Kojima looking to do movies

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+60  95
42 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
199 comments @hiphop

section  x4   |  1 bx goons and 3 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 week ago '17        #1
876 page views
31 comments

SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 42130 42 K  Slaps total: 9752 9 K
Kojima looking to do movies

visit this link https://kotaku.com/in-the .. e-f-1839603527

“In the future, Kojima Productions will also start making films,” Kojima said. “If a person can do one thing well, then they should be able to do anything well.”

I think he will be one of the guys that will eventually make the masses see storytelling in videogames in the same light as storytelling in film. I absolutely fu*k with this, its been time for the gaming medium to evolve in this direction.

4 days till death Stranding.
+11   

best
worst
31 comments

1 week ago '12        #2
OldBusiness 
space
space
Props total: 76237 76 K  Slaps total: 5421 5 K
One of my fave guys in the industry for a few decades now.but no.

He struggles to get his point already, so his movies would just be overly done convoluted pieces of sh*t.
+6   

1 week ago '04        #3
CrAkKedOuT 
space
space
space
Props total: 20785 20 K  Slaps total: 2872 2 K
2.5 hours to explain the ending in death Stranding
7 hours of cutscenes

He's been making movies for decades.
+16   

1 week ago '05        #4
Krazie 
space
space
Props total: 27368 27 K  Slaps total: 3211 3 K
A series, maybe.

This man couldn't cut down to a feature length film. Not trying to watch a 12 hour flick.
+2   

1 week ago '19        #5
jojothugadventu 
space
space
Props total: 2246 2 K  Slaps total: 231 231

+4   

1 week ago '05        #6
WCIB 
space
space
Props total: 16964 16 K  Slaps total: 989 989
I imagine him being the creative mind, while also having someone to reign him in being the recipe for an incredible Netflix series.
+4   

1 week ago '17        #7
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
space
space
 Krazie said
A series, maybe.

This man couldn't cut down to a feature length film. Not trying to watch a 12 hour flick.
I’m sure he wouldnt write a film or show without a screenwriter

1 week ago '04        #8
deziking 
space
space
Props total: 13967 13 K  Slaps total: 1776 1 K
I think it was his dream to get into movies. And hes getting there. This game was full of actors.
+3   

1 week ago '17        #9
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 22484 22 K  Slaps total: 903 903
Mainstream audience's reaction to Kojima's first movie trailer will be interesting.

+4   

7 days ago '12        #10
OldBusiness 
space
space
 1Oh said
Mainstream audience's reaction to Kojima's first movie trailer will be interesting.

it'll be another 3 years of people proclaiming their love for something they don't even understand

Like I said one of my fave guys in the industry. But hes put on a pedestal in a way thats a little disgusting.

Like Metal Gear is my fave series, but even I can admit the story is butchered, all over the place, and its obvious he was forcing ideas he had after the fact in there.

I think he needs to take a step back and make an incredibly dope, but super simply game to kind of reset. And build from there

7 days ago '17        #11
space
space
 OldBusiness said
it'll be another 3 years of people proclaiming their love for something they don't even understand

Like I said one of my fave guys in the industry. But hes put on a pedestal in a way thats a little disgusting.

Like Metal Gear is my fave series, but even I can admit the story is butchered, all over the place, and its obvious he was forcing ideas he had after the fact in there.

I think he needs to take a step back and make an incredibly dope, but super simply game to kind of reset. And build from there
You really got something against this guy

7 days ago '17        #12
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 22484 22 K  Slaps total: 903 903
 OldBusiness said

To be honest I think Kojima has something special & unique to offer to cinema. He just needs somebody to reel him in a bit, "full-blown Kojima" will not work on screen.

But if in check, I think Kojima has multiple Oscar-worthy films in him. The problem is, who is Kojima gonna listen to.
+3   

7 days ago '19        #13
jojothugadventu 
space
space
Props total: 2246 2 K  Slaps total: 231 231
2 more days till the GOAT drops on these fu*k boys

Last edited by jojothugadventu; 11-05-2019 at 10:27 AM..
+3   

7 days ago '12        #14
OldBusiness 
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
You really got something against this guy
You're right I've supported him for over 25 years now

I must really hate the guy (I've got a Policenauts desktop wallpaper for christs sake)

The difference is I support the guy, not this false sense of idol worship the internet tends to bestow upon these types. Hes one of my fave guys in the industry when it comes to his games, but he's in no way above criticism and honest opinions regarding his work.

The internet makes it hard for people to see someone can exist in the middle on things. Either you absolutely hate something, or you're head over heels in love with something or someone...but some of us are planted firmly in the middle.

But once again Metal Gear Solid is my favorite series...and the build up to the release/launch of MGS1 on PS1 is quite possibly one of the best moments in gaming IMO. The mega blow out EGM magazine did on MGS1 a few months before its release is probably my single favorite issue of a magazine

But the n*gga should not be doing films. Maybe as a consultant on a film or some sh*t...but hes admitted he struggles with finding ways to get his point across. Go back and read some of the press he did during the MGS4 run.

Last edited by OldBusiness; 11-05-2019 at 10:36 AM..
+1   

7 days ago '12        #15
OldBusiness 
space
space
 1Oh said
To be honest I think Kojima has something special & unique to offer to cinema. He just needs somebody to reel him in a bit, "full-blown Kojima" will not work on screen.

But if in check, I think Kojima has multiple Oscar-worthy films in him. The problem is, who is Kojima gonna listen to.
I think he'd make a dope a*s consultant, or even contribute to the overall universe building of a movie...but he shouldn't be in the helm at all.

7 days ago '17        #16
space
space
 1Oh said

He seems to have a great deal of respect for movies and the people that work on them.

7 days ago '17        #17
space
space
 OldBusiness said
You're right I've supported him for over 25 years now

I must really hate the guy (I've got a Policenauts desktop wallpaper for christs sake)

The difference is I support the guy, not this false sense of idol worship the internet tends to bestow upon these types. Hes one of my fave guys in the industry when it comes to his games, but he's in no way above criticism and honest opinions regarding his work.

The internet makes it hard for people to see someone can exist in the middle on things. Either you absolutely hate something, or you're head over heels in love with something or someone...but some of us are planted firmly in the middle.

But once again Metal Gear Solid is my favorite series...and the build up to the release/launch of MGS1 on PS1 is quite possibly one of the best moments in gaming IMO. The mega blow out EGM magazine did on MGS1 a few months before its release is probably my single favorite issue of a magazine

But the n*gga should not be doing films. Maybe as a consultant on a film or some sh*t...but hes admitted he struggles with finding ways to get his point across. Go back and read some of the press he did during the MGS4 run.
I can’t buy that you support the guy when you say he shouldn’t be doing something he wants to do. Like its ok if you think hed be trash but it sounds you’re against him even trying. Thats not being in the middle.

7 days ago '12        #18
OldBusiness 
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
I can’t buy that you support the guy when you say he shouldn’t be doing something he wants to do. Like its ok if you think hed be trash but it sounds you’re against him even trying. Thats not being in the middle.
Oh okay you'll be alright

7 days ago '17        #19
space
space
 OldBusiness said
Oh okay you'll be alright
Textbook BX reply when you get outed
+1   

7 days ago '12        #20
OldBusiness 
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Textbook BX reply when you get outed
No a textbook reply in that sense would be name calling and insults.

You know the type of behavior thats common for you when you lose arguments on here

Once again you'll be alright. Walk it off lil guy

7 days ago '17        #21
space
space
 OldBusiness said
No a textbook reply in that sense would be name calling and insults.

You know the type of behavior thats common for you when you lose arguments on here

Once again you'll be alright. Walk it off lil guy
Says textbook reply would be name calling and insults and finishes this post with lil guy

7 days ago '12        #22
OldBusiness 
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Says textbook reply would be name calling and insults and finishes this post with lil guy

I didnt think of Lil Guy was an insult

7 days ago '10        #23
pacman45 
space
space
Props total: 12422 12 K  Slaps total: 496 496
Im not the biggest fan of his games but if anything I know he could make something original. So I would be interested off the strength of that. Im tired of all these remakes and reboots.

7 days ago '17        #24
space
space
 OldBusiness said
I didnt think of Lil Guy was an insult
Not name calling either

7 days ago '15        #25
Fantastic 
space
space
Props total: 8851 8 K  Slaps total: 2673 2 K
 OldBusiness said
One of my fave guys in the industry for a few decades now.but no.

He struggles to get his point already, so his movies would just be overly done convoluted pieces of sh*t.
let him have the opportunity first.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+25online now  27
Video inside Abandoned Japanese Billionaire 200,000,000 Mansion w/ Everything Left B..
60 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  14
Whats your top 8 films of 2019 so far?
64 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+46online now  12
Image(s) inside KFC was out here wildn back in the day