online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

MUST SEE: JOYNER LUCAS BREAKS DOWN THE TRICKS LABELS USE TO SIGN YOU! part 1

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '21        #26
HesOnFire 
Props total: 13114 13 K  Slaps total: 659 659
 BalmainReyes said 🔗
Well put us on mayne

I’ve looked into blockchain releases before..I think the biggest hurdle is getting people to support purchasing through that way. The trouble of having getting them to understand the blockchain, etc..
IMO that’s the only downside to it it’s still fairly new tech I think Tory released an album on blockchain and sold out day one and made a mill but it’s companies that deal with blockchain and music release
+2   

2 months ago '20        #27
gogosunday  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 56453 56 K  Slaps total: 4219 4 K
 bqstudios said 🔗
Its a sham to Joyner cause he never really popped and thinks its these labels fault. Joyner is ok , but he's not anyone that anyone wants to be.
Yeah Joyner seems like somebody who actually was never supposed to be as popular as he was. He admits himself he kind of “tricked” people to listen to him. He seems bitter because he feels he should’ve been a star just cause he wanted to be one. But even with labels you have to give them something to work with
+3   

2 months ago '08        #28
J_Clarity13 
Props total: 20913 20 K  Slaps total: 3519 3 K
 jlem said 🔗
Absolute Truth!

emoji

It can be done with ANY contract! We've done it multiple times. Especially with things involving our kids.

A lot of contracts involving your kids traveling to a school sanctioned event have liability clauses in them that protect the school in the event your kid gets hurt.

Nah. We'll redline that sh1t and place our initials next to it and send it back with our kids to school. Not once has it come back home with them.

emoji

You think I'm about absolve you of liability when you're supposed to be looking out for my kid's safety?

emoji

Nah. Daffuq you think this is?

emoji
It applies for houses as well, but people go in blindly. Not knowing what they're signing.
+1   

2 months ago '06        #29
authenic 
Props total: 11064 11 K  Slaps total: 2323 2 K
Why so much hate for manager drew... Joyner wasn't really saying anything....and contractually he can't say too much hence him asking the manager to explain
+1   

2 months ago '18        #30
TexasPlayaMayne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 29496 29 K  Slaps total: 23189 23 K
 F0RTUN4T0 said 🔗
Have a lawyer look at the contract before signing anything.
They not educated on a lawyer, how to get one or anything.

Drama signed Uzi outside the hood in a Rolls.

Uzi was a kid, he aint know sh1t about a lawyer. He just happy to get that advance so his contract should've been null and void.
+1   

2 months ago '18        #31
 blackninja said 🔗
Trick? If you are "tricked" into doing any type of business, you should not be doing business.

emoji

First off, I will NOT agree that most artists, especially rappers, are uneducated. Many artists do deals, including myself, and we do just fine.

Damn near EVERY contract i have gotten from major billion dollar companies was boilerplate "shady." My lawyer then made the move to negotiate the REAL contract for me sign.

The fact is that unless a contact can magically change after you sign it, there are NO tricks. As long as no laws are broken contracts should not be null and void because someone was "unwise" enough to sign it. If you want to talk about shady, the first contracts that would be terminated would be high interest credit cards and loans that take advantage of a billion times more people than crooked recording contracts.

Ok back to the OG point:

You should NOT be doing business if you do the following:

Trust what is said to you instead of what is on paper in your contract.
Think you can negotiate your own contract.
Don't have enough sense or know how to retain a competent lawyer WHO IS ON YOUR SIDE.

I will say it again:

If you are "tricked" into doing any type of business, you should NOT be doing business.

emoji

I like Joyner, think he is a notable artist, and I like his music. He is just more back pack than pop so he never "popped." However, I was totally turned off by his new album cover and skipped it.

emoji
Then basically no one in the music business should be doing business Lol Thats basically everyone.

We definitely need a new law to void contracts where hood dudes/young artist signed away all of their rights and ownership without knowing because its predatory behavior.

Like I said, Uzi signed his contract when he was outside in the hood. Drama got 90%.

Drama is a grown a$s man with education Uzi was a young hood rapper trying to make it out.

If that was my son, I would honestly want to do something very bad to Drama.

90% is some evil sh1t imo.
+3   

2 months ago '11        #32
Sinamatik CFR  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 74280 74 K  Slaps total: 7581 7 K
 Murderers said 🔗
I actually preferred him talking over Joyner... Seems like he's the one who was actually handling the business and dealing with the labels.
Lol, nah he definitely is the business mind and gave more insight than I heard Joyner giving in all the clips I've seen....

My thing is, they was questioning Joyner, not duke... I co-host an online radio show myself so trust, I know how these things can go. But a lot of times I was looking/listening expecting Joyner to fully answer the questions that was directed to him, but bro kept dominating the conversation for no reason....

Unless Joyner literally deferred all the business to ol boy, in total trust.
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '22        #33
Murderers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50
Props total: 122707 122 K  Slaps total: 31951 31 K
 Sinamatik CFR said 🔗
Lol, nah he definitely is the business mind and gave more insight than I heard Joyner giving in all the clips I've seen....

My thing is, they was questioning Joyner, not duke... I co-host an online radio show myself so trust, I know how these things can go. But a lot of times I was looking/listening expecting Joyner to fully answer the questions that was directed to him, but bro kept dominating the conversation for no reason....

Unless Joyner literally deferred all the business to ol boy, in total trust.
Props for the perspective and I hope that things are going well for your show. I was only going off the clip in the OP and it seemed like Maff was giving them both their time to shine. If dude was talking over Joyner the entire interview then I could definitely see that being annoying for the viewer
emoji
+1   

2 months ago '22        #34
ManBoyUNFDBL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 22423 22 K  Slaps total: 2750 2 K
 gogosunday said 🔗
Yeah Joyner seems like somebody who actually was never supposed to be as popular as he was. He admits himself he kind of “tricked” people to listen to him. He seems bitter because he feels he should’ve been a star just cause he wanted to be one. But even with labels you have to give them something to work with
He should start by changing his name…

…bruh actually nice but “Joyner Lucas” is Top 10 Worst Rap Name and it ain’t 10.

The fu#k is a “Joyner”.

emoji

2 months ago '11        #35
 Murderers said 🔗
Props for the perspective and I hope that things are going well for your show. I was only going off the clip in the OP and it seemed like Maff was giving them both their time to shine. If dude was talking over Joyner the entire interview then I could definitely see that being annoying for the viewer
emoji
I saw about 4 random clips of it, dude definitely was the mouthpiece of the two, Joyner spoke as well, but most of the clips were about the business sh1t....

His time with and the fall out he/they had with Sha Money XL, backstabbers, etc... it seems like the focus of things were more about shady business vs. music, and that's why dude aint fully annoy me, but he should've let Joyner fully breakdown his answers, unrushed....

And yeah our station overall doing fairly well...

Our show is compared to the Stretch and Bobbito shows of the 90s...

Check it out some time ↪🔗
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '22        #36
Murderers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50
Props total: 122707 122 K  Slaps total: 31951 31 K
 Sinamatik CFR said 🔗
I saw about 4 random clips of it, dude definitely was the mouthpiece of the two, Joyner spoke as well, but most of the clips were about the business sh1t....

His time with and the fall out he/they had with Sha Money XL, backstabbers, etc... it seems like the focus of things were more about shady business vs. music, and that's why dude aint fully annoy me, but he should've let Joyner fully breakdown his answers, unrushed....

Thanks for link, I'm definitely gonna support. Downloading the app now
emoji
+2   

2 months ago '18        #37
 Sinamatik CFR said 🔗

Ignore him. Dude is a proven c#m eater. He like slimy, grainy cum.
+1   

2 months ago '11        #38
 Murderers said 🔗
Thanks for link, I'm definitely gonna support. Downloading the app now
emoji
Appreciate you bro, tell a friend to tell 10...

And if you make music, feel free to submit it to the inbox addy on the page.

We usually live Fridays starting at 6pm... We won't be back on air til the 19 for an album preview of Bad Seed and his 6th Man crews vol 2 of their compilation, here go a recent video from bro.

https://youtu.be/MSMXmuVwj1Q?feature=shared
+2   

2 months ago '05        #39
youngvito18 
Props total: 42250 42 K  Slaps total: 7172 7 K
Rappers

We dont give 2 sh1ts about record labels

We dont give 2 sh1ts about your business

you dont have to tell us corporations dont play fair

ITS A CAPITLIST COUNTRY!!!
+1   

2 months ago '20        #40
 ManBoyUNFDBL said 🔗
He should start by changing his name…

…bruh actually nice but “Joyner Lucas” is Top 10 Worst Rap Name and it ain’t 10.

The fu#k is a “Joyner”.

emoji
That’s not his real name?? Lol
+1   

2 months ago '22        #41
ManBoyUNFDBL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 22423 22 K  Slaps total: 2750 2 K
 gogosunday said 🔗
That’s not his real name?? Lol
Is it?

Yikes.

emoji

2 months ago '20        #42
 ManBoyUNFDBL said 🔗
Is it?

Yikes.

emoji
I don’t know don’t get me to lying I just assumed because why would he make that up

Sounds like the kid at school whose allergic to gra$s peanut butter and wind

Actually I wonder if his name is Lucas Joyner lol
+1   

2 months ago '15        #43
mourinho1 
Props total: 7178 7 K  Slaps total: 2507 2 K
 MIDUFINGACEO said 🔗
↪🔗
thx for the post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 months ago '04        #44
Adwerdz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x144
Props total: 270028 270 K  Slaps total: 31259 31 K
@🔗 you broke?

2 months ago '22        #45
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x110
Props total: 195278 195 K  Slaps total: 230752 230 K
had to bring up selling drugs right after talking bout working Wendy’s and odd jobs

Seems these rappers gotta embellish they life to sound cool in the room
emoji

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+6620
Image(s) inside 85 High-Paying Jobs Without a Degree or Experience (Plus Salaries
180 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
props+2016
Video inside Guy Talking about Ross and Future’s hit numbers without Drake 👀
213 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+12811
Video inside Cam’ron trending for wild CNN interview while speaking on Diddy
438 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
logo Former Red Sox pitcher arrested attempting to meet 14 year old girl for s*..
36 comments
1 day ago
@sports