Why Can't Female Rappers Write Their Own Raps?

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 weeks ago '20        #26
OmegaRed 
Props total: 1961 1 K  Slaps total: 130 130
It just so happens a ton of these Mainstream female rappers were not scared to say they had the lyrics written for them, not sure why, but this doesn't even have any context in the reality of real female emcees just a bunch of mainstream hussies who just as much had their rhymes written as their male peers for the most part.

I could write an extensive list of all the femcees who write their own raps.

2 weeks ago '17        #27
screwplus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2090 2 K  Slaps total: 385 385
I think Young M.A writes her stuff ..actually take as the best female rapper active right now. How Megan got awards before her just tells you the games being played
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #28
OPBADAZZ337  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 10954 10 K  Slaps total: 4679 4 K
 screwplus said
I think Young M.A writes her stuff ..actually take as the best female rapper active right now. How Megan got awards before her just tells you the games being played
Naw, she's has a ghostwriter, too. I forgot the person's name.
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #29
OPBADAZZ337  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 10954 10 K  Slaps total: 4679 4 K
 OG T Gutta N said
what trips me out bout it , n*ggas out here ghostwriting straight hits bout suckin d*ck
You know how how the males in the industry get down. Its easy for them to write those lyrics.
+4   

2 weeks ago '14        #30
flyguyt 
Props total: 1439 1 K  Slaps total: 72 72
I think Mia X wrote her own sh*t too.
+5   

2 weeks ago '08        #31
YOURKINGB4EVER 
Props total: 22798 22 K  Slaps total: 880 880

She ghostwrites for male/female rappers some well known also rnb!
+5   

2 weeks ago '20        #32
MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 6290 6 K  Slaps total: 661 661
 Okka said
The Lady Of Rage does. The G.O.A.T.

She didn't write her first album though.
She wrote the Unplugged, which had better writing, anyway.

2 weeks ago '17        #33
screwplus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2090 2 K  Slaps total: 385 385
 OPBADAZZ337 said
Naw, she's has a ghostwriter, too. I forgot the person's name.
Not that dude from Bad boy story.. plus she did a record with Em and I don't think Em will waste a record on a ghost written artist in a track like unaccommodating

2 weeks ago '15        #34
MULVTTX 
Props total: 11032 11 K  Slaps total: 907 907
 6Fraud said
Why they always straight up steal or copy some sh*t a man made for a hit though?

Especially that saweetie one all her sh*t remixes of n*ggas sh*t

Hoes got no creativity... benzino daughter...

Nobody called you big purr bi*ch stop copying shietsty and 30 make ya own sh*t up
Half of pop smokes albums is samples and beats from other hits.. come on man rip but

2 weeks ago '18        #35
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 50883 50 K  Slaps total: 17401 17 K
Alot of them do. .. but for the ones that dnt its because they are more of an rnb type person as most black females are so they dnt know quite how to deliver or a rap record like a male counter part who strictly listnens to rap does. Also alot of the times the male ghost writer knows what men want to hear being a n*gga themselves so that answers the question.

2 weeks ago '20        #36
Camel  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
Props total: 4634 4 K  Slaps total: 497 497
 ragereal said
there are women who are currently writing for your favorite MALE rappers.

and in the past as well. and secondly, why when yall have this convo (which is really just a bash women fest) yall always conveniently forget the many MEN who do not write their own raps and have been exposed for it??
My G I'm not bashing women.

It's a legit question

It always comes out that certain female rappers don't write their raps and it's alot of them, just why I made the thread.

You rarely hear about dudes not writing their raps unless they are producers like Dre and kanye.

Just wanted to know why that is.

I'm very aware that queen Latifah, Shante and mc lyte wrote their rhymes.

But then I heard Free k*lling her verse on canibus album only to find out canibus wrote it.

It has become so prevalent that evetytime a female rapper comes out people question who wrote it.

Another one is bhadbabie who dont write her raps.

And hov wrote beyonce raps.

Rapping is not a hard thing to do either

2 weeks ago '20        #37
T.I. wrote a lot of iggy sh*t too

2 weeks ago '20        #38
 imthatinfamous said
You're making his point, even though OP didn't get it across clearly, I think he is talking about today's modern day female rappers. The days of missy elliot, lil'kim, salt and pepper, foxy, eve, MC lyte, lauren hill, Lisa Left Eye, Queen Latifah, Da Brat, trina, Remy, etc. are very behind us...to be honest...other than Missy, Kim, and Lauren...we didn't give them the love they deserved to be honest
Thank you

I clearly was talking about today's rappers

I'm a hip hop head and now shante and them wrote their sh*t

But it seems like since big wrote for Kim a lot of them stopped writing. I was disappointed to hear hov wrote for foxy
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #39
bibbyboi 
Props total: 13342 13 K  Slaps total: 1689 1 K
I think we'd all be surprised at how many male artists have sh*t written for them too. Granted, it doesn't seem to be as much as female artists but when I heard Canibus asked Royce to write his verse for him it changed how I look at all rappers.
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #40
BaseWhitaker 
Props total: 20384 20 K  Slaps total: 2300 2 K
Probably the same reasons why the men can’t
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #41
Barge 
Props total: 3952 3 K  Slaps total: 297 297
Shawnna writes her own sh*t
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #42
Props total: 2821 2 K  Slaps total: 336 336
I know Foxy likely had help but Kurupt said she was working on Chyna Doll while he was with her and she was writing all her sh*t at the time - he didn't deny that she may've used ghostwriters but said he never saw it and she was always writing when they were together.
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #43
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
Props total: 10906 10 K  Slaps total: 10242 10 K
You brehs are reaching with that Remy wrote for fat Joe talk. Joe been in the game decades before he ever met Remy. I'm even skeptical that Lauryn really wrote for clef and pras, especially clef.

Imma need receipts on all of this...
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #44
ragereal 
Props total: 1873 1 K  Slaps total: 1274 1 K
 Camel said
My G I'm not bashing women.

It's a legit question

It always comes out that certain female rappers don't write their raps and it's alot of them, just why I made the thread.

You rarely hear about dudes not writing their raps unless they are producers like Dre and kanye.

Just wanted to know why that is.

I'm very aware that queen Latifah, Shante and mc lyte wrote their rhymes.

But then I heard Free k*lling her verse on canibus album only to find out canibus wrote it.

It has become so prevalent that evetytime a female rapper comes out people question who wrote it.

Another one is bhadbabie who dont write her raps.

And hov wrote beyonce raps.

Rapping is not a hard thing to do either

because hiphop has always been anti women, so a woman participating in something that was not made for her is gonna get backlash. need i remind yall that it was hiphop who started the trend of referring to women as B's and H's?
i mean "B's aint sh*t but H's and Tr*cks"? cmon man. naturally the fans of hiphop are gonna question and go against the girl or woman. MC Lyte made an excellent point in this documentary about female rappers, she was basically saying, why would men want to hear a female rap, when he has been taught to hate the woman?

2 weeks ago '17        #45
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x45
Props total: 93407 93 K  Slaps total: 28885 28 K
nicki writes a lot of her stuff
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #46
ragereal 
Props total: 1873 1 K  Slaps total: 1274 1 K
now this does not apply to music where women are talking about relationships and s*x with men, obviously that is for women. but if a woman is making good music and content and you shut her down because she is the wrong gender, that is a personal problem sir.

once upon a time, there were men who wouldn't listen to lauryn hill, even now alot of yall were mad because lauryn hills album went diamond and rolling stone magazine called the miseducation one of the best albums of all time.

2 weeks ago '04        #47
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 10619 10 K  Slaps total: 2535 2 K
Dudes come in thinkin they got musical talent only to find out they fate will be determined by whether a deviant jew finds that they have the "star quality" or not

Hoes come in thinkin they ready to suck n fvck whoever they need to get the next meal on the skreets, so y not do that for fame? Aint none of them thinkin yo i got some ill street tales

2 weeks ago '20        #48
 ragereal said
because hiphop has always been anti women, so a woman participating in something that was not made for her is gonna get backlash. need i remind yall that it was hiphop who started the trend of referring to women as B's and H's?
i mean "B's aint sh*t but H's and Tr*cks"? cmon man. naturally the fans of hiphop are gonna question and go against the girl or woman. MC Lyte made an excellent point in this documentary about female rappers, she was basically saying, why would men want to hear a female rap, when he has been taught to hate the woman?
Fam these dudes were talking for experience, no more different from these red pill dudes that never even listened to hip hop.

Rap never influenced me to start using the word hoes, being cheated on by multiple women did.

But I'm smart enough to know that's not all women.

But these dudes are talking about specific women, remember that all these dudes are married.

And rap always accepted female rappers.

May I remind you that hip hop wouldn't be sh*t if it wasn't for Blondie?

And we always fu*ked with lyte, Latifah, rage, ms roq and anybody who could spit.

That's why JD said what he said about stripper rap.

It's straight garbage but gets pushed because it's females.

And no one questions it and if you do you are an incel.

Them girls could come out with Laffy taffy and we'd push it as the hardest song of the year
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #49
D1nOnlyMrM@ 
Props total: 14133 14 K  Slaps total: 2229 2 K
 JonNYBlake said
It's already been said, but some of them do; it's easy to tell who is, too.

This new Meg/City Girls style music has the most cookie cutter, plug & play formula. It would be safe to a*sume most of the poppin female rappers at the top have ghostwritters, especially if they're on a major (which most are). It's a lick for the label if done right...

Sign a pretty face > give her a poppin, TikTok-friendly producer > have an experienced already established artist write for her > go viral > do numbers
Also has to have a*s
+2   

2 weeks ago '20        #50
garrywithtwors 
Props total: 8997 8 K  Slaps total: 741 741
Because Rapsody a whole woman not a female

Looks like she'd be a pleasure to be around. Doesn't seem salty or angry at men for no reason. Always droppin gems. Meanwhile I make music that sounds like I can't stand these hoes

Last edited by garrywithtwors; 04-07-2021 at 01:57 AM..
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+46online now  47
Video inside Apr 20 - 2 Hours Ago, 15 Year Old Girl Was Shot 4x In The Chest By Ohio..
1119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+23online now  27
Article inside Safemoon
428 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+28online now  22
Eagles Fan Edp445 full video of him getting caught at a meet up with 13 ye..
301 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside Chicago rapper tilla got his 7 yr old daughter k*lled because he p*ss o..
192 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy