What's in the water in Memphis

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

4 weeks ago '16        #51
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 70652 70 K  Slaps total: 7568 7 K
 theylikeme05 said
Well that Pooh Shiesty n*gga is 1017 and Money Bagg is Gotti
Doesnt change what i said.

4 weeks ago '06        #52
datVAkid 
Props total: 30243 30 K  Slaps total: 4838 4 K
 Tha Boss said
Baltimore accents >>>

Tew
Said no body ever lol
+4   

4 weeks ago '19        #53
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 65045 65 K  Slaps total: 10127 10 K
 Inspires said
whaaannnn
Even tho the Magnolia was torn down........ legend says u can hear the whispers of souls throughout the area "whaaaaaaaan"
+6   

4 weeks ago '18        #54
dogfood2 
Props total: 5003 5 K  Slaps total: 2934 2 K
 datVAkid said
Atlanta didn't steal Memphis sound, they all came from the same roots and up bringing and influenced each other. Don't put them apart cause even in the 36 days they all fu*ked with each other.

They both have their sound and they both adopted each others sounds through out history

Miami Houston atl Memphis New Orleans are all southern power houses that influenced each other and all helped each other
n*gga please. Atlanta is forever the copycats of the south. From the lean talk to the three 6 mafia flows.
+1   

4 weeks ago '11        #55
Inspires  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 37690 37 K  Slaps total: 3143 3 K
 Anomic said
Even tho the Magnolia was torn down........ legend says u can hear the whispers of souls throughout the area "whaaaaaaaan"
That’s a scary sight
+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #56
theylikeme05 
Props total: 1699 1 K  Slaps total: 107 107
 datVAkid said
Atlanta didn't steal Memphis sound, they all came from the same roots and up bringing and influenced each other. Don't put them apart cause even in the 36 days they all fu*ked with each other.

They both have their sound and they both adopted each others sounds through out history

Miami Houston atl Memphis New Orleans are all southern power houses that influenced each other and all helped each other
Nah bro, ATL rap scene became the dominant sound in pop radio when Crunk came out with Lil Jon. Peep I said dominant before your rebuttal. Crunk is absolutely memphis sh*t. Go back and listen to Kingpin Skinny Pimp “ Back to The Playas Ball “ in fact n*ggaz in memphis was getting buck and crunk back in 93. Throwing bows is some memphis sh*t.

We did copy that element but we started making it our own. I was there I grew up to this sh*t. I may not know when Nas dropped whatever bar but this Memphis sh*t was my life as a hit...peep my Avy
+5   

4 weeks ago '18        #57
ItsThatEasy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 22241 22 K  Slaps total: 1836 1 K
Been listening to Shiesty Season on repeat, can’t put my finger on it but they make that street sh*t sound entertaining and frightening at the same time.
+1   

4 weeks ago '06        #58
datVAkid 
 yumflip said
Memphis always had a whole different vibe than other Southern cities. ATL & MIami was all on that booty shake music for a long a*s time. But when I first found out about Memphis sh*t it was Ball & G, Three Six, DJ Squeaky, Playa Fly & DJ Zirk. That sh*t was crazy different. I fux w/Memphis music in a real way.

Dungeon family changed that. They were mentored by Curtis Mayfield and signed to laface.. la Reid wasn't going to have no bullsh*t

But then you had dallas Austin at the same time making HUGE impact on mainstream and pop stage. You also had tlc Monica and others on rnb.

4 weeks ago '05        #59
theylikeme05 
 kuul said
Doesnt change what i said.
I’m just saying that there is hope that they may I wasn’t being contrary.
+1   

4 weeks ago '16        #60
NatBurner 
Props total: 15123 15 K  Slaps total: 1547 1 K
 theylikeme05 said
Im a 37 year old ATL n*gga and you see whose in my Avy. Memphis always had harder music than us until Oomp Camp came out the music from my city was dance music.
Damn salute for having Playa fly in your avy

n*gga a south Memphis legend def don’t get the props he deserve
+3   

4 weeks ago '19        #61
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 65045 65 K  Slaps total: 10127 10 K
 Inspires said
That’s a scary sight
The east still wild tho

Curren$y crazy asl for staying on the east like that

4 weeks ago '16        #62
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 70652 70 K  Slaps total: 7568 7 K
 theylikeme05 said
I’m just saying that there is hope that they may I wasn’t being contrary.
I think key glock dont have that problem but pooh and 30 gotta step it up.

4 weeks ago '06        #63
datVAkid 
 theylikeme05 said
Nah bro, ATL rap scene became the dominant sound in pop radio when Crunk came out with Lil Jon. Peep I said dominant before your rebuttal. Crunk is absolutely memphis sh*t. Go back and listen to Kingpin Skinny Pimp “ Back to The Playas Ball “ in fact n*ggaz in memphis was getting buck and crunk back in 93. Throwing bows is some memphis sh*t.

We did copy that element but we started making it our own. I was there I grew up to this sh*t. I may not know when Nas dropped whatever bar but this Memphis sh*t was my life as a hit...peep my Avy
I am not disagreeing. Yes Crunk was based on 36, I am not denying that. No one is saying 8ball n mjg stole from ugk. They were influenced like how outkast was influenced by Curtis Mayfield, so was 36 (along with willie hutch). Even though lil jon was a catalyst for atl taking over mainstream. It was on the way. But even here on DC stations we were always playing southern music, so we my perspective could be skewed.

4 weeks ago '16        #64
NatBurner 
 datVAkid said
I am not disagreeing. Yes Crunk was based on 36, I am not denying that. No one is saying 8ball n mjg stole from ugk. They were influenced like how outkast was influenced by Curtis Mayfield, so was 36 (along with willie hutch). Even though lil jon was a catalyst for atl taking over mainstream. It was on the way. But even here on DC stations we were always playing southern music, so we my perspective could be skewed.
Atlanta whole shtick is def Memphis sh*t ask Gucci who his fav rapper is nigha will say project pat sh*t even these newer nighas def grew up off gotti and dolph music...

Louisiana and Houston def played a part as well not gonna cap but the whole trap and crunk sounds came from the M

4 weeks ago '06        #65
datVAkid 
 dogfood2 said
n*gga please. Atlanta is forever the copycats of the south. From the lean talk to the three 6 mafia flows.
That's pure lie...

People are influenced by other peoples sounds all the time.

A whole generation of southern artist grew up on lean talk n 36. Of course they are going to have aspects of that in their music. Thats what hip hop was founded on. Stop being bitter and appreciate the good music and the fact other musician appreciate others stuff too...

Is 36 beefing with Lil Jon? 36 is doing songs with these lil n*ggaz

4 weeks ago '10        #66
StoopidVillinz 
Props total: 17203 17 K  Slaps total: 1517 1 K
 JimmyDa3rd said
100%, Detroit got potential lowkey too
Yeah Detroit Memphis def on the come up..Baltimore and dmv had a little buzz but it seems to be dying down

4 weeks ago '07        #67
THA JUICEMANE 
Props total: 995 995  Slaps total: 505 505
this ain’t nothing new yo Memphis has always been this way the south owes Memphis
+1   

4 weeks ago '13        #68
reffahead 
Props total: 2333 2 K  Slaps total: 399 399
 theylikeme05 said

You know not what you speak lil n*gga. The three headed monster of TI, Jeezy, and Wop were all in their primes and took the rap game for the city.

Pluto, Thug, and a couple of more n*ggas came up right after them to keep it going. Atl been had street rappers from the early to mid 90s that had the early trap music sound they just were too underground and got caught up in the game to capitalize properly..

4 weeks ago '20        #69
Its Dark At 9  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 13040 13 K  Slaps total: 1652 1 K
 Aries said
I think Memphis rappers got the best southern accents in rap.
I highly agree
+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #70
theylikeme05 
 datVAkid said
Idk about that 8ball and MJG were on the same sh*t when DJ Zirk was producing there sh*t.

Now I will agree with they most def were influenced by Texas but the heart of Ball and G is that pimpN sh*t and while Pimp Cs name was Pimp C the n*gga was mostly rapping like a bootleg easy E on Too Hard To Swallow, talking selling crack and busting guns.

I get what you’re saying but you have the acknowledge the fact that ATL stole Crunk they’re wasn’t sharing sounds to create that sh*t. We took it. there was a time in the clubs that all the DJs would play is memphis crunk until Ommp Camp and Troy came out. That’s what “They don’t Dance No Mo” is about. I was there (a young n*gga 14 in The Bounce) you were in DC just respect what I’m telling you family.

4 weeks ago '06        #71
datVAkid 
 NatBurner said
Atlanta whole shtick is def Memphis sh*t ask Gucci who his fav rapper is nigha will say project pat sh*t even these newer nighas def grew up off gotti and dolph music...

Louisiana and Houston def played a part as well not gonna cap but the whole trap and crunk sounds came from the M
Crunk yeah, trap not disagreeing but I see what you mean.

But atlanta is bigger than just trap and crunk.

Dungeon family (outkast goodie mobb future Janelle monae sleepy brown)

The whole rnb and soul scene from the late 80s and still going on until today

Tge snap era, even if you liked it or not it was an era and good music still came from it and influenced music to what it is today.

Yaw just looking at all small part of it.
+2   

4 weeks ago '07        #72
young mad 
Props total: 22124 22 K  Slaps total: 1201 1 K
Trying to tap in to Shiesty dude..not really catching the wave but he cool. Hope Youngin keep the momentum going.

I actually think Moneybagg can spit a little from what I’ve heard. Blac Youngsta got a cool style too..

4 weeks ago '20        #73
GUS FRING  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 34277 34 K  Slaps total: 3496 3 K
 aaf192020 said

That's cool but where is the modern sound heading? Memphis, Detroit, LA. QC is only releasing Cardi and Lil Baby. Meanwhile theres nothing coming outta the ATL besides that.

I don't get why you're trying to shxt on good music because of a city you live in when Atlanta nxggas cried for 2 decades about not getting respect from NY. You should know better.
My dude I'm not shytting on the music of Memphis cause I know damn well Memphis always made amazing quality music

IM SHYTTING ON THE BUSINESS MODEL

Memphis makes great music

But BAD BUSINESS DECISIONS

I don't let my ATL residency show bias

Even though i live in the strip club mecca

The G.O.A.T strip club song of all time is the memphis based Tela and 8 ball and MJG

I heard that back when I was in school "SHO NUFF' and I made it my goal in life to visit a strip club lol

So stop it NO HATE..cant hate on Memphis cause it's a southern city that helped the whole south win....

ATL fukks hard with Memphis.....moneybagg yo came to ATL during NBA all-star weekend and shut down old national...

It's all love

But you got cats like @ and @ and yourself came in this thread on some FUKK ATL THEY STOLE FROM US shyt

So u set the tone

And for the record ATL didn't cry about NYC not respecting ATL

ATL simply got back in the lab and made quality music that brought the MONEY....
POWER and then the MUTHUPHUKING RESPECT.....

that's what is important..not legacy...it's results

4 weeks ago '10        #74
quan3106  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 46565 46 K  Slaps total: 4919 4 K
That first sh*t was hard

4 weeks ago '16        #75
NatBurner 
 datVAkid said
Crunk yeah, trap not disagreeing but I see what you mean.

But atlanta is bigger than just trap and crunk.

Dungeon family (outkast goodie mobb future Janelle monae sleepy brown)

The whole rnb and soul scene from the late 80s and still going on until today

Tge snap era, even if you liked it or not it was an era and good music still came from it and influenced music to what it is today.

Yaw just looking at all small part of it.

It’s weird like there’s no right or wrong answer I get what you mean tho all I’m saying is ATL rappers sound more like Tommy Wright and Project Pat than they sound like Outkast and the Dungeon fam
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+46online now  39
Video inside Apr 20 - 2 Hours Ago, 15 Year Old Girl Was Shot 4x In The Chest By Ohio..
1119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+23online now  24
Article inside Safemoon
428 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+28online now  23
Eagles Fan Edp445 full video of him getting caught at a meet up with 13 ye..
301 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  12
Video inside Chicago rapper tilla got his 7 yr old daughter k*lled because he p*ss o..
192 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy