Nas Says Nipsey Hussle Wanted To Make A Documentary About ‘I Am…’ Album

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
-29  69
63 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

New replies show every 20 seconds
 1 week ago '20        #51
HipHopBible 
Props total: 1647 1 K  Slaps total: 166 166
There are some great songs on "I Am..." but there is some TRASH on there, too. Big Things? Money Is My bi*ch? Dr. Knockboot? KISSING? Even some of the songs with good lyrics are let down by generic beats (I Want To Talk To You, Ghetto Prisoners). Then there are the obvious attempts to get radio spins (You Won't See Me Tonight). It's a album that's been A&Red to death. Columbia dropped the ball on it.

Take the best songs from I Am..., the two good songs from Nastradamus and then the leaked songs from The Lost Tapes that were intended for the double disc and make your own version.

1 week ago '06        #52
LYTE 
Props total: 20968 20 K  Slaps total: 1914 1 K
 Ravishing said
What's DOE?
death of escobar

1 week ago '13        #53
DoubleOWavy 
Props total: 1574 1 K  Slaps total: 113 113
 Almighty HA said
If this album would of been DOE, the double disc, there'd be no dispute Nas is the goat. NONE.

Columbia dropped the ball on that. I'am is a good album, one of my favorites from Nas, but the bootleg version of D.O.E. is literally the best album that never came out officially. All Columbia had to do was add new records (ie. "hate me now", "you won't see me tonight", "life is what you make it", "nas is like", etc.) and master it. Sorta like how Loud did Murda Muzik.
Do you know if it’s still available online?? All the links I checked are dead.

1 week ago '18        #54
Steve Gee97  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15494 15 K  Slaps total: 2216 2 K
Nas' storytelling was vivid on this album...

Undying Love was a perfect example of that. Nas' heart was broken so he went back for revenge
+1   

1 week ago '17        #55
Almighty HA 
Props total: 18657 18 K  Slaps total: 911 911
 Ravishing said
What's DOE?
death Of Escobar

1 week ago '19        #56
Number5  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 12524 12 K  Slaps total: 6015 6 K
 Ghostface k*lla said
Crazy this album gets so much disrespect because of how it stands up next to his first two projects. But judging this as a standalone, it's still a great album
It's never been disrespected. Nastradamus is the one that got disrespected. I Am has always been considered a solid album. It got good reviews from magazines and newspapers when it came out.

1 week ago '04        #57
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 10607 10 K  Slaps total: 2534 2 K
As much as sh!t it got for being what it is compared to the first two, you'd be surprised how dudes internationally got introduced to nasir off this album. Hilarity ensues when u put those dudes on Illmatic and watch them go wtf is this wheres the singing and melodies

Minus dr. Knockboot its a nonskip cd but hell, why do we even need to have this conversation. We all got the "original" double disc and its epic af. What the SD was supposed to be, what nasir tried to redo with the SD, but miserably failed. But we got the original I Am... Nastradamus anywayz

As far as i remember i learned about what .mp3 file is thru the leak of this album. Nothing was the same after that

Last edited by xbossxplayax; 04-08-2021 at 03:00 AM..

1 week ago '05        #58
Dope Man 730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 9649 9 K  Slaps total: 937 937
It was written is my favorite nas album...then ILLmatic and then STILLmatic

1 week ago '16        #59
Ghostface Killa 
Props total: 19094 19 K  Slaps total: 3768 3 K
 Number5 said
It's never been disrespected. Nastradamus is the one that got disrespected. I Am has always been considered a solid album. It got good reviews from magazines and newspapers when it came out.
Nah, everybody hated it. His lead single had puff and n*ggas knew that puff was taking the rap game in the direction its in today. So off Rip Nas was doing a song with an enemy of real hip hop.

Then they kept comparing it to his first two projects which if you do, it doesn't do well.

That's why I said that you'd have to judge it by its own merits in order to appreciate it

1 week ago '06        #60
angelo noel 
Props total: 6326 6 K  Slaps total: 2806 2 K
The album was decent. You guys saying it was bad is just nuts.
+1   

1 week ago '16        #61
Ravishing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17306 17 K  Slaps total: 1849 1 K
 LYTE said
death of escobar
 Almighty HA said
death Of Escobar
Wow, I thought I knew my sh*t. First time hearing about that album. So DOE was supposed to follow I am or was it part of the original? Cause I thought joints from Lost Tapes were from the original double album he was supposed to record and Stillmatic

1 week ago '06        #62
LYTE 
Props total: 20968 20 K  Slaps total: 1914 1 K
 Ravishing said
Wow, I thought I knew my sh*t. First time hearing about that album. So DOE was supposed to follow I am or was it part of the original? Cause I thought joints from Lost Tapes were from the original double album he was supposed to record and Stillmatic
It's tricky
He threw out that title back in the days. So it's hard to tell where it was going to play out.

However if I remember correctly, "wanna play rough?" Was where the Escobar character got k*lled.

1 week ago '04        #63
slimboyballer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28673 28 K  Slaps total: 5982 5 K
RP Nip

1 week ago '17        #64
Almighty HA 
Props total: 18657 18 K  Slaps total: 911 911
 Ravishing said
Most of Lost Tapes was originally supposed to be DOE which turned into I'am.

1 week ago '20        #65
Easy Doesit 
Props total: 8945 8 K  Slaps total: 1986 1 K
 THEDONN said
STill my least fav Nas tape

That's unfortunate. Some of his best lyrics are on that album

1 week ago '13        #66
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 66308 66 K  Slaps total: 27622 27 K
 Easy Doesit said
That's unfortunate. Some of his best lyrics are on that album
not even close

1 week ago '16        #67
Eastcoast 
Props total: 7268 7 K  Slaps total: 1829 1 K
 Ant McQueen said
I love it.

If we’re being honest NY State of Mind Pt 2 > the OG.

Slap away, people!
Part 2 is crazy underrated.
+1   

1 week ago '04        #68
mista_millz 
Props total: 4895 4 K  Slaps total: 809 809
 ant mcqueen said
i love it.

if we’re being honest ny state of mind pt 2 > the og.

slap away, people!
amennn

New replies show every 20 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  16
Apr 16 - Man accidentally gets one Moderna and one Pfizer COVID vaccine
95 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+78online now  14
Video inside Kevin Samuels says “Large % of men are raised by women & they think the..
289 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-23online now  14
Video inside Dogecoin is out of control $1,000 to $89,000
126 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside Anybody in the Trading Card game?
108 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy