Jokic made one of the most incredible shots i seen

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+79  27
79 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

1 week ago '16        #1
2080 page views
55 comments

GUMa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 5655 5 K  Slaps total: 5053 5 K
Jokic made one of the most incredible shots i seen

in a bit

Sombor Shuffle image
+17   

best
worst
55 comments

1 week ago '07        #2
theynd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6305 6 K  Slaps total: 1143 1 K
 GUMa said
in a bit

Sombor Shuffle
Bro, he does this every single game
+16   

1 week ago '19        #3
KeyserSoze  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9750 9 K  Slaps total: 1571 1 K
Serbian style!!!!

1 week ago '20        #4
garrywithtwors 
Props total: 8520 8 K  Slaps total: 701 701
 theynd said
Bro, he does this every single game
Straight facts. The ugliest and slowest Dirk Nowitzki impression I've seen in my life. But that sh*t work

+30   

1 week ago '11        #5
Kooper  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 13391 13 K  Slaps total: 2184 2 K
Dirk did this all the time.
+20   

1 week ago '17        #6
Cronion2415  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 19834 19 K  Slaps total: 977 977
He's gotta be in the MVP discussion, seriously.

1 week ago '18        #7
back1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 7435 7 K  Slaps total: 3254 3 K
That’s a travel and he does it continuously. It pisses me off.

He actually traveled twice on the play. Took two steps didn’t shoot, then stepped before the dribble.

Then after the dribble he switches pivot feet before releasing the ball.

Dudes completely ignored the fact that you can’t take 3 steps before or after the dribble. It’s not a harden gather situation either. He’s just taking 3 steps but he’s so slow no one knows how to call it.

On his spin fade aways, his right foot always comes off the ground while he’s still on his left foot. Both feet have to come off the ground at the same time for it to be legal. Otherwise that’s just switching your pivot foot.

Last edited by back1; 04-07-2021 at 01:35 AM..
+10   

1 week ago '16        #8
GUMa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
 back1 said
Thatís a travel and he does it continuously. It pisses me off.

He actually traveled twice on the play. Took two steps didnít shoot, then stepped before the dribble.

it ain't though
+4   

1 week ago '18        #9
 GUMa said
it ain't though
I edited my post. Reread it.

Itís clearly a travel.

1 week ago '18        #10
 GUMa said
You obviously hate the guy and hate that he is one of the most dominant centers in a long time, it ain't a travel
Huge fan of his skill set. Love Denverís team. I think they will be in the finals. They remind me of GSW in 2015.

But thatís a travel bro. Tell me where Iím lying.
+2   

1 week ago '16        #11
 back1 said
Huge fan of his skill set. Love Denverís team. I think they will be in the finals. They remind me of GSW in 2015.

But thatís a travel bro. Tell me where Iím lying.
ok looking at the video, it could of been called a travel in this particular scenario......

however most the time he does it it is legit because he usually does a side step and leans on his right foot/left foot. So itís not a travel.

this scenario though could of been called for one though
+1   

1 week ago '18        #12
 GUMa said
ok looking at the video, it could of been called a travel in this particular scenario......

however most the time he does it it is legit because he usually does a side step and leans on his right foot/left foot. So itís not a travel.

this scenario though could of been called for one though
Fair enough. I just seen him do this particular thing many times before. But I donít watch every Denver game. So I canít say he ALWAYS does it.

Iím just a stickler for traveling and I have an eye for it. Not just calling out Jokic.

LeBron essentially canít go one on on without traveling (all his spin moves are travels). Dwades spin move was a travel too (both guys hop on the pivot foot mid spin, which is a travel).

I just hate sloppy footwork.

Harden and Giannis have mastered the gather sh*t. Most of the time their moves that look like travels arenít.
+3   

1 week ago '15        #13
naledgestate 
Props total: 25714 25 K  Slaps total: 2106 2 K
 Kooper said
Dirk did this all the time.
/thread

+2   

1 week ago '16        #14
 back1 said
Fair enough. I just seen him do this particular thing many times before. But I don’t watch every Denver game. So I can’t say he ALWAYS does it.

I’m just a stickler for traveling and I have an eye for it. Not just calling out Jokic.

LeBron essentially can’t go one on on without traveling (all his spin moves are travels). Dwades spin move was a travel too (both guys hop on the pivot foot mid spin, which is a travel).

I just hate sloppy footwork.

Harden and Giannis have mastered the gather sh*t. Most of the time their moves that look like travels aren’t.
would you consider this a travel out of curiosity?

+1   

1 week ago '04        #15
D1nOnlyMrM@ 
Props total: 13991 13 K  Slaps total: 2187 2 K
It's a travel but so was Ray Allen's shot that saved bron. They hardly call travel since bron been in the league. Changed the rules twice to allow essentially what would be a travel back in the 90s to early 2000s. And palming and carrying are at an all time high. It's all about shooting, dunking, passing, steals and blocks. The intricacies of the nba are watered down to appease the thirst for higher scores. With higher scores come records being broken, arguments of who is best can be had, even though these guys play with less rules and some would say are more athletic.

Last edited by D1nOnlyMrM@; 04-07-2021 at 01:48 AM..
+6   

1 week ago '16        #16

this is actually the best Jokic play of the game today

1 week ago '12        #17
jrb313 
Props total: 2665 2 K  Slaps total: 348 348
thats a bad shot *Paul George voice*

1 week ago '18        #18
 GUMa said
A true nba fan. I love it. Been thinking about this move since I saw it earlier. I hadnít broken it down yet though. Upon review itís SUPER clean. Like not even close to a travel, which actually disgusts me lmao.

According to the rules, which are extremely vague, this isnít a travel. Thatís because the rules only refer to a gather as being with both hands. They didnít write the rules with the consideration that a player could or would gather with one hand.

He did exactly what Giannis and Harden do. Elongate the gather with one hand while moving around and gaining space from the defender.

If I were the nba Iíd change the rules (actually it wouldnít be changing rules it would be making the rules more clear). I would make it clear that a player can gather with one or two hands, and that a gather has taken place anytime the player puts the ball in a position where it could no longer be legally dribbled.

If that were the rule as soon as Embiid turn the ball over (like a carry) his two steps would begin. If that were the case this would be a travel. As I believe it was intended to be. I think the players just found a loophole.

What I will add though is that harden and Giannis still do a good job, especially harden, of keeping their hand on top of the ball. In those situations I have to say hats off.
+1   

1 week ago '05        #19
Stupendamatic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15560 15 K  Slaps total: 1406 1 K
 GUMa said
Not the guy you quoted but damn to me that looks like he took more than 2 steps to me.

This first frame is when he went through the legs

Then somehow he ends up all the way back here shooting off both feet.

+1   

1 week ago '15        #20
Sleezymcman 
Props total: 4521 4 K  Slaps total: 1000 1 K
Travel

1 week ago '18        #21
 Stupendamatic said
Not the guy you quoted but damn to me that looks like he took more than 2 steps to me.

This first frame is when he went through the legs

Then somehow he ends up all the way back here shooting off both feet.

Not the guy you quoted either. But to make a long story short, the NBA doesnít consider that first frame the beginning of the gather. Thatís the problem with plays like this (and players like Giannis and Harden). You shouldnít have to gather with two hands for the gather to begin.
+4   

1 week ago '05        #22
Stupendamatic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15560 15 K  Slaps total: 1406 1 K
 back1 said
Not the guy you quoted either. But to make a long story short, the NBA doesnít consider that first frame the beginning of the gather. Thatís the problem with plays like this (and players like Giannis and Harden). You shouldnít have to gather with two hands for the gather to begin.
Thanks for explaining. I do concede yíall know more about nba rules than I do. Iíve been trying to watch more this season but I havenít followed closely for years, just followed sports center highlights and some of the threads on here but I love bball and watched and played it a lot in the late 90s up until around when Wade won his first championship.

1 week ago '13        #23
JeezusPrice 
Props total: 4247 4 K  Slaps total: 473 473
 back1 said
Thatís a travel and he does it continuously. It pisses me off.

He actually traveled twice on the play. Took two steps didnít shoot, then stepped before the dribble.

Dudes completely ignored the fact that you canít take 3 steps before or after the dribble. Itís not a harden gather situation either. Heís just taking 3 steps but heís so slow no one knows how to call it.

On his spin fade aways, his right foot always comes off the ground while heís still on his left foot. Both feet have to come off the ground at the same time for it to be legal. Otherwise thatís just switching your pivot foot.
I don't recognize the game of basketball anymore. Makes it hard to get back into it. 2000s footwork>>

1 week ago '10        #24
WC323 
Props total: 9954 9 K  Slaps total: 10644 10 K
Crazy shot but 100% a travel wtf. How can anyone argue otherwise?
+1   

1 week ago '18        #25
CurryDaGoat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 22657 22 K  Slaps total: 12474 12 K
OP doesnt watch much basketball
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  8
Apr 15 - Single NJ deli doing $35,000 in sales valued at $100 million in the s..
73 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-31online now  6
Video inside Apr 15 - Latin Kings have Announced War against the Chicago PD
212 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  5
Who is the greatest cornerback of all time skill wise