Do you tip Uber/Lyft drivers?

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

2 weeks ago '16        #26
galou 
space
space
Props total: 1179 1 K  Slaps total: 145 145
I will never tip uber or lyft. They're expensive.
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #27
Steelgrip 
space
space
Props total: 12702 12 K  Slaps total: 1067 1 K
I'm not tipping the cab

fu*king make Uber pay you. They got drivers by the balls and the cars don't even drive themselves yet.

+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #28
Based_One 
space
space
Props total: 14578 14 K  Slaps total: 1176 1 K
Yeah I tip em but then again I only use em when i'm out on vacation.

2 weeks ago '04        #29
Alf 
space
space
space
Props total: 19 19  Slaps total: 0 0
 TreZ said
Rich people tip the least...

Poor people tip the most...

its crazy and true.. fu*king rich people are selfish pricks!!!
100% agree with this when it comes to tipping. I was a valet at an mid-upscale hotel before grad school and there was a family that lived out of their car/hotel (got room bc the dad was a contract worker at some construction company) and they always tried to tip me $1-$2. That isn’t a large tip, but it was a lot for that particular family.

The hotel also had the contract for the entire local NFL team/coaches/staff to stay at before every home game. Rookie QB who just signed a record contract would tip the same $1-$2... linemen/kickers/punters tipped the best. Martin Sheen was the only major exception I noticed to rich people not tipping.

2 weeks ago '11        #30
Ichiban Mugen 
space
space
Props total: 637 637  Slaps total: 168 168
If you tip, tip the driver directly in venmo, cash, cash app, etc.

When you tip through the app, the app takes a cut and the driver may never get their cut. They use tips as part of the initial payment owed I've read and then just give drivers a lower tip from what's left. i.e. If you tip 5, 3 goes to the fare and 2 to the driver.

2 weeks ago '05        #31
Mattnutz114 
space
space
Props total: 153 153  Slaps total: 24 24
Get me there quick and keep your mouth shut and you got a tip
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #32
patt24 
space
space
Props total: 5680 5 K  Slaps total: 843 843
i dont take cabs or uber/lyft whatever but i always thought the tip was built in to the price?

2 weeks ago '16        #33
Boogie1790 
space
space
Props total: 24095 24 K  Slaps total: 4058 4 K
I drive uber and I wouldnt tip my a*s after paying 7 bucks for a mile and half ride
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #34
Boogie1790 
space
space
Props total: 24095 24 K  Slaps total: 4058 4 K
 Ichiban Mugen said
If you tip, tip the driver directly in venmo, cash, cash app, etc.

When you tip through the app, the app takes a cut and the driver may never get their cut. They use tips as part of the initial payment owed I've read and then just give drivers a lower tip from what's left. i.e. If you tip 5, 3 goes to the fare and 2 to the driver.
not tru

2 weeks ago '19        #35
zzxxccvvbb 
space
space
space
Props total: 4879 4 K  Slaps total: 682 682
 freshtoodef said
If u order takeout from a restaurant (Friday’s, Applebee’s ) do y’all still tip when u pick it up urself?
Round up the nearest bill if I pay cash (our bills start at 5)

2 weeks ago '19        #36
Dickhead 
space
space
space
Props total: 4587 4 K  Slaps total: 1637 1 K
 Kewop Decam said
I tip but I find it dumb. I’m subsidizing a multi billion dollar company because they can’t pay their workers right? Why? How is that my fault?
Its not like theyre making insane profits and then pocketing the money while you pay their employees by tipping. Uber and Lyft dont even break even, theyre both losing money every year. If rideshare services didnt have tips and paid their employees more themselves, the upfront cost of rides would go up to cover it.

2 weeks ago '18        #37
Mr Tibbs 
space
space
Props total: 1592 1 K  Slaps total: 253 253
Yes but I want the radio off.

2 weeks ago '08        #38
Kewop Decam 
space
space
space
Props total: 20118 20 K  Slaps total: 1790 1 K
 d*ckhead said
Its not like theyre making insane profits and then pocketing the money while you pay their employees by tipping. Uber and Lyft dont even break even, theyre both losing money every year. If rideshare services didnt have tips and paid their employees more themselves, the upfront cost of rides would go up to cover it.
it's a multi-BILLION dollar company that has billions in funding.... figure it out because their other employees don't need tips.

If tipping wasn't a thing they would have to figure it out and they would. I really find this sh*t to be weird because you legit have people f*ghting for million and billionaires when you don't tip other types of employees. If those other professions and businesses can figure it out there, why not here? It literally makes no sense and to me is an example of the small eating each other for the sake of what? Tradition?

Also, tipping was born in racism. It wasn't a nice gesture invention. I'll still do it because I'm about helping out my fellow wo/man but sh*t... it's dumb.

2 weeks ago '14        #39
Gottemscoped 
space
space
Props total: 1587 1 K  Slaps total: 591 591
I always tip 10$ when I eat and Uber. I was in Boston backbay last week and stayed at the colonnade and the greeter got my bags and took them up to the room and was a genuine person through him a 50. After that he would greet us and treat my wife and I with water and coffee as we walked out to enjoy the day
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #40
Swiph Mix 
space
space
Props total: 218 218  Slaps total: 15 15
I didn't watch this yet but I drive Uber from time to time to pick up a few bucks and tipping is appreciated. I also work in a tipping industry and I would recommend the same. It doesn't happen a whole lot, but it does happen more on longer trips rather than someone that needs to go a few blocks because they are lazy. Understand, nobody is begging for tips or playing the, "uber doesn't pay drivers enough" guilt trip, but it's nice.

When compared to waiter I think it's different. The waiter brings you food that they don't prepare themselves and services the client using the companies supplies (drinks, food, utensils, condiments etc). For Uber, the vehicle which you are in belongs to the driver and any snacks, water etc are provided and paid for by the driver to make your overall experience better. Not saying, you shouldn't tip waiters but it's different.

If you consider that you are riding in a back seat of a large sedan (which is what I drive), with comfortable leather seats, clean, and decent music (or no music if wish) to get you from A to B the fastest way possible (navigation) I don't think a tip is out of the question at all. Especially if you compare to a bus, train or taxi. Yes it's more expensive than other forms of transportation, except for taxi's maybe, but it's overall worth it compared to other options. As for Uber's pricing, they have gone down over the years and since they are in constant competition with Lyft, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Although, I do think Uber may have screwed up going public, at least this early.
They have reported big losses since since they went public and are losing money. I don't think Uber is going anywhere but there maybe some "changes" to the landscape if things don't get better form them and quickly.

2 weeks ago '04        #41
drawn 
space
space
Props total: 2834 2 K  Slaps total: 265 265
i tip, but amount varies on how well you do. i had one dude from UberEATS deliver my food in 15-20 minutes. dude was fast, polite, and conducted himself professionally. best believe i put some money in his pocket that day

on the other hand, had a bi*ch on Postmates take almost 2 hours to deliver. place wasn't even far, no more than 7-8 miles away. her estimated/delivery window was just 45 mins according to the app ... turned out to be a young high school lookin chick, and didn't seem to take her job seriously. driving, talking on her phone while approaching me with my food ...
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #42
Dookie LePoop 
space
space
Props total: 125 125  Slaps total: 52 52
 dasill said
Rich people tip the least
Gay people tip the most
Indian friends apartment. 3 million to own. Idk how much to rent. Never tips anyone.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #43
Oswaldgatesjr 
space
space
space
Props total: 21048 21 K  Slaps total: 7343 7 K
No I don't and here's why. Its phony! Why am I gonna give u more of my money for a job your are already doing? Why am I gonna give u more money, just because u faked act nice to me just to get more money?? That's phone baloney bullsh*t . Some dude awhile back tried to hard to get a tip as I got in the uber. Dude had bottled water and pepper mints on the floor in buckets and kept asking the whole ride did I want to grab one. I said no like 3 times.

Yea I understand that uber drivers dnt get paid anything blah blah blah but that isn't my fault. McDonald workers dont get tips. Chik fil a dont get tips, walmart workers dnt get tips ..so why exactly am I tipping u?? To act nice to me??

In fact let's get rid of the word tip altogether because its optional. Now if u had something called say "Additional drivers maintenance Fee" and it was mandatory that u had to pay it then that would be fine in my book.

For waiters/waitress..call it additional waiters/waitress fee. That's cool but just dnt call it a tip. U make it optional and u really think a n*gga gon pay something he really dnt have too??

fu*k what america has taught u and the "proper thing" to do. Ur not doing this out the kindness of your heart. Your doing it for more money which makes sh*t disingenuous. fu*k a tip. It gets me upset talking about it.
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #44
Dookie LePoop 
space
space
Props total: 125 125  Slaps total: 52 52
 Kodack sixnine said
I feel like rich people tip a lot, especially famous people.
You more likely to tell stories about exceptions or everyday happenings? You hear the stories because people love to talk about that time they got 1k for waiting a table 45 mins. Nobody wants to talk about the 5 bucks because it happens all the time.

2 weeks ago '16        #45
BraveSoleXIII 
space
space
space
Props total: 3532 3 K  Slaps total: 763 763
I used to but i got out of the habit for giving away money for no reason. i used to tip just about everyone for every fu*king thing. buy some halal food: $5? take $6. Cab costs $15? take $17. that's a disgusting habit, especially being a poor person like myself. It's that "if i eat, we all eat" mentality. I got out of that like 3 years ago.
+2   

2 weeks ago '13        #46
uoeno 
space
space
space
Props total: 30438 30 K  Slaps total: 6746 6 K
what bugs me is people expecting handouts because someone is rich / wealthy.

i fu*king hate that mentality.
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #47
BraveSoleXIII 
space
space
space
Props total: 3532 3 K  Slaps total: 763 763
Also, Uber is so much more expensive than normal cabs it's insane. a cab from my train is $5 even. Depending on the time of fu*king day, an Uber the same distance can be $22. how does that work?
+1   

2 weeks ago '13        #48
uoeno 
space
space
space
Props total: 30438 30 K  Slaps total: 6746 6 K
 Gottemscoped said
I always tip 10$ when I eat and Uber. I was in Boston backbay last week and stayed at the colonnade and the greeter got my bags and took them up to the room and was a genuine person through him a 50. After that he would greet us and treat my wife and I with water and coffee as we walked out to enjoy the day
here's the thing. These people go above and beyond because they are expecting money out of u. thats the thing i hate. Why don't people go above and beyond because they genuinely like you / enjoy making people happy.

all that fake nice sh*t and forced convos to get money out of people is what i dont like.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #49
QdobaCasanova 
space
space
Props total: 34244 34 K  Slaps total: 8004 8 K
 BrooklynStiles said
If you’re gonna tip, use cash. They get taxed on the “on-app” tips.
Damn I been tipping 10% since idk when.

Thanks tho
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #50
jharlem0500  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 13690 13 K  Slaps total: 4084 4 K
On y’all got money

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  25
2019 Black Friday deals?
82 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  23
Nov 19 - Man kills girlfriend, then impersonated her on social media
24 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+48online now  23
Image(s) inside Nov 18 - Congress Will Vote This Week to Legalize Marijuana Nationwide..
175 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+64online now  10
Jim Rome fully and correctly breaksdown what REALLY happened with Kap
213 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy