The Official Organized Crime Thread pt2(news, docs, discussion ect)

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '16        #776
smokeytheblunt2  OP
space
space
Props total: 24835 24 K  Slaps total: 1248 1 K
10/31/19 STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – During the course of a three-and-a-half-hour interrogation, Anthony Comello told a detective he k*lled mob boss Francesco (Franky Boy) Cali outside the victim’s Staten Island home seven months ago because Cali threatened to have him k*lled after Comello hit his SUV on the street, it was revealed in court Wednesday.

Later on, Comello changed his story, saying he had been blackmailed into k*lling Cali, 53, the Gambino crime family’s top honcho, by “people” who threatened to reveal how he contracted HIV from a stripper.

Comello, 25, also provided a third account, saying he had actually gone to the victim’s house to “spill the beans” and warn him that organized crime had ordered a hit on him.

A videotape of the March 16 interrogation played during a pretrial hearing also showed Comello telling a detective he took HIV medicine, vomiting into a wastebasket, requesting medical attention and complaining about the feds watching over everyone.

Justice William E. Garnett convened the hearing to determine whether Comello’s statements to authorities were made voluntarily and can be used against him at trial.

Robert Gottlieb, Comello’s lawyer, contends the Eltingville resident’s statements should be suppressed due to his physical and mental state at the time of the interview.

“They knew he had HIV and takes medication. They knew it was violent vomiting,” Gottlieb told the court. “The pain is so severe that the questioning is tantamount to keeping him in a coercive environment against his will. It all adds up, not only the physical illness, but the paranoia, that renders the statement involuntary. It is the totality of the circumstances.”

Assistant District Attorney Wanda DeOliveira countered that Comello had been read his Miranda rights against self-incrimination, waived them and spoke to investigators.

She said the defendant continued talking to detectives for about two and a half hours, even after throwing up.

“It’s whether or not his condition … impairs his decision-making,” said DeOliveira, who was joined by a*sistant District Attorney Carrie Low. “It seems once he vomits, he appears better. … He’s offered to go to the hospital. It’s almost as if he’s bargaining with the detective … so I submit his mindset is crystal-clear. I ask the court to look at the video in its entirety.”

Only portions of the interview were played during the proceeding.

Garnett said he’ll review the entire tape in chambers.

The judge said he will rule on the defense motion to suppress the statements at the next hearing on Dec. 5 in state Supreme Court, St. George.

Comello did not testify during the three-and-a-half-hour proceeding.

Garbed in a dark blue suit and blue shirt, he is clean-cut, having shorn a bushy beard.

The defendant sat with his left hand cuffed to a chair at the defense table, writing on paper, drumming his fingers and whispering often to Paul Townsend, Gottlieb’s a*sociate.

At the end of the hearing, Comello sought to address the court, but Garnett denied him.

The defendant is facing murder and other charges stemming from Cali’s March 13 slaying and is expected to present an insanity defense at trial.

A trial date has not been set.

DETECTIVE TESTIFIES

Detective Daniel Guariano of the Staten Island Homicide Squad was the only witness to testify.

He said he initially encountered Comello at around 8:45 a.m. on March 16 shortly after the defendant’s arrest in Ocean County, N.J.

Comello was in the back of a police car and was being taken to the Ocean County prosecutor’s office for questioning by Guariano.

The detective said Comello asked him if he watched Fox News, then said he had contracted AIDS after having s*x with a stripper while high on cocaine.

Comello also said he was taking medicine for HIV.

Under questioning by Gottlieb, Guariano said he didn’t inquire further about the medicine.

Guariano said Comello was read his Miranda Rights after arriving at the Ocean County prosecutor’s office.

DeOliveira then played a segment of the tape in which Comello admitted to shooting Cali outside the victim’s Hilltop Terrace home.

He said he had parked on the victim’s street because it was dark, and smoked pot. He also said he was high on suboxone.

Comello told the detective he was so high, he backed into Comello’s SUV and knocked off the license plate.

He said the victim came out, he apologized, and Cali became incensed.

“He said, ‘What are you, f------ kidding me? … You don’t know who I am. I could have you k*lled. You’re lucky I don’t k*ll you right here and now,’” Comello told Guariano.

Frightened, Comello said he shot Cali.

“I was scared. I was jumpy, I was high. … I just zoned out. … I would never do something malicious like that,” said Comello.

Asked about the gun, a 9 mm, Comello told the detective: “I always had that gun. It’s a just-in-case gun.”

At that point in the interview, Comello said he didn’t know Cali, and the mob didn’t dispatch him to execute the victim.

“I feel horrible about it,'' he said. "I was threatened and I was scared. I’m nobody’s dog. I wasn’t sent there.”

ALTERNATE ACCOUNT

Later in the interview, the defendant provided alternate accounts of the shooting, including saying he was blackmailed into k*lling Cali.

When the detective asked who, bringing up the name of several mobsters, Comello, responded, “I’m not a rat.”

However, Comello also said he had received a text from mobsters a few days before the slaying telling him to “take care of that other guy.”

In his cross-examination, Gottlieb hammered at Guariano for not inquiring further about the Comello’s HIV medicine and the effect it could have on him.

Gottlieb also contended Comello was seriously ill as evidenced by his vomiting.

In addition, he questioned why the detective didn’t pursue further when Comello initially asked the investigator if he watched Fox News.

The lawyer also suggested Comello’s statements about the all-watching feds and their “Eye in the Sky” was evidence of paranoia.

In court papers, the defense maintains Comello drove to the house to affect a citizen’s arrest on Cali.

He believed the mob boss “held a significant status in a worldwide criminal cabal bent on the destruction of American values and the American way of life,” a defense motions contends.

That alleged criminal conspiracy group is commonly referred to as the “Deep State.”

In the weeks preceding the slaying, Comello had become increasingly vocal about his support of the QAnon group – a right-wing conspiracy-theory organization in which he is believed to have a fundamental role: Protecting President Trump, according to a defense motion.

“Comello’s support for QAnon went beyond mere participation in a radical political organization,” the motion said. “It evolved into a delusional obsession.”

According to the motion, Comello planned to handcuff Cali and deliver him to the military.

how does this keep getting weirder? the shipment of coke getting busted in the days leading up, months later a lot of his family(and presumably him had he lived) are arrested in Sicily and the US and the most he's heard talked about on the Sicilian wires was them discussing property Cali owned in the DR and what they were going to do with it............

still too much of a wild card to have a kid like that k*ll a member of the Gambino admin with no crash car or back up shooter imo..........

then again, crash cars and back up shooters are mob calling cards, obviously if it was the mob they would do things different to try to ensure that it doesn't come back............

idk, his best friend took his spot (which is always an interesting sign) and an american guy that was directly under him at one point was picked as his replacements consig...............like the Sicilians were trying to appease the american faction by appointing somebody Mannino would have no problem controlling...........

Last edited by smokeytheblunt2; 11-02-2019 at 10:22 AM..
+1   

1 week ago '16        #777
smokeytheblunt2  OP
space
space

confirms sammy was lying about the Scarfo meeting.............

I think that was sammy trying to sh*t on Nicky over Nick's deathbed trump comments.........

1 week ago '16        #778
smokeytheblunt2  OP
space
space

so the cops had two mobsters in mind to ask comello if they hired him.....we can all safely a*sume that one of the mobsters was Genie Gotti............

wonder who the second one was and why they thought to ask?

7 days ago '16        #779
smokeytheblunt2  OP
space
space
Mafia cop Louis Eppolito dies while serving life in prison for mob hits
By Larry Celona and Ben Feuerherd November 4, 2019 | 10:50pm | Updated

Mafia cop Louis Eppolito — who along with his partner Stephen Caracappa helped whack several men for the Lucchese crime family — died on Sunday while serving a life sentence in federal prison, law-enforcement sources told the Post. He was 71.

The ex-NYPD detective was serving a life sentence at the United States Penitentiary in Tucson for the eight contract k*llings that he and Caracappa helped carry out starting in the 1980s.

“Louis died in a hospital with dignity and caring people around him,” his wife, Frances Ann Eppolito, told The Post.

His daughter, Andrea Eppolito-Fisher, mourned her father’s death in a Facebook post Sunday.

“My father, Louis John Eppolito, died peacefully in his sleep at 9:03 pm,” she wrote in the message.

“He died like he lived, on his own terms, as a f*ghter. And I will miss him and love him forever,” she added. His cause of death was not immediately known. A source said he’d been struggling with health issues for years.

Eppolito and Caracappa were arrested by Drug Enforcement Administration agents in 2005 and convicted for their involvement in the eight murders in 2006.

In a deal struck with Lucchese underboss Anthony “Gaspipe” Casso, the two NYPD detectives agreed to pass intelligence reports about mob rats to the crime family in exchange for a monthly salary. In two of the slayings they did for the mafia family, Eppolito and Caracappa used NYPD intelligence to track down Lucchese rivals and deliver them to mob executioners.

One of the victims, Israeli diamond dealer Israel Greenwald, was pulled over by the dirty detectives after they tracked his license plate using an NYPD database.

They drove him to a warehouse on Nostrand Avenue in Brooklyn, where Caracappa and another mafia hood k*lled him, while Eppolito acted as a lookout, it was revealed at their trial.

Greenwald’s remains were buried underneath the warehouse, until they were excavated in 2005.

In another one of the contract-hits, Caracappa and Eppolito shoved a canary into the mouth of a Lucchese a*sociate suspected of informing on the mob outfit.

Caracappa died at a medical detention facility in Butner, North Carolina, in 2017. He was 75.

also I suppose its worth noting that he played Fat Andy in Goodfellas and snatched Ray Liotta's wallet when he was studying for the roll........I really want to say that Liotta said that out of all the people he came across during filming that Eppilito came across as more of a mobster than anybody else..........

7 days ago '16        #780
smokeytheblunt2  OP
space
space
they're famous for being gas pipe's lap dogs but they made a lot of money protecting the Cherrry Hill Gambinos too...........

I also think that they were involved in a lot more that than what they were charged with............

eppilto had deep ties to the Gambino family and I can only imagine helped them as much as possible before they k*lled his uncle and cousin(even tho it wouldn't be a shocker if he really didn't care and continued to work with them)..........

I know gravano knew about them and Im pretty sure was told to keep it to himself while testifying...........

by the time casso flipped they were a selling point tho.............

something always seemed weird about the whole thing and I wonder what happened in that year and a half-two year span where they went from don't talk about them to casso winning them over with handing them over(then later overstepping by bringing up sammy's heroin operation and a dirty fed)...........

as batsh*t as it sounds it almost sounds like they were top echelon informants..........
+1   

5 days ago '10        #781
t from the 617 
space
space
Props total: 15143 15 K  Slaps total: 521 521
 smokeytheblunt2 said
as batsh*t as it sounds it almost sounds like they were top echelon informants..........
that doesn't sound crazy at all tbh. by this point after whitey bulger and greg scarpa we know there's really no rules to this sh*t. eppolito and carracappa were probably giving the feds all sorts of dirt on other crooked cops in addition to sh*t involving mobsters. in those days entire precincts were on the take. they outlived their usefulness and got too arrogant with the book and sh*t like that.
+1   

5 days ago '10        #782
t from the 617 
space
space
from gang land this week: vincent bruno with 20 p's of bud and his grandma

the luchese trial is finished, hopefully we get a verdict this week..
+2   

5 days ago '16        #783
smokeytheblunt2  OP
space
space
 t from the 617 said
from gang land this week: vincent bruno with 20 p's of bud and his grandma

the luchese trial is finished, hopefully we get a verdict this week..
wtf..........

i think Matty and Stevie are sunk as far as the trial......they should beat the murder but they’re fu*ked on almost everything else.......

what do you think about all the new comello sh*t that’s come out?
+1   

5 days ago '10        #784
t from the 617 
space
space
 smokeytheblunt2 said
wtf..........

i think Matty and Stevie are sunk as far as the trial......they should beat the murder but they’re fu*ked on almost everything else.......

what do you think about all the new comello sh*t that’s come out?
his story is pretty inconsistent so it naturally leads me to believe he's not being truthful but the sh*t is just so bizarre.. i really could see him being one of these nutjobs on the internet, he def fits the bill. but there's too many coincidences with the sh*t that was going on around cali at the time.

what happened to the story with cali's niece? wouldn't she be able to confirm or deny whether cali and comello were aware of each other? lot of sh*t missing here.

i really can't help but think the sh*t is mob related, but then again i also think vito is in DR chilling on the beach...
+1   

5 days ago '16        #785
smokeytheblunt2  OP
space
space
 t from the 617 said
his story is pretty inconsistent so it naturally leads me to believe he's not being truthful but the sh*t is just so bizarre.. i really could see him being one of these nutjobs on the internet, he def fits the bill. but there's too many coincidences with the sh*t that was going on around cali at the time.

what happened to the story with cali's niece? wouldn't she be able to confirm or deny whether cali and comello were aware of each other? lot of sh*t missing here.

i really can't help but think the sh*t is mob related, but then again i also think vito is in DR chilling on the beach...
he told the cops 4 stories.........

one was that he was in that neighborhood cuz they had a lightless cul de sac that he used to smoke on(in 2019 when you can smoke trees openly easier than cigarettes almost) and was high on trees and suboxone, hit Calis car on accident, Cali comes out enraged and threatens him(despite shaking hands lol) and camello shoots out of fear.......

another was that the mob bribed him to do it cuz he got hiv from a stripper and were threatening to expose him..........

the third was about how people had hired him but he wasn’t a rat and wouldn’t name who had him do it........

and the fourth was that batsh*t trump story.........

they asked him about the niece and he denied it but said that he had dated a mobsters niece in the past but that guy is in jail.........

im split on it. if it was a mob hit you’d think they’d of k*lled him immediately after in case he’d talk but he’s so fu*king off that they might not have worried about anybody ever taking him seriously.......

there was just so much going on around his name and going on in general that really makes me think........

because of him his wife’s family came all the way back in Sicily but who knows.........

i’ve looked around, i can’t find any evidence that he was going to be indicted or arrested like a lot of his family over there and over here and that kind of makes me wonder too........

4 days ago '16        #786
smokeytheblunt2  OP
space
space
 t from the 617 said
that doesn't sound crazy at all tbh. by this point after whitey bulger and greg scarpa we know there's really no rules to this sh*t. eppolito and carracappa were probably giving the feds all sorts of dirt on other crooked cops in addition to sh*t involving mobsters. in those days entire precincts were on the take. they outlived their usefulness and got too arrogant with the book and sh*t like that.
don't forget about both of the Flemmi brothers and Mark Rosselli............

and who the fu*k knows who else was...........its been long rumored that Tony Accardo was but I think he just had Bill Roemer in his back pocket. speaking of Roemer he had two high ranking top echelon informants from The Outfit that worked for him that never really got exposed...........

and if the mafia cops were top echelon informants it was eppilito that fu*ked it up for them. he was the one on tv, in a movie(as a gangster no less) and would have been the one that would still have any usefulness as far as organized crime was concerned a*suming he still had relationships in the Gambinos ........
+1   

4 days ago '16        #787
smokeytheblunt2  OP
space
space
so its going to come out in court(or already has) that Chris Londonio was planning to k*ll Matty Maddona's wife if his escape plan worked.............
+1   

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  68
Image(s) inside Lil reese reportedly shot
289 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+30online now  43
Video inside Snoop Has A Message "Oh Cuz, Its Black/Brown Together You Got A Problem..
117 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+27online now  29
Video inside Abandoned Japanese Billionaire 200,000,000 Mansion w/ Everything Left B..
65 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  21
What TV streaming service do you have?
82 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy