The Rise And Fall Of Cadillac

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

4 weeks ago '15        #26
T rootz 
space
space
space
Props total: 1769 1 K  Slaps total: 164 164
Electric is going to start being really affordable and soon somebody is going to offer the masses money for gas powered cars of course not everybody is going to want to give up gas.... But dat 30k tesla would be like a nice investment in my eyes.... f*ck it if you don't like the tesla buy it anyways and motor swap it

3 weeks ago '04        #27
xbossxplayax 
space
space
Props total: 5679 5 K  Slaps total: 1394 1 K
no one ballsy enough to admit that the brands a*sociation with certain demographic and they lifestyle eroded the brand image past the point of no return

its either yea those quote unquote bling bling trucks for rappers or yea those monster powered V's that could finally hold candle to their european competitors (the magnetic rides are MILES better than edc!!!!! ...but y is nobody buying them???) when the name cadillac is mentioned
+1   

3 weeks ago '10        #28
J AL7 
space
space
Props total: 302 302  Slaps total: 31 31
I had a 2000 Cadillac DTS! A big bi*ch with a big engine, plush leather seats and wood grain wheel. I didn't like the DTS that came after that, sh*t was "Boxy" and slim. These new models with all the gidgets and gadgets don't have the appeal of that gangsta lean and feelin of whippin a bog body Lac. They trying to compete with BMW. Let the Euro have their European sh*t! I want American big body luxury with seats I can damn near fall asleep in with enough space in the back to Airbnb that hoe! If any of you know Cadillac history, they were about to die back in the days but since they were such a big deal among African Americans, they got saved by a guy that looked past color and saw an easy fix. Now is the time for Cadillac to listen again..........
+3   

3 weeks ago '08        #29
Skilly713 
space
space
Props total: 9406 9 K  Slaps total: 797 797
n*ggas in here really sh*ttin on the legendary honda accords, what's next yall gone sh*t on the old school acs?

One of my vehicles is a Honda accord, I'll take that over these flaky new age Caddies.
+1   

3 weeks ago '09        #30
jasperfect 
space
space
Props total: 1592 1 K  Slaps total: 330 330
I still like the look and feel of Cadillac's but there's too much competition and too many choices. Not even counting BMW,Benz and Lexus. You have Volvo, infiniti, Acura, Audi, Porsche, Lincoln, Jaguar, Alfa Romeo and now Genesis. Not to mention most mainstream companies are making Premium cars that compete with luxury in terms of looks, comfort and technology. If you don't care about cache or performance you can save tens of thousands of dollars by getting a top of the line mainstream brand. I'd rather spend 45k use cheaper gas and pay less for insurance, Than spend 60k and have all other cost higher. That's just me though.
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #31
Ghostface Killa 
space
space
Props total: 5657 5 K  Slaps total: 916 916
 Aries said
I heard they make great cars these days, but I don't like the way they look
Nah, they break too much

3 weeks ago '09        #32
jasperfect 
space
space
Props total: 1592 1 K  Slaps total: 330 330
 J AL7 said
I had a 2000 Cadillac DTS! A big bi*ch with a big engine, plush leather seats and wood grain wheel. I didn't like the DTS that came after that, sh*t was "Boxy" and slim. These new models with all the gidgets and gadgets don't have the appeal of that gangsta lean and feelin of whippin a bog body Lac. They trying to compete with BMW. Let the Euro have their European sh*t! I want American big body luxury with seats I can damn near fall asleep in with enough space in the back to Airbnb that hoe! If any of you know Cadillac history, they were about to die back in the days but since they were such a big deal among African Americans, they got saved by a guy that looked past color and saw an easy fix. Now is the time for Cadillac to listen again..........
Was almost ready to prop... African Americans saved them because other luxury brands wouldn't sell to blacks. Unfortunately they were just another brand that used and abused us. They wouldn't sell to us when they fell out of favor they started to selling to us to save their a*s. I'm agreeing with your post except it makes it seem like Cadillac was breaking down barriers when really they just did it for the money.
+5   

3 weeks ago '17        #33
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 70076 70 K  Slaps total: 4161 4 K
 MayneThaTruth2 said
Great thread. Took me on a journey.

These days Cadillac's look like Honda's. They trash
Not my CTS-V.

But the new lineup looks trash

+2   

3 weeks ago '18        #34
MayneThaTruth2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 6182 6 K  Slaps total: 6047 6 K
 Naga Sadow said
Not my CTS-V.

But the new lineup looks trash

Lol you got one of them weird "new" lacs. The last time they looked good was in the very laye 90's and early 2000's. Thats the last time they looked smooth as hell!

3 weeks ago '17        #35
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 70076 70 K  Slaps total: 4161 4 K
 MayneThaTruth2 said
Lol you got one of them weird "new" lacs. The last time they looked good was in the very laye 90's and early 2000's. Thats the last time they looked smooth as hell!
Mine is a 2016 and that this is hella s*xy.
+2   

3 weeks ago '18        #36
MayneThaTruth2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 6182 6 K  Slaps total: 6047 6 K
 Naga Sadow said
Mine is a 2016 and that this is hella s*xy.
But it got them goofy a*s lights all the new lacs have, and it got that sports car/sedan look all the new lacs got.

I told you, lacs aint been the same since the late 90's and early 2000's.

3 weeks ago '04        #37
class01 
space
space
space
Props total: 426 426  Slaps total: 60 60
2016 CTS-V here. You guys are crazy. I get compliments alllll the time and I'll smoke everyone who said something bad about Cadillac in this thread. $100k car
+3   

3 weeks ago '04        #38
class01 
space
space
space

+7   

3 weeks ago '04        #39
class01 
space
space
space

+5   

3 weeks ago '10        #40
ColeWorld 
space
space
Props total: 5489 5 K  Slaps total: 772 772
 RayDonovan said
sh*t looks like a top end malibu smh
I thought the same sh*t

2 weeks ago '15        #41
Kno 
space
space
Props total: 19125 19 K  Slaps total: 2076 2 K
Old school caddy’s are cool they had their own character but these days why get a caddy when for the same price you can get a much better car from another brand with more clout and better technology?

GM in general has fallen behind a bit lately. As a truck guy the new Silverado is stupid ugly, the GMC looks great but both have bullsh*t interiors that Ford and Ram are sh*tting on by miles.

2 weeks ago '14        #42
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
Props total: 21577 21 K  Slaps total: 4364 4 K
I believe it. They probably sell their SUVs most but even that...If you order car service/Uber black...You won't really give a fu*k whether it's a Tahoe/Suburban or Yukon/Yukon XL when you're in the back.

Cadillac should have went more high-end and focused on the V lines instead of trying to appeal to the masses.

Even now...I love renting/driving their trucks when I'm traveling and need a car for a few days, but if I was going to purchase one personally...I'd buy a Yukon Denali and save the extra cash for Tint & Wheels.

The Cadillac name isn't what it used to be to justify the extra $$$. It's really GM's fault. If you want to sell 3 identical vehicles...You need to insure the difference is noticeable if you wish to push into a high-end market category. What makes an Escalade special over a loaded-up Yukon other than color choices and badging? Nothing.

The other difference I notice is foreign car makers have a bit more tolerance when it comes to running razor-thin margins on their luxury marques. They'll come close to losing money on their flagships in order to protect the brand image. GM won't do some sh*t like that and it hurts them.

That's why companies like Mercedes will spend hundreds of millions on their racing programs because they know this translates into brand appeal/value. That's why all the classic Cadillacs we all know and love are still beloved...Because Cadillac used to mean exclusivity, not availability. It used to mean something to have the big body Cadillac of your day.

Not as luxurious and refined as a Mercedes.
They're not as fast as BMW's.
Not as reliable as a Lexus.

Where does it fit in exactly when they're not even cool as those anymore?

Last edited by FukHowYouFeel; 11-04-2019 at 02:30 PM..

2 weeks ago '04        #43
jaynat603 
space
space
Props total: 2082 2 K  Slaps total: 271 271
 yumflip said
Short body mid 80's 'Lac k*lled the game. Mid/Late 90's 'Lacs were solid. XT5 is tough & all the new crossovers are right. Still an aspirational brand to those who grew up on them.
I own an XT5 and I love it. No problems, reliable, easy to handle and the maintenance is not too expensive. I don't see any talk about how the 2012 - 2016 cadillac SRX changed the game competing with Mercades and BMW and it still holds value. The SRX is what got me interested in a cadillac and one thing I've noticed is that the ones who bash cadillacs nowadays are pretty rough on vehicles themselves

Last edited by jaynat603; 11-04-2019 at 03:25 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #44
Cutty Olds 
space
space
Props total: 10769 10 K  Slaps total: 1011 1 K
 Humblegold said
Mercedes amg e63 s-wagon >>>

It's a race car but station wagon - very unique sleeper lol
Its cool, but I like the CTS V Wagon better

damn shame they stopped making it

2 weeks ago '04        #45
smurfdoran 
space
space
space
Props total: 583 583  Slaps total: 53 53
 class01 said
2016 CTS-V here. You guys are crazy. I get compliments alllll the time and I'll smoke everyone who said something bad about Cadillac in this thread. $100k car
Hell yeah. I get compliments all the time. I want that CT6 or Genesis, or Benz E-43 AMG, OR Kia 900. I just know it’s so many other options depending on luxury and power.
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #46
projectd06 
space
space
Props total: 15513 15 K  Slaps total: 4438 4 K
I buy cars for function
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #47
J AL7 
space
space
Props total: 302 302  Slaps total: 31 31
 jasperfect said
Was almost ready to prop... African Americans saved them because other luxury brands wouldn't sell to blacks. Unfortunately they were just another brand that used and abused us. They wouldn't sell to us when they fell out of favor they started to selling to us to save their a*s. I'm agreeing with your post except it makes it seem like Cadillac was breaking down barriers when really they just did it for the money.
You're absolutely right, they were dying and needed to find a way to survive! Much like everything else in this country, we make it cool and then they profit

2 weeks ago '04        #48
class01 
space
space
space
You guys probably love those ugly a*s Camrys and Honda Civics

2 weeks ago '07        #49
young mad 
space
space
Props total: 11551 11 K  Slaps total: 771 771
 C.R.I.P. said
I’ll never understand why companies like Cadillac won’t be bold in their aesthetic design.
They save money by reusing platforms across brands

2 weeks ago '04        #50
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
Props total: 1253 1 K  Slaps total: 245 245
I miss my CTS coupe. When that sh*t came out in 2011, the design was futuristic and creative.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+118online now  40
Video inside Woman Leaves Car Running In Her Driveway, A Nigga Walking By Just Takes..
281 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  33
Video inside It finally happened, it has begun, the end for decency is here. They’re..
79 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+91online now  14
Max Kellerman got Stephen A. On hush mode about Kaep now
140 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  11
Damon Dash arrested over $400K in ‘unpaid child support’