Rules to Surviving in Newark, NJ

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
179 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section wild 'ish

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 week ago '07        #151
skeemz 
space
space
space
Props total: 4011 4 K  Slaps total: 232 232
newark, irvington, camden are all rough. Only rule I follow is be prepared to get them before they get you.

I'm not here trying to glorify the violence tho.
+1   

1 week ago '14        #152
Doc Logical  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
space
space
Props total: 80027 80 K  Slaps total: 23696 23 K
Know that the path train closes at 10...

1 week ago '08        #153
Imagin3 
space
space
Props total: 5631 5 K  Slaps total: 860 860
 59fifty said
Whatchu know about mayhem
Somebody get shot somebody gotta die n*gga

1 week ago '17        #154
LeG.O.A.T 
space
space
Props total: 52198 52 K  Slaps total: 38322 38 K
 KingBud said
sh*t tru for everywhere cuh
Y'all n*ggas haven't moved to beautiful safe suburbs yet?

Yikes

1 week ago '16        #155
Strong Side Iso 
space
space
Props total: 15419 15 K  Slaps total: 2671 2 K
 cal classick said
They just caught one of my neighbors slipping yesterday . I’m in da Ivy Hill section of Newark.
Salute to Ivy Hill.

I live in Brooklyn but my apartment I rent out is on Dayton St close to the cemetary. I'm out there every day.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #156
RollTideCowboy 
space
space
Props total: 3263 3 K  Slaps total: 228 228
You sleep if you think this only applies to your city lol

1 week ago '12        #157
Bravo Golf 
space
space
space
Props total: 7425 7 K  Slaps total: 570 570
 Oswaldgatesjr said
I follow these rules in norfolk bruh

Stay dangerous yall
I had to learn these rules the hard way.

Someone caught me lacking in Norfolk back in '04. I was leaving my boy's crib around 1AM after playing NFL 2K5 all night, and dude walked up on me as I was sitting in my car about to leave. I saw him walking up, but I figured he lived in the building or something. I greeted dude with a head nod, and he greeted me back with a pistol in my face. Lost $19 that night, which I only had on me because my boy paid me back for copping the 2K for him.

1 week ago '12        #158
Bravo Golf 
space
space
space
 cal classick said
They just caught one of my neighbors slipping yesterday . I’m in da Ivy Hill section of Newark.
I spent my first few years of life in the Ivy Hill Apartments. My mom and I ended up moving to VA when I was 5 because she didn't want me growing up in that environment.

1 week ago '14        #159
Infamous Ray 
space
space
space
Props total: 147 147  Slaps total: 5 5
 Ricky Retardo said
This is basic sh*t for everywhere

I tell yall something... just because the Prudential center is Downtown, dosen't mean you won't get robbed at gunpoint on market and broad st.

Its happened.
In Broad Daylight too !!!
+1   

1 week ago '10        #160
TheGift 
space
space
Props total: 12736 12 K  Slaps total: 663 663
I think somebody just clowning, but there was a time when Newark was wild. Lived out there from 2001-2008. It’s much calmer these days when I go to see my peoples, but certain areas the tension still thick as fu*k. Broad & market forming into little manhattan. seems like they’re eliminating the small businesses. Sad sh*t to see. My Newark n*ggaz, any of y’all familiar with sugar daddy’s on Halsey? I’m sure y’all are, but man. Gotta slide in there everytime I’m round the way.

Irvington still wild as sh*t btw.

Last edited by TheGift; 11-08-2019 at 07:53 AM..
+1   

1 week ago '10        #161
TheGift 
space
space
Props total: 12736 12 K  Slaps total: 663 663
 Strong Side Iso said
I'm a Newark n*gga lol. Here's other rules;

- After 6:00PM, dont stop at any red lights unless you have to. Just creep thru.

- Don't pull up right behind a car at a red light either. Leave a space ahead of you if you gotta bust a move, if somebody try to jack you. But they taught me this at driving school.

- If you hear your car alarm going off, don't go outside. That's how they try to get you.

- Dont walk thru Weequaic park along the trail at night. They will rob you and push you into the lake. Every..... time.

- If you a Domino delivery man, stay yo a*s off of South 12th thru South 20th. The wolves like pizza and your car.

Weequaic one is super Factz. I used to work out with some old timers out there every now and then, but yea. After midnight is stick up hours. I was in the north ward, but went to school in the central, and few of my homies is from the south. Crazy. HS branch brook park skating rink days>>>>>
+1   

1 week ago '18        #162
Oswaldgatesjr 
space
space
space
Props total: 20970 20 K  Slaps total: 7319 7 K
 Bravo Golf said

Someone caught me lacking in Norfolk back in '04. I was leaving my boy's crib around 1AM after playing NFL 2K5 all night, and dude walked up on me as I was sitting in my car about to leave. I saw him walking up, but I figured he lived in the building or something. I greeted dude with a head nod, and he greeted me back with a pistol in my face. Lost $19 that night, which I only had on me because my boy paid me back for copping the 2K for him.
What area?

1 week ago '04        #163
patt24 
space
space
Props total: 5666 5 K  Slaps total: 843 843
 59fifty said
sh*t a n*gga tried to rob me on the turnpike once
pretty sure dudes tried to get me on the tpke a few years ago thinking i was a chick cause of the car... we were headed to AC for the weekend for 1 of the dudes bachelor parties, stopped at a rest stop got some coffee and sh*t.. came back out and started driving... about a mile or 2 my tire light went off and i had a flat... i noticed a van going really slow in the left... me and the 2 other guys in the car got out to check out the tire and the van sped past us. The tire was punctured on the wall.

moral of the story... dont drive the universal RN car and they wont think youre a helpless woman.

Last edited by patt24; 11-08-2019 at 01:25 PM..
+1   

1 week ago '12        #164
Bravo Golf 
space
space
space
 Oswaldgatesjr said
What area?
Right by ODU. We were both students there at the time, and he was renting an apartment right next to that shut down school on Hampton Blvd, just before Ghent.

1 week ago '18        #165
Oswaldgatesjr 
space
space
space
Props total: 20970 20 K  Slaps total: 7319 7 K
 Bravo Golf said
Right by ODU. We were both students there at the time, and he was renting an apartment right next to that shut down school on Hampton Blvd, just before Ghent.
Oh yea a parkplace cat got u. They stay robbin out of town odu students.

1 week ago '04        #166
Yd4001 
space
space
Props total: 2581 2 K  Slaps total: 263 263
 4REAL said
You want to mess with Newark women? That's probably an easy way to get setup. You might want to use your right head on that one and not the one in between your legs.

When and where in Newark did this happen?

Earlier this year in May

1 week ago '05        #167
4REAL 
space
space
Props total: 14358 14 K  Slaps total: 4412 4 K
 Yd4001 said

Earlier this year in May
Oh yes, correct! I think you made a thread on this. And I think I was in there. Wasn't he a hustler, though? I vaguely remember researching and coming across something about him hustling on someone's block. Did you or your family ever get anymore details or leads?

1 week ago '05        #168
Tonero 
space
space
Props total: 6335 6 K  Slaps total: 1947 1 K
This is the wave in many shady spots but some people think its sweet

1 week ago '05        #169
Tonero 
space
space
Props total: 6335 6 K  Slaps total: 1947 1 K
 Bravo Golf said

damn he nodded back, lol

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  33
Video inside Midsommar is fu-king terrifying.
92 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-23online now  24
Video inside 8 Rappers that are From the Suburbs
154 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+128online now  13
Steelers Mason Rudolph Supports Anti-Kaepernick, Trump, Tomi Lahren
109 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+17online now  10
Image(s) inside It’s official now... Dwayne Johnson Confirms he’s playing Black Adam #..
53 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy