John Carpenter's They Live The Making Of

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
74 comments @sports
most viewed right now
58 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 weeks ago '16        #1
555 page views
12 comments

Bidam7 
space
space
Props total: 92267 92 K  Slaps total: 1176 1 K
John Carpenter's They Live The Making Of

@Rhyming Joints @True School 2 @Sucka Repellent @Ron Swanson @WavyGnu @WaveForLife2 @messy marv stan @Avon_Barksdale @Knowledgeable @Ant McQueen @HIGH LVLD @Illuminati 8ob @Shhon @True School 2 @WorldDominance @YOURKINGB4EVER @iswerve @Ravishing @MULVTTX @stutteringrap @RubbahBandMayn @Ugur25 @JarlesBronson @Givenchyx @rello99 @The Consultant @timdog @postemupndunkit @ThunnLanguage @PaperBoy971 @smokeytheblunt2 @Thworldisyours @dubsax @halfadash @bmf24eva @SPdaGOAT @JayStillPaid @HolyFatherSteve @REALHIPHOP @A-L-P @freebiggavel @demari @O1as @Rockstar718 @C.R.I.P. @TheRealFetti @dacoolestg @LumiHeights @theillest11 @KeepinItTrill @backtrack @LordOfSwag2020 @The batman @foshoVoodoo @illEskobar @datVAkid @Nut-In-Honeys @mumbosauce @Pretty Tone @OGpremo @MiNimE3 @InfamousJ @DavidAames @mumbosauce @tokinjohn @Eddiemia07 @DRockBSP @Eclectic @Clyde @vandalizm @potorico1 @Bighempin of QM @Ant McQueen @HIGH LVLD @YOURKINGB4EVER @iswerve @Ravishing @ThePainkiller @stealthm91 @jigga_benjamin @THEDONN @Two 40 Shorty @MilliRock @CheebaHawk21 @Sk8bamboo @Machine @OldBusiness @jvee @ChickBoss414 @PROV @Cartel-Clipz @LightWeight @ThatNigg22 @RubbahBandMayn @Ugur25 @JarlesBronson @Givenchyx @rello99 @The Consultant @timdog @postemupndunkit @ThunnLanguage @PaperBoy971 @smokeytheblunt2 @Thworldisyours @dubsax @halfadash @bmf24eva @SPdaGOAT @JayStillPaid @HolyFatherSteve @REALHIPHOP @A-L-P @freebiggavel @demari @O1as @Rockstar718 @C.R.I.P. @TheRealFetti @dacoolestg @LumiHeights @theillest11 @KeepinItTrill @backtrack @LordOfSwag2020 @The batman @foshoVoodoo @illEskobar @datVAkid @Nut-In-Honeys @mumbosauce @Pretty Tone @OGpremo @MiNimE3 @InfamousJ @DavidAames @mumbosauce @tokinjohn @Eddiemia07 @DRockBSP @Eclectic @Clyde @vandalizm @potorico1 @Bighempin of QM @Tha TC @buffaloSouldier @METABaron @BLACK FIST @akverse47 @consigliereA @The_Most_H8ed @P DRILLA @Aesop730 @Kingme @BathWaterMelody @kriskross00 @bnw99 @No Religion @USC @Skilly713 @Pythagoras @biscuit @SFamilyRep
Ray Nelson’s short story “Eight O’Clock in the Morning,” on which John Carpenter based They Live, was first published in the November 1963 issue of The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction. But Carpenter first encountered the story 23 years later, in its comic book adaptation, “Nada.”
The seven-page story illustrated by Bill Wray ran in Alien Encounters #6. The comic follows Nelson’s story pretty closely, and there are strong resemblances between the stories of They Live and “Nada,” especially the “storming the reality studio” climax (of which Nelson’s acquaintance William S. Burroughs would surely have approved) common to all versions of the story. But there are differences. Only Wray’s includes a Circle Jerks poster.
More significantly, the famous Hofmann (i.e., LSD) sunglasses do not appear in Nelson’s story or in Wray’s comic. Nelson’s hero, George Nada, goes to the theater to watch a live hypnosis act, and when he hears the command to awake at the show’s end, he suddenly realizes that he’s surrounded by outer-space aliens. The Fascinators, “the rulers of Earth,” are reptilian beings with too many eyes who control human beings through suggestion. In Nelson’s story, Nada doesn’t just see their awful stomach-turning alien monstrosity after waking up from his trance, he hears the terrible croaking alien language they speak to one another, and a constant stream of subliminal commands delivered in “bird-like” voices. The aliens tell him to “obey,” “work,” and—now that he’s on to them—die:
Suddenly the phone rang.
George picked it up. It was one of the Fascinators.
“Hello,” it squawked. “This is your control, Chief of Police Robinson. You are an old man, George Nada. Tomorrow morning at eight o’clock, your heart will stop. Please repeat.”
“I am an old man,” said George. “Tomorrow morning at eight o’clock, my heart will stop.”
George Nada’s cruelty to his girlfriend (fiancee, in the comic), Lil, makes him an unsympathetic character and suggests that he might be seeing space reptiles everywhere because he is a delusional nutcase, not a possibility Carpenter’s movie entertains. When he sets out to “awaken” others, Nada first tries beating up the woman in his life. After violence doesn’t work, he steals her car, leaving her bound and gagged on the bed, alone in her apartment with a dead body, terrified.
They Live Was Released November 4,1988

Rest In Paradise Roddy Rowdy Piper

Last edited by Bidam7; 11-04-2019 at 08:06 AM..
+19   

best
worst
12 comments

1 week ago '13        #3
JosethaHustler 
space
space
Props total: 4826 4 K  Slaps total: 615 615
Life imitates art... or art explains life?
+6   

1 week ago '16        #4
castroThirteen 
space
space
Props total: 9916 9 K  Slaps total: 1759 1 K
 JosethaHustler said
Life imitates art... or art explains life?
Art imitates life. Which leads to life imitating art.
+2   

1 week ago '17        #5
dubsax 
space
space
Props total: 33108 33 K  Slaps total: 3049 3 K
I would love if Carpenter remade this
+5   

1 week ago '04        #6
realkilla3 
space
space
Props total: 13318 13 K  Slaps total: 1298 1 K
still one of my favorite movies ever!
+2   

1 week ago '13        #7
HawgNDaGame 
space
space
Props total: 28768 28 K  Slaps total: 830 830
Cripple f*ght!
+1   

1 week ago '04        #8
skillahmang 
space
space
Props total: 26465 26 K  Slaps total: 6216 6 K
Dope Thread.
+2   

1 week ago '08        #9
J_Clarity13 
space
space
Props total: 6986 6 K  Slaps total: 697 697
Dop3
+1   

1 week ago '05        #10
kronzsw 
space
space
Props total: 14166 14 K  Slaps total: 2863 2 K
heres the full comic

+2   

1 week ago '04        #11
xbossxplayax 
space
space
Props total: 5537 5 K  Slaps total: 1373 1 K
this is entertainment that provokes thinking

not that new joker movie, altho i get how it stands out in the midst of today's hollyweird churning out nothing but garbage (that faithfully serves the purpose as depicted in They Live, ironically)

1 week ago '16        #12
AfroBucks88 
space
space
Props total: 16905 16 K  Slaps total: 1155 1 K
this movie is

saw it for the first time it 2012 timeless masterpiece

7 days ago '16        #13
smokeytheblunt2 
space
space
Props total: 24960 24 K  Slaps total: 1254 1 K
cant name a lot of movies that i loved as a kid for completely different reasons than why i love it as an adult...........

but this is one...........

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+46online now  18
thc infused rolling papers...100mg of 97% thc oil
126 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+37online now  17
Video inside Keri Hilson Gets The Dubai Treatment In Australia (Sh@tted and Leaked on)
121 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-35online now  16
Image(s) inside ALICIA KEY IS ANXIOUSLY WAITING TO Put A DRESS on Her TODDLER SON
276 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  6
Article inside Suge Knight 'arranged to have Tupac and Biggie Smalls killed' claims ..
48 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy