so why don't we have the same smoke for prince like we do lil nas X?

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
19 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 weeks ago '21        #51
Tlatoani 
Props total: 5108 5 K  Slaps total: 971 971
Tells you how unreliable the moral compass of the average person is.

Talent is apparently the only thing that makes dressing like a woman on national TV okay lmao

2 weeks ago '15        #52
IsDatYouBetha  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x73
Props total: 57486 57 K  Slaps total: 12827 12 K
When prince died alot of old people from his generation didn't care. They said they didn't bump his music like that. I still haven't met a prince fan in real life. No disrespect to him though I just cant get into his music. He legends tho

2 weeks ago '19        #53
Nirvanaman223 
Props total: 218 218  Slaps total: 7 7
These young cats don't understand prince was high heel deep in pu**y
+4   

2 weeks ago '06        #54
Kingme 
Props total: 18396 18 K  Slaps total: 3387 3 K
Just wait until white people discover Gravediggaz, 666 Mafia, and Bone Thugs in Harmony
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #55
ZigZag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 28927 28 K  Slaps total: 7770 7 K
 rapper4 said

1. Eyeliner

2. straightened, coifed hair/wigs

If Usher, Chris Brown, Trey Songz or any other r&b male did any of those things there would be a 5 page thread, but they don't and they're still regularly called gay. Michael Jackson and Prince have done things so feminine that not even a lot of gay men do, yet people swear they're not gay. What gives?

prince can get away with

1.wearing females clothes.

2.lipstick

3. women belt.

4. nail polish.

5.women weave and hair.

6.pushing the homos*xual and tranny movement.

7.screams like women,high pitch voice.

the world loves it. and his a iconic and prince it's acceptable.nobody brings up the bible,god, or agenda.

vs

lil nas x or the new ones. demonic,satan, agenda, and fu*k f*g**ts and gays.

Some of y'all too young but Prince was well known for years in the 80s and bis*xual until he found god & changed his name.

2 weeks ago '11        #56
panamaican 
Props total: 4037 4 K  Slaps total: 262 262
That was the era. David Bowie, Rick James, hair metal bands, etc. gender bending outfits was the style for musicians. They weren’t gay, didn’t promote alternative lifestyles. They dressed like that because it got bi*ches.

Prince was a s*x symbol & had the body count to prove it.
+3   

2 weeks ago '08        #57
Lot17 
Props total: 4166 4 K  Slaps total: 903 903
 IsDatYouBetha said
When prince died alot of old people from his generation didn't care. They said they didn't bump his music like that. I still haven't met a prince fan in real life. No disrespect to him though I just cant get into his music. He legends tho
Pure cap, prince has worldwide fame and was greatly mourned by people of his generation. You need to travel outside ur town if you aint met no prince fan irl cause they definitely there bruh
+5   

2 weeks ago '04        #58
D1nOnlyMrM@ 
Props total: 14133 14 K  Slaps total: 2230 2 K

The answer is no in short... but hear it from him:

In 2008, the New Yorker writer Claire Hoffman asked Prince what his thoughts on gay marriage were. She reported ‘Prince tapped his Bible and said, ‘God came to earth and saw people sticking it wherever and doing it with whatever, and he just cleared it all out. He was, like enough.’
This exchange caused one of the last great controversies in Prince’s career. The ‘homophobe’ label attached itself to him, accompanied by the bitter shock of many fans.
The question of how someone whose art once seemed to preach the very idea of ‘sticking it wherever and doing it with whatever’ could become so conservative is both fundamentally unanswerable and very simple. People change, and who knows why?

In short, Prince wasn’t gay. But was he straight? There’s no debating that his s*xually ambiguous persona throughout his career had a concrete influence on queer people, and they on him.
So, what’s the real truth behind Prince’s s*xual orientation, was there a time when it was in flux or was it just marketing at a time when gender bending popstars were all the rage?
In a 1997 interview on VH1, comedian Chris Rock posed a question to Prince no one had really asked before. At least not as bluntly. ‘The androgynous thing,’ he said. ‘Was that an act, or were you searching for your s*xual identity?’ Prince responds, ‘I don’t suppose I was searching really, I think I was just — being who I was. Being the true Gemini that I am. And there’s, um, there’s many sides in that as well.’ He pauses before acknowledging. ‘And there was a little acting going on, too.’
While brief, it was perhaps the best — and most honest — explanation he’d given on the topic. His androgynous persona was real (he was “being who [he] was”); but it was also a performance, a calculated branding decision.

This paradox, of course, was not always understood by the American public. In the early stages of his career, people frequently conflated his artistic persona, gender identity, and s*xual identity. The operating a*sumption in the early 1980s was that Prince was gay. In a 1983 interview with Musician magazine, Prince was asked do you think people think that you’re gay? Prince replies, ‘Well, there’s something about me, I know, that makes people think that. It must stem from the fact that I spent a lot of time around women. Maybe they see things I don’t. Men are really closed and cold together, I think. They don’t like to cry, and I think that’s wrong, because that’s not true’.
Prince, that is, was not comfortable with the expectations of American masculinity. It didn’t allow for vulnerability, intimacy, or open expression. People thought he was gay, not because of any evidence about his s*x life, but because he sometimes wore makeup, heels, and flamboyant clothes; because he didn’t conduct himself as a ‘real man.’ For his fans, of course, his difference and willingness to transgress boundaries was a large part of his appeal. Mainstream America, however, was not quite as understanding.

When Prince and his band, the Revolution, opened for the Rolling Stones in 1981 at the Coliseum in Los Angeles, the artist’s difference was suddenly the target of a burst of intolerant rage. Prince hit the stage in his signature black bikini briefs and trench coat expecting a similar enthusiastic reaction to what he was getting in the smaller venues on their tour. It was quickly apparent, however, that the predominantly white, rock-oriented crowd wasn’t feeling it. The music wasn’t the main problem — although the artist’s new wave-inflected funk may not have made sense to the older crowd. It was Prince’s androgynous appearance.
The crowd began booing and shouting racist and homophobic epithets. Prince tried to adapt, injecting more rock into the performance. But before long, trash, food, and bottles were being hurled onto the stage. The artist remembers looking out at the audience and zeroing in on one man near the front with ‘hatred all over his face.’
After submitting to the abuse for several songs, Prince had had enough. Mick Jagger and others tried to persuade the artist to give it another try and he reluctantly came back for one more show, but again was met with intense hostility. This time he flew back to Minneapolis and refused to open for the Stones again.

Prince was wounded by the experience. But he also refused to be intimidated or reformed. A brilliant performer and marketer, he recognized that the crowd at the Coliseum represented the past; he — and his multi-racial, multi-gender band, the Revolution — represented the future.
Rather than retreat from controversy about his gender and s*xuality, he embraced it. His 1981 album, appropriately titled Controversy, fully leaned into the rumors and speculation about his identity. The title track poses provocative questions (Am I black or white? Am I straight or gay?) but answers none of them. Such blurry lines might incite animosity, as he learned at the Coliseum; but they could also be wielded to his advantage. On I Would Die 4 U the artist declares his androgyny as a badge of honor, singing: ‘I’m not a woman. I’m not a man. I am something that you will never understand.’ In this way, his gender fluidity accentuates his mystique. It eludes our ability to control or comprehend, allowing him an almost trans-human identity.
Prince continued to play with gender expectations throughout the decade. Amidst the rise of misogynistic-prone heavy metal and hip hop in the late 1980s, Prince released the decidedly alternative album, Loves*xy. The cover shows the artist in the nud*, petite, androgynous figure against white and lavender flowers — a contemporary take on Sandro Boticelli’s The Birth of Venus. The imagery could not have been more different than the hyper-masculine posturing of popular acts like N.W.A, Bobby Brown, or LL Cool J.

Perhaps his most controversial move of all was his infamous name transformation in 1993 to the iconic motif known as the Love Symbol. Once again, the decision had to do with the artist’s identity as well as branding.
On the one hand, the Love Symbol was symbolic. It was a fusion of both gender signs. Male and female are intertwined, fused by alchemy. This is how Prince chose to identify — not as a man in the traditional sense, but as an androgynous motif that signified beyond the strictures of gender labels or even language.
Yet it was also a more practical attempt to liberate himself from the contractual bondage of his record company, Warner Bros. They might own the brand, ‘Prince,’ but they couldn’t own him. They could have the name, he determined. He would move on under the new symbol.
The decision was widely criticized at the time. Yet once again, Prince’s branding genius proved salient and forward-thinking. The Love Symbol is now internationally recognized and affiliated with Prince. Perhaps no other artist in the history of music created such an iconic logo.

There were, of course, many other artists before Prince who played with the boundaries of gender, including Little Richard and David Bowie. The 1980s is a decade now heralded for its unprecedented mainstreaming of gender-bending in popular culture, from Michael Jackson to Annie Lennox to Boy George. But no artist subverted the gender binary in as many ways as Prince.
Following his death, hundreds of thousands of fans wrote tributes praising Prince for such trailblazing — for showing people, regardless of race, gender, or s*xual orientation, that it was okay to be different. It was okay to resist labels. It was okay to march to the beat of your own drum machine.

2 weeks ago '19        #59
dametyme 
Props total: 1279 1 K  Slaps total: 660 660
Never messed with that weird a*s n*gga

2 weeks ago '15        #60
IsDatYouBetha  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x73
Props total: 57486 57 K  Slaps total: 12827 12 K
 Lot17 said
Pure cap, prince has worldwide fame and was greatly mourned by people of his generation. You need to travel outside ur town if you aint met no prince fan irl cause they definitely there bruh
How can it be pure cap? None of the old ppl I'm around cared. I'm not traveling to find a prince fan .. you can go have fan doing that in your little red Corvette

2 weeks ago '20        #61
MouseAlexander 
Props total: 730 730  Slaps total: 69 69
The whole prince being gay or not was a part of his brand from day one intentionally but that man was clearly not a homos*xual
+5   

2 weeks ago '05        #62
projectd06 
Props total: 25380 25 K  Slaps total: 6401 6 K
 S PHX GOD said
Prince fornicates with women.. lil nas x doesn't
I dont agree with the OP but Prince is a homo too.

2 weeks ago '05        #63
projectd06 
Props total: 25380 25 K  Slaps total: 6401 6 K
When you are that talented people look past crazy sh*t you do.

2 weeks ago '06        #64
Big Bear 
Props total: 38762 38 K  Slaps total: 8597 8 K
 rapper4 said

1. Eyeliner

If Usher, Chris Brown, Trey Songz or any other r&b male did any of those things there would be a 5 page thread, but they don't and they're still regularly called gay. Michael Jackson and Prince have done things so feminine that not even a lot of gay men do, yet people swear they're not gay. What gives?

prince can get away with

2.lipstick

3. women belt.

4. nail polish.

5.women weave and hair.

the world loves it. and his a iconic and prince it's acceptable.nobody brings up the bible,god, or agenda.

vs

People did give him crap

He made a song about it

Am I black or white
Am I gay or straight
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #65
mj33221 
Props total: 342 342  Slaps total: 103 103
What instrument does Lil Nas X play?

+1   

2 weeks ago '20        #66
MeNoSenYouNoCom  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 22745 22 K  Slaps total: 2347 2 K
 JayGeezus said
This sh*t was like 4 decades ago. Why would anybody randomly bring this sh*t up now to complain about it?

Not to mention the whole "prince being dead" thing.
thats why he on ignore
+1   

2 weeks ago '20        #67
MeNoSenYouNoCom  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 22745 22 K  Slaps total: 2347 2 K
 mj33221 said
What instrument does Lil Nas X play?

flute

2 weeks ago '11        #68
awww  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 43920 43 K  Slaps total: 33490 33 K
I can tell this a young n*gga if you read in dept about prince you would know prince wore heels because he was extremely insecure about his height n*gga wanted to be a professional basketball player but he was damn near a midget he could still play his a*s off though he just was short. He was 5′ 3″ so he wore heels plus bi*ches dont really fu*k with short n*ggas so it made him get more bi*ches too
+3   

2 weeks ago '16        #69
smokeytheblunt2 
Props total: 41682 41 K  Slaps total: 2282 2 K
get a fu*king hobby.......
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #70
DrDeath 
Props total: 13852 13 K  Slaps total: 1338 1 K
Damn if we had a Micheal Jackson and Prince Versuz it would be the greatest moment in music guess we gotta settle for Jay vs nas!
+3   

2 weeks ago '19        #71
Dr Imhrat Khan 
Props total: 2883 2 K  Slaps total: 417 417
 TheMonument said
TALENT.

One is probably the most talented musician of all time, the other is Lil Nas X.
Basically. Also, Prince din't fukc with Satan.
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #72
2Saucey 
Props total: 19 19  Slaps total: 1 1
My middle name is Prince, I'd smack the fu*k out of you for tryna compare this man to anyone. Same with Mike too! These are fu*king legends!!! We will never have legends on their level ever again!
These men got that hood pass off the strength of them sending positive vibes on and off record. You think we give just anyone these sh*ts? Go to any cookout out and you guaranteed to hear they songs on rotation.

Say this sh*t in the wrong hood or cookout you might get dealt with. Large facts!
+3   

2 weeks ago '04        #73
ScaledAt10 
Props total: 2299 2 K  Slaps total: 357 357
 rapper4 said

1. Eyeliner

prince can get away with

2.lipstick

3. women belt.

4. nail polish.

5.women weave and hair.

vs

Erase this dumb a*s thread... Prince is a GOAT that always kept a bad bi*ch under him.
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #74
ScaledAt10 
Props total: 2299 2 K  Slaps total: 357 357
 2saucey said
my middle name is prince, i'd smack the fu*k out of you for tryna compare this man to anyone. Same with mike too! These are fu*king legends!!! We will never have legends on their level ever again!
These men got that hood pass off the strength of them sending positive vibes on and off record. You think we give just anyone these sh*ts? Go to any cookout out and you guaranteed to hear they songs on rotation.

Say this sh*t in the wrong hood or cookout you might get dealt with. Large facts!
this!!!!
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #75
3LIT3 
Props total: 2300 2 K  Slaps total: 304 304
 TheMonument said
TALENT.

One is probably the most talented musician of all time, the other is Lil Nas X.
I honestly believe Prince was and always was playing a character, a “Prince” in his own interpretation, but he never turned it off, like the old man in the Prestige.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+23online now  26
Article inside Safemoon
429 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+46online now  24
Video inside Apr 20 - 2 Hours Ago, 15 Year Old Girl Was Shot 4x In The Chest By Ohio..
1120 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+29online now  16
Eagles Fan Edp445 full video of him getting caught at a meet up with 13 ye..
301 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+21online now  9
Video inside Greatest blackballed rappers of all time.
137 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy