Memphis Rappers Is On Record Saying "Cap" "Trap" and "Stain/Stang" Before ATL & Chicago

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '16        #26
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 70652 70 K  Slaps total: 7568 7 K
 Swampn*gga said
I'm not mad at all silly n*gga

It's Saturday night, I'm high as bird pu**y, I'm pretty as a muthafu*ka, got dumb big booty hoes I can call, might barbecue some sh*t

Mufu*ka you the one came in this bi*ch like Angry Manfu*k wrong wit you boy?

Oh, in the bold. Now I see what's wrong. You one of them n*ggas. Tough break n*gga
Call your dumb big booty hoes then. Why you talkin to me? Im only up waitin to see if my lottery numbers hit. I gotta work early in the morning. Salute to you eat some a*s and fu*k her raw for me tonite. Peace.

2 months ago '04        #27
zone3cp 
Props total: 115525 115 K  Slaps total: 12440 12 K
What is this gonna do for Memphis?
+1   

2 months ago '15        #28
sumnsumnsumn 
Props total: 9685 9 K  Slaps total: 565 565
 richmoneycash said
As a kid we used it in Texas as fronting and used it as when people was roasting/ranking/cappin.
Catch me at the Kappa, I'm a cappin Kappa slappa, or a cappin Kappa jacka, slash cappin cash jacka

- 50/50 Twin
+5   

2 months ago '19        #29
Bam Bam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
Props total: 6269 6 K  Slaps total: 2549 2 K
 AmillionMo said
Memphis made so many words...mane, Flodgin, ano, straight, joan, slaw, hating,...etc. cap meant head in Memphis btw
I can't give you them words in bold. Mane and joan is just ADOS culture. They say mane in Mississippi just as hard as Memphis, historically. You'll hear n*ggas in every region say it really, even NYC back in the day.

When you say Joan is you talmbout clowning n*ggas or calling n*ggas joan? If its just calling n*ggas Joan I will definitely say I never heard nobody but Memphis n*ggas do that, but Joan as in clowning n*ggas prolly came from everywhere

People say hating come from the Bay by way of the Luniz but aint no final receipts on that because that's some old a*s Iceberg Slim ADOS pimp culture sh*t, playas and Playa hatas, playas ball. Pimpin was big in every region in the mid 1900s.

You forgot conin though. I still don't even know what that sh*t mean

And yeah cap did mean gettin head in Memphis but it also meant exactly what n*ggas mean when they use that sh*t today too.

Last edited by Bam Bam; 02-20-2021 at 09:43 PM..

2 months ago '18        #30
Dehone 
Props total: 51618 51 K  Slaps total: 2144 2 K
I remember hearing Suga Free saying his very first rap he wrote in juvie started off with "listen up homeboy I ain't tryna cap"
+2   

2 months ago '20        #31
Its Dark At 9  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 13040 13 K  Slaps total: 1652 1 K
 richmoneycash said
Geto Boys was saying cap in the late 80s tho

People steal so much sh*t from Texas they don't even realize it. I'm talking bout people remixing sh*t that's 20-30 years old.

@:15

Put up ya motherfu*ker steel and chill b4 that hi cappin sh*t get ya k*lled.

@:20

and n*ggas always gotta hi cap.

@1:20
Can't speak yo hand cuz that cappin and that bragging make em want yo man.

@4:20

If I claimed it ya bi*ch a*s would be high cappin.
Then that just means the state of Texas & the city of Memphis, Tennessee are the most influential out of the south & not ATL

Atlanta is great and all. I do consider them a melting pot

They done took sauce from Memphis, Florida, New Orleans

2 months ago '15        #32
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 24296 24 K  Slaps total: 7106 7 K
 Swampn*gga said
I can't give you them words in bold. Mane and joan is just ADOS culture. They say mane in Mississippi just as hard as Memphis, historically. You'll hear n*ggas in every region say it really,, even NYC back in the day.

When you say Joan is you talmbout clowning n*ggas or calling n*ggas joan? If its just calling n*ggas Joan I will definitely say I never heard nobody but Memphis n*ggas do that, but Joan as in clowning n*ggas prolly came from everywhere

I feel like hating come from the Bay but aint no final receipts on that because that's some old a*s Iceberg Slim ADOS pimp culture sh*t, playas and Playa hatas. Pimpin was big in every region in the mid 1900s.

And yeah cap did mean gettin head in Memphis but it also meant exactly what n*ggas mean when they use that sh*t today too.
Joan is in place of the person name. We don't call clownin joaning. We say, "you checkin ain't it"...sure, everyone uses mane but we use it differently. We use it as a noun, been, adjective and preposition. Hatin or hater may come from somewhere else but I heard it 1st in Memphis...oh, and yahearme definitely came from Memphis and fu*kyamean. NO say ya heard me.
+2   

2 months ago '05        #33
theylikeme05 
Props total: 1699 1 K  Slaps total: 107 107
I’m 37 from ATL and these are all facts
+7   

2 months ago '06        #34
"SS"  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27530 27 K  Slaps total: 1841 1 K
I was born in 82, and cappin as in hi cappin has been around in Memphis as long as i have, i don't necessarily think atl stole it, as i don't think it was really a Memphis word or any other particular city's word to begin with. Just an old as word that got popular again, but growing uo here in the 90s the meaning was totally different. It meant gettin head. Cap and Gown was pimp and wh*re language for head and pu**y. And pimps been using trap at least the 60s. Listen to mack man by Willie Hutch , song starts off mack man cruising down the ghetto street, checkin his traps, seein how they be
+2   

2 months ago '19        #35
 zone3cp said
What is this gonna do for Memphis?
Why you gotta be mad cuh?

We just tryna trace our roots out this bih

I'm tryna show all this "slang" been all in our culture before Complex and all these other culture vultures have yall thinking some outsiders brought that sh*t to Atlanta. All this sh*t been in our culture everywhere. They already don changed the origin story of 12(any n*gga saying 12 that aint from ATL need to cut it out)

I think its interesting the way Atlanta held on to the word trap harder than Memphis

I'm already seeing Jamaicans claiming they brought the word trap to Atlanta in the 80s which is laughable and they claim they started trap music which is even more laughable. Pretty soon they gon be taking yall n*ggas sh*t the same way they took NYC sh*t.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #36
zone3cp 
 Swampn*gga said
Why you gotta be mad cuh?

We just tryna trace our roots out this bih

I'm tryna show all this "slang" been all in our culture before Complex and all these other culture vultures have yall thinking some outsiders brought that sh*t to Atlanta. All this sh*t been in our culture everywhere. They already don changed the origin story of 12(any n*gga saying 12 that aint from ATL need to cut it out)

I think its interesting the way Atlanta held on to the word trap harder than Memphis

I'm already seeing Jamaicans claiming they brought the word trap to Atlanta in the 80s which is laughable and they claim they started trap music which is even more laughable. Pretty soon they gon be taking yall n*ggas sh*t the same way they took NYC sh*t.

Not mad bruh...Just asking something logical.

Crab type of mentality and no paragraphs needed.

You talking about slang at that. Lol

2 months ago '19        #37
 "SS" said
I was born in 82, and cappin as in hi cappin has been around in Memphis as long as i have, i don't necessarily think atl stole it, as i don't think it was really a Memphis word or any other particular city's word to begin with. Just an old as word that got popular again, but growing uo here in the 90s the meaning was totally different. It meant gettin head. Cap and Gown was pimp and wh*re language for head and pu**y. And pimps been using trap at least the 60s. Listen to mack man by Willie Hutch , song starts off mack man cruising down the ghetto street, checkin his traps, seein how they be
Yes suhn*ggas don't even be knowing the culture like that then got the nerve to sit up here and think they can speak with authority.
+2   

2 months ago '19        #38
And since n*ggas done brought up the pimp culture.

That's where the fu*k simp come from. Ain't got a goddamn thang to do wit no fu*kin simpleton. A simp is a fake pimp, a weak pimp. That sh*t from damn near slavery times, Iceberg Slim and them n*ggas. And if you ain't got at least one hoe selling pu**y for you then you don't even qualify for simp status. Ain't got sh*t to do wit no boy in grade school on valentines day or none of that goofy a*s Viacom network origin story

2 months ago '19        #39
 zone3cp said
Not mad bruh...Just asking something logical.

Crab type of mentality and no paragraphs needed.

You talking about slang at that. Lol
You talkin some uncultured n*gga sh*t.

n*ggas like you is dead out here. A thing of the past.

2 months ago '04        #40
zone3cp 
 Swampn*gga said
You talkin some uncultured n*gga sh*t.

n*ggas like you is dead out here.
Nah you just don’t know who talking to...

Enjoy your night.

2 months ago '19        #41
 zone3cp said
Nah you just don’t know who talking to...

Enjoy your night.
I don't give a fu*k who I'm talkin to. How about that one n*gga?

2 months ago '18        #42
Losantana16x3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 18414 18 K  Slaps total: 2967 2 K
 richmoneycash said
Geto Boys was saying cap in the late 80s tho

People steal so much sh*t from Texas they don't even realize it. I'm talking bout people remixing sh*t that's 20-30 years old.

@:15

Put up ya motherfu*ker steel and chill b4 that hi cappin sh*t get ya k*lled.

@:20

and n*ggas always gotta hi cap.

@1:20
Can't speak yo hand cuz that cappin and that bragging make em want yo man.

@4:20

If I claimed it ya bi*ch a*s would be high cappin.
Come on man you know these bx white boys don't know nothing. Texas created cappin. Noone from Atlanta claim ed creating cap. As far as trap goes....that's a toss up. But I lean towards Atlanta
+1   

2 months ago '18        #43
 Swampn*gga said
I can't give you them words in bold. Mane and joan is just ADOS culture. They say mane in Mississippi just as hard as Memphis, historically. You'll hear n*ggas in every region say it really, even NYC back in the day.

I feel like hating come from the Bay but aint no final receipts on that because that's some old a*s Iceberg Slim ADOS pimp culture sh*t, playas and Playa hatas. Pimpin was big in every region in the mid 1900s.

Conin means tweaking. Mostly on that white
+1   

2 months ago '19        #44
@

Goofy a*s anchor baby in him feelin

2 months ago '18        #45
 Its Dark At 9 said
The correlation between Chicago saying STAIN and Memphis saying STANG is true as sh*t too.

If you KNOW you know

For the people not knowing: Stain/stang = Robbing somebody
2 separate. Stain is a blood stain. Stang is robbin
+1   

2 months ago '18        #46
 Swampn*gga said
@

Goofy a*s anchor baby in him feelin
You exposing yourself tonight. Im cool with that lol
+1   

2 months ago '19        #47
 Losantana16x3 said
2 separate. Stain is a blood stain. Stang is robbin
Nah it aint n*gga.

They both mean a lick or a hit.

You on here with this goofy akademiks drill rap wiki sh*t.

2 months ago '18        #48
 Swampn*gga said
Nah it aint n*gga.

They both mean a lick or a hit.

You on here with this goofy akademiks drill rap wiki sh*t.
You a funny wigga. Its clear you are on your white boy troll sh*t tonight
+2   

2 months ago '19        #49
 Losantana16x3 said
You a funny wigga. Its clear you are on your white boy troll sh*t tonight
Whatever, Hector.

2 months ago '04        #50
zone3cp 
 Swampn*gga said
I don't give a fu*k who I'm talkin to. How about that one n*gga?
Sounds good for the net...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+46online now  47
Video inside Apr 20 - 2 Hours Ago, 15 Year Old Girl Was Shot 4x In The Chest By Ohio..
1119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+23online now  27
Article inside Safemoon
428 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+28online now  22
Eagles Fan Edp445 full video of him getting caught at a meet up with 13 ye..
301 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside Chicago rapper tilla got his 7 yr old daughter k*lled because he p*ss o..
192 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy