Why so many black people love Kung Fu movies

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 weeks ago '17        #26
LeG.O.A.T 
space
space
Props total: 52365 52 K  Slaps total: 38377 38 K
I'm black and haven't seen a single movie in the OP and never watched anime.

2 weeks ago '17        #27
StanlitoTheFly  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
space
space
Props total: 22095 22 K  Slaps total: 4227 4 K
 Sanshirō said

I keep saying it, black people are the same everywhete you go in the world. Jet Li, Jackie, Bolo, The Bodyguard, Black Mask, nekkid Weapon, My Father Is A Hero, Snake In The Eagle's Shadow... No wonder why we love Anime too
Come on Lonny

Your breakdown game should gain you 8 Mile fam
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #28
Rudboi 
space
space
space
Props total: 689 689  Slaps total: 95 95
No Bruce leeroy? No sho nuff?
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #29
Wizzarino 
space
space
Props total: 6258 6 K  Slaps total: 516 516
How the hell you got 4,000 posts in one year?

2 weeks ago '04        #30
Wizzarino 
space
space
Props total: 6258 6 K  Slaps total: 516 516
 LeG.O.A.T said
I'm black and haven't seen a single movie in the OP and never watched anime.
Stop. You're not black...

+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #31
Emperor85 
space
space
space
Props total: 10510 10 K  Slaps total: 2693 2 K
 xbossxplayax said
didnt realize he played the front man of the crazy 88 in KB1 and pai mei in KB2 (the very same villain he defeated!) until years later

back to the topic though... the opportunity to see someone that looks like u to be the protagonist (esp. after watching your own kind on the silver screen either dying early or being nothing but the bad guy's underling for YEARS) was most seriously the biggest get off. then pile on the can't-fail ingredients such as the underdog usurping the established power, coming of age, and pseudo-enlightenment that's real easy to swallow and requires little to no thinking, etc.

2 weeks ago '05        #32
projectd06 
space
space
Props total: 15510 15 K  Slaps total: 4438 4 K
Everyone likes king fu.....
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #33
projectd06 
space
space
Props total: 15510 15 K  Slaps total: 4438 4 K
 JugHead said

Hand to Hand, Martial Arts, etc. Started in Egypt

If you know you know

You clearly dont know.

2 weeks ago '18        #34
stutteringrap  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
space
Props total: 14533 14 K  Slaps total: 12154 12 K
 Boogie1790 said
not on no ignorant sh*t but we like to f*ght. We like the thrill of hand to hand combat. At least I do.
yep. from like 5 to 20? bruh but once you hit 20 them knockouts and getting slept and punching start to break bones and jawas and n*ggas be 250 anto 300 pounds.

and frequent headaches is not worth it bruh. plus n*ggas be shooting and stabbing now a days.

i love it as a kid,teenage and young adult. but not now.

rather just box,kinect or vr sports.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #35
space
space
space
i think it's becuase most marital arts and kung fu and anime has a story of the heroes or group of heroes getting opressed or have to f*ght opression or a wick crooked master.

and n*ggas who cannot play basketball or football. this is the next manly sport to be apart of.
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #36
space
space
space
3. i think study black african history. black folks started kung fu,.
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #37
space
space
space
 JugHead said

If you know you know

glad we have one woke and actually real african american in this thread.

learning about african and black history and white folks and middle east and asians stole alot from us n*ggas.

white folks lie so much that who knows what to believe from them devils anymore.

so think no bruce lee,jackie chan,blood sport,street f*ghter,fist of the north star, no dragon ball z,no marvel or no superhero and f*ghting games and beat em up and adventure platform f*ghting games without

n*ggaS
+6   

2 weeks ago '18        #38
space
space
space
 JugHead said

If you know you know

now do you understand why i said midway and the mk creator was for the culture. mk4 and gold would of not been so good if it wasn't for this game. this was a mk4 prototype.

this is the most Iconic black f*ghting game in my opinion.

had a moorish king character.

a eygptain king

a african new oreealns king.

Last edited by stutteringrap; 11-06-2019 at 10:06 AM..
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #39
JugHead 
space
space
Props total: 1751 1 K  Slaps total: 126 126
 stutteringrap said
glad we have one woke and actually real african american in this thread.

learning about african and black history and white folks and middle east and asians stole alot from us n*ggas.

white folks lie so much that who knows what to believe from them devils anymore.

so think no bruce lee,jackie chan,blood sport,street f*ghter,fist of the north star, no dragon ball z,no marvel or no superhero and f*ghting games and beat em up and adventure platform f*ghting games without

n*ggaS
Thank you family

Some don't realize Egypt is in Africa and hand to hand kungfu whatever you call it is in our DNA

They'd rather argue with hieroglyphics that's older than anything they can produce it's all on the wall our ancestors left for us if you need proof

+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #40
Acebit 
space
space
Props total: 770 770  Slaps total: 154 154
Cause we made the sh*t up
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #41
YoungHope 
space
space
Props total: 2710 2 K  Slaps total: 330 330
 Sanshirō said

I keep saying it, black people are the same everywhete you go in the world. Jet Li, Jackie, Bolo, The Bodyguard, Black Mask, nekkid Weapon, My Father Is A Hero, Snake In The Eagle's Shadow... No wonder why we love Anime too
Earliest memories for this black man are of learning to f*ght but also learning not to be a bully. Karate was a way to let off anger and taught us how to control our emotions. The lessons taught from kung fu movies are invaluable. Power and mercy, time management and patience, trust versus naivete, how anger makes you think less, how compassion can overcome hatred, empathy and understanding.... and so many other virtues
+3   

2 weeks ago '08        #42
904Nole 
space
space
Props total: 10467 10 K  Slaps total: 1132 1 K
Probably because we started it
+1   

2 weeks ago '09        #43
Jersey856 
space
space
space
Props total: 383 383  Slaps total: 100 100
 JugHead said

If you know you know

Yup, it's also a form of harnessing your energy.

Bruce Lee was making a lot of impact with his movement and he ended up getting offed. Whatever you see from Asian culture definitely came from Egypt, as like most of everything. When are we as a people going to stop ignoring the Pyramids? It's a big deal
+5   

2 weeks ago '15        #44
kaydot901 
space
space
Props total: 2519 2 K  Slaps total: 134 134
80's baby my dudes,I got into heavy because USA kept some on,Saturdays,sundays after wwe,it was always something that got you hooked,the action, the storylines & constant access.
+5   

2 weeks ago '09        #45
Jersey856 
space
space
space
Props total: 383 383  Slaps total: 100 100
Last week I saw a commercial where they had all these "famous" philosophers, inventors, brilliant minds and they were all white. That kind of sh*t subconsciously affects how we view them and melanated people. I was born in Mexico and I get dark in the sun, I go by as an indigenous American as I try to get away from their labels. It's a fu*ked up works we live in but lately I feel like it's going to get better. Like karma is coming for those who did wrong and if you're vibrating high on a positive frequency many blessings are coming. Positive things have been happening to me since I've been more disciplined on what I consume mentally and say positive things to myself over and over again.
+5   

2 weeks ago '06        #46
marcusaka50 
space
space
space
Props total: 16706 16 K  Slaps total: 3182 3 K
the original people created martial arts that is why black people love kung fu movies ...we created it
+3   

2 weeks ago '14        #47
mumbosauce 
space
space
space
Props total: 17584 17 K  Slaps total: 2535 2 K
RZA was like it's cussed when they was young they couldn't afford to go-to the movies so they watched the Kung Fu reruns on TV.

Plus imo big reason is the good guys don't all be white.
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #48
hbk83 
space
space
Props total: 4378 4 K  Slaps total: 1078 1 K
I always thought it was because of the theatres in the hood back in the day and television . They would play a lot of kung fu movies which black people started watching and imitating, it was cheaper for foreigners to put their movies in theatres in black neighborhoods so Asians did it. it became part of the culture and stuck with us. Probably why they have so many Asian food spots in the hood too, dry cleaners etc.. they know who to appeal too

Last edited by hbk83; 11-06-2019 at 01:36 PM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #49
Assassinjaffar 
space
space
space
Props total: 459 459  Slaps total: 10 10
 unit321 said
When this guy, Gordon Liu, was in the movie, you knew it was going to be good.

Straight facts. Even in dotage fam was god status.

2 weeks ago '19        #50
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 9475 9 K  Slaps total: 2360 2 K
 hbk83 said
I always thought it was because of the theatres in the hood back in the day and television . They would play a lot of kung fu movies which black people started watching and imitating, it was cheaper for foreigners to put their movies in theatres in black neighborhoods so Asians did it. it became part of the culture and stuck with us. Probably why they have so many Asian food spots in the hood too, dry cleaners etc.. they know who to appeal too
I watched kung fu movies on WPIX 11 on Saturdays when I was a kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+84online now  20
Max Kellerman got Stephen A. On hush mode about Kaep now
125 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  19
Image(s) inside The Sonic redesign cost Paramount less than $5M, bringing the films bu..
60 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+24online now  18
website will pay you $3k a month to smoke weed
59 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+54online now  4
Article inside Mannie Fresh Tells All: Stories Behind His Classic Records!!!
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy