Are Detroit Rappers Quietly Taking Over This Rap sh-t?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

New replies show every 20 seconds
 4 days ago '04        #76
pocketchange  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 24301 24 K  Slaps total: 6992 6 K
 strongthetruth said
I’m telling you what I know for fact. Boston Richey is the least popular of those I mentioned in FL. He’s literally doing free shows for promo. He just did one in my area like 2 or 3 weeks ago. I will admit I forgot Nardo is from Jacksonville and he’s light years ahead of those other guys because he actually has a hit record. Them other guys are just tax write-offs. Jimbo World is also another one that I forgot that is constantly doing free shows in my area. I never even heard of Wood boy. Those views mean absolutely nothing when you’re not making noise in the streets and you’re a street rapper. I’ve honestly never heard a song from them FL guys outside of Nardo and I’m in FL.
Where you at in florida cause I know for a fact Boston richey is known in the streets… I’m very familiar with the people in that camp and my brother know Boston personally and I met bfish personally not on no fan stuff just him as a normal personal before the deal…

Boston richey signed to future so he gonna be big… you don’t think he can get that Drake and Kanye feature if he wanted? Check the post I’m probably first person to post bro on here. I’ve met koly and worked with him… koly riding that coattail hanging in Tallahassee trying to be down cause he know bro taking off… same thing with hotboii… he around cause he know who next

4 days ago '07        #77
strongthetruth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 44424 44 K  Slaps total: 10001 10 K
 pocketchange said
Where you at in florida cause I know for a fact Boston richey is known in the streetsÖ Iím very familiar with the people in that camp and my brother know Boston personally and I met bfish personally not on no fan stuff just him as a normal personal before the dealÖ

Boston richey signed to future so he gonna be bigÖ you donít think he can get that Drake and Kanye feature if he wanted? Check the post Iím probably first person to post bro on here. Iíve met koly and worked with himÖ koly riding that coattail hanging in Tallahassee trying to be down cause he know bro taking offÖ same thing with hotboiiÖ he around cause he know who next
Iím in Tampa Bay. Boston Richey is literally known for getting his chained snatched in Miami more than music. Tallahassee is not jumpiní like that streetwise. Iíve been all over FL. And Future has NEVER made any artist big and heís signed like 10 n*ggas over the years. Theyíre all tax write offs.

4 days ago '22        #78
Tizick 
Props total: 49 49  Slaps total: 26 26
 pocketchange said
Nah Detroit isnít gonna take over the rap game and hereís why. SeeÖ my homie put me on to peezy and payroll back in 2018 when I felt like no one was listening to Detroit music outside of Detroit.

Now four years later people are saying they are taking over, Detroit used to be a powerhouse back in the days, but nowadays they are taking what they can get.

Florida has been low key running the rap game since Kodak got out. Florida will always run the rap game because outside of Detroit, Atlanta etcÖ most of these other states donít have 5, 6, 7 cities that actually got something going onÖ.

Detroit is popping but all of that energy will soon be transferred to somewhere in floridaÖ Orlando or Jacksonville alone can compete with DetroitÖ and they ainít need no one to carry them to finish lineÖ and Jacksonville artist rapped on a lot of those Detroit beats
Nope....Florida n*ggas are not that popping outside of Yak. Sorry. Yall steady be trying to push and promote FL but nah. No one gives two sh*ts about that fake Chiraq wave in Jax. Or Orlando. Miami needs a guy tbh.

Sorry but Michigan is the reason why everyone who not Kodak in FL is relevant, they all using Detroit beats. Prime example, Boston Richey.

4 days ago '04        #79
 strongthetruth said
Iím in Tampa Bay. Boston Richey is literally known for getting his chained snatched in Miami more than music. Tallahassee is not jumpiní like that streetwise. Iíve been all over FL. And Future has NEVER made any artist big and heís signed like 10 n*ggas over the years. Theyíre all tax write offs.
Boston richey was doing all them shows in Tampa independent they was just flexing in them lil clubs thatís how they got buzzing. But watch when he come to Tampa on July 1st the vibes will be different. Iím out west right now but Tampa/Tallahassee are like my hometownÖ and Boston richey ainít get his chain snatched and they ainít get it off him, they got two of them chains and the whole crew be tossing it around.

I mean I donít know what you mean when you say tally ainít jumping streets wise, when I know for a fact them boys ainít making money like them Tallahassee dudes, everybody in the crew sitting on like a quarter mill at least. It ainít easy to make it out of Tallahassee and ainít nobody made it out of Tampa but Khia, Tampa way bigger than Tallahassee. I just met the dude yung dred when he was out here and he from Tampa and I was telling him he need to mess with Boston richey and them. I donít know where them dudes got they bread from cause they keeping it to themselves and the circleÖ but them boys pulling out a foreign in tally thatís damn near unheard ofÖ

Future donít sign artists unless they got their own bagÖ thatís why future ainít been making no rapper pop off. Boston richy gonna pop off cause I know what my brother holdin so I know them boys holdin a lot more. So yeah they got they own bag and thatís why future fu*k with themÖ

4 days ago '21        #80
Manolo456 
Props total: 420 420  Slaps total: 25 25
 S-Class said
Nope

I canít wait till this little trend is over. A lot of that sound is a bunch of noise. Thatís why the game so dry right now cause everybody rappin over these sh*tty knock off Detroit beats. Vezzo literally raps on the same beat over and over. I fu*k with some of the Detroit cats like Rio and Mike sometimes but other n*ggas need to leave that sound alone.

I hate these fu*kin beats

Yeah generally the Detroit sound got played out these past couple of years Payroll the only who can really rap for real. FMB DZ & Peezy started off hot but couldnít maintain the consistency of there tapes from 2016-2017 Payrolls still dropping heat.
+1   

4 days ago '18        #81
Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x154
Props total: 184275 184 K  Slaps total: 7092 7 K
 Veno da Don said

After Rio, Louie the best outta Flint. He be smoking Jay on every song but Jay just so animated it stands out.

Taking everything into consideration this is the essence of hip hop. Just some real hood n*ggas making it out the hood off of music. I gotta respect it.

4 days ago '21        #82
Manolo456 
Props total: 420 420  Slaps total: 25 25
 SecondComing101 said
Boldy is pretty cold with the flows. He went stoopid on this joint below

Boldys different from the rest of these newer Detroit rappers his lanes more in line with the movement Roc Marci started heís probably my favorite rapper currently besides Marci.
+1   

4 days ago '18        #83
Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x154
Props total: 184275 184 K  Slaps total: 7092 7 K

4 days ago '07        #84
 pocketchange said
Boston richey was doing all them shows in Tampa independent they was just flexing in them lil clubs that’s how they got buzzing. But watch when he come to Tampa on July 1st the vibes will be different. I’m out west right now but Tampa/Tallahassee are like my hometown… and Boston richey ain’t get his chain snatched and they ain’t get it off him, they got two of them chains and the whole crew be tossing it around.

I mean I don’t know what you mean when you say tally ain’t jumping streets wise, when I know for a fact them boys ain’t making money like them Tallahassee dudes, everybody in the crew sitting on like a quarter mill at least. It ain’t easy to make it out of Tallahassee and ain’t nobody made it out of Tampa but Khia, Tampa way bigger than Tallahassee. I just met the dude yung dred when he was out here and he from Tampa and I was telling him he need to mess with Boston richey and them. I don’t know where them dudes got they bread from cause they keeping it to themselves and the circle… but them boys pulling out a foreign in tally that’s damn near unheard of…

Future don’t sign artists unless they got their own bag… that’s why future ain’t been making no rapper pop off. Boston richy gonna pop off cause I know what my brother holdin so I know them boys holdin a lot more. So yeah they got they own bag and that’s why future fu*k with them…
He was just here 2 or 3 weeks ago and did a free pop up show at a spot called Turbo over in St. Pete so ain’t much changing by next week. And when I say Tally ain’t poppin I mean it really ain’t street like that. Same with out here in Tampa Bay. I came here from Atlanta and this sh*t really soft. Outside of Broward/Dade/Duval Florida as a whole not jumping like that. And a foreign really ain’t sh*t Tally just country af that’s why it’s something there lol. Everybody got foreigns in the A. Also having money doesn’t make you street nor hood. I moved out here to Tampa Bay to retire from the streets and enjoy my wife and kids and it’s the perfect place for it. It’s safe af. Tally is even more safe. FL is a very beautiful and safe place in general. Them white folks got the whole state on lock so that street sh*t is very minimal. And one last thing Scooter been with Future since day one and he’s not even big so there’s no hope for them new n*ggas. I already know what’s up with them boys.
+1   

4 days ago '04        #85
 strongthetruth said
He was just here 2 or 3 weeks ago and did a free pop up show at a spot called Turbo over in St. Pete so ain’t much changing by next week. And when I say Tally ain’t poppin I mean it really ain’t street like that. Same with out here in Tampa Bay. I came here from Atlanta and this sh*t really soft. Outside of Broward/Dade/Duval Florida as a whole not jumping like that. And a foreign really ain’t sh*t Tally just country af that’s why it’s something there lol. Everybody got foreigns in the A. Also having money doesn’t make you street nor hood. I moved out here to Tampa Bay to retire from the streets and enjoy my wife and kids and it’s the perfect place for it. It’s safe af. Tally is even more safe. FL is a very beautiful and safe place in general. Them white folks got the whole state on lock so that street sh*t is very minimal. And one last thing Scooter been with Future since day one and he’s not even big so there’s no hope for them new n*ggas. I already know what’s up with them boys.
I’ve lived on the outskirts of the A before, Tally is a black city. And don’t quote me on this but I think scooter may have been the one to co-sign Boston richey first… or bobby fishscale told scooter about boston richey and he took it to future… I’m not sure exactly how it went… scooter ain’t worried about rapping no more… and north and west Tampa ain’t safe in general… south side of Tallahassee ain’t safe if you from out of town trying to come around…

It’s a bunch of areas around Tampa that’s cool but you don’t wanna be living on the north or west side of Tampa.

But boston richey gonna be all over the radio just watch…

4 days ago '08        #86
SecondComing101  OP
Props total: 208 208  Slaps total: 21 21
For those plugging Real Boston Richey, that kid’s future is hella bright, some of his songs really GO, he’s dope!!

4 days ago '07        #87
 pocketchange said
Iíve lived on the outskirts of the A before, Tally is a black city. And donít quote me on this but I think scooter may have been the one to co-sign Boston richey firstÖ or bobby fishscale told scooter about boston richey and he took it to futureÖ Iím not sure exactly how it wentÖ scooter ainít worried about rapping no moreÖ and north and west Tampa ainít safe in generalÖ south side of Tallahassee ainít safe if you from out of town trying to come aroundÖ

Itís a bunch of areas around Tampa thatís cool but you donít wanna be living on the north or west side of Tampa.

But boston richey gonna be all over the radio just watchÖ
Lmao West Tampa is safe af. Nothing but a bunch of Hispanics. I live in Clearwater so the west side is closest to me and Iím over there all the time. East Tampa out there by Busch Gardens is the closest thing Iíve seen to a hood out here. And Iím not really sure whatís considered the north side here but I think youíre talking about out by University Mall and USF. Itís not rough out there either. Everyone in the whole Tampa Bay area is literally nice af compared to where I come from. The parts people consider hood out here look like paradise to me lol. And Tally is a college city itís literally safe af.

4 days ago '15        #88
billyponcho 
Props total: 1044 1 K  Slaps total: 49 49
Detroit's getting their piece but the answer is Memphis

4 days ago '05        #89
Sivraj 
Props total: 26803 26 K  Slaps total: 3066 3 K
No I don't think they're running it right now but they're def making some noise and on the radar right now.

4 days ago '04        #90
 strongthetruth said
Lmao West Tampa is safe af. Nothing but a bunch of Hispanics. I live in Clearwater so the west side is closest to me and I’m over there all the time. East Tampa out there by Busch Gardens is the closest thing I’ve seen to a hood out here. And I’m not really sure what’s considered the north side here but I think you’re talking about out by University Mall and USF. It’s not rough out there either. Everyone in the whole Tampa Bay area is literally nice af compared to where I come from. The parts people consider hood out here look like paradise to me lol. And Tally is a college city it’s literally safe af.
Bro you just talking now, and you speaking from and outsider perspective. You already said you just came there to retire. You live in Clearwater. I’ve lived in Marietta before and my experience in ATL was nice and everyone seemed good because I was out the way… You are out the way bro… and ain’t nothing wrong with that. You called Tallahassee a college town cause you never lived had a reason to be out there except for that type of vibe or that’s all u know about it, You called Tampa safe because you live out the way… if it was nice and safe you would be living there… if I move back to Tampa you think I want to be living on the north side? Or out in Brandon or town n country or something? If I move back to Tallahassee you think I wanna be staying on the south side? If I move back to atl I wanna be on them out skirts out In Marietta where it’s safe…

4 days ago '07        #91
 pocketchange said
Bro you just talking now, and you speaking from and outsider perspective. You already said you just came there to retire. You live in Clearwater. Iíve lived in Marietta before and my experience in ATL was nice and everyone seemed good because I was out the wayÖ You are out the way broÖ and ainít nothing wrong with that. You called Tallahassee a college town cause you never lived had a reason to be out there except for that type of vibe or thatís all u know about it, You called Tampa safe because you live out the wayÖ if it was nice and safe you would be living thereÖ if I move back to Tampa you think I want to be living on the north side? Or out in Brandon or town n country or something? If I move back to Tallahassee you think I wanna be staying on the south side? If I move back to atl I wanna be on them out skirts out In Marietta where itís safeÖ
All you have to do is look up the crime rate. Tampa Bay is statistically a very safe place itís not just my opinion. The state of FL as a whole is tough on crime and deters a lot of it. Meanwhile GA is lenient af. I just live in Clearwater but when Iím out and about Iím in Tampa and mostly central St. Pete which is suppose to be the most hood area in the whole Tampa Bay. Iím out the hood but you canít take the hood out of me. The scene is mostly mixed and white everywhere around so over the past two years since Iíve been here Iíve seeked out the areas most familiar to where Iím from. Even Cobb county is rougher than out here. This sh*t is literally paradise anywhere I go. Iím from the ghetto fr. And the only reason I donít live in Tampa is because I always wanted to live by the beach and Clearwater beach is one of the nicest Iíve ever seen. Also Town ní Country is a nice area and right in the west Tampa area lol. Especially over there by the mall. I get my haircut off Memorial Highway and the barbershop is fancy af. It look a little less nice going up west Hillsborough towards Dale Mabry but the stadium is right over there and itís very safe around that area as well.

18 hrs ago '04        #92
 strongthetruth said
All you have to do is look up the crime rate. Tampa Bay is statistically a very safe place it’s not just my opinion. The state of FL as a whole is tough on crime and deters a lot of it. Meanwhile GA is lenient af. I just live in Clearwater but when I’m out and about I’m in Tampa and mostly central St. Pete which is suppose to be the most hood area in the whole Tampa Bay. I’m out the hood but you can’t take the hood out of me. The scene is mostly mixed and white everywhere around so over the past two years since I’ve been here I’ve seeked out the areas most familiar to where I’m from. Even Cobb county is rougher than out here. This sh*t is literally paradise anywhere I go. I’m from the ghetto fr. And the only reason I don’t live in Tampa is because I always wanted to live by the beach and Clearwater beach is one of the nicest I’ve ever seen. Also Town n’ Country is a nice area and right in the west Tampa area lol. Especially over there by the mall. I get my haircut off Memorial Highway and the barbershop is fancy af. It look a little less nice going up west Hillsborough towards Dale Mabry but the stadium is right over there and it’s very safe around that area as well.
Back to the subject…. Yeah maybe the neighborhood where you from in atl might be tougher than south side of tally and north side of Tampa, but… you say Boston richey ain’t popping off and gonna be big in the game?

This might sound crazy but Tallahassee might be one of the top cities next year…. You can call it a college town or whatever you want but that just timing catching up with the game…. College kids do drugs…. They go to the club…. They ride the trends…. So the pot just mixing well together… rappers sell drugs they perform in clubs that set the trends….

Last edited by pocketchange; Yesterday at 09:41 AM..

New replies show every 20 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+85online now  16
Got a Tesla to match my Tesla
72 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  13
AEWxNJPW Forbidden Door 6/26/22
931 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+41online now  6
OT USA sprinter, Noah Lyles, clowns heavily favored, Erri..
77 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+22online now  4
Youtube channel recommendations?
92 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy