online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Official PC Builders Help Thread (Please Read OP)

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

9 years ago '06        #251
tye tah 
Props total: 0 0  Slaps total: 0 0
 Supaman 1987 said 🔗
A few builds for you. Overclockable GPU / CPU support ready/SLI (two video cards if needed). Strong enough card to last you for YEARS.

My under ~2k Build ↪🔗

----------

NO SLI, but overclockable GPU / CPU support ready.

My under ~1k Build ↪🔗

I could go lower if you want me to, but thats definitely...... Enough. Even the under 1k build can MAX settings/60fps/1080p the fu*k outta games.

----

I don't suggest custom PCs unless they from ibuypower.com or cyberpowerpc.com. The other custom PC sites like Digital Storm, Alienware, etc is IF YOU'RE BALLING OUT THE GYM.

I know that was cheesey but follow me here
emoji

So yeah, if you need something else more personal just tell me (lower cost, want a controller, etc). Most things is there though.

Man these are great builds and thanks to everyone for the help, On question I was looking at motherboards and what not. but what is a good one if I wanted 2 graphics cards or is 2 cards to much

9 years ago '06        #252
tye tah 
 tye tah said 🔗
Man these are great builds and thanks to everyone for the help, On question I was looking at motherboards and what not. but what is a good one if I wanted 2 graphics cards or is 2 cards to much
One More thing I like the second build you put in their a whole lot and with a custom PC from one of the websites you suggest can I upgrade those on my own after the fact?

9 years ago '14        #253
Supaman 1987  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
Props total: 13327 13 K  Slaps total: 3906 3 K
 tye tah said 🔗
One More thing I like the second build you put in their a whole lot and with a custom PC from one of the websites you suggest can I upgrade those on my own after the fact?
Yeah you can, ibuypower / cyberpowerpc, as long as you buy a Mid Tower or a Full Tower (size of cases)

there's small little console looking cases, made for people who like small frames, don't do them if you want to upgrade after the fact.

9 years ago '14        #254
 Kewop Decam said 🔗
I have a i7-5960x x99 build and it was over 3k, but I do 3d rendering so I need it.

If he just wants to play pc games there are beast builds that cost less. sh*t, should probably make a build with an r9 x2 instead of a 980. Also make that ssd 120gb. He won't need his os drive to be that big.

But to play games at good settings, eh, 1200 but if he doesn't give a sh*t about money then whatever.
You're right, I will use this to make him the best build for under 2000.
emoji

9 years ago '14        #255
 tye tah said 🔗
↪🔗 - This is the ~$1000 build except with a SLI compatbile motherboard. Changed it for you
emoji

SLI is how you can put two of the same "Nvidia" graphic cards together, like for example, there's a Nvidia GTX 970 in the build, you get another Nvidia GTX 970 and you put it in there and it'll be SLI now. To make it simple.

If you want a motherboard that can do 2 cards, then you need "SLI Support" for Nvidia. And "Crossfire Support" for AMD. Nvidia and AMD are the two top brands of GPUs, they're in war for the GPU market.

9 years ago '06        #256
tye tah 
 Supaman 1987 said 🔗
↪🔗 - This is the ~$1000 build except with a SLI compatbile motherboard. Changed it for you
emoji

SLI is how you can put two of the same "Nvidia" graphic cards together, like for example, there's a Nvidia GTX 970 in the build, you get another Nvidia GTX 970 and you put it in there and it'll be SLI now. To make it simple.

If you want a motherboard that can do 2 cards, then you need "SLI Support" for Nvidia. And "Crossfire Support" for AMD. Nvidia and AMD are the two top brands of GPUs, they're in war for the GPU market.
Thanks a lot
emoji
I am now get a better understanding of this I can't wait

9 years ago '13        #257
Phenom354 
Props total: 60033 60 K  Slaps total: 3898 3 K
 tye tah said 🔗
Thanks a lot
emoji
Watch YouTube build and review videos. (Pcper & JayZ2cents) They help a lot and they know what they're doing. Because motherboards and CPUs have PCI lane requirements/limitations etc.. Things don't need to be super complicated for a mid range build, but they can be.

Multiple gpu's have power wattage requirements but also have ram limitations depending on the build. Some multiple gpu's say if you have 2gig of vram per gpu card some builds only allow the amount of ram of the first PCI lane has in this case 2gigs of vram to be used. (I've only just learned of this). Which in this case going with one strong gpu would succeed over two lesser cards.

9 years ago '08        #258
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 54581 54 K  Slaps total: 4325 4 K
 Supaman 1987 said 🔗
You're right, I will use this to make him the best build for under 2000.
emoji
Hey, do you know when the next batch of new vid cards come out? I'm waiting on a price drop on 980s so I can buy my second. I would have went with dual r9 x2s but radeons don't work well in 3D programs because nvidia and Autodesk are colluding.

9 years ago '14        #259
 Kewop Decam said 🔗
Hey, do you know when the next batch of new vid cards come out? I'm waiting on a price drop on 980s so I can buy my second. I would have went with dual r9 x2s but radeons don't work well in 3D programs because nvidia and Autodesk are colluding.
Quarter 1 of 2015, Im guessing March. I doubt they would wait until summertime because AMD is going to release their next video cards (and it'll be way more power efficient to compete with Nvidia), then Nvidia will release theirs right after so they can take the market back...

And the cycle continues

emoji

9 years ago '14        #260
 mastermind_AD said 🔗
Master Race
↪🔗

The finisher is here. No one with a console could ever say sh*t about anything.
emoji

That's the best GPU there is. So much FPS you won't even need to count, just max out the settings and the end.

9 years ago '14        #261
 Phenom354 said 🔗
Watch YouTube build and review videos. (Pcper & JayZ2cents) They help a lot and they know what they're doing. Because motherboards and CPUs have PCI lane requirements/limitations etc.. Things don't need to be super complicated for a mid range build, but they can be.

Multiple gpu's have power wattage requirements but also have ram limitations depending on the build. Some multiple gpu's say if you have 2gig of vram per gpu card some builds only allow the amount of ram of the first PCI lane has in this case 2gigs of vram to be used. (I've only just learned of this). Which in this case going with one strong gpu would succeed over two lesser cards.
 tye tah said 🔗
Thanks a lot
emoji
The biggest thing I suggest if building your own PC is PCPartPicker.com, they'll do all the "does this goes with this?" for you. They'll make sure everything is compatible.

or If you @🔗_tah give me a budget and tell me whether you want to build or want a custom PC, I'll make you one that you could upgrade later, I'm guessing your budget is gonna be big so It'll be no problem.

9 years ago '06        #262
TreZ 
Props total: 16135 16 K  Slaps total: 4216 4 K
pretty amazed by the gtx 980

emoji

9 years ago '14        #263
 TreZ said 🔗

emoji
Got a R9 280x (GTX 770 equivalent)

I wish I had a GTX 980,

God Damn

emoji

What games u play?

9 years ago '04        #264
CrAkKedOuT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27071 27 K  Slaps total: 4618 4 K
 TreZ said 🔗

emoji
As you should be.

9 years ago '14        #265
El Caballero  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 61857 61 K  Slaps total: 4694 4 K
homies came over and wanted to play 2k and super smash brothers

I told them all I had was this box with a keyboard and mouse
emoji

9 years ago '04        #266
#RAPTORSWON  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11766 11 K  Slaps total: 4475 4 K
GTA5 got me hyped as fu*k right now, I can't believe its this close finally after all this time...
emoji

9 years ago '14        #267
 El Caballero said 🔗

emoji
2k is on PC and Smash brothers can be emulated, just buy some controllers like you would if you had a console and done.
emoji
Maybe hook ya PC to a TV and sit on a couch to get that feeling back,

u know
emoji

9 years ago '14        #268
 RaptorsWon said 🔗
GTA5 got me hyped as fu*k right now, I can't believe its this close finally after all this time...
emoji
Them mods will be more than next level. Believe me, console verison of GTA V will be fu*ked up multiplayer and mostly dead on single player once you end it, but PC is gonna be next level, especially on the single player experience.

Oh Gawd

emoji

9 years ago '14        #269
 Supaman 1987 said 🔗
Them mods will be more than next level. Believe me, console verison of GTA V will be fu*ked up multiplayer and mostly dead on single player once you end it, but PC is gonna be next level, especially on the single player experience.

Oh Gawd

emoji
What do you mean console version will be fu*ked up multiplayer? It's pretty fun.

PC will be wayy crazier though due to all the mods, can't even imagine what they gon do to the game
emoji

9 years ago '14        #270
 El Caballero said 🔗
What do you mean console version will be fu*ked up multiplayer? It's pretty fun.

PC will be wayy crazier though due to all the mods, can't even imagine what they gon do to the game
emoji
Nah there will be offiical servers with no mods and hacker protection (and then unofficial servers with mods all over the place) and I mean console version is fu*ked up multiplayer cause the economy, sh*t is done. It might go over to the PC version but I really hope not, if you have a tank, at least I Be like "Damn he EARNED that sh*t!", on my PS4, I see somebody with a tank and Im like, fu*k that sh*t, he aint earn that
emoji

9 years ago '14        #271
 Supaman 1987 said 🔗
Nah there will be offiical servers with no mods and hacker protection (and then unofficial servers with mods all over the place) and I mean console version is fu*ked up multiplayer cause the economy, sh*t is done. It might go over to the PC version but I really hope not, if you have a tank, at least I Be like "Damn he EARNED that sh*t!", on my PS4, I see somebody with a tank and Im like, fu*k that sh*t, he aint earn that
emoji
Wait that's not what I meant lol.
I know there are official servers with no mods

I was just saying the mods will make it way more fun with all the possibilities you can do by messing around.

But why can't people fu*k with the economy on PC too?
emoji

I would think it's probably easier on PC to figure out workarounds

9 years ago '05        #272
Y.G. 
Props total: 34856 34 K  Slaps total: 5857 5 K
 El Caballero said 🔗

emoji
:dead4:

9 years ago '14        #273
 El Caballero said 🔗
Wait that's not what I meant lol.
I know there are official servers with no mods

I was just saying the mods will make it way more fun with all the possibilities you can do by messing around.

But why can't people fu*k with the economy on PC too?
emoji

I would think it's probably easier on PC to figure out workarounds
In my head, one: The PC version is gonna have extra DRM on it, not sure if that means anything, I heard the DRM they chose was uncracked (Could never illegally play it without a CD-Key) but now they cracked it recently so I don't know if that means anything. But Rockstar always been weak in terms of keeping out modders, even on their console games, I remember the big a$s UFO in GTA 5 Last gen versions ONLINE
emoji
or the Midnight Club LA Wheel motorcycle mod ONLINE
emoji

so overrall Rockstar may be weak as fu*k overall in handling with modders/hackers, but I got hope in the PC community that of course those unofficial lobbies will be unstable but fun but my main point is that its extra security on the PC version so hopefully things will be more stable, all im saying, where if something happen, everything will go back to normal.

One more point of something different is, alot of people get money by glitches and that has nothing to do with security or platform. They delayed the version of GTA V PC for extra time, now look at it, its ported perfectly by the recommended specs so hopefully all the money glitches, etc is checked out and erased from, not just the upcoming PC version but the next gen and last gen versions too. (So the online economy wont be fu*ked up)

9 years ago '14        #274
 Supaman 1987 said 🔗
In my head, one: The PC version is gonna have extra DRM on it, not sure if that means anything, I heard the DRM they chose was uncracked (Could never illegally play it without a CD-Key) but now they cracked it recently so I don't know if that means anything. But Rockstar always been weak in terms of keeping out modders, even on their console games, I remember the big a$s UFO in GTA 5 Last gen versions ONLINE
emoji
or the Midnight Club LA Wheel motorcycle mod ONLINE
emoji

so overrall Rockstar may be weak as fu*k overall in handling with modders/hackers, but I got hope in the PC community that of course those unofficial lobbies will be unstable but fun but my main point is that its extra security on the PC version so hopefully things will be more stable, all im saying, where if something happen, everything will go back to normal.

One more point of something different is, alot of people get money by glitches and that has nothing to do with security or platform. They delayed the version of GTA V PC for extra time, now look at it, its ported perfectly by the recommended specs so hopefully all the money glitches, etc is checked out and erased from, not just the upcoming PC version but the next gen and last gen versions too. (So the online economy wont be fu*ked up)
Yeah hopefully but like you said R* isn't so great at defending against that kind of stuff.
imo it doesn't completely break the game though I don't think. You can still have a good time for the most part..but it can get bad I guess..

9 years ago '04        #275
CrAkKedOuT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27071 27 K  Slaps total: 4618 4 K
Right now, I wouldn't be getting too hyped for GTA. Seems like a delay is coming.

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props-275
Image(s) inside The difference between a 30 year old in the 80s vs 2024
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
99 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside What happened to 1994 atl cold case murdered pulled over in traffic
9 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+824
Image(s) inside Damn she living like that
125 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish