online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Official PC Builders Help Thread (Please Read OP)

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

8 years ago '04        #1251
CrAkKedOuT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27071 27 K  Slaps total: 4618 4 K
 ii_show_off said 🔗
I feel that 75/month for a $4500 pc for productivity and gaming is not bad..

8 years ago '09        #1252
Baynut 
Props total: 6258 6 K  Slaps total: 594 594
 ii_show_off said 🔗
well building and partpicking arent the issue.. I feel that 75/month for a $4500 pc for productivity and gaming is not bad.. comes OC'd with a slightly custom case..
emoji

i dont have 3k+ to blow right now and I'm definitely not about to be ratchet and blow my taxes on this sh*t.. I mean its an investment but naw.. lol

also i think maingear is the only site that does financing.. either way, by the time im done paying it off it would essentially be about time to upgrade..
Origin does financing too. If you serious I'd wait until 2k16 and Pascal. Pascal is made for 4k gaming and that will be the time to upgrade.

8 years ago '11        #1253
leem26vtec 
Props total: 1316 1 K  Slaps total: 169 169
Alright fellas I am deciding to do some upgrades to my computer for moderate gaming.
my current specs are basic AMD Phenom(tm) II x4 820 Processor 2.80GHz
12.0gb installed ram. Money is not an option but I do not want to go extreme or looking for ultimate gaming pc. I am just wanting to know the route you guys would take in regards to video card and power supply, which is all i should need to upgrade to play..... lets says GTA 5 or Battlefield 4 on extreme settings etc... I do not want radiators or all that cooling jazz, really just a nice powerful video/graphics card and supporting mods(hopefully just power supply). Thanks fellas. @🔗 @🔗

8 years ago '07        #1254
mainevent4u88  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5650 5 K  Slaps total: 2065 2 K
 leem26vtec said 🔗
Alright fellas I am deciding to do some upgrades to my computer for moderate gaming.
12.0gb installed ram. Money is not an option but I do not want to go extreme or looking for ultimate gaming pc. I am just wanting to know the route you guys would take in regards to video card and power supply, which is all i should need to upgrade to play..... lets says GTA 5 or Battlefield 4 on extreme settings etc... I do not want radiators or all that cooling jazz, really just a nice powerful video/graphics card and supporting mods(hopefully just power supply). Thanks fellas. @🔗 @🔗
cop a 980 and you should be straight video card wise.

8 years ago '04        #1255
 leem26vtec said 🔗
You're going to have to upgrade that CPU. Even if you got a 970/980/390/Fury etc that CPU will be a big bottleneck for that GPU and you won't get the best performance from it. Think it's best to give us a budget for a new build.

8 years ago '05        #1256
Sno0o0o0py 
Props total: 34 34  Slaps total: 1 1
 leem26vtec said 🔗
12.0gb installed ram. Money is not an option but I do not want to go extreme or looking for ultimate gaming pc. I am just wanting to know the route you guys would take in regards to video card and power supply, which is all i should need to upgrade to play..... lets says GTA 5 or Battlefield 4 on extreme settings etc... I do not want radiators or all that cooling jazz, really just a nice powerful video/graphics card and supporting mods(hopefully just power supply). Thanks fellas. @🔗

dont be a pleb then, fully ascend to the race of greatness, where waiting isnt an option.

but in all seriousness @🔗 and @🔗 are right about the bottleneck tho, you would be wasting your money

8 years ago '11        #1257
leem26vtec 
 Sno0o0o0py said 🔗
dont be a pleb then, fully ascend to the race of greatness, where waiting isnt an option.

but in all seriousness @🔗 and @🔗 are right about the bottleneck tho, you would be wasting your money
I understand what your saying but I do not want a super cpu so to speak... What CPU do you suggest? Im browsing Tiger direct and this sh*t is not making sense spec wise, may be a AMD FX-8350. And thank you for the help. Im going to order the Titan 980 tonight and will I need to upgrade the power supply being its a stronger video card?

Last edited by leem26vtec; 10-11-2015 at 01:22 PM..

8 years ago '05        #1258
Sno0o0o0py 
Props total: 34 34  Slaps total: 1 1
 leem26vtec said 🔗
I understand what your saying but I do not want a super cpu so to speak... What CPU do you suggest? Im browsing Tiger direct and this sh*t is not making sense spec wise, may be a AMD FX-8350. And thank you for the help. Im going to order the Titan 980 tonight and will I need to upgrade the power supply being its a stronger video card?
i havent seen what part you have, it depends on a few factors if you need to upgrade other parts.

titan 980? never heard of it
emoji

8 years ago '04        #1259
 leem26vtec said 🔗
The 8350 is an AM3+ socket. Whatever your motherboard now is is more than likely just AM3. You'll have to go to the manufacture of that motherboard and see if they have any BIOS updates that'll allow it to run the 8350. If you don't see any, then you'll have to get a new motherboard that is AM3+ compatible.

8 years ago '11        #1260
leem26vtec 
 CrAkKedOuT said 🔗
The 8350 is an AM3+ socket. Whatever your motherboard now is is more than likely just AM3. You'll have to go to the manufacture of that motherboard and see if they have any BIOS updates that'll allow it to run the 8350. If you don't see any, then you'll have to get a new motherboard that is AM3+ compatible.
sh*t man I don't uderstand this sh*t. So I'll need a motherboard too?

8 years ago '09        #1261
ii_show_off 
Props total: 4307 4 K  Slaps total: 1229 1 K
 Baynut said 🔗
Origin does financing too. If you serious I'd wait until 2k16 and Pascal. Pascal is made for 4k gaming and that will be the time to upgrade.
come again?????

you mean they bought to drop something better than the 980ti that just came out and is just as good as the titan x????

source????

8 years ago '08        #1262
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 54578 54 K  Slaps total: 4325 4 K
 leem26vtec said 🔗
sh*t man I don't uderstand this sh*t. So I'll need a motherboard too?
You probably will. Time to build a whole new machine.

8 years ago '09        #1263
Baynut 
Props total: 6258 6 K  Slaps total: 594 594
 ii_show_off said 🔗
come again?????

you mean they bought to drop something better than the 980ti that just came out and is just as good as the titan x????

source????
Just google Nvidia Pascal.

8 years ago '09        #1264
ii_show_off 
 Quicksand said 🔗
Expect Q3 or Q4 for Pascal 2016
damn... aint nobody trynna wait that long..

besides, i feel like 1440p is the sweet spot aka new 1080p

8 years ago '08        #1265
AxelFoley 
Props total: 3064 3 K  Slaps total: 188 188
 ii_show_off said 🔗
damn... aint nobody trynna wait that long..

besides, i feel like 1440p is the sweet spot aka new 1080p
I think 4k will be the new standard sooner than you think. 4k TV prices are dropping buy the day. If Pascal can push games in 4k @ 60fps w/ ultra settings, a lot of 1440p gamers will make that 4k jump with the quickness.

8 years ago '08        #1266
Oh Finesse 
Props total: 6 6  Slaps total: 8 8
 AxelFoley said 🔗
I think 4k will be the new standard sooner than you think. 4k TV prices are dropping buy the day. If Pascal can push games in 4k @ 60fps w/ ultra settings, a lot of 1440p gamers will make that 4k jump with the quickness.
a 4k standard is nowhere in the near future. the standard in the near future as I see will probably be 1440p, and even then we're a ways off. the requirements to reach 4k are way too expensive for the common consumer.

8 years ago '05        #1267
P-Hill 
Props total: 43175 43 K  Slaps total: 2717 2 K
1440p is the sweet spot for PC gaming and even that can be kinda expensive to reach.. if you include a 144hz monitor w/ it.. i'm not banking on 4k just yet

8 years ago '09        #1268
ii_show_off 
 Oh Finesse said 🔗
a 4k standard is nowhere in the near future. the standard in the near future as I see will probably be 1440p, and even then we're a ways off. the requirements to reach 4k are way too expensive for the common consumer.
This.

1440 100+ fps at ultra setting >>>>>>>>> 4k @ 30-60 fps

Last edited by ii_show_off; 10-12-2015 at 09:00 AM..

8 years ago '08        #1269
Oh Finesse 
I was thinking about upgrading my cpu soon..ish, should I wait for the Zen series next year or hop on the 9590 (if it drops below $200)? Also, if I was to get the 9590, should I go with water cooling vs a fan (how hard is it to setup wc?)? Lastly, I assume my 750w psu would be just fine if I upgrade, seeing as right now I'm around 520ishw and if I got the 9590 that would jump to around the 600-teen's.

not going to overclock btw, and I have an 8350 at the moment.

8 years ago '04        #1270
 Oh Finesse said 🔗
I was thinking about upgrading my cpu soon..ish, should I wait for the Zen series next year or hop on the 9590 (if it drops below $200)? Also, if I was to get the 9590, should I go with water cooling vs a fan (how hard is it to setup wc?)? Lastly, I assume my 750w psu would be just fine if I upgrade, seeing as right now I'm around 520ishw and if I got the 9590 that would jump to around the 600-teen's.

not going to overclock btw, and I have an 8350 at the moment.
Liquid Cooling the 9590 wouldn't be a problem. It's just like mounting a fan heatsink on. Honestly though you'd be wasting your money getting a 9590 since all it is is an overclocked 8350. Overclock your 8350 to 4.6 (I've been on 4.6 since the 8350 launched) then wait for Zen next year and make the big upgrade to the AM4 platform. That's what I'm doing.

8 years ago '08        #1271
Oh Finesse 
 CrAkKedOuT said 🔗
Liquid Cooling the 9590 wouldn't be a problem. It's just like mounting a fan heatsink on. Honestly though you'd be wasting your money getting a 9590 since all it is is an overclocked 8350. Overclock your 8350 to 4.6 (I've been on 4.6 since the 8350 launched) then wait for Zen next year and make the big upgrade to the AM4 platform. That's what I'm doing.
alright... now... what are the dangers of overclocking this bad boy? I only have an EVO 212 for cooling, hopefully that's sufficient? I'd be willing to overclock, but I want to do it in the safest way possible, just the thought of fu*king something up trying to OC scares the fu*k out of me.

edit: a quick look around and I'm seeing that I might be able to safely OC to around to a 4.4-4.7 range with air cooling. what guide did you follow?

Last edited by Oh Finesse; 10-20-2015 at 05:47 AM..

8 years ago '04        #1272
 Oh Finesse said 🔗
alright... now... what are the dangers of overclocking this bad boy? I only have an EVO 212 for cooling, hopefully that's sufficient? I'd be willing to overclock, but I want to do it in the safest way possible, just the thought of fu*king something up trying to OC scares the fu*k out of me.

edit: a quick look around and I'm seeing that I might be able to safely OC to around to a 4.4-4.7 range with air cooling. what guide did you follow?
I just followed JayzTwoCents AMD Overcloxking video. I'm on air as well, Noctua, and haven't had any problems.

8 years ago '08        #1273
Oh Finesse 
 CrAkKedOuT said 🔗
I just followed JayzTwoCents AMD Overcloxking video. I'm on air as well, Noctua, and haven't had any problems.
thanks playa.

:mspaintriversplaya:

bout to go peep right now.

8 years ago '04        #1274
vagangster 
Props total: 2429 2 K  Slaps total: 271 271
Aight just bought a CPU for a new build I want to start
Grabbed a Intel Core i5 i5-4590 Quad-core (4 Core) 3.30 GHz

I already have RAM, a Case, Harddrive

Looking for some suggestions for Graphics Card, PSU,and Mobo

Id like to be good for High/Ultra on current AAA and upcoming titles for a few years. Ill be building over the next few months so I can space out some of the more expensive parts

8 years ago '10        #1275
akareem27 
Props total: 167 167  Slaps total: 12 12
If you got the money a 980/980ti will murder almost everything out right but its over $500 for a 980ti. A 970 is cool for now if your tight tho, cant go wrong and youll be gaming at high maybe med with 60fps+.

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+4116
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+3313
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
287 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+526
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman and slim pull up to a drake j cole concert
22 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop