Breaking: Alex Pereira x Israel Adesanya @ UFC 281 on 11/12, New York City

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

New replies show every 20 seconds
 1 week ago '12        #51
Dee352 
Props total: 5202 5 K  Slaps total: 315 315

1 week ago '09        #52
nbthrilla 
Props total: 2136 2 K  Slaps total: 504 504
 joeyfkncrakk said
Adesanya been having snoozers since he deaded Anderson Silva
Costa gastlelum Whittaker 1 say hi
+3   

1 week ago '09        #53
nbthrilla 
 Loco Poe said
LFG!!!! Finally a f*ght that Izzy can't put us all to sleep by just running and dancing around the cage for 5 rds again without any intention of looking for a finish (that's why Silva is my GOAT, and GOAT of MW). With Alex you can throw that all out the window, he's going to have to stand in the pocket and trade. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns Izzy into a wrestler all the sudden. I love Izzy even though he's been putting me to sleep the majority of his last 5/6 f*ghts, if not all. I got Poatan in this one going 3-0 vs him. He slept him with boxing gloves in GLORY, now he's going to be wearing 4 ounce gloves which is WAY lighter and he was sleeping legit Kickboxers left and right including Izzy in GLORY. He held the MW and Light Heavyweight titles simultaneously for a reason, and he lives up to his name, translated to "Stone Hand". This will be very interesting, I can't fu*king wait!!!!

They never fought in Glory.

Alex was arguably getting outstruck in both f*ghts.

Southpaw straight is Izzy's kyrptonite and why he had a more of a struggle vs gastlelum than expected (styles make f*ghts)

1 week ago '06        #54
Loco Poe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7574 7 K  Slaps total: 1170 1 K
 nbthrilla said
They never fought in Glory.

Alex was arguably getting outstruck in both f*ghts.

Southpaw straight is Izzy's kyrptonite and why he had a more of a struggle vs gastlelum than expected (styles make f*ghts)
My bad I meant Glory of f*ghters. The first f*ght was very close and could've went either way but I agree he was def losing the second for sure before he knocked out Izzy. Like you said though, he's Izzy's kryptonite being a southpaw, and his left hook is lethal sleeping numerous other top Kickboxers during his time. All that he was winning the f*ght until he got slept excuse doesn't fly as a base to stand on fam, let's be real. I've rarely heard that excuse used for anyone else more than Izzy vs Alex, and that includes any blood sport (UFC, Boxing, Muay Thai, Kickboxing). He lost twice, and and one of them was a brutal KO putting him to sleep, end of story.

Talking about GLORY, Alex was a WAY superior f*ghter in GLORY and it's not even close, his resume speaks for itself being the simultaneous MW and LHW champ at the same time. Both of them got a lot better since their first 2 f*ghts. Izzy was only 2-2 and GLORY before he turned to MMA and arguably some say didn't want no more parts in the rise and reign of Alex during that time in GLORY. He made the smart long term career choice, turning to MMA. A very interesting fact is they had 2 mutual f*ghters that they both fought in GLORY which Izzy won by Split Decision (Yousri), and lost by Unanimous Decision (Wilnis). In comparison, Alex lost to both by UD in his early GLORY career to avenge both losses by KO'ing Yousri twice then Wilnis once after those losses. Alex's GLORY career was legendary and he was sleeping a lot of his opps. Finishing Kickboxers at the highest level is easier said than done. Izzy didn't even have 1 finish in GLORY, he either won or lost by decision going 2-2. This 3rd f*ght will be very interesting, with both f*ghters improving drastrically since they first fought their 2 f*ghts. Either Izzy will cruise to a decision or he'll get slept again if he gets caught with that left.

Last edited by Loco Poe; 08-05-2022 at 10:47 PM..

1 week ago '04        #55
TniaS 
Props total: 1077 1 K  Slaps total: 371 371
Super fast to get a shot at the belt lol like with barely any MMA experience... but yeah they fought before so the storyline is there
+1   

1 week ago '05        #56
rellish 
Props total: 20039 20 K  Slaps total: 2924 2 K
 Twotwenty said
This is going to have action unlike Izzy last couple of f*ghts.
Hoping so…..but……

I think Izzy runs/back pedals the ENTIRE f*ght, all 5 rounds….. he’s going to promise “violence this, dominate that”, then when the f*ght comes he’s going to f*ght defensive as fukk guarantee it

1 week ago '20        #57
bayareapiff 
Props total: 4382 4 K  Slaps total: 527 527
They fast tracking the fu*k out of Pereira, cuz Izzy might be the only dude in the top 5 he can beat

1 week ago '20        #58
bayareapiff 
Props total: 4382 4 K  Slaps total: 527 527
 Loco Poe said
My bad I meant Glory of f*ghters. The first f*ght was very close and could've went either way but I agree he was def losing the second for sure before he knocked out Izzy. Like you said though, he's Izzy's kryptonite being a southpaw, and his left hook is lethal sleeping numerous other top Kickboxers during his time. All that he was winning the f*ght until he got slept excuse doesn't fly as a base to stand on fam, let's be real. I've rarely heard that excuse used for anyone else more than Izzy vs Alex, and that includes any blood sport (UFC, Boxing, Muay Thai, Kickboxing). He lost twice, and and one of them was a brutal KO putting him to sleep, end of story.

Talking about GLORY, Alex was a WAY superior f*ghter in GLORY and it's not even close, his resume speaks for itself being the simultaneous MW and LHW champ at the same time. Both of them got a lot better since their first 2 f*ghts. Izzy was only 2-2 and GLORY before he turned to MMA and arguably some say didn't want no more parts in the rise and reign of Alex during that time in GLORY. He made the smart long term career choice, turning to MMA. A very interesting fact is they had 2 mutual f*ghters that they both fought in GLORY which Izzy won by Split Decision (Yousri), and lost by Unanimous Decision (Wilnis). In comparison, Alex lost to both by UD in his early GLORY career to avenge both losses by KO'ing Yousri twice then Wilnis once after those losses. Alex's GLORY career was legendary and he was sleeping a lot of his opps. Finishing Kickboxers at the highest level is easier said than done. Izzy didn't even have 1 finish in GLORY, he either won or lost by decision going 2-2. This 3rd f*ght will be very interesting, with both f*ghters improving drastrically since they first fought their 2 f*ghts. Either Izzy will cruise to a decision or he'll get slept again if he gets caught with that left.

What's the odds on izzy going with a wrestling gameplan? I know he been practicing grappling with how long he's been in the ufc, and pereira might be the only dude at middleweight he could actually take down

1 week ago '06        #59
nightmare  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 10081 10 K  Slaps total: 361 361
 Loco Poe said

overall im with you here, but the only thing ill say is that the standing 8 count that alex had before the KO, woulda been a TKO in MMA, so there is some value to people using that reasoning in this specific situation
+1   

1 week ago '12        #60
ezduzit 
Props total: 65207 65 K  Slaps total: 6250 6 K
Y’all always get salty af when these black f*ghters be dominating. Pathetic
+2   

1 week ago '12        #61
ezduzit 
Props total: 65207 65 K  Slaps total: 6250 6 K
 Xiox said
You whyte boys will be disappointed
It was funny watching them foam at the mouth for a Jon Jones L and never came
+1   

1 week ago '15        #62
Hellmatic 
Props total: 61208 61 K  Slaps total: 5630 5 K
 ahonui06 said
Hope Pereira knocks that boring bum out cold again
He gotta go for broke cause Israel just gonna potshots him all day like floyd (Israel is on some money may floyd sh*t nowadays). He's gonna wait to counter and if he doesn't he won't throw

1 week ago '09        #63
nbthrilla 
 Loco Poe said

It's arguable Izzy got robbed vs Wilnis. I know of both guys including fought in WLF myself for a cup of coffee. Alex did have a good run in GLORY but GLORY has been on deaths doorstep since 2016 bout when Izzy and them moved over to MMA. The US expansion was a big failure for Golden Glory internationally. It's why most of the roster moved immediately to ONE or started transitions to MMA.

Don't be shocked if Izzy sleeps Alex either. He's there too be hit which is what people aren't realizing from him f*ghting these below average strikers in MMA etc. He will bring pressure and there will be openings.

1 week ago '11        #64
Tooly Da Gawd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10223 10 K  Slaps total: 2431 2 K
 mwtx said
Yesss

I’ve always rooted for Izzy but I’m getting tired of his style. Wouldn’t care if Alex won.
the problem is when alex wins hes gonna lose to everyone else that izzy already beat and then izzy gonna get his title back from them

back to square one
+2   

1 week ago '05        #65
dblockallday 
Props total: 4696 4 K  Slaps total: 745 745
 darkkingtrey said
Oh sh*t here we go. Yo if he beats izzy he might immediately lose to to the wrestler that gets a title shot like Vitori
prob an immediate rematch unless izzy gets completely washed
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '20        #66
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 68280 68 K  Slaps total: 12538 12 K
 ezduzit said
It was funny watching them foam at the mouth for a Jon Jones L and never came
These dudes can't help themselves hating on a negro for no good reason

1 week ago '20        #67
finding formula  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3514 3 K  Slaps total: 327 327
Adesanya -166
Pereira + 140

Been a while since he been under -300/ -250
+1   

1 week ago '05        #68
A~team 
Props total: 16266 16 K  Slaps total: 2757 2 K
I can't front I'm fearful of this match up for the style bender, he is gonna have to go plus ultra if wants to come back out on top as champ.

1 week ago '05        #69
blah blah blah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x52
Props total: 113068 113 K  Slaps total: 88636 88 K
 TniaS said
Super fast to get a shot at the belt lol like with barely any MMA experience... but yeah they fought before so the storyline is there
Better to make the f*ght now tbh

1 week ago '06        #70
nightmare  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 10081 10 K  Slaps total: 361 361
 Tooly Da Gawd said
the problem is when alex wins hes gonna lose to everyone else that izzy already beat and then izzy gonna get his title back from them

back to square one
thats a good point, if izzy loses, the next mf is just gonna wrestle alex for 5 rounds

1 week ago '11        #71
Tooly Da Gawd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10223 10 K  Slaps total: 2431 2 K
 nightmare said
thats a good point, if izzy loses, the next mf is just gonna wrestle alex for 5 rounds
usman might even go up and go snatch that sh*t then retire

1 week ago '05        #72
rawchester 
Props total: 23377 23 K  Slaps total: 2928 2 K
 Cosmo Kramer said

I love how active izzy stays!

New replies show every 20 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+32online now  71
Video inside "So Long, Pal" Judge Sentences Repeat Offender After Giving Him Several..
66 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+109online now  70
Woman speaking facts about female expectation
101 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+79online now  36
Jordan price increases
132 comments
21 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+17online now  34
Video inside Joe Budden still getting that Nike money 20 years later (Swoosh High )
25 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy