The biggest downside about living in paradise.

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

2 weeks ago '19        #51
pharoahX 
space
space
Props total: 680 680  Slaps total: 50 50
 Anti said
This is worse than the stories of old people walking 6 miles in the snow barefoot to get to school.
This might be the first time in history where the old generation actually feels bad for the new generation.
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #52
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
Props total: 6518 6 K  Slaps total: 1015 1 K
 Xavi619 said
It’s really baffling out here, like we had the high speed rail from la to the bay planned but the governor cancelled it.
Lol yea right. They can’t even expand bart to Sacremento which they NEED to do or something connected to it. I used to have to make that trip a few times a month from Alameda to Yolo that bottleneck all the way to vacaville and then to Sac is INSANE. A 120min drive turns into an 8hr commute. Same woth San Jose Bay Area Rapid Teansit and lst i heard they just went a little further south into fremont not even Milpitas. I have forgotten about noise pollution, potholes, and dumb traffic. Havent been back in over a year but every time i visit the bay I cannot wait to bring my a*s back to Japan. Yawl just dunno how a*s bavkwards sh*t is until you leave and come back.
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #53
pharoahX 
space
space
Props total: 680 680  Slaps total: 50 50
How is San Diego these days? Thinking of moving back in a couple years.
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #54
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
Props total: 21551 21 K  Slaps total: 4322 4 K
I don't live in LA but I fly there a lot for work...

To me it seems like a perfect storm, but LAX seems to be the main issue that I've seen. The infrastructure just can't handle it's traffic in addition to all those evening arrivals. Those international arrivals are touching down into midnight. There's never any relief in traffic.

It's a cool a*s city, I mean LA is LA. Has it's pros and cons like anywhere else. That being said...I couldn't do it.

San Diego/La Jolla though? I could live there. Gorgeous.

Edit:

pharoahX said
How is San Diego these days? Thinking of moving back in a couple years.
Saw this after I posted. Gorgeous as ever man. I mean homeless people is a problem everywhere in Cali, but you know is what it is.

I just love that city dude. Keeps calling me but I'm east coast born and bred, I feel like I'd miss it too much. My girl wants to have a place out west to escape our winters if need be. It would definitely be San Diego or Santa B./Montecito if we did (but fu*k them wildfires).

Last edited by FukHowYouFeel; 11-05-2019 at 08:12 AM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #55
ShoePacShoeKur 
space
space
space
Props total: 191 191  Slaps total: 19 19
Pasadena is not your friend if you’re
Black or brown. You finna get pulled over just because...

San Diego is thee most racist city in California.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #56
Real Talk 5%er  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 24005 24 K  Slaps total: 4050 4 K
Is there not another way to go?!??

2 weeks ago '17        #57
The Almighty240 
space
space
space
Props total: 3145 3 K  Slaps total: 301 301
 Kodack sixnine said
A lot of those places are dangerous though. The nicer areas like Georgetown are all townhouses.
You havent been paying attention on your visits. A lot of those areas that use to be dangerous are riddled with whites and cameras. DC is not that dangerous city anymore. Its been cleaned up and they are still cleaning!!

2 weeks ago '17        #58
The Almighty240 
space
space
space
Props total: 3145 3 K  Slaps total: 301 301
 PaperBoy said
fu*k outta here with all that.

Would NEVER live in LA less I was a damn mega actor.
Dry af
Segregated
Racist
Gotta tuck my jewelry in all the time
Can’t even wear what I want without randoms Grilling you with questions.
Car insurance expensive
Earthquakes
Random fires
Can’t even water your lawn without getting fined
$1950 for a one bedroom 1 1/2 bath apt? And water not even included

n*ggas with good hair in sensitive skin can’t survive that Cali climate. the wave grease and coconut oil must be on deck at all times. Less you rocking the shower cap everywhere like big worm
LA ain’t sh*t other than Venice beach, fire Tacos, good weed, the lakers and the light skin broads
I agree, but that's a lot to love in one place. Name city with all that and perfect weather? sh*t is fu*king paradise out there!!

2 weeks ago '17        #59
Calabasas 
space
space
Props total: 3757 3 K  Slaps total: 637 637
I wish GTA would make the traffic like that during rush hour. Would be fun having to maneuver around the traffic or having to call your helicopter/oppressor to avoid it
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #60
Holdino  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 20248 20 K  Slaps total: 3078 3 K
Paradise huh?

2 weeks ago '18        #61
Kodack sixnine  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12 OP
space
space
space
Props total: 28423 28 K  Slaps total: 7283 7 K
 Calabasas said
I wish GTA would make the traffic like that during rush hour. Would be fun having to maneuver around the traffic or having to call your helicopter/oppressor to avoid it
:wtf: I’m so glad you clowns aren’t video game designers. I bet you’d think it would be a good idea to refill the cars with gas

2 weeks ago '05        #62
northnorth 
space
space
space
Props total: 8 8  Slaps total: 0 0
It's called the 405 because it could take 4 or 5 hours to get to your destination
+4   

2 weeks ago '13        #63
PaperBoy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 12035 12 K  Slaps total: 3325 3 K
 The Almighty240 said
I agree, but that's a lot to love in one place. Name city with all that and perfect weather? sh*t is fu*king paradise out there!!
I could name a few but all depends on what you like..

I rather a hurricane and minor rain here and there with excellent Caribbean food and beaches
Then a damn random earthquake or firestorm in “perfect weather”

n*ggas love the desert tho, everybody wanna be a star out there

2 weeks ago '17        #64
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 87065 87 K  Slaps total: 9239 9 K
 realgunta said
serious question

is that the norm in LA?

or was that from a specific holiday or something? I cant imagine seeing traffic like that. Damn
I live in LA. It just kinda depends.

This freeway goes from the "West Side" to the "Valley". People live in the Valley cause it's cheaper, but work in LA proper because better job opportunities and they make more money.

Basically there is a big a*s mountain separating these 2 parts of the city, and the quickest way to get from one side to the next is to take this freeway. It goes directly down the middle of that mountain. You can drive around the mountain but that takes even longer

If you're smart out here you can easily avoid all this traffic. You just live close to your work. I legit NEVER get caught in traffic.

I'm pretty sure this video was from a few years ago either during holiday traffic or during a construction closure. Traffic can be really bad but it's rarely ever this bad.
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #65
AlmightySae 
space
space
Props total: 2354 2 K  Slaps total: 478 478
 PaperBoy said
I could name a few but all depends on what you like..

I rather a hurricane and minor rain here and there with excellent Caribbean food and beaches
Then a damn random earthquake or firestorm in “perfect weather”

n*ggas love the desert tho, everybody wanna be a star out there

The wildfires has become a problem yes, but bro, when the earthquake happens it's minor earthquakes. Ain't no damn buildings being destroyed. And earthquakes happen on rare occasions.
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #66
A Cold Game 
space
space
space
Props total: 10516 10 K  Slaps total: 1458 1 K
 Prometheus said
Here’s a question fellas..

I’m moving to Pasadena and my territory for work is big but East. How bad is the traffic that way normally? Is it possible to get to the west side (my girl) on weekends with out sitting in traffic for an hr.

Anybody know the vibe in Pasadena?
My fiancé works in Pasadena... commutes from Culver City everyday. Pasadena traffic isn’t that bad ... normal rush hours ... 730-930 & 430-630 weekends can be bad because everyone is going downtown/old town... but it’s cool
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #67
Sineztro 
space
space
Props total: 980 980  Slaps total: 186 186
Its the norm now. I was born and raised in the city and it wasnt this bad even 15 years ago. Silicon Beach/Rideshare and just everyone coming here for the weather are making is hell to live here.
 realgunta said
serious question

is that the norm in LA?

or was that from a specific holiday or something? I cant imagine seeing traffic like that. Damn
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #68
A Cold Game 
space
space
space
 justin747 said
I live in LA. It just kinda depends.

This freeway goes from the "West Side" to the "Valley". People live in the Valley cause it's cheaper, but work in LA proper because better job opportunities and they make more money.

Basically there is a big a*s mountain separating these 2 parts of the city, and the quickest way to get from one side to the next is to take this freeway. It goes directly down the middle of that mountain. You can drive around the mountain but that takes even longer

If you're smart out here you can easily avoid all this traffic. You just live close to your work. I legit NEVER get caught in traffic.

I'm pretty sure this video was from a few years ago either during holiday traffic or during a construction closure. Traffic can be really bad but it's rarely ever this bad.
Fam what?

The 405 is trash from 630am to 8pm every fu*king day .
People are commuting from Santa Clarita to OC and all points between.

Going north at night ... it doesn’t open up till you pass the 101
Going south in the morning doesn’t open til you pass the 10 ... bunches then opens again after the 90 then bunches ... then is stop and go till After rosecrans ... then

You not in these streets .

2 weeks ago '13        #69
PaperBoy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 12035 12 K  Slaps total: 3325 3 K
 AlmightySae said
The wildfires has become a problem yes, but bro, when the earthquake happens it's minor earthquakes. Ain't no damn buildings being destroyed. And earthquakes happen on rare occasions.
That’s fine. I could reside in Cali maybe up north again but just not LA. Nope I’m too handsome to get shot up all because I got too much blue in my Asics lol
I’m playing but serious at the same time

To each his own plair

2 weeks ago '18        #70
A Cold Game 
space
space
space
 Sineztro said
Its the norm now. I was born and raised in the city and it wasnt this bad even 15 years ago. Silicon Beach/Rideshare and just everyone coming here for the weather are making is hell to live here.
Yes it was bad 15 years ago .

Y’all can’t be from LA talking like this ... I had to commute 13 miles on the 405 to get to school... sh*t was brutal . 15 mins behind schedule Added a whole hour to our trip.

Idk what LA y’all from... but it ain’t this one

2 weeks ago '17        #71
Calabasas 
space
space
Props total: 3757 3 K  Slaps total: 637 637
 Kodack sixnine said
:wtf: I’m so glad you clowns aren’t video game designers. I bet you’d think it would be a good idea to refill the cars with gas

That would be cool too. n*gga filling up is take and you come through and blast him

They should have red lights too

2 weeks ago '04        #72
Kliq  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
space
space
Props total: 59345 59 K  Slaps total: 11230 11 K
 datVAkid said
Dc...
 Kodack sixnine said
You mean Maryland and Virginia right? DC proper is expensive AS fu*k and cramped.
That’s why you pay the premium to live on the city so you don’t gotta worry about traffic

Or better yet, do like me and get a 100% remote job
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #73
ishVicious 
space
space
space
Props total: 3216 3 K  Slaps total: 352 352
 datVAkid said
No, its not. This aint the 90's. DC is one of the safest cities you can live in now.
Facts. DC is the most gentrified city in America now. Y’all can look up the fact sh*t is sad driving around and all my childhood memories are gone.
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #74
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 87065 87 K  Slaps total: 9239 9 K
 A Cold Game said
Fam what?

The 405 is trash from 630am to 8pm every fu*king day .
People are commuting from Santa Clarita to OC and all points between.

Going north at night ... it doesn’t open up till you pass the 101
Going south in the morning doesn’t open til you pass the 10 ... bunches then opens again after the 90 then bunches ... then is stop and go till After rosecrans ... then

You not in these streets .

I rarely ever get on the 405 and I NEVER go to the Valley. Ain't sh*t in the Valley worth going to. If that means "I'm not in he streets" then so be it. The valley is wack as sh*t to me.

It's chicks up there but they can f*ght the traffic to see me, not the other way around.

I'm mostly on the West Side. I literally never get caught on the 405, and I have a flexible work schedule so I can go places whenever I want and it's easy to avoid traffic even more.

Like for example I need to run to Ikea today, so I'm chilling on this website right now until all the kids get to school, then there won't be any traffic to f*ght. Trust me when I tell you there are always gaps every single day where there isn't a ton traffic on the 405

2 weeks ago '19        #75
SippBack662 
space
space
space
Props total: 300 300  Slaps total: 31 31
 PhilthyRich said
Anytime between 7am-8pm 100%. Full blown traffic

But even at 3am there’s light traffic. It’s insane.

Mid size or smaller cities for me cuzz.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+48online now  25
Image(s) inside Nov 18 - Congress Will Vote This Week to Legalize Marijuana Nationwide..
173 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  20
Nov 19 - Man kills girlfriend, then impersonated her on social media
21 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  16
Image(s) inside Elizabeth Banks Faces Backlash for Saying Wonder Woman & Captain Marve..
47 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  13
2019 Black Friday deals?
80 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy