The Truth About R&B Singer Amerie

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 weeks ago '16        #26
GR33ZY 
Props total: 954 954  Slaps total: 86 86
She used to sing at my church back in the gap. sh*t wild af
+5   

2 weeks ago '06        #27
mrep3 
Props total: 19409 19 K  Slaps total: 2310 2 K
This chick got blackballed bad that RichCraft dude beats was fire
+4   

2 weeks ago '20        #28
OhSoCalbo 
Props total: 2776 2 K  Slaps total: 2158 2 K
 jay2cold said
didnt watch the video but shawty s*xy as sh*t....not stuck up..mixed and can sing.......

bi*ch is a cheat code bro!
+4   

2 weeks ago '20        #29
xxcannonxx  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 36227 36 K  Slaps total: 1274 1 K
 OhSoCalbo said
Wouldn’t dare touch a bi*ch that got two black parents... fu*king gross
@ #BlackParentsMatter
+7   

2 weeks ago '12        #30
Frankybaby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23603 23 K  Slaps total: 4300 4 K
 TrillestTalk404 said
Beyonce stole her producer, sound and proceeded to black ball Ameri. Her husband has also done similar things...word to Young Chris
He produced one song for Beyonce then went back to produce Amerie's second album which had her biggest hit "1 thing". Ameries first album was his big break and people wanted to work with him after that success, literally what happens with every producer that's hot
+12   

2 weeks ago '16        #31
theidiotlamper 
Props total: 4239 4 K  Slaps total: 1703 1 K
blackball?

more like got murked by beyonce and destinys child next efforts

that was a legendary era for beyonce

amerie had no substance in her outside life that fans ascribed to

beyonce was literally it
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #32
BlackjesuS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6350 6 K  Slaps total: 1489 1 K
 charli3b83 said
As a youngin i use to love that talking to me joint; had a crazy crush on amerie.

Sorry you were waiting...she was letting teen rich know here
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #33
slim_d20 
Props total: 13016 13 K  Slaps total: 4148 4 K
 Magnificent Phoenix said
I wanted to hear more, but this didn't really cover anything that's not in her Wikipedia page. Some info was taken directly from there, word for word.

Also, you need someone else to narrate these. Your voice is unlistenable.

I thought it was just me. I couldn't get through the video because of the narration was like ben stein.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #34
crwnmekng4 
Props total: 1570 1 K  Slaps total: 137 137
 jay2cold said
the song one thing i think i read was meant for JLo but she turned it down or some sh*t.....me personally it ended up and went to the rite person
Damn never knew that but now that I do it definitely sounds like a j.lo song
+2   

2 weeks ago '13        #35
Dodgers 
Props total: 10212 10 K  Slaps total: 1949 1 K
Beyoncé Jacked Her Whole Style. Word For Word Line For Line Bar For Bar.
+4   

2 weeks ago '06        #36
datVAkid 
Props total: 31194 31 K  Slaps total: 4996 4 K
Her and rich brought gogo world ride. Love this woman

She also script out in the city
+3   

2 weeks ago '12        #37
Legit Jones 
Props total: 11451 11 K  Slaps total: 631 631
 xbossxplayax said
OG jhene aiko in my book

Still dont think how B perceived her to be a true potential competition to the point she had to make moves on her. Same with keri. They all nice but were running in diff lanes imo. Besides, if she a true queen then all that pettiness shouldnt be necessary in the first place. Her throne is tarnished bc it was attained and maintained thru unnecessary manuevers
I mean if her view of a Queen is to be the lone Queen and only ruler than she did just as she was supposed.. dispose of any competition.

2 weeks ago '20        #38
Oldbrooklyn718 
Props total: 12471 12 K  Slaps total: 934 934
 marcchrome said
Beyonce and J. LO stole mad sh*t from this chick......
All her sh*t...sh*t wild
+4   

2 weeks ago '12        #39
Frankybaby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23603 23 K  Slaps total: 4300 4 K
Amerie was cool but she was an average singer and an average performer, she was never gonna be bigger than what she was, her biggest a*set was her producer which is why when she chose not to work with him for that one album it flopped and she got dropped

Basically she was a slightly more talented Cassie, her producer wrote and produced everything & when she stopped working with him it showed. Again she chose not to work with Rich, no one stole him from her & no one black balled her. He wrote and produced her first two albums so when it came to her 3rd she wanted more creative control & to experiment with other producers

2 weeks ago '15        #40
dolomike24 
Props total: 212 212  Slaps total: 12 12
 theidiotlamper said
blackball?

more like got murked by beyonce and destinys child next efforts

that was a legendary era for beyonce

amerie had no substance in her outside life that fans ascribed to

beyonce was literally it
Nah Beyoncé’s father signed then shelved her. Her second album only got released in Europe or something if I remember correctly. The machine was 100% behind Beyoncé. To say her first album had no substance is showing you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Edit: yeah she was quiet outside the music you’re right about that.

Last edited by dolomike24; 05-04-2021 at 06:05 AM..

2 weeks ago '15        #41
edub911 
Props total: 5760 5 K  Slaps total: 1068 1 K
 OhSoCalbo said
Mixed bi*ches are better bro! if both the parents are black the bi*ch is wack
Tf
+1   

2 weeks ago '14        #42
Black Einstein 
Props total: 5956 5 K  Slaps total: 676 676
All I Have is a classic and flawless R&B album.
+6   

2 weeks ago '04        #43
Veno da Don 
Props total: 12293 12 K  Slaps total: 1530 1 K
 marcchrome said
Beyonce and J. LO stole mad sh*t from this chick......
I tried to push this narrative on here but was told Bey was doing gogo right before Amerie. I wasn't sure if that was the case. Regardless she needs her flowers. Amerie was dope as hell. And she was a singer for the younger n*ggas low key, her pocket was perfect for us. Probably why we like her so much.
+6   

2 weeks ago '07        #44
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x88
Props total: 217247 217 K  Slaps total: 19650 19 K
 xbossxplayax said
OG jhene aiko in my book

Still dont think how B perceived her to be a true potential competition to the point she had to make moves on her. Same with keri. They all nice but were running in diff lanes imo. Besides, if she a true queen then all that pettiness shouldnt be necessary in the first place. Her throne is tarnished bc it was attained and maintained thru unnecessary manuevers
I'm not a fan of Beyonce for one because of this. And another is that she is overrated. But, these hoes that I work with love her a*s...

+9   

2 weeks ago '04        #45
Veno da Don 
 MrDarkCloud said
I respect Beyonce's hustle and her performing talent, I won't take that away from her. BUT, that 2nd album of hers sounds like an Amerie album all up and down. It's obvious she bit her.

Amerie had the formula down. She could have been next.

One of the things that irritates me is that people really act like Beyonce started that go-go r&b sound with Crazy In Love. Nah, bi*ch. Amerie had a whole FIRST album with that sound on it a year before Beyonce debuted as a solo artist.
Chucky Brown started it to be clear.

🐐
+5   

2 weeks ago '04        #46
Veno da Don 
 Most Palone said
I remember my uncle introduced me to rich about 20 years ago

I remember he had the fall in love plaque on his wall in the studio I was like “ hold on this the n*gga that produced one of my favorite rnb songs” my uncle was like yeah that’s him lol

I miss that era in my life
Dope!! Man we don't even understand the greatness we be around when we are younger... Until we become greats ourselves to you and Unc.
+3   

2 weeks ago '11        #47
Gamemusic 
Props total: 5292 5 K  Slaps total: 439 439
fu*k Beyonce and that producer for fu*king over her career like that. Just grimey as hell to steal someone sound, then have their career put on hold.
+2   

2 weeks ago '18        #48
antisocial100 
Props total: 15372 15 K  Slaps total: 4452 4 K
 xbossxplayax said
OG jhene aiko in my book

It’s called not taking any chances and destroying even a hint of competition

2 weeks ago '04        #49
Veno da Don 
 Jaiden05 said
What’s wrong with you dudes. Y’all secretly hate y’all selves .
Dude ain't black. Gotta get all the trolls in pink then hit ignore. That's the mission. Not worth our time at this point. I come here to kick it with yall because you guys are friendly strangers, the best type of people to talk to. No personal investments we can just discuss topics as adults, but too many dummies and incels and loser who just post because mommy didn’t give them enough attention. And the MODs gotta chill too with the HT for these shock threads... Site still has great potential. I guess it's up to us.
+14   

2 weeks ago '04        #50
Veno da Don 
 Magnificent Phoenix said
I wanted to hear more, but this didn't really cover anything that's not in her Wikipedia page. Some info was taken directly from there, word for word.

Also, you need someone else to narrate these. Your voice is unlistenable.

All of this. And respect to homie grind but that heavy NY ain't what we trying to hear (no offense I love my NY people, but yall accent is and has always been taxing.)... And using "Unsung" in your vids when BET has an awesome series with the same name, covering the same topics but better and more in depth... Meh. Again a critique not hating by any means, I've tried to watch all of your vids and couldn't make it through (talking to OP not poster)
+3   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  21
Juicy J buys safemoon !!!!
66 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+56online now  18
Gentrifying Black Culture
104 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+32online now  16
May 14 - Senate Commitee CONFIRMS animals kept dying during COV19 Vax trials...
90 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+90online now  8
Curry family exposed as Zionists
218 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy