online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

CONFIRMED: Hitting a baseball is the hardest thing to do in sports

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section sports

8 months ago '07        #76
*-InfiniMatic-* 
Props total: 16155 16 K  Slaps total: 3228 3 K
 MosDefinition said 🔗
I'm still going to go with playing hockey

Think about it you have to b learn how to be a world cla$s ice skater and then you have learn how to use a stick to hit a tiny rubber disk
On top of fighting ski1ls like the UFC. They still allow fights in hockey?

8 months ago '15        #77
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 48242 48 K  Slaps total: 14898 14 K
Baseball is the only individual team game!
+1   

8 months ago '17        #78
myPOWER 
Props total: 14802 14 K  Slaps total: 9490 9 K
People trying to talk about what’s hard for you or someone else isn’t the right way to look at it. That’s subjective sh1t.

You have to look at what all the players in the sport is doing and to be even on a team what % of success is.

Shots in hockey or soccer isn’t the same. The % of scoring in soccer isn’t high per shots on goal but that’s just 1 specific thing that MOST players aren’t expected to do.

To even get a shot off is considered successful in those sports.

That’s like saying swinging a bat is considered success in baseball.

Not the same mental toll.

8 months ago '07        #79
*-InfiniMatic-* 
Props total: 16155 16 K  Slaps total: 3228 3 K
 Infamous1 said 🔗
I quit playing right before pitchers could throw curves/sliders/knuckleballs. It was hard enough batting against pitchers that threw heat. Kids were more grown in the early/mid 90's. Some of these dudes had arms at like age 11
Yeah the 90s was big on baseball.
+1   

8 months ago '07        #80
Pos  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26332 26 K  Slaps total: 4496 4 K
anyone can hit a baseball, I used to hit bombs in my younger years

it depends on the pitcher in my opinion, some pitchers are harder to hit than others….. ball location, ball movement, speed, pitch changes

The title should be “hitting MLB pitchers is extremely hard”, takes a ton of batting practice and repetition

8 months ago '17        #81
Certified Gamer 
Props total: 267 267  Slaps total: 44 44
 myPOWER said 🔗
On defense you have help. You’re not expected to guard these guys 1 on 1 all game, or really at all depending on game plan.

No, you have no chance of doing either in real life.
You can get lucky and hit a pitch if it's in the strike zone. I've done it before. I been afraid of a pitcher and just swung my bat. Might have been 10 or 11 but hearing that ball ZING passed me. Never heard that FLUTTER noise like that before. I didn't care about hitting the ball, Im thinking like just get me the away from that ball & strike me out. I got lucky (HANDS HURT LIKE HELL)

You can't get lucky and shut Randy Moss down. Mirror a giant. Corner is way harder. You can't get lucky.

8 months ago '17        #82
myPOWER 
 Pos said 🔗
anyone can hit a baseball, I used to hit bombs in my younger years

it depends on the pitcher in my opinion, some pitchers are harder to hit than others….. ball location, ball movement, speed, pitch changes

The title should be “hitting MLB pitchers is extremely hard”, takes a ton of batting practice and repetition
emoji

You never played sports at a high level. You hit bombs off a tee.

You sounding like Justin fields calling nfl game slow in the pre season.
+1   

8 months ago '21        #83
Optimus Maximus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 17839 17 K  Slaps total: 6661 6 K
 Mr Insecurity said 🔗
....who hit .202 in his single season of minor league baseball (88 hits, 114 strikeouts)

Hitting a baseball is hard.
Unaccomplished do-nothing losers clowned Jordan who hadn't played baseball since he was 17.

Jordan batted over 200 with 30 SB's with basically no experience. That's amazing.

With 50 RBI’s too! After walking off the street and not playing in over 10 years.

Jordan was the only player in the Southern League in 1994 with at least 50 RBI, 30 Steals and 50 walks.

Jordan came back to baseball at the age of 31 years old after not playing at all for 14 years and never above the high school level, and he stayed over the Mendoza Line for a full season of Double-A baseball—a level of the game that no one ordinarily gets to play in unless they’re thought to have the talent to reach the major leagues. Most prospects never get out of Single-A.

Hitting over .200 under those circumstances was a monumental feat. To claim that he failed is preposterous. There are players who get to Double-A every year after having played year-round since they were a child, and they don’t hit .200.

Terry Francona says Michael Jordan could’ve played in the MLB.

↪🔗
+1   

8 months ago '15        #84
Tripsev 
Props total: 13642 13 K  Slaps total: 5873 5 K
Water polo.

8 months ago '06        #85
ItIsWhatItIs 
Props total: 1968 1 K  Slaps total: 206 206
Hitting a baseball and player corner got to be the hardest thing to do in sports but NBA is the hardest league to make it

8 months ago '13        #86
North!!!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 158541 158 K  Slaps total: 13864 13 K
 infrared AJ6 said 🔗
↪🔗
That’s a good point

Not that big of a baseball fan but hitting like 28% or .280

Seems to be a good percentage

Whereas 28% from 3 in basketball is ass

8 months ago '10        #87
ColeWorld  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 24345 24 K  Slaps total: 2194 2 K
 AmillionMo said 🔗
I think the difference is with a baseball, someone is throwing at different speeds and locations at you. If the ball was in a tee, it would be much easier. Baseball is the only sport that a projectile is coming at you at that distance and speed in such a contained area. Then the baseball is white, which makes it harder to hit, instead of highlighter green...Even in tennis, the ball hits the ground before you hit it. If you hit a baseball just 30 percent of the time for a career, you're an all time great. If you bat .400 for just 2 seasons, you're the GOAT! Muufu#kas can't even hit that bi#ch in play 4 out of 10 times!!!!! WTF!
Meant to prop!

8 months ago '17        #88
myPOWER 
 Certified Gamer said 🔗
You can get lucky and hit a pitch if it's in the strike zone. I've done it before. I been afraid of a pitcher and just swung my bat. Might have been 10 or 11 but hearing that ball ZING passed me. Never heard that FLUTTER noise like that before. I didn't care about hitting the ball, Im thinking like just get me the away from that ball & strike me out. I got lucky (HANDS HURT LIKE HELL)

You can't get lucky and shut Randy Moss down. Mirror a giant. Corner is way harder. You can't get lucky.
You can get lucky if offense calls a play that isn’t directed towards randy moss or if defensive player sacks qb before he can throw.

Relatively speaking, if you can’t guard Randy moss you still have a job. And the best DBs in the game are guarding randy moss with more success than not.

Let’s run some quick numbers.

Randy Moss played 218 games in his life. Let’s say there’s about 32 passing plays called per game in his life on average.

That’s 6976 passing plays he has been a part of. From that, he’s caught 982 balls.

That’s 14% of passing plays he’s caught a ball.

So yeah, guarding randy moss as a professional DB you’re succeeding 86% of the time on any given passing play.

You asking what is hard for a random person to do is relative and essentially meaningless.

Talk about what’s the most difficult thing to do AS A PROFESSIONAL PAID PLAYER and you’ll get real answers.

A random DB in high school can win a rep vs prime randy moss.
+1   

8 months ago '19        #89
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x39
Props total: 83867 83 K  Slaps total: 16272 16 K
SB .500 #121 (-3)
 484675 said 🔗
↪🔗
Hitting a MLB pitched baseball is "a" hard thing to do. But, if you practiced at it in a batting cage with a MLB batting coach for over three months, you could end up doing it.

Playing ice hockey at the NHL level is the hardest thing to do. You have to be able to skate and play. Soccer, NBA, NFL, and MLB, you don't need to learn how to run on solid ground.
emoji

8 months ago '20        #90
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 183116 183 K  Slaps total: 15031 15 K

I would have smacked that sh1t

There was a chart that said Boxing was the hardest sport

8 months ago '23        #91
D3STR0 
Props total: 1775 1 K  Slaps total: 274 274
I been telling people this cricket doesn’t even come close

8 months ago '05        #92
Carpe_DM 
Props total: 8213 8 K  Slaps total: 982 982
With that said….. free Barry Bonds then!!!!

8 months ago '16        #93
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 125538 125 K  Slaps total: 19227 19 K
And baseball is still boring af
emoji

8 months ago '17        #94
Its 
Props total: 70038 70 K  Slaps total: 5780 5 K
False.
Not getting THE sh1t beat outta you in a ring or cage is number 1. Don't @ me

8 months ago '17        #95
Tetsuo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25045 25 K  Slaps total: 2026 2 K
 myPOWER said 🔗
This is not even a debate for those who actually understand

.300 avg 100’s of m’s.

.250 avg? You trending towards being jobless.
Hell, the Guardians had Myles Straw batting damn near every day during June/July batting .227 ..... and getting paid! BTW, cats who followed the team wanted him sent down ASAP but Francona kept him around for whatever reason.

Imagine Curry shooting .227 from 3, or period. Dude wouldn't be allowed to say he was a professional basketball player.
+1   

8 months ago '17        #96
lil boosie vert 
Props total: 6394 6 K  Slaps total: 818 818
only thing confirmed is wh0ever runs that account is a bozo lol

its a dumb hypothetical question with no real answer - there's thousands of situations that can be considered but its always apples and oranges

8 months ago '18        #97
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 98832 98 K  Slaps total: 32677 32 K
fu#k baseball nobody watches it

8 months ago '22        #98
Space Ghost 
Props total: 9792 9 K  Slaps total: 1752 1 K
 MosDefinition said 🔗
I'm still going to go with playing hockey

Think about it you have to b learn how to be a world cla$s ice skater and then you have learn how to use a stick to hit a tiny rubber disk
The NHL has an 82-Game Regular Season, as well as a Best Of 7-Format Playoff, just like the NBA

Hockey is the hardest sport, that much danger for that many games, every Season
emoji
+1   

8 months ago '07        #99
Pos  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26332 26 K  Slaps total: 4496 4 K
 myPOWER said 🔗
emoji

You never played sports at a high level. You hit bombs off a tee.
exactly my point.

I used to hit bombs in little league, grade school, high school, and that was the highest level I played……like I said the title should be “Hitting an MLB pitcher is the hardest thing to do”

hitting a baseball just takes practice and repetition…..it’s still easier learning to hit a baseball than guarding Jordan or Randy Moss, if you’re not fast enough or a world cla$s athlete u have Zero chance

8 months ago '17        #100
myPOWER 
 Pos said 🔗
exactly my point.

I used to hit bombs in little league, grade school, high school, and that was the highest level I played……like I said the title should be “Hitting an MLB pitcher is the hardest thing to do”

hitting a baseball just takes practice and repetition…..it’s still easier learning to hit a baseball than guarding Jordan or Randy Moss, if you’re not fast enough or a world cla$s athlete u have Zero chance
How can you compare hitting a random baseball vs guarding a professional athlete?

How about I go guard a 5 year old running a route and say playing DB is easy?

You talking about what’s difficult for a random person to do just 1 time.

Ok buddy, then we will just talk about hitting a hole in 1 from 300 yards out.

These are all situations with damn near 0% probability.

Math is a huge part of critical thinking.

If you didn’t do well at it, you won’t be able to do well in these type of conversations.

Last edited by myPOWER; 09-21-2023 at 01:04 PM..
+1   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+12424
Video inside Ex Husband Responds To Single Mom Who Baked Herself A Cake For Her Birt..
59 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
logo Shilo Sanders declares bankruptcy over $11 Million judgement
94 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
How a Woman can set you back 🐢
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+1194
Image(s) inside Drake Thought YG Was His Mans!!!
119 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop