Justin Roiland OUT @ Adult Swim; Rick and Morty WILL Continue

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+60  114
102 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

New replies show every 20 seconds
 5 days ago '07        #101
Deniro732  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 23040 23 K  Slaps total: 4499 4 K
I just hope the quality of the show doesn't take a hit

5 days ago '16        #102
smokeytheblunt2 
Props total: 71708 71 K  Slaps total: 4560 4 K
 HiRolliN said
most likely will since there owned by disney now, disney most likely already made the call to hulu to have them announce it first thing in the morning.
they just did………

while i can see Rick and Morty possibly surviving i don’t think the hulu shows have a chance…..

which sucks cuz i’m a fan of Solar Opposites……..
+1   

5 days ago '18        #103
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 91665 91 K  Slaps total: 5541 5 K
 Mperfection said
Was his estate compensated for this? I mean I know the tech is there, but how are people cool with a major corporation stealing someone's voice and then using it conduct business without benefiting said person?
Idek bro. At the time it was on some we own the footage and can do what we want with it type sh*t. Same thing that happened with Chappelle's show

5 days ago '16        #104
BMC1000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 69319 69 K  Slaps total: 12024 12 K
 Marccoogs19 said
Imagine Family Guy without Seth MacFarlane, South Park without Matt & Trey, or the Simpsons being played by someone else. This sh*t will be a disaster. Might as well end the show. It had one hell of a run.
he'll be back when the sh*t blow over

might do some ghosting

5 days ago '20        #105
KG Da Gawd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 16582 16 K  Slaps total: 4107 4 K
This sh*t is over. It was a good run. This is what happens when people think we want entertainment to be moral. We don't. We simply want to be entertained. I'll find a pastor if I want morals.
+2   

5 days ago '20        #106
Chozen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 53301 53 K  Slaps total: 8332 8 K
 BrooklynDamien said
That's what they did to Isaac Hayes' chef

fu*k it.
Isaac sat and got in on the jokes on every other subject race and religion but once they went at Scientology he turned bi*ch and tried to sh*t on them.

5 days ago '08        #107
stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 18505 18 K  Slaps total: 2698 2 K
 Rico23 said
Fam....

Unless Dan Harmon knows the ppl who cloned Damar Hamlin this sh*t is a wrap
Spencer Grammer can get it.

5 days ago '14        #108
B Murda 
Props total: 5280 5 K  Slaps total: 681 681
 Mperfection said
Um that's like asking how is clearing a sample different than using a different person to replicate a singers voice. There is a clear distinction between the two to me. You can't sample dude voice and repurpose it for free... or so I would a*sume. Would you be cool with your job firing you and then repurposing samples of your voice to continue making money?

That's like saying someone could sample Beyonce, use AI to transpose her voice, and then put out an album and it would all be fine.

If they hire a new voice actor, I imagine that voice actor will be paid and credited for their work.

This whole thing is a slippery slope. How many hours of recordings do they need to generate an imitation of your voice and cut you the person out? Same can go for images with the proliferation of AI? They could sample cuts of a person in a movie and create an entire film starring said person without crediting or paying them? sh*t sounds dystopian and is disturbing af if you ask me.
They wouldn't be using Roiland's real voice though just the character's voice. I'm not sure about the law for that but that's beside the point anyway.

Whether or not they use AI to generate the voice, they are still using the voice created by Justin. It's just as morally (again, not sure about lawfully) wrong to steal the voice someone's created as it is to use an AI to generate it. The end result is them still using the voice created by Justin. The only moral angle I see is leaving someone without a job (which isn't what you were talking about anyway)

A better comparison is using AI to release a Beyonce album vs someone imitating Beyonce and releasing it as a Beyonce album. I think both are equally fu*ked up but I guess to each their own

5 days ago '12        #109
Legit Jones 
Props total: 20797 20 K  Slaps total: 1035 1 K
 jbn2233 said
who the hell needs Hulu in 2023...

My hulu was free lol otherwise I stream from solar movies as well lol GL
+1   

5 days ago '06        #110
nightmare  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 14185 14 K  Slaps total: 532 532
 Triple0 said
whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Look at the whole johnny depp fiasco that happened. The trial hasn't even started yet, right? Know how many false domestic violence accusations happen daily? Wait till he's found guilty and then burn him at the stake.
the problem is, its not just about the court case, its also public perception which affects stock value and shareholders aint gonna like that. t

he reality is that even though the court says innocent until proven guilty, human nature and the court of public opinion work in the opposite direction
+1   

5 days ago '11        #111
Blue Dream 
Props total: 3160 3 K  Slaps total: 176 176
The DV charge has nothing to do with it really, they knew about that two years ago when they signed him the deal.

What fu*ked him up is a couple weeks ago about a dozen bi*ches popped up with pages on pages of texts from dude when they were minors, pictures of him bringing em to parties at the SquanchGames studios, his ex saying she caught him in bed with two 14 year olds and was gonna be working with the FBI.

He's done.

5 days ago '07        #112
joshdogg26  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29438 29 K  Slaps total: 3486 3 K
it's highly sus to me that he was fired over 3 year old charges that haven't even gone to court yet. it's possible he's guilty of some heinous sh*t and deserves it, but if they don't know something that we don't know, it's just posturing to avoid blowback. innocent until proven guilty.

5 days ago '07        #113
Rico23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 69928 69 K  Slaps total: 7496 7 K
 Blue Dream said
The DV charge has nothing to do with it really, they knew about that two years ago when they signed him the deal.

What fu*ked him up is a couple weeks ago about a dozen bi*ches popped up with pages on pages of texts from dude when they were minors, pictures of him bringing em to parties at the SquanchGames studios, his ex saying she caught him in bed with two 14 year olds and was gonna be working with the FBI.

He's done.

+2   

5 days ago '06        #114
nightmare  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 14185 14 K  Slaps total: 532 532
 Blue Dream said

He's done.
whoa what???

damn i didnt hear about all that

4 days ago '04        #115
cuzjuan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12578 12 K  Slaps total: 5016 5 K
i think he's IRREPLACEABLE....

SHOW AINT GONNA BE THE SAME SMH
he aint even found guilty yet, now accusations can cook ur career?
it's not like rick n morty some politically correct show, makes no damn sense..
and he pleaded not guilty.

New replies show every 20 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-26online now  25
FBG Duck’s mom is NOW on 0nlyfans!
207 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  20
Jan 28 - Americans falling behind on car payments at a record pace
182 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+18online now  12
Image(s) inside New Era Black Dome Collection | Hat Club Exclusive
31 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside Jan 29 - Trump said he would build impenetrable dome over US, warned of..
151 comments
18 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy