online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Noticed this white spot on my 4k Samsung TV. Time to buy a new TV or just live with it?

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

3 months ago '22        #51
Murderers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50
Props total: 122964 122 K  Slaps total: 32001 32 K
 Preacher Mane said 🔗
Can you upload a pic without the waterfall background?
n1gga picked the worst possible background to take this pic with
emoji

3 months ago '05        #52
I_REP_VA  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
Props total: 10454 10 K  Slaps total: 730 730
 SpyDa said 🔗
n1gga posting pics of a white spot on a bright background. Put on a scary movie that's mostly dark and take a pic. I can't even see what he's talking about unless he circles it
 Murderers said 🔗
n1gga picked the worst possible background to take this pic with
emoji
It’s hard to see on camera especially with a dark background. Its very subtle but it’s definitely noticeable in person though.

Looks like a flashlight. Bothers the sh1t out of me.

If you know, you know.

Last edited by I_REP_VA; 02-24-2024 at 07:10 AM..
+1   

3 months ago '20        #53
Bighempin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 24608 24 K  Slaps total: 3401 3 K
 I_REP_VA said 🔗
You end up getting another Samsung?

I am torn. Some people say Sony has the best TVs and Samsung is trash, but others say the complete opposite.
Yeah re upped to the updated version of the TV from Costco got 5yr warranty so that's the only reason really. Plus the picture was the best outta my options.
+1   

3 months ago '04        #54
jumpman2304  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20421 20 K  Slaps total: 2615 2 K
hijacking on this thread but I don’t game I just stream and watch hella movies and sports , I love a nice tv and I I have a basic 55” Samsung now .. looking to upgrade to at least a 65” , what’s a quality tv out there for a good price ?
+1   

3 months ago '05        #55
Y.G. 
Props total: 35636 35 K  Slaps total: 6125 6 K
Most the dudes in this thread with "bad quality" Samsung sets most likely have their TV still the default picture settings or have a cheap Samsung, or both.
emoji

Not surprised though. Most people don't get their TVs calibrated. These are also the same people who think sound bars are a worthy purchase.
emoji

3 months ago '05        #56
 jumpman2304 said 🔗
hijacking on this thread but I don’t game I just stream and watch hella movies and sports , I love a nice tv and I I have a basic 55” Samsung now .. looking to upgrade to at least a 65” , what’s a quality tv out there for a good price ?
No problem.

Let me know if you find a good deal. Eyeing a 65” as well.

Question is: OLED worth the extra money?
+1   

3 months ago '04        #57
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 133148 133 K  Slaps total: 8654 8 K
Well I've had Samsung for years and realized that it depends on the model, I will say Sony are die hards tho they stand the test of time out of four Samsung's I've had two problems and the extended warranty got me thru nice....I like Samsung cause it's easy to stream from my phone cause I have Samsung phones....but I think Sony has the better picture overall
+3   

3 months ago '04        #58
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 133148 133 K  Slaps total: 8654 8 K
 I_REP_VA said 🔗
No problem.

Let me know if you find a good deal. Eyeing a 65” as well.

Question is: OLED worth the extra money?
Honestly check best buy I just copped a nice 85 in for 799 on sale
+2   

3 months ago '18        #59
Txheat 
Props total: 46989 46 K  Slaps total: 3349 3 K
 LowCountrySC said 🔗
Sony always and forever. fu#k Samsung and LG.
I’ve always had good luck with Sony. I bought my parents a Samsung several years back and it needed a board replacement like 6 months in
+2   

3 months ago '14        #60
rashadd 
Props total: 50673 50 K  Slaps total: 4958 4 K
 240sx said 🔗
You can get a 65 “ for $400-$500
Back n the days 50” $2200
That's true but it you're a gamer then I think having that 2.1 hdmi is a must. So you might have to pay a little bit more

+1   

3 months ago '05        #61
240sx 
Props total: 13779 13 K  Slaps total: 2246 2 K
 rashadd said 🔗
That's true but it you're a gamer then I think having that 2.1 hdmi is a must. So you might have to pay a little bit more

Okay $600 then

3 months ago '16        #62
djbmp 
Props total: 9185 9 K  Slaps total: 322 322
 I_REP_VA said 🔗
2 episodes in and I’m liking it.

Good to hear because I been hearing a lot of people disappointed. I think they are making the mistake of comparing it with Season 1.
yeah its not fair comparing that at all bro. season 1 is goated!! but season 4 kept me very interested even tho the last episode was a little meh but I really do not understand the hate its getting to be honest.
+2   

3 months ago '05        #63
LiLJ1787 
Props total: 82 82  Slaps total: 12 12
Samsung is known for bright vivid colors while Sony is known for more natural looking colors. Sony all day for me.
+2   

3 months ago '11        #64
Slingy 
Props total: 14657 14 K  Slaps total: 3801 3 K
I bought a Hisense h9g a few years ago from Best Buy and I never get warranties but something told me to get the geek squad bs. Fast forward a year later and I have vertical dots on my screen where I guess a row of backlight went out, not bad, I have to point it out to people and only noticeable on a blank canvas.

Call geek squad, buddy comes out, I’m straight up with him and tell him I’m just looking to get my money back and get a better TV. He hooks me up and says the panel isn’t repairable and the tv needed to be thrown out. Best Buy reimbursed me and I bought a Sony x90j. I love the Sony 4k120. Hisense is now the bedroom tv. I’ll be buying TVs through Best Buy going forward.
+2   

3 months ago '05        #65
 LiLJ1787 said 🔗
Samsung is known for bright vivid colors while Sony is known for more natural looking colors. Sony all day for me.
Just dropped 2 stacks on the Sony A80CL OLED 65”

So happy right now. The colors look absolutely amazing.

You right about Sony.. man the interface and sound is fire.

That Dolby
emoji
+1   

3 months ago '04        #66
dblock187s 
Props total: 12404 12 K  Slaps total: 1794 1 K
I've been on oled now about 3 years can't go back to anything else
+1   

3 months ago '04        #67
dblock187s 
Props total: 12404 12 K  Slaps total: 1794 1 K
I posted before but rtings.com has great breakdowns on tvs and monitors
+1   

3 months ago '05        #68
 dblock187s said 🔗
I've been on oled now about 3 years can't go back to anything else

OLED is amazing. It’s levels to this sh1t foreal.

I am excited to watch movies and shows again.
+1   

3 months ago '09        #69
Tiko377  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 22348 22 K  Slaps total: 2924 2 K
Sony is the way to go they use better processing but you gotta also compare models that go against each other vs the other brands. I would go with Sony 90 series and higher.

Tizen is slow and meh now compared to Google TV

Samsung tvs do get really bright but I don’t like how they use the backlighting system compared to Sony on the LCD TVs.
+2   

3 months ago '24        #70
KingTonka 
Props total: 1 1  Slaps total: 0 0
This reminds me I need to get a new TV
+1   

3 months ago '18        #71
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 147582 147 K  Slaps total: 8348 8 K
 Black Larry said 🔗
From what I hear it's never worth trying to repair a TV. If you don't like it just buy a new one
Nahhhhh bro. This chick TV just blew out out of nowhere. I looked the model up online and hella ppl had the same problem. It was a little piece. I'm calling around trying to find it and these mfers automatically saying 100 bucks. I'm like, for the piece? They like, we don't sell the piece, 100 to fix it... ended up getting the piece off Amazon. 3 in the pack for 20 bucks. Used one. Asked her super for a soldering iron and did it myself. Took no time once I had the piece. No idea what's wrong with bro sh1t here but I would at least look to see if it could be fixed. I'm just like that though. You might be right, might not be worth the effort to bro

3 months ago '04        #72
octane 
Props total: 23060 23 K  Slaps total: 3531 3 K
$2000 for a fu#king tv? Genius fu#king Christ! What the fu#k?
+1   

3 months ago '05        #73
 octane said 🔗
$2000 for a fu#king tv? Genius fu#king Christ! What the fu#k?
Worth every penny. Trust me.

Before upgrading, I never really watched TV like that except for sports and shows here and there. I'm more of a YouTube and podcast guy.

This OLED TV is so amazing that it revived my interest to watch shows and movies again. I'm excited now everyday to watch it.

OLED is a game changer.

"Truuuuust"
-38 spesh
+1   

3 months ago '05        #74
 Tiko377 said 🔗
Sony is the way to go they use better processing but you gotta also compare models that go against each other vs the other brands. I would go with Sony 90 series and higher.

Tizen is slow and meh now compared to Google TV

Samsung tvs do get really bright but I don’t like how they use the backlighting system compared to Sony on the LCD TVs.
As someone who had a Samsung TV for over a decade, the Sony interface is so much better. Hella smooth.

I understand why Sony is priced at a mark up compared to the other companies. It's been #1 for a reason.

No regrets switching.
+1   

3 months ago '15        #75
Black Larry 
Props total: 28891 28 K  Slaps total: 2352 2 K
 BrooklynDamien said 🔗
Nahhhhh bro. This chick TV just blew out out of nowhere. I looked the model up online and hella ppl had the same problem. It was a little piece. I'm calling around trying to find it and these mfers automatically saying 100 bucks. I'm like, for the piece? They like, we don't sell the piece, 100 to fix it... ended up getting the piece off Amazon. 3 in the pack for 20 bucks. Used one. Asked her super for a soldering iron and did it myself. Took no time once I had the piece. No idea what's wrong with bro sh1t here but I would at least look to see if it could be fixed. I'm just like that though. You might be right, might not be worth the effort to bro
I wouldn't be surprised. Most of these bigger companies practice planned obsolescence. I don't think most people are comfortable soldering.
+1   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+2210
Yeah Aubrey that's the one we trusted Not this new Aubrey with his stomach scu..
42 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+577
Video inside Terrence Howard is either having a schizophrenic break or he's the smar..
283 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+824
This is why they stop letting audience members talk on 106 & Park
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
logo 2024 Eastern Conference Finals: (1) Boston Celtics vs (6) Indiana Pacers
1382 comments