Megan Rapinoe IS Back At It Yet Again

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+29  258
238 replies  @sports

most viewed right now
212 replies  @guap

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 weeks ago '20        #26
A2020poster 
Props total: 651 651  Slaps total: 31 31
 cledee23 said
This is not true. How much money has been spent on the MLS for it to be 5th or 6th or 7th in men's professional sports. If more women watched, more money would be pumped into the leagues. You think there's a bachelor, bachelorette, bachelor in paradise series because money was just pumped in from the start? No, women had an interest in it, the audience grew, and more money was made from the viewership. Then they started pumping money into it once they realized they had a hit. It's simple, women are not supporting it.
That’s why I feel like they should refocus their efforts instead of stomping their feet and putting the pressure on “gender bias” the “sports industry” they should be putting the pressure on women to watch more.. something that’s actually feasible and could make a difference. They have the platform but the energy is directed the wrong way.
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #27
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 40976 40 K  Slaps total: 20309 20 K

At this point this stuff is embarrassing. I read 3-4 paragraphs of her banter before I realized she has no point. Black men are the easiest target out here man this dyke went after draymond..he can’t help her.
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #28
mista_millz 
Props total: 4910 4 K  Slaps total: 812 812
 TriniSoldier said
The equal pay argument is a myth created by weirdos who hate women. Nobody is saying they should be having 300m contracts. However fu*king russian basketball or wherever they go shouldn't be dwarfing wnba salaries
fu*k equal pay

can you dunk bi*ch

smh
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #29
Tmoe 
Props total: 387 387  Slaps total: 11 11
WNBA has been in the red since 95, only reason they are still here is because the NBA funds it. If that was any other business, it would have folded in 98 if that. It’s really not a man vs woman argument, more on the lines of a good product vs a bad product. Numbers don’t lie.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #30
DonC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 26331 26 K  Slaps total: 14990 14 K
 KeepinItTrill said
bruh...they win world cups...the men can't even qualify
Yup you are still far away from the point...it all comes down to the revenue they bring in from FIFA, from Global Media/Sponsors, from National/local Media/Sponsors.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #31
DonC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 26331 26 K  Slaps total: 14990 14 K
 cledee23 said
This is not true. How much money has been spent on the MLS for it to be 5th or 6th or 7th in men's professional sports. If more women watched, more money would be pumped into the leagues. You think there's a bachelor, bachelorette, bachelor in paradise series because money was just pumped in from the start? No, women had an interest in it, the audience grew, and more money was made from the viewership. Then they started pumping money into it once they realized they had a hit. It's simple, women are not supporting it.
It's a delicate strategy here....does the chicken or egg come first.

Some argue if women watch more, more money would be pumped into it....another argues, if you pump money, promote and market the game properly, more women and men would watch...you get it.

From a business standpoint, they need to invest money into the game, market/promote the game and the star players, and target the right audience to get the game going....you can't just wait for women to watch the game because obviously that hasn't worked. You need the investment and right promotion/marketing to get people across the board to watch the game....

In 1996, I was a big fan of the inauguration WNBA..Cynthia Cooper was my female MJ and I watched WNBA crazily the first five years. But they marketed the game well then but somewhere down the line they stopped growing the game the way they ought to....

2 weeks ago '11        #32
Slingy 
Props total: 9629 9 K  Slaps total: 2362 2 K
Make people want to watch first. Then talk money.
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #33
KeepinItTrill 
Props total: 59109 59 K  Slaps total: 4011 4 K
 DonC said
Yup you are still far away from the point...it all comes down to the revenue they bring in from FIFA, from Global Media/Sponsors, from National/local Media/Sponsors.
I get that...

the fact remains that they win at the highest level and still get paid pennies on the dollar, that's fu*ked up

and I said in a previous post, I don't think it should be a 1:1 ratio, but they def. should be getting more than they're getting

2 weeks ago '04        #34
cledee23 
Props total: 4369 4 K  Slaps total: 568 568
 DonC said
It's a delicate strategy here....does the chicken or egg come first.

Some argue if women watch more, more money would be pumped into it....another argues, if you pump money, promote and market the game properly, more women and men would watch...you get it.

From a business standpoint, they need to invest money into the game, market/promote the game and the star players, and target the right audience to get the game going....you can't just wait for women to watch the game because obviously that hasn't worked. You need the investment and right promotion/marketing to get people across the board to watch the game....

In 1996, I was a big fan of the inauguration WNBA..Cynthia Cooper was my female MJ and I watched WNBA crazily the first five years. But they marketed the game well then but somewhere down the line they stopped growing the game the way they ought to....
Again, the MLS has been pumped with money, why does it still rate lower than most sports. If more men watched soccer they would pay more in the MLS. More players would stay in America.

2 weeks ago '12        #35
nappygoat 
Props total: 32 32  Slaps total: 1 1
 KeepinItTrill said
yea I don't agree with the equal pay part

the womens US soccer team def. deserves more than what the men get though since they can actually win games
Funny thing is the woman actually did get paid more than the men.

+2   

2 weeks ago '12        #36
DoMieD 
Props total: 3608 3 K  Slaps total: 1333 1 K
Literally can’t stand her or anything she stands for
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #37
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17650 17 K  Slaps total: 3207 3 K
 Chozen said
She has valid points just like he does
 TriniSoldier said
The equal pay argument is a myth created by weirdos who hate women. Nobody is saying they should be having 300m contracts. However fu*king russian basketball or wherever they go shouldn't be dwarfing wnba salaries
 KeepinItTrill said
did you not read what she said?

she said if there was more money behind it people would be more interested...

you can't get interest without money being pumped into the leagues...that goes for any sport
I kept reading it but she didn't have a point or any solutions on how they can make more money.
Also who in their right mind, I'm talking about business people would throw more money at a business that's already losing money.

also they make a lot more money in Russia because the quality of basketball is better and plus they don't have many professional sports to compete with.
Imo the solution is simple, they need to find more viewers so they can generate more revenue so they can get more money.

the only way they could get more viewers is if women take an interest in watching the WNBA.

but women would rather watch real housewives of hip Hop or whatever the f*** it is then to watch terrible basketball.
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #38
MysticKJ 
Props total: 8219 8 K  Slaps total: 480 480
 KeepinItTrill said

the womens US soccer team def. deserves more than what the men get though since they can actually win games
Women’s team chose a salary as compensation; men chose a different sliding scale. The women screwed themselves with that, but it did provide more security. But their ability to earn is stunted unlike the men’s pay options.

2 weeks ago '17        #39
Harasnart 
Props total: 14067 14 K  Slaps total: 9016 9 K
 TriniSoldier said
Your a dumb bafoon... how much have you spent on the wnba? Let’s see the jerseys and merch. fu*king moron

If they created revenue, their salaries would increase. Most teams are at a net loss.. and you want more expenses? Dumb bafoon

2 weeks ago '10        #40
beast mode 
Props total: 5246 5 K  Slaps total: 2987 2 K
 Chozen said
neither of them do. they are in a competition to see who is more of an idiot on the subject
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #41
aireeezy 
Props total: 117 117  Slaps total: 110 110
How can there be more money behind a women’s team who can’t beat a 15 year old boys team? No one wants to watch that garbage foh

2 weeks ago '16        #42
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 36675 36 K  Slaps total: 4107 4 K
 KeepinItTrill said

They win games against Thailand and other teams where the level of interest and organization in women's is in its infancy.

If women watched the sh*t the money would flow, just like it does for all those reality TV shows that keep being made for no good reason, besides money flowing...

2 weeks ago '08        #43
Skilly713 
Props total: 19886 19 K  Slaps total: 1555 1 K
Woman should be upset at other woman for not walking the talk. The anger and frustration is misdirected, they are basically upset with males because females aren't supporting them outside of a few hashtags.

You don't see g-league or arena football players mad at nba or nfl players for not going to bat for them.

2 weeks ago '05        #44
rellish 
Props total: 10587 10 K  Slaps total: 1451 1 K
This broad literally has the "complexion for the connection",, & she got the nerve to be mad at Draymond

She need to put in work & be more active than this. Hope Dray dont even respond anymore. He tried.

Last edited by rellish; 04-08-2021 at 12:46 AM..

2 weeks ago '09        #45
dadon85 
Props total: 40832 40 K  Slaps total: 4390 4 K
Wnba is getting better. Wnba in 2k. The pay has went up a bit. Nba players can support more but women in general need to support. Get more sponsors

2 weeks ago '16        #46
dablakkman 
Props total: 864 864  Slaps total: 276 276
BX sucker simp feminists, tell me how you market a bunch of studs marrying other women and chopping off their t*ts to traditional families and heteros*xual women?

Add on top of that, the low-quality basketball and futbol played.

But they deserve equal and more pay.
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #47
rshodunke 
Props total: 598 598  Slaps total: 32 32
I can't speak for other women sports outside of soccer, but the USWNT has been far more successful than the men, and are way more popular and well known here. I agree they deserve to be paid the same as the men, if not more.

2 weeks ago '16        #48
Negusis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26719 26 K  Slaps total: 3527 3 K
 TriniSoldier said
Why shouldn't it?

Obviously, the demand in Russia is bigger than the demand in America. It's two completely different markets. The WNBA players in general have chosen to not make their game more watchable, they've chose to wine and cry about it.

Cause if I want more money at my job, I have to either development skills to higher level that could command that salary or do things that makes myself unique and more valuable. That's with any job. The WNBA players in general have done neither.

They think them showing up is the job. Tennis for example, many of the top female players earn more than the male players. Not because they are better, but because they are unique and interesting enough to command that. And notice no male tennis players complain, cause they understand basic economics. Serena, Osaka, etc., they all have something about them that makes them unique to where they can command what they receive. Is a guy like Gael Monfils better than them by miles? Of course. But they have a uniqueness about them that make them household names and Monfils isn't.

Just because you want, wish or would like something to be true, doesn't make it true. At the end of the day, it will come down to the money. People will vote with their a*sets. Cause even women, trans, gay, bi, etc. all vote with their dollars and chose everything, but the WNBA.

You are worth what you are able to negotiate. If you can't negotiate it, then you ain't worth it.

2 weeks ago '18        #49
br82186  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 45038 45 K  Slaps total: 2778 2 K
 TriniSoldier said
True, but trust and believe that they're gonna make that an issue as well. End of the day they want to get paid and that's fine, issue is that they want close to the same pay as the NBA and that is where the issue lies.

2 weeks ago '07        #50
stogz 
Props total: 97382 97 K  Slaps total: 13122 13 K
 Chozen said
She's the WRONG person to speak on WNBA economics. Her valid points are that right now, women's national team soccer players should get paid more than men because they generate more than men. Anything outside of that, she's just incorrect.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+19online now  19
Apr 18 - Chicago - 6 Year Old Girl k*lled At McDonalds Drive Thru
172 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+85online now  18
My boy Nasir got one with this lotion
188 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+83online now  14
Video inside Chloe Bailey... Top Notch baddest chick in the game
149 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  8
Video inside VIDEO: Whatever Happened @ Last Night's Show It's Clear- Nobody Was Get..
88 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy