How long it take to get a PS4 back if sent in for repair?

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 week ago '09        #1
249 page views
19 comments

ImAMonster  461 heat pts461
space
space
$39,927   Props total: 16822 16822
How long it take to get a PS4 back if sent in for repair?

Lightning hit one my Pro's a few months back and I'm sending it in to get repaired. I won't be using the warranty sh*t since I can't get my receipt so paying to get it fixed. Don't know if that matters on the time. I've heard it can 3-4 months but I also heard a week and a half. I don't know what's what. If y'all dealt with sending one back and having it returned, what was the time on it? Thanks.
+1   

best
worst
19 comments

1 week ago '14        #2
RR1986 
space
space
$42   Props total: 159 159
better of selling that bih on craigslist/offer up AS-IS and with whatever money you get from that purchase you a brand new one plair
+5   

1 week ago '17        #3
Pretty Tone  7 heat pts7
space
space
$9,182   Props total: 26880 26880
what ps4?

+2   

1 week ago '18        #4
Oswaldgatesjr  32 heat pts32
space
space
space
$8,435   Props total: 20122 20122
u dumb for buying a ps4..God did his work for u.

1 week ago '05        #5
jaedot  27 heat pts27
space
space
$5,850   Props total: 10939 10939
Lightning?
+2   

1 week ago '14        #6
Bill Wallace  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
$6,528   Props total: 15578 15578
This reminds me when my xbox 360 had the red x of death...sent that sh*t away and didnt get it back for awhile

1 week ago '19        #7
Thisizdray  1 heat pts1
space
space
space
$136   Props total: 650 650
About 1month. Mine was under warranty
+2   

1 week ago '14        #8
El Caballero  82 heat pts82
space
space
$30,665   Props total: 37495 37495
 ImAMonster said
Lightning hit one my Pro's a few months back and I'm sending it in to get repaired. I won't be using the warranty sh*t since I can't get my receipt so paying to get it fixed. Don't know if that matters on the time. I've heard it can 3-4 months but I also heard a week and a half. I don't know what's what. If y'all dealt with sending one back and having it returned, what was the time on it? Thanks.
I've done it once. Didn't take long at all. The whole process took maybe 10 days from them sending me the shipping box to me getting it back.

My warranty was expired. Cost me $100 I think.
+1   

1 week ago '09        #9
ImAMonster  461 heat pts461 OP
space
space
 El Caballero said
I've done it once. Didn't take long at all. The whole process took maybe 10 days from them sending me the shipping box to me getting it back.

My warranty was expired. Cost me $100 I think.
Ok sweet. I appreciate that bro. Gamestop's selling them for 250 for the Pro here. I prolly just end up buying one of those instead of sending it in. Just sell it for like 75 or something and put that towards the new one
+1   

1 week ago '16        #10
Aztlan  143 heat pts143
space
space
$16,066   Props total: 44745 44745
Find a local repairman and see what they charge.

1 week ago '09        #11
space
space
 Aztlan said
Find a local repairman and see what they charge.
Already looked, nobody around here fixes what I need fixed. All 3 USB ports are fried as well as the ethernet port. The Hard Drive died in it too which I have one to replace it but being the USB port is dead, I can't plug the controller in to download the necessary files in safe mode.

It's pretty much just a brick at this point. Completely unplayable. It still worked fine when it worked and if the hard drive wasn't fried I could get it to work. I just can't get it out of safe mode since I can't use the controller via USB.
+1   

1 week ago '13        #12
PaperBoy  75 heat pts75
space
space
$7,316   Props total: 11213 11213
just take that sh*t to a tech repair shop.

Or flip it as is to some nerd and cop another from a pawn shop

1 week ago '16        #13
Aztlan  143 heat pts143
space
space
$16,066   Props total: 44745 44745
 ImAMonster said
Already looked, nobody around here fixes what I need fixed. All 3 USB ports are fried as well as the ethernet port. The Hard Drive died in it too which I have one to replace it but being the USB port is dead, I can't plug the controller in to download the necessary files in safe mode.

It's pretty much just a brick at this point. Completely unplayable. It still worked fine when it worked and if the hard drive wasn't fried I could get it to work. I just can't get it out of safe mode since I can't use the controller via USB.
Yeah that sounds like a job for Sony

1 week ago '08        #14
J_Clarity13  114 heat pts114
space
space
$7,440   Props total: 6830 6830
 ImAMonster said

Fried? How the fu*k did that happen? That's crazy. Yeah you're better off buying a new one.

1 week ago '09        #15
space
space
 J_Clarity13 said
Fried? How the fu*k did that happen? That's crazy. Yeah you're better off buying a new one.
Was storming. Had both of my Playstation's turned off but still plugged into outlets. Wasn't storming bad but lightning hit about 30-40 feet away from my house. I figured it wouldn't have affected anything since they were turned on. Both turned on and ran fine, sans USB/Ethernet ports not working. Then the hard drive failed in one of them and it's been a brick ever since. Can't confirm to rebuild database so...paperweight.

But yeah. My other one is still working even though the USB Ports and Ethernet are fried in it as well.
+1   

1 week ago '06        #16
SharpenUrSword  10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,690   Props total: 8363 8363
 ImAMonster said
Was storming. Had both of my Playstation's turned off but still plugged into outlets. Wasn't storming bad but lightning hit about 30-40 feet away from my house. I figured it wouldn't have affected anything since they were turned on. Both turned on and ran fine, sans USB/Ethernet ports not working. Then the hard drive failed in one of them and it's been a brick ever since. Can't confirm to rebuild database so...paperweight.

But yeah. My other one is still working even though the USB Ports and Ethernet are fried in it as well.
dude thats nuts!!!!.hopefully you get it taken care of in a timely manner
+2   

1 week ago '09        #17
space
space
 SharpenUrSword said
dude thats nuts!!!!.hopefully you get it taken care of in a timely manner
Appreciate that bro. Definitely was a freak thing. Lightning also fried the PSU in my work PC and the ethernet port in the PC I have in the living room. Lightning ain't no joke. I'm definitely advocating for surge protectors now.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #18
Mystic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
space
$16,841   Props total: 42190 42190
 ImAMonster said

Maybe

in comments
Thank you so much for this tutorial. There was a nasty lightning storm by me that blew out my ps4. I learned the hard way to never have my electronics not connected to some type of surge protector. I feel like a moron for not expecting this especially since I live in Florida. Your price on a new power supply is really fair so ill buying one right away. Thanks again!

Last edited by Mystic; 10-14-2019 at 07:31 PM..

1 week ago '09        #19
space
space
 Mystic said
Maybe

in comments
Thank you so much for this tutorial. There was a nasty lightning storm by me that blew out my ps4. I learned the hard way to never have my electronics not connected to some type of surge protector. I feel like a moron for not expecting this especially since I live in Florida. Your price on a new power supply is really fair so ill buying one right away. Thanks again!

Don't think it's a problem with the PSU though. It powers on still perfectly fine. It was running completely fine outside of the USB ports not working, still would be had the hard drive not failed (Which was failing before the storm even hit).

I'll look into it.

1 week ago '10        #20
acegutta22  215 heat pts215
space
space
$9,837   Props total: 8495 8495
 Thisizdray said
About 1month. Mine was under warranty
this when I had to do mine they sent me back a defective one and it took 2 months

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+534online now  19
Image(s) inside How I make 4K+ a month 100% LEGALLY doing barely anything(if i'm lying..
266 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-84online now  17
ANONYMOUS DOCTOR EXPLAINS the UNFIXABLE scary TRUTH about ZION WILLIAMSON ..
138 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+66online now  17
Someone in my sports group about to hit a ticket
280 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  7
The first real photo of a PlayStation 5 dev kit appears