[FILM ROOM] EPISODE 4: Two Weird Movies

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 weeks ago '04        #1
992 page views
41 comments

Exs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
Props total: 45775 45 K  Slaps total: 11145 11 K
[FILM ROOM] EPISODE 4: Two Weird Movies

Links:

SPOTIFY: visit this link https://open.spotify.com/ .. G2Zxw1q5wnj50W

iTunes: visit this link https://podcasts.apple.co .. ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Big shout out to the whole BX family who's been supporting us.

In 3 weeks we're at 300+ listens and 50+ subscribers.

For a long form movie podcast on Episode 4.... We are more than happy with that for now.

------------------------------------------------------------------

We're trying something a bit different with this one though.

Analyzing two movies... IN DEPTH and on the fly.

Movie #1: Under the Silver Lake (2018)

Movie #2: Enemy (2013)

Roll CALL!!!

@DamianDragunov @BXLeaks @Veggie Burgers @Truthseeker007 @jtdatruth @jtdatruth @Doc Logical @SPdaGOAT @LeMar G @OldBusiness @TaxStoneCooked @Juliette DaBlok @ @LOONATIK @Sir_Burn_Alot @justin747 @Mystic @krissow @Qbert
@bibbyboi @TroyNY @jboxden @Esco504 @baku @Mr Scaramucci @Rule 336 @TheRiverStyx @FrescoB @Scorpz @PROV @Blaffy @Swade009 @blackexcellence @diamondsxmoney @Chalky @Naga Sadow@peto @Hakeem @dweezy @bourne1978 @OldBrooklyn7187 @Heroinadidas @eleetmatt @RileyEsco @CrossRoads99 @DiegoRivera @Bidam7 @Sir_Burn_Alot @rell923 @Michael C. Will @BOLO1 @Bloodpantha @TrillSp @Chedda @Hellmatic @Preacher Mane @KeepinItTrill
@Real @Gold Face @RileyEsco @CrossRoads99 @DiegoRivera @Bidam7 @Sir_Burn_Alot @rell923 @Michael C. Will @BOLO1 @Bloodpantha @TrillSp @Chedda @Hellmatic @Preacher Mane @KeepinItTrill @Real @Gold Face @Rhyming Joints @True School 2 @Sucka Repellent @Ron Swanson @WavyGnu @WaveForLife2 @messy marv stan @Avon_Barksdale @Knowledgeable @Ant McQueen @HIGH LVLD @Illuminati 8ob @Shhon @True School 2 @WorldDominance @YOURKINGB4EVER @iswerve @Ravishing @MULVTTX @stutteringrap @RubbahBandMayn @Ugur25 @JarlesBronson @Givenchyx @rello99 @The Consultant @timdog @postemupndunkit @ThunnLanguage @PaperBoy971 @smokeytheblunt2 @Thworldisyours @dubsax @halfadash @bmf24eva @SPdaGOAT @JayStillPaid @HolyFatherSteve @REALHIPHOP @A-L-P @freebiggavel @demari @O1as @Rockstar718 @C.R.I.P. @TheRealFetti @dacoolestg @LumiHeights @theillest11 @KeepinItTrill @backtrack @LordOfSwag2020 @The batman @foshoVoodoo @illEskobar @datVAkid @Nut-In-Honeys @mumbosauce @Pretty Tone @OGpremo @MiNimE3 @InfamousJ @DavidAames @mumbosauce @tokinjohn @Eddiemia07 @DRockBSP @Eclectic @Clyde @vandalizm @potorico1 @Bighempin of QM @Ant McQueen @HIGH LVLD @YOURKINGB4EVER @iswerve @Ravishing @ThePainkiller @stealthm91 @jigga_benjamin @THEDONN @Two 40 Shorty @MilliRock @CheebaHawk21 @Sk8bamboo @Machine @OldBusiness @jvee @ChickBoss414 @PROV @Cartel-Clipz @LightWeight @ThatNigg22 @RubbahBandMayn @Ugur25 @JarlesBronson @Givenchyx @rello99 @The Consultant @timdog @postemupndunkit @ThunnLanguage @PaperBoy971 @smokeytheblunt2 @Thworldisyours @dubsax @halfadash @bmf24eva @SPdaGOAT @JayStillPaid @HolyFatherSteve @REALHIPHOP @A-L-P @freebiggavel @demari @O1as @Rockstar718 @C.R.I.P. @TheRealFetti @dacoolestg @LumiHeights @theillest11 @KeepinItTrill @backtrack @LordOfSwag2020 @The batman @foshoVoodoo @illEskobar @datVAkid @Nut-In-Honeys @mumbosauce @Pretty Tone @OGpremo @MiNimE3 @InfamousJ @DavidAames @mumbosauce @tokinjohn @Eddiemia07 @DRockBSP @Eclectic @Clyde @vandalizm @potorico1 @Bighempin of QM @Tha TC @buffaloSouldier @METABaron @BLACK FIST @akverse47 @consigliereA @The_Most_H8ed @P DRILLA @Aesop730 @Kingme @BathWaterMelody @kriskross00 @bnw99 @No Religion @USC @Skilly713 @Pythagoras @biscuit @SFamilyRep

Last edited by Exs; 11-06-2019 at 11:55 AM..
+19   

best
worst
41 comments

2 weeks ago '17        #2
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 71137 71 K  Slaps total: 31961 31 K
Enemy was such a confusing movie. I think that film is for the pretentious film goers. What was up with that ending? Was all that stuff real or was it just a dude with split personality/paranoia
+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #3
Venxm 
space
space
Props total: 1487 1 K  Slaps total: 170 170
I like the work for the podcast, I hope you guys keep the content consistent. I know once you guys find the proper niche for the show, it will skyrocket.
+4   

2 weeks ago '04        #4
Exs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5 OP
space
space
 Rule 336 said
Enemy was such a confusing movie. I think that film is for the pretentious film goers. What was up with that ending? Was all that stuff real or was it just a dude with split personality/paranoia
I can respect it. It definitely challenges the viewer and that's not everyone's cup of tea.

If you want a breakdown from a real one though....

jump to the 65-66 minute mark

We get it all covered!
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #5
space
space
 Venxm said
I like the work for the podcast, I hope you guys keep the content consistent. I know once you guys find the proper niche for the show, it will skyrocket.
We will and we wanna diversify out episode structure too. Thank You!!!
+2   

2 weeks ago '08        #6
Venxm 
space
space
Props total: 1487 1 K  Slaps total: 170 170
 Exs said
We will and we wanna diversify out episode structure too. Thank You!!!
Good, because I've been actually looking for a cool film podcast & you've guys started right before the holidays. I hope you guys wrap up the year well & keep trucking. Much appreciated & I'm following you guys now & listening at work.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #7
space
space
 Venxm said
Good, because I've been actually looking for a cool film podcast & you've guys started right before the holidays. I hope you guys wrap up the year well & keep trucking. Much appreciated & I'm following you guys now & listening at work.
We've got some fun topics in store for the holidays. You know how it goes if you're a movie buff... Even real ones like to feel that romantic holiday vibe every once in a while... we bout to get vulnerable in this bi*ch lol
+3   

2 weeks ago '08        #8
Chedda  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 54356 54 K  Slaps total: 2881 2 K
Gonna listen right now as I work on some stuff for work.
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #9
BXLeaks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 620 620  Slaps total: 123 123
Under the Silver Lake is underrated AF. Anxious to hear y'all break it down

Podcast is fire!
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #10
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 10544 10 K  Slaps total: 926 926
Just followed. Good looking out

+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #11
PROV 
space
space
Props total: 54716 54 K  Slaps total: 10868 10 K
Suggestions for future episodes:

Paradise Now! (2007) - two Palestinian brothers plan to k*ll themselves in a suicide mission while an Israeli woman tries to stop them. Very controversial and was denied award consideration because ________ behind the scenes didn't want a film with neutral representation of Palestinians

Heart of Glass (1974) - Herzogs magnum opus. All actors were hypnotized besides the lead. Ten dollars in Hd on Amazon prime. Buy it because DVDs are hard to come by and this is higher quality.

Mulholland Drive (2001) - the de facto weird movie where people still piecing it together. It's sequel inland empire is a even weirder and only makes sense if you have seen this one first , preferably the night before.

Lost Highway (1997) - more Lynch, more theories and no consensus on plot or meaning. Supposedly the movie is an allegory of OJ Simpsons state of mind during the alleged murders
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #12
DavidAames 
space
space
Props total: 13028 13 K  Slaps total: 693 693
OP good looks!

Subscribed...

Last edited by DavidAames; 11-06-2019 at 02:11 PM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '08        #13
Chedda  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 54356 54 K  Slaps total: 2881 2 K
This is a oldie but goodie. I think its hilarious. Give it a go if you have never seen it.

+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #14
space
space
 PROV said
Suggestions for future episodes:

Paradise Now! (2007) - two Palestinian brothers plan to k*ll themselves in a suicide mission while an Israeli woman tries to stop them. Very controversial and was denied award consideration because ________ behind the scenes didn't want a film with neutral representation of Palestinians

Heart of Glass (1974) - Herzogs magnum opus. All actors were hypnotized besides the lead. Ten dollars in Hd on Amazon prime. Buy it because DVDs are hard to come by and this is higher quality.

Mulholland Drive (2001) - the de facto weird movie where people still piecing it together. It's sequel inland empire is a even weirder and only makes sense if you have seen this one first , preferably the night before.

Lost Highway (1997) - more Lynch, more theories and no consensus on plot or meaning. Supposedly the movie is an allegory of OJ Simpsons state of mind during the alleged murders
Thank you very much for this list. I think we can dedicate a whole episode to WEIRD AS fu*k movies.... and I have only seen Mulholland Drive from the list but now I wanna binge em all!
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #15
PROV 
space
space
Props total: 54716 54 K  Slaps total: 10868 10 K
 Exs said
Thank you very much for this list. I think we can dedicate a whole episode to WEIRD AS fu*k movies.... and I have only seen Mulholland Drive from the list but now I wanna binge em all!
Best David Lynch movies: (in order of release)

1977 ERASERHEAD
1980 THE ELEPHANT MAN
1986 BLUE VELVET
1990 WILD AT HEART
1997 LOST HIGHWAY
2001 MULHOLLAND DRIVE

2 weeks ago '14        #16
Bigboi781 
space
space
space
Props total: 5134 5 K  Slaps total: 2295 2 K
 Rule 336 said
No it wasnít real man lmao. You didnít pay attention if you didnít get that much
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #17
space
space
 Bigboi781 said
No it wasnít real man lmao. You didnít pay attention if you didnít get that much
ol boy had some serious issues with commitment and honestly with the kind of life he wanted to live. I think most men are faced with similar situations throughout life and how we handle them and the choices we make end up defining us to a degree.

That's why I love that movie. It really is a peek inside the mind of man if you let it be
+2   

2 weeks ago '14        #18
Bigboi781 
space
space
space
 Exs said
ol boy had some serious issues with commitment and honestly with the kind of life he wanted to live. I think most men are faced with similar situations throughout life and how we handle them and the choices we make end up defining us to a degree.

That's why I love that movie. It really is a peek inside the mind of man if you let it be
I thought the movie was genius. Perfect showcase of an identity crisis. The only thing that was confusing to me was the recurring theme of the spider.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #19
space
space
 Bigboi781 said
I thought the movie was genius. Perfect showcase of an identity crisis. The only thing that was confusing to me was the recurring theme of the spider.
give our podcast a shot. We started talking about Enemy at the 65 min mark.

and I've seen the movie 4 times and actually had revelations as we were discussing it... about the spiders too.

my buddy said they represented the women in his life.... I went past that and said it wasnt just the women but control.
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #20
Bigboi781 
space
space
space
 Exs said
give our podcast a shot. We started talking about Enemy at the 65 min mark.

and I've seen the movie 4 times and actually had revelations as we were discussing it... about the spiders too.

my buddy said they represented the women in his life.... I went past that and said it wasnt just the women but control.
Iíll check it out for sure man. I like your insight
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #21
space
space
 Bigboi781 said
Iíll check it out for sure man. I like your insight
and I love engaging about cool sh*t with people willing to do it.... some day this will be a lot easier than typing sh*t out online... believe that
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #22
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 98483 98 K  Slaps total: 24271 24 K
weird movies is something that interest me.
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #23
nukchristo 
space
space
space
Props total: 301 301  Slaps total: 48 48
Nice, subscribed. I'll check it on the road tomorrow.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #24
space
space
 strungout said
weird movies is something that interest me.
I tell ya bro. We had a lot of fun with this ep so we might just do weird movie breakdowns on the fly as time passes because as we were discussing some sh*t from these two our minds were working overtime and it was a blast

have u seen either of these movies?
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #25
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 98483 98 K  Slaps total: 24271 24 K
 Exs said
I tell ya bro. We had a lot of fun with this ep so we might just do weird movie breakdowns on the fly as time passes because as we were discussing some sh*t from these two our minds were working overtime and it was a blast

have u seen either of these movies?
yeah it seems like you guys were in your element in this one particularly..

I have seen maltese falcon and I heard the song piano man , the other stuff I have had to look up and put it on my "watch list" :mikesmile:
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  51
2019 Black Friday deals?
58 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+26online now  39
Video inside Nov 19 - LIVE 9am Official PEACH MINT Extortion Hearings DAY 3 (William..
874 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+33online now  15
Article inside Welp : Marvel Studios to 'redeem' Hulk following "Endgame"
67 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside Surgery for six-packs: the rise of Drake's plastic surgery