The World's First manual MK5 Supra

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

2 weeks ago '04        #1
947 page views
22 comments

dj X 
space
space
Props total: 9320 9 K  Slaps total: 620 620
The World's First manual MK5 Supra

There's more video's on their channel that show the entire process. It'll debut at Sema. Cost of the swap for those that hate dct will be $12K+.
+5   

best
worst
22 comments

2 weeks ago '17        #2
arms 
space
space
Props total: 8183 8 K  Slaps total: 1166 1 K
Toyota fu*ked up badly with this car
+12   

2 weeks ago '11        #3
tonio25 
space
space
Props total: 13454 13 K  Slaps total: 1592 1 K
 arms said
They really did. They could have just made a new MK4 with a new interior and cheated the game.
+5   

2 weeks ago '05        #4
Daddy Black 
space
space
Props total: 8242 8 K  Slaps total: 778 778
12k for the swap. and it will be slower than the dct with the same mods.
+4   

1 week ago '06        #5
damn_ryght 
space
space
Props total: 5354 5 K  Slaps total: 785 785
 arms said
fu*ked it up so bad its not even a toyota
+1   

1 week ago '17        #6
justin747  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 86325 86 K  Slaps total: 9149 9 K
I don't get the fascination with this car. I get that it's fast but all Supras looks like a little bi*ch a*s Celicas from the 90s.

1 week ago '14        #7
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
Props total: 21346 21 K  Slaps total: 4302 4 K
 justin747 said
I don't get the fascination with this car. I get that it's fast but all Supras looks like a little bi*ch a*s Celicas from the 90s.

I haven't ever been able to put it into words honestly. I fell in love with MKIVs when I was a kid.

Then I stumbled upon the tuning community surrounding them in the early 2000s. I was hooked ever since. I've owned 4 in total now. My MKV comes next month and I still have two MKIVs (94 & 98).

They're addicting. The feel, sound, etc. Striking in person too...I owned a 2014 GT-R and it never got half the attention as the Supras.

A lot of it has to do with how stout they were built. Stock 2JZGTE and that v160 trans. can support about 850-900hp to the wheels all day long. Just with bolts ons you're sniffing 480-500hp. You upgrade turbo, fuel delivery, ECU, clutch/fly and tires and you're reliably beating up on super cars all day long.

It's one of the most overly-engineered cars ever built.
+9   

1 week ago '07        #8
240ka 
space
space
Props total: 11583 11 K  Slaps total: 3176 3 K
 arms said
In terms of mass market appeal but the drag guys love it.
+1   

1 week ago '07        #9
240ka 
space
space
 FukHowYouFeel said
I haven't ever been able to put it into words honestly. I fell in love with MKIVs when I was a kid.

Then I stumbled upon the tuning community surrounding them in the early 2000s. I was hooked ever since. I've owned 4 in total now. My MKV comes next month and I still have two MKIVs (94 & 98).

They're addicting. The feel, sound, etc. Striking in person too...I owned a 2014 GT-R and it never got half the attention as the Supras.

A lot of it has to do with how stout they were built. Stock 2JZGTE and that v160 trans. can support about 850-900hp to the wheels all day long. Just with bolts ons you're sniffing 480-500hp. You upgrade turbo, fuel delivery, ECU, clutch/fly and tires and you're reliably beating up on super cars all day long.

The motor is stout af but its not one of the most overly engineered. The skyline GT-R which is why it was so dominant in racing.

1 week ago '16        #10
wesleypipes 
space
space
Props total: 17883 17 K  Slaps total: 3081 3 K
 dj X said

There's more video's on their channel that show the entire process. It'll debut at Sema. Cost of the swap for those that hate dct will be $12K+.
i dont want it unless it is mk ultra

1 week ago '17        #11
arms 
space
space
Props total: 8183 8 K  Slaps total: 1166 1 K
 240ka said
In terms of mass market appeal but the drag guys love it.
Drag guys are only worried about making power and making money.

Like my man's said, Toyota could have released this thing with an updated 2J and they wouldn't be able to keep it in stock. This right here is NOT it.
+1   

1 week ago '07        #12
240ka 
space
space
 arms said
Drag guys are only worried about making power and making money.

Like my man's said, Toyota could have released this thing with an updated 2J and they wouldn't be able to keep it in stock. This right here is NOT it.
Most supra owners care about power. The car is great for drag racing but that's is. The Supra was never dominant on the track. Hence why the Skyline is has always been considered the "Beast from the East"

1 week ago '14        #13
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
 240ka said
The motor is stout af but its not one of the most overly engineered. The skyline GT-R which is why it was so dominant in racing.
*See's username...*

Nah bruh...

RB26 guts can't take the power like a 2JZ. Also you have less displacement so there's less of a usable power-band.

Only advantage the GT-R has is it's faster from a dig because of the AWD.
+4   

7 days ago '07        #14
240ka 
space
space
 FukHowYouFeel said
*See's username...*

Nah bruh...

RB26 guts can't take the power like a 2JZ. Also you have less displacement so there's less of a usable power-band.

Only advantage the GT-R has is it's faster from a dig because of the AWD.
Firstly I said the 2JZ is stout as fu*k. We all know the RBs bottom end has to be built but like I said, the Skyline dominated racing. Rules were changed, literally, because of the Skylines dominance. The Supra has ZERO racing pedigree.

Great job exposing yourself.

7 days ago '16        #15
Blunted Sultan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 6982 6 K  Slaps total: 843 843
Do not give a fu*k about anybody who doesn’t own a supra feel about the MKV

I seen the new Supra in person and the car looks amazing, sounds good
Just need to see how it feels under the wheels

People still buying it off the lot, despite you guys sitting here being stuck in your younger days

Manual transmission is also overrated

Last edited by Blunted Sultan; 11-08-2019 at 07:30 AM..

7 days ago '14        #16
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
 240ka said
Firstly I said the 2JZ is stout as fu*k. We all know the RBs bottom end has to be built but like I said, the Skyline dominated racing. Rules were changed, literally, because of the Skylines dominance. The Supra has ZERO racing pedigree.

What has the Skyline won? Dominance in what? They raced in JGTC and Super GT in Japan and won.

7 days ago '07        #17
240ka 
space
space
 FukHowYouFeel said
What has the Skyline won? Dominance in what? They raced in JGTC and Super GT in Japan and won.

More than the supra
https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a27737/nissan-skyline-gt-r-godzilla-history/

7 days ago '13        #18
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
Props total: 29404 29 K  Slaps total: 5554 5 K
 240ka said

That last statement was disingenuous af. Just a quick wiki search of the Supra’s racing history is enough to make that claim sound ridiculous.

7 days ago '18        #19
Blaffy 
space
space
Props total: 60445 60 K  Slaps total: 4951 4 K

6 days ago '15        #20
ChoAssUp 
space
space
Props total: 48258 48 K  Slaps total: 2995 2 K
 tonio25 said
They really did. They could have just made a new MK4 with a new interior and cheated the game.
LC500 chassis woulda been fire

3 days ago '16        #21
GoCop 
space
space
Props total: 967 967  Slaps total: 187 187
 240ka said

and the Supra still better than the Skyline...

u dont know wtf u talkin bout

3 days ago '16        #22
GoCop 
space
space
Props total: 967 967  Slaps total: 187 187
 FukHowYouFeel said

greatest car ever
got an mk3 now, want an mk4 before avg price on em is 150K

3 days ago '07        #23
240ka 
space
space
 GoCop said
and the Supra still better than the Skyline...

u dont know wtf u talkin bout
If you care about drag racing maybe but no it's never been better than the skyline

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  20
Article inside Suge Knight 'arranged to have Tupac and Biggie Smalls killed' claims ..
58 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+38online now  14
Video inside Keri Hilson Gets The Dubai Treatment In Australia (Sh@tted and Leaked on)
124 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  10
Black Child killed 50 on his own beat
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+95online now  6
Lebron says he played without Kyrie and Kevin Love so no sympathy to see W..
146 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy