also. Working as a Wedding Dj and a Bell man, I learn to tip any and everybody I can unless they give me supper sh*tty service. The only lyft driver i didnt tip was this guy that seemed high and he was looking at his phone trying to select music on the highway. He did this after every song ended. His car was small and uncomfortable, also.

2 weeks ago '18        #52
Kodack sixnine  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12 OP
space
space
space
Props total: 28424 28 K  Slaps total: 7284 7 K
 Dookie LePoop said
You more likely to tell stories about exceptions or everyday happenings? You hear the stories because people love to talk about that time they got 1k for waiting a table 45 mins. Nobody wants to talk about the 5 bucks because it happens all the time.
I see celebs get put on blast if they tip poorly. There was that one person that got fired when they showed Peyton Manning tipping them a lot.

2 weeks ago '04        #53
youngen 
space
space
space
Props total: 456 456  Slaps total: 228 228
The video failed to talk about the lost business the cab industry suffered due to "ride sharing" apps. Kind of a critical point to leave out...

2 weeks ago '07        #54
killacar 
space
space
Props total: 10698 10 K  Slaps total: 735 735
 lb99 said
You don't pay them directly. You pay uber or Lyft then they pay the driver after taking their cut ( sometimes up to like 54% of the fare,) off top
Oh, I read Uber/Lyft took 20-25% if they taking over 50% then that's trash af

2 weeks ago '14        #55
Gottemscoped 
space
space
Props total: 1587 1 K  Slaps total: 591 591
 uoeno said
here's the thing. These people go above and beyond because they are expecting money out of u. thats the thing i hate. Why don't people go above and beyond because they genuinely like you / enjoy making people happy.

all that fake nice sh*t and forced convos to get money out of people is what i dont like.
When you look like money everyone wanna be friendly though.

2 weeks ago '09        #56
All Star Flow 
space
space
Props total: 2314 2 K  Slaps total: 679 679
I paid for the ride already (time and gas)
And gave you a 5 star rating smd

Do people who use public transportation tip the bus drivers?

The fu*k you tipping for, Uber used to not have a tip option

2 weeks ago '13        #57
lb99 
space
space
Props total: 2787 2 K  Slaps total: 283 283
 killacar said
Oh, I read Uber/Lyft took 20-25% if they taking over 50% then that's trash af
It depend on how large the fare is. They take a larger cut on smaller fares. Sometimes Lyft/uber get a larger cut than the driver on short rides. They recently stopped showing the drivers the total that passengers pay because drivers was raising hell after seeing the splits.

Lyft/uber some dirty mufu*ka. They also been sued for lying bout how much potential applicants will make.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #58
BLACK FIST 
space
space
Props total: 28382 28 K  Slaps total: 3255 3 K
nah, fu*k uber i still call for cabs. it's cheaper, and fu*k carpooling its fake defeating the purpose.. i can take the train for all of that. mostly women prioritize that sh*t in nyc.

2 weeks ago '16        #59
BraveSoleXIII 
space
space
space
Props total: 3530 3 K  Slaps total: 763 763
 uoeno said
what bugs me is people expecting handouts because someone is rich / wealthy.

i fu*king hate that mentality.
Feel you. Itís that same mentality that has people looking at you funny when you donít ball out on their Christmas or birthday present.

Iím by far the most financially stable one out of all my friends. When they started having their kids and birthdays would come around I would ask them what I should get the kids. The sh*t they would say their kids wanted was like $150 scooters and helmets and toys. That hurt me a little bit. But I didnít feel any pressure to get them what they asked for. Especially because they had the nerve to ask for the sh*t they did.
+3   

2 weeks ago '09        #60
K0ntrast 
space
space
Props total: 18794 18 K  Slaps total: 1570 1 K
Nope...

2 weeks ago '14        #61
Ivorypillars 
space
space
Props total: 24086 24 K  Slaps total: 1911 1 K
Always

3-5$, it aint a big deal to me

2 weeks ago '15        #62
KING SOULJA 
space
space
Props total: 20897 20 K  Slaps total: 10782 10 K
Iíve never been in an Uber or a Lyft

2 weeks ago '15        #63
bostonsteel7 
space
space
Props total: 750 750  Slaps total: 45 45
 BraveSoleXIII said
Also, Uber is so much more expensive than normal cabs it's insane. a cab from my train is $5 even. Depending on the time of fu*king day, an Uber the same distance can be $22. how does that work?
It must depend on the city or something bc its cheaper for me to use Lyft or Uber (7-8 at the max) than calling a normal cab (11-13.) Plus I could be waiting almost a half hour for a normal cab, but the longest I've waited for a lyft is 10 min...

On topic tho, I tip as long as I get where I need to as fast as possible, and as long as the driver stays quiet. And I always give them cash, fu*k tipping on the app
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #64
BraveSoleXIII 
space
space
space
 Kodack sixnine said
I see celebs get put on blast if they tip poorly. There was that one person that got fired when they showed Peyton Manning tipping them a lot.
Man the price is the price. If you want more charge me more. I hate the concept of having to tip someone more than the listed price. I tip food servers VERY well. But Iím not tipping a fu*king can driver. No.
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #65
BraveSoleXIII 
space
space
space
 bostonsteel7 said
It must depend on the city or something bc its cheaper for me to use Lyft or Uber (7-8 at the max) than calling a normal cab (11-13.) Plus I could be waiting almost a half hour for a normal cab, but the longest I've waited for a lyft is 10 min...

On topic tho, I tip as long as I get where I need to as fast as possible, and as long as the driver stays quiet. And I always give them cash, fu*k tipping on the app
I work in midtown Manhattan but live in westchester. Cabs are usually just parked outside the train station. If not, Iíll call an Uber/Lyft sometimes. But dispatched cabs are generally like $10-$15 cheaper than the apps.
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #66
I_GOT_DAT_PIFF 
space
space
space
Props total: 750 750  Slaps total: 84 84
 d*ckhead said
Its not like theyre making insane profits and then pocketing the money while you pay their employees by tipping. Uber and Lyft dont even break even, theyre both losing money every year. If rideshare services didnt have tips and paid their employees more themselves, the upfront cost of rides would go up to cover it.
Nah the sh*tty business would just go under faster. If the business model doesn't make sense, it doesn't make sense

2 weeks ago '07        #67
I_GOT_DAT_PIFF 
space
space
space
Props total: 750 750  Slaps total: 84 84
 uoeno said
here's the thing. These people go above and beyond because they are expecting money out of u. thats the thing i hate. Why don't people go above and beyond because they genuinely like you / enjoy making people happy.

all that fake nice sh*t and forced convos to get money out of people is what i dont like.
Cuz you an a**hole and nobody would be nice to you otherwise
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #68
IronicPessimist 
space
space
space
Props total: 3201 3 K  Slaps total: 1882 1 K
 Kodack sixnine said

Cliffs: Yes. Even goes into how youíre also supposed to tip cab drivers, and one of the main reasons cab drivers discriminate is due to the false belief that certain groups wonít tip them.
so true
you dont tip
they become your enemy
start calculating you
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #69
supa HF spitta 
space
space
space
Props total: 92 92  Slaps total: 378 378
 TreZ said
Rich people tip the least...

Poor people tip the most...

its crazy and true.. fu*king rich people are selfish pricks!!!
It's how the rich stay rich

2 weeks ago '04        #70
RIAA 
space
space
Props total: 3307 3 K  Slaps total: 355 355
I've always tipped when I take a Lyft.

2 weeks ago '04        #71
Mike T 
space
space
Props total: 37772 37 K  Slaps total: 5552 5 K
Always Dollar

2 weeks ago '14        #72
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
Props total: 21551 21 K  Slaps total: 4322 4 K
I always tip. 10% of trip or $20 for airport transfers.

2 weeks ago '13        #73
Chief Sosa 
space
space
Props total: 1383 1 K  Slaps total: 140 140
$5 tip min no matter the ride. I work in the service industry and sh*t is hard if people donít tip 20%+. 20% is considered standard if you get good service. If you tip less, theyíre remembering your face and you will wait next time youíre in. Only use Uber when Iím drinking and if it keeps a roof over they head then good. Driving Uber should be a liveable wave for these guys. The fare they make pays for gas/maintenance and my tip is what they work for imo
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #74
skillahmang 
space
space
Props total: 26514 26 K  Slaps total: 6224 6 K
Both sides are greedy and the comments show.

You want a car to pick you up at your convenience and get you anywhere in the city for less then 15 dollars, but dont think its a luxury.

Muthafu*ka get your broke a*s a bus pass.

God damn. This why yall talk so much sh*t about Artists, yall steal the music or pay 9.99 a month and all you can do is tell us how they should of done this or that better.

No bi*ch. You go out and make something then.

Society is rotting at its core, if you see what I am sayin. I love you. If you dont you are the problem! Dont @ me f*g**t. Look in the mirror and k*ll ya self.

2 weeks ago '19        #75
Kiwi 
space
space
space
Props total: 2590 2 K  Slaps total: 829 829
I hate tipping culture, does bank office people ask for tips. These driver , waiter earn pretty good living without tip. Bum

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+48online now  24
Image(s) inside Nov 18 - Congress Will Vote This Week to Legalize Marijuana Nationwide..
173 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  23
2019 Black Friday deals?
81 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  19
Video inside Breaking!! AR-Ab is convicted of running Drug Ring Implicated in Murders
202 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  18
Nov 19 - Man kills girlfriend, then impersonated her on social media
21 comments
23 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy