Terminator Dark Fate is bombing at the box office with $29M. Budget was $190M

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section tv / movies

3 weeks ago '17        #26
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 22762 22 K  Slaps total: 923 923
Terminator franchise had too many duds in such a short time span and lost all good faith. This new Terminator was actually pretty decent and ppl still didnt care.

As far as the "Terminator went woke" narrative, I dont buy it. T2 is "woke" as well for today's standards. Sarah Conner, from T1 to T2, went from defenseless victim to a weight lifting no nonsense soldier, and it was accepted. That evolution of a female character today would have many dudes online roll their eyes, because that's the social climate we're in.
+10   

3 weeks ago '04        #27
class01 
space
space
space
Props total: 419 419  Slaps total: 60 60
It's not just the woman turned f*ghter. I'm cool with that. But the whole movie is really political.

Mexican girl working in a factory. Jobs getting replaced by automation

Mexican girl savior

Crossing the wall between US and Mexico

Sarah talking about protecting her womb/ mother Mary. Then realizing she's more than a womb
+3   

3 weeks ago '05        #28
Emperor85 
space
space
space
Props total: 10510 10 K  Slaps total: 2693 2 K
 144000 said
Well I think a lot of guys wanted to smash Linda Hamilton in T2. But alright.

You're saying just what I'm getting at. And that is that we were being given a gender-bender idol. The whole time.

People, "admired"... a skinny, attractive white lady -- who also seemed, so "tough."

It was the blend of those qualities, that was being idolized.

And so when people are asking why they're still making these movies that nobody is asking for, I just want to place it into consideration, that maybe these are not just "movies." And there could actually be a strong element of propaganda involved.
its the same as sigourney weaver in aliens ....people respected that tough female protagonist thing, i know i do .....don't know about men finding lisa or sigourney s*xually attractive ...maybe for dykes ....i was a kid at the time ...i didnt even care ...but that tough mental attitude in women is a quality i respect

also they are still making terminator films cause idiots that work at studios still think they can make money of a new film .......plus james cameron is involved this time around ....lisa hamiltion hasnt been involved in any of the films since t2, she returned this time because he was involved .....i wouldnt know about any of the other terminator films as i never bothered to watch them and to be honest i dont think i'll bother with this film either
+2   

3 weeks ago '08        #29
flav 
space
space
Props total: 10050 10 K  Slaps total: 2569 2 K
 Rugby Jones said
But but but how ? Women's lib & Lgbzpyt should've made this a hit ....right ?

Cause girls & homos love to go see all the terminator movies .....right ?

Smh !

This
+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #30
Deuce2416 
space
space
Props total: 7824 7 K  Slaps total: 824 824
They just need to stop bringing back old sh*t.

And the whole “Terminator travels back through time” sh*t is just tired and contrived at this point. How many times do we have to repeat this same plot?

The only one I liked since T2 was the Christian Bale one because they actually placed the setting in the war versus the machines in the future.
+10   

3 weeks ago '19        #31
Goop Hair It Is 
space
space
space
Props total: 7045 7 K  Slaps total: 1622 1 K
It's amazing how much money these production companies waste on movies
+7   

3 weeks ago '15        #32
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
Props total: 6557 6 K  Slaps total: 1016 1 K
That ‘Get woke Go Broke’ sh*t is real af. When will Hollywood learn to stop raping real geekdom and fans that grew up loving and watching organic protagonists them being what ever color or s*x.

I was just talking about this to my friend back in Cali a few mins ago on ig. It’s a po’ boy festival in SF going on rn and she put up a pic of the sandwhich instead ig stamps a ‘sensitive content’ label on it so it automatically makes my head go into the gutter like wtf is this. It’s a closeup of a fuggin sandwich.

The West World mainly America has become like Bette Midler and Meryl Streep in death Becomes her with Bruce willis just two rotted disgusting corps beating eachother to death under a pretty veneer of paint. No adult human with a working brain is gonna keep buying all the bs.

Hollywood is pandering heavy now and actung pretty and sweet like they care meanwhile they are a rotting corpse bowing down to those that don’t care or will back up all their lobbying and agenda with cash. All these hashtag warriors ain’t doing sh*t but making sh*t worse.
+6   

3 weeks ago '19        #33
93NinetyFour  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 2192 2 K  Slaps total: 3079 3 K
Read the plot on wikipedia and will wait for ppv. Nobody wanna see no girl terminators without big t*tties or a 61 year old Linda Hamilton shoot rocket launchers. Foh with this feminist bs. T-1000 rolling in his grave
+6   

3 weeks ago '16        #34
144000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 15449 15 K  Slaps total: 32660 32 K
 Emperor85 said
its the same as sigourney weaver in aliens ....people respected that tough female protagonist thing, i know i do .....don't know about men finding lisa or sigourney s*xually attractive ...maybe for dykes ....i was a kid at the time ...i didnt even care ...but that tough mental attitude in women is a quality i respect

also they are still making terminator films cause idiots that work at studios still think they can make money of a new film .......plus james cameron is involved this time around ....lisa hamiltion hasnt been involved in any of the films since t2, she returned this time because he was involved .....i wouldnt know about any of the other terminator films as i never bothered to watch them and to be honest i dont think i'll bother with this film either
Maybe in part. But the hidden themes that are so commonly involved with so many of these films, can't be explained in accord with a simply financial motive.

America is not knocking down Hollywood's doors, saying "more lgbt themes please."

The percentage of the population that is gay or transgender, is relatively small in proportion to the entire movie audience. So it makes no sense from a financial perspective, to consistently resort to appealing towards such a small minority. And that is how it can be seen that this is propaganda.
+2   

3 weeks ago '18        #35
The3 
space
space
Props total: 3701 3 K  Slaps total: 588 588
Should've when with Terminator v Predator movie
+3   

3 weeks ago '07        #36
Cartel-Clipz 
space
space
Props total: 57771 57 K  Slaps total: 4023 4 K
should've came out in the summer. Either way, n*ggas is over Terminator. Last movie did too much damage and this came out too soon after
+7   

3 weeks ago '19        #37
93NinetyFour  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 2192 2 K  Slaps total: 3079 3 K
Robocop vs The Terminator film circa 1990 would've been dope. Ed 209 could've been the sidebar.
+3   

3 weeks ago '16        #38
kamal1978 
space
space
space
Props total: 1042 1 K  Slaps total: 426 426
The movie was good tho, almost had a heart attack from the none stop action in the movie

When ppl gonna realize that Marvel and DC movies are k*lling the movie industry, specially first week numbers, ppl will go and watch the joker ( a very good movie ) for the 5th time instead of going to see the Terminator
+10   

3 weeks ago '08        #39
606robin 
space
space
Props total: 8441 8 K  Slaps total: 683 683
Nobody gives a fu*k about Terminator. That's why the attempted tv series have failed, every year or two. That's an example. They'll recoup globally though. It's just like when major sci fi's flop in the states, but go crazy overseas. Pacific rim and sh*t is an example.
+3   

3 weeks ago '09        #40
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 143020 143 K  Slaps total: 18027 18 K
 144000 said
I'm just distracted by the man in the thumbnail.

Remember, Linda Hamilton was considered a "s*x symbol." And take a look at that picture.

your obsessed with your phony ducktales conspiracy some men look like women and some women look like men...its due to genetics and not this fake transformer conspiracy bullsh*t you rant about
+3   

3 weeks ago '13        #41
vandalizm 
space
space
Props total: 6284 6 K  Slaps total: 846 846
 144000 said

Remember, Linda Hamilton was considered a "s*x symbol." And take a look at that picture.
Hey fu*king weirdo

No one ever considered her a s*x symbol you fu*king psycho
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #42
PackerTrelli3 
space
space
Props total: 17108 17 K  Slaps total: 6802 6 K
 Vercetti said
Seriously, why are they even making these anymore, no one gives a fu*k about this franchise anymore. The box office numbers indicate that.

For me it'll always be T1 and T2 Judgment Day, the others don't exist
Idk, look at the resident evil franchise... sh*t been whack and they still someone made lots of movies that no one asked for... and made $$$ doing it

3 weeks ago '12        #43
Thworldisyours 
space
space
Props total: 28934 28 K  Slaps total: 1503 1 K
 1Oh said
Terminator franchise had too many duds in such a short time span and lost all good faith. This new Terminator was actually pretty decent and ppl still didnt care.

As far as the "Terminator went woke" narrative, I dont buy it. T2 is "woke" as well for today's standards. Sarah Conner, from T1 to T2, went from defenseless victim to a weight lifting no nonsense soldier, and it was accepted. That evolution of a female character today would have many dudes online roll their eyes, because that's the social climate we're in.

Or maybe people are just burned out with every movie being a soft "Force Awakens-esque" reboot.

Also, Sarah's evolution from the end of T1 to T2 felt more organic. She felt like a real person. She wasn't some 60+ year old woman saying catchphrases while firing a rocket launcher lol

And let's be real here. The producers are just trying to appeal to different demographics to sell the movie to people that typically dont care about the Terminator series. That's it.
+3   

3 weeks ago '05        #44
Emperor85 
space
space
space
Props total: 10510 10 K  Slaps total: 2693 2 K
 144000 said
Maybe in part. But the hidden themes that are so commonly involved with so many of these films, can't be explained in accord with a simply financial motive.

America is not knocking down Hollywood's doors, saying "more lgbt themes please."

The percentage of the population that is gay or transgender, is relatively small in proportion to the entire movie audience. So it makes no sense from a financial perspective, to consistently resort to appealing towards such a small minority. And that is how it can be seen that this is propaganda.
hidden themes man your strung up on lgbt themes ....what in t1 and t2 had those subversive themes?

just cause linda hamilton played the lead role in an action film? ....half of the population is female, why not have a female protagonist in an action film? hollywood isnt interested in making action films with female leads either thats something james cameron pushed for ....i don't know or think any of the other terminator films had females in the lead role either

Last edited by Emperor85; 11-03-2019 at 04:01 PM..
+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #45
HARBINGER 
space
space
Props total: 16163 16 K  Slaps total: 5305 5 K
 Vercetti said
Seriously, why are they even making these anymore, no one gives a fu*k about this franchise anymore. The box office numbers indicate that.

For me it'll always be T1 and T2 Judgment Day, the others don't exist
why does everyone act like 3 was that bad?

they can do other ones it just needs to be deeper into the terminator world and universe. something besides arnold. and if they do arnold they need to expand on where the design came from and the evolution. Wider side stories they could get into like a cybertron earth

3 weeks ago '14        #46
yungpizzle82 
space
space
Props total: 5647 5 K  Slaps total: 844 844
Serves them right for Me-Tooing the fu*king Terminator of all flix

3 weeks ago '09        #47
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
space
space
Props total: 143020 143 K  Slaps total: 18027 18 K
 144000 said

stop your phony troll charade and simply admit that real women exist
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #48
zhiggeman 
space
space
Props total: 6900 6 K  Slaps total: 1388 1 K
The problem you, got a junkie terminator, lesbo, no it all. Not interesting. They have never established suitable replacements for Arnie and linda to continue the story. The robots send back these advance robot that cant beat the proto type? What kind of sense does this make. This new terminator should have been done than T2 terminator and he wasnt. The womens lib sh*t k*lled this movie, along with a awful script. The only thing going for it was it had a dope action packed intro.
+3   

3 weeks ago '16        #49
space
space
Props total: 22555 22 K  Slaps total: 2830 2 K
 144000 said
I need to ask everybody in here some serious questions, because this is outrageous.

1. Would you smash the person in that picture?

2. Did you want to smash it, back in the 90s?

3. Do ANY of the women you know... turn into males, with age??
The comic Maronzio Vance once said that white women morph into white men in middle age.

3 weeks ago '04        #50
MosDefinition 
space
space
Props total: 6906 6 K  Slaps total: 985 985
 titans7 said
No black people, pushing the feminist and lgbtq agenda heavy in a fu*king sci fi action movie. Glad this movie flops and the harriet movie that turned into softcore ghetto gaggers bedw*nch fan fiction also flopped starring a bald british bedw*nch who hates black Americans.
Yeah because t2 didn't have a strong female lead...
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+90online now  38
Max Kellerman got Stephen A. On hush mode about Kaep now
127 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside Elizabeth Banks Faces Backlash for Saying Wonder Woman & Captain Marve..
51 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  14
Image(s) inside The Sonic redesign cost Paramount less than $5M, bringing the films bu..
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+26online now  7
Method Man just fu-kING SNAPPED on this new song with Havoc
25 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy