No One is Talking About Electric Car Deaths, So I Have To...

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+89  74
229 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section rides

New replies show every 20 seconds
 1 week ago '12        #151
styxz 
Props total: 1852 1 K  Slaps total: 186 186
Had no idea ppl were so scared of Teslas and bought into fud. It aint that deep. Have any of you driven one, or any ev?

And all this sh*t about end of the world EMP scenarios...bruh if an EMP knocked out the grid 2/3 of the cars on the road are suddenly inoperable. The ones that still turn on wont be able to fill up at most pumps either, so unless you got barrels of fuel stashed on a dark rainy day you're not coming out on top of an EV by simply driving ICE.

As for the fires, lets a*sume they are more common and more deadly in EVs (untrue in general, but for argument's sake)... ALL vehicle fires are rare af. Like less than half a %. I'm not sure you're getting an appreciable increase in risk of fire from an EV over an ICE when the total risk between the two is statistically irrelevant relative to the amount of cars out here.

These anti-EV takes are anti-intellectual af
+3   

1 week ago '12        #152
styxz 
Props total: 1852 1 K  Slaps total: 186 186
 Perfectibilist said
Have you ever taken a road trip in an EV? Say, 5 or more hours. If so, how did it hold up? I’ve heard some people say that such trips took twice as long as usual because you have to keep charging it.
Tbh, I be tight af.

I go to the bathroom, order food and sit to eat and the car only got 10-15mins till it reach my charge limit. Even worse when you eat at a restaurant. You might not even have your order in and the sh*t done charging and you gotta move it else you get hit with idle fees. That's even if you slow the charge rate down.

I've never left asap (it tells you when you have enough charge to complete your trip or reach the next furthest charger out).
+3   

1 week ago '20        #153
Perfectibilist 
Props total: 4118 4 K  Slaps total: 1927 1 K
 Backbreaker said
No, I’ve done the drive about 4 times already. There level 3 (very fast) chargers so I never stayed more than 20 minutes at one supercharger site. I would say 8% to 80% in about 15-16 minutes top. Supercharging infrastructure has came a long way over the years. No need for Netflix in the car anymore honestly.
Thanks for clearing that up.
+1   

1 week ago '17        #154
Shaze804 
Props total: 418 418  Slaps total: 13 13

Shorty kopped ioniq 5
-2 years of free charging @ electrify America
- got tech warranty via manuf.
- Around 15/20min charge from 10% to 80%
- took a 2hr road trip; charged on the way back. Under 20m, no issues. (Got stuck in FedEx field/weeknd traffic for an hour plus so we had to charge)
- uses the 350 kw DC fast charge

Was hesitant but solid investment. Tech will only get better. Sis in law kopped Tesla 3, its kinda mid, especially if you buy into the hype like she did.

Last edited by Shaze804; 08-06-2022 at 05:41 AM..
+2   

1 week ago '06        #155
SuppaSlick 
Props total: 12273 12 K  Slaps total: 1762 1 K
It's kinda embaressing the amount of incorrect and exaggerated things there are in this thread lol
+3   

1 week ago '06        #156
kip99 
Props total: 14156 14 K  Slaps total: 1534 1 K
 Ghostface k*lla said
FOH

So we honestly saying gas cars don't catch on fire like that?

You really here believing electric cars are worse?
They are lol.
+2   

1 week ago '17        #157
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 41092 41 K  Slaps total: 5584 5 K
 acefresh said

Ready to fu*k off yet? And share this with your fellow idiots in here who also don’t know how to use google.

Edit: username checks out tho

“ Start in the 1830s, with Scotland’s Robert Anderson, whose motorized carriage was built sometime between 1832 and ’39. Batteries (galvanic cells) were not yet rechargeable, so it was more parlor trick (“Look! No horse nor ox, yet it moves!”) than a transportation device. Another Scot, Robert Davidson of Aberdeen, built a prototype electric locomotive in 1837. A bigger, better version, demonstrated in 1841, could go 1.5 miles at 4 mph towing six tons. Then it needed new batteries. This impressive performance so alarmed railway workers (who saw it as a threat to their jobs tending steam engines) that they destroyed Davidson’s devil machine, which he’d named Galvani. ”

Why are you so committed to being a dumbass?

Those gas fumes got to you and made you a dotard

Last edited by Lazy; 08-06-2022 at 11:49 PM..

1 week ago '22        #158
Incel  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3065 3 K  Slaps total: 846 846
RIP OP

1 week ago '08        #159
flav 
Props total: 18684 18 K  Slaps total: 4127 4 K
LMAO many people didn’t even bother to look at the video

nowhere are any talks about fire subjects covered are the types of collisions and the focus is why it’s dangerous to collide with an electric car when you’re driving a gasoline vehicle

then covers the rashes that are believed to have happened with Autopilot, lastly he covers the safety features that are getting standardized in more and more vehicles

lastly, autopilot doesn’t mean “you can now look away and do whatever you want” you still have to pay attention to the damn road
+1   

1 week ago '08        #160
flav 
Props total: 18684 18 K  Slaps total: 4127 4 K
 styxz said
Had no idea ppl were so scared of Teslas and bought into fud. It aint that deep. Have any of you driven one, or any ev?

And all this sh*t about end of the world EMP scenarios...bruh if an EMP knocked out the grid 2/3 of the cars on the road are suddenly inoperable. The ones that still turn on wont be able to fill up at most pumps either, so unless you got barrels of fuel stashed on a dark rainy day you're not coming out on top of an EV by simply driving ICE.

As for the fires, lets a*sume they are more common and more deadly in EVs (untrue in general, but for argument's sake)... ALL vehicle fires are rare af. Like less than half a %. I'm not sure you're getting an appreciable increase in risk of fire from an EV over an ICE when the total risk between the two is statistically irrelevant relative to the amount of cars out here.

These anti-EV takes are anti-intellectual af
lmao yep

in typical BX fashion, people who talk the most about something have the least real life experience about the very thing they bark about online
+2   

New replies show every 20 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+95online now  107
Woman speaking facts about female expectation
95 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  51
Video inside Joe Budden still getting that Nike money 20 years later (Swoosh High )
14 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+77online now  50
Jordan price increases
128 comments
20 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  46
3 dead after hit and run... Possible hate crime?
69 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy