Emmett Till’s Family is Rightfully Angry at Lil Wayne’s Blatant Disrespect

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
149 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
190 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #81
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
they did that boy so wrong...savage creatures with no souls
 5 years ago '04        #82
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,449 | Props total: 1445 1445
 Matt504 said:
groups of people use to come watch Black men hanged and burned less than 50 years, are they hypocrites if they don't condone these activities today?

thats an uneven comparison. 50 years ago, blacks were more submissive, had less power to say/do anything. Civil rights movement was powerful, but people were not use to having the power or the voice. Not the same thing with this situation one bit.

esp because there are worse lines, I think this particular case is known amongst civil rights aficionados (like myself) but isn't a general publicly known case. The best example i can give to this entire situation...is

Lil John - Get Low - skeet said with no awareness amongst the mainstream (majority in this case are whites, and the ones at the top had no idea what skeet meant)
Dave Chappelle makes a joke bout how when white people find out the def of skeet they will be appalled.
skeet gets bleeped.

the backlash only happened when the family stepped up to the plate and was not happy. but in 06/7 it wasnt a problem.

Last edited by D1nOnlyMrM@; 02-14-2013 at 11:00 AM..
 5 years ago '08        #83
DUCE 141 heat pts141
space
space
$10,551 | Props total: 537 537
so wayne makes light of a situation where a 14 year old boy got his a.ss beat, eyes guaged out, shot in the head then the murders walk free, all for talking to a white woman

but white boys in college dorms makes a dumb a.ss video of "harlem shaking" and yall up in arms

02-14-2013, 11:34 AM         #84
Walkerboy86  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 blackjeezus said:
Its like with fans today,they hear someone say "oh that song nice" deep down you could know its trash,but to be cool and fit in,you convince yourself that its a nice song.
 5 years ago '11        #85
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,932 | Props total: 364 364
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
It's not that serious though.....

That sh*t was 60 years ago an it's simply a reference to a historic event though it may be a death of a single person.

12 years ago 9/11 happened and people are rapping about it all the time. 3000 people died if I remember.

Biggie rapped about "blowing up like the world trade" in which 6 people died a few years after it happened.

Chill out.
did u NOT see the pic... did you not PERSONALLY read the back story on that??? C'mon son... you sound real ignorant right now! 9/11... blah, blah, blah! You cant justify ignorance w/ more ignorance b!
 5 years ago '07        #86
strongthetruth 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,197 | Props total: 3247 3247
How a black man can't see the line was disrespectful and a mock of a vicious hate crime is beyond me. Being that there is still plenty of whites still out there with the mindset of the dudes that beat Till makes Wayne look very ignorant and foolish. And to people comparing a natural disaster to hate a crime how dumb can you be? Where I'm from and where I'm at racism still very much exists. If a black 15 year old was beat to death today for whistling at a white woman would it still be acceptable to mock it in a rhyme? No. That's something that's just off limits. Wise up people.
 5 years ago '05        #87
GameBreaker 
space
space
$1,211 | Props total: 0 0
You can't get selectively mad. I'd like to see hip hop culture as a WHOLE change. Rappers make disrespectful references to all kinds of tragedies, people and are profane in almost every song. As I said, I don't like it and advocate change, but freedom of speech trumps all. Even if it's ignorant.
 5 years ago '10        #88
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,864 | Props total: 13659 13659
 AF1PIMPN said:
Pimp'n Says: As a black man & Lil Wayne fan(Stan 2 some) since we were both adolescents I find da lyrics irresponsible, disrespectful & classless. During Wayne's rise 2 cross-over success, fame & fortune over da past few years I feel he's lost his way & integrity musically & creatively wit his lack luster approach compared 2 what got him here.
the second Wayne fan that kept it real, didn't even know you was a youngin either. Much respect for keeping it 100. You good in my book pimpin

WCIB said:
Making light of a brutal murder of a child isn't funny. I'll put it like this. If it was your 15 year old son, would you laugh?

Let's say Wayne's baby girl died suddenly by choking on something and a rapper says "he'll choke a bi*ch with his d!ck like Wayne's daughter," would Wayne NOT care?

I'll just end it this way. I'm not offended, nor will I ever be offended by someone of lower intelligence like Wayne. He simply doesn't know any better. But I can't defend what he said like some people. it's indefensible. Call me a sellout. I have no problem with being called that when it isn't true anyways.
Bingo! You're not a sellout for speaking that real. The ones that cosign and downplay this are the sell outs, I sure Emmett would agree. SALUTE!

Pistol Peter said:
they did that boy so wrong...savage creatures with no souls

devils......

strongthetruth said:
How a black man can't see the line was disrespectful and a mock of a vicious hate crime is beyond me. Being that there is still plenty of whites still out there with the mindset of the dudes that beat Till makes Wayne look very ignorant and foolish. And to people comparing a natural disaster to hate a crime how dumb can you be? Where I'm from and where I'm at racism still very much exists. If a black 15 year old was beat to death today for whistling at a white woman would it still be acceptable to mock it in a rhyme? No. That's something that's just off limits. Wise up people.

You should peep the thread I made about this, I'm lost to how a black man or a decent person for the matter could cosign/downplay this fu*k sh*t.

5 years ago '07        #89
strongthetruth 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,197 | Props total: 3247 3247
 BluCupShawty said:

You should peep the thread I made about this, I'm lost to how a black man or a decent person for the matter could cosign/downplay this fu*k sh*t.

Yea I just propped you. I expected some of the white boys on here to defend the sh*t and blow it off but the few of us on here doing it is beyond me. I didn't know so many were out of touch with the real world.
 5 years ago '06        #90
Mr. Future 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,175 | Props total: 1795 1795
 Martel said:
it's time for lil wayne to quit. between these hos love me like satan and this line i think it's safe to say his brain is completely fried.
agreed...but hoes do be lovin that n*gga satan...downright disgusting if u ask me but hey, they hoes...
 02-14-2013, 02:08 PM         #91
varcitykid  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Usually i'll say its not that serious but nahh this is type messed up being that the family is still around and the situation is as foul as it is; Culd'a said some1 else that happened more recent or w/e that ppl wuld know and like more
 5 years ago '10        #92
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 8298 8298
 Peterparker said:
The Till family is saying it's causing distress to them so what the fu*k are you talking about? Did you even listen to the interview. Dr.Boyce Atkins was interviewing one of Emmett's cousins and the cousin spoke on behalf of the whole family. So yes they are very hurt by the line. Just because I don't know these people personally doesn't mean their stories don't affect me. What happened to Emmett Till could have happen to any of my family members during that time. I'm sorry if you're too fu*king detached from humanity to realize that.

But don't come off self righteous in honor of one of you're favorite rappers Lil Wayne. If I feel like that sh*t is out of pocket if he says or ANYBODY says it I got a right too. Is my opinion affecting YOU? If it aint then suck a d!ck somewhere else and move along.

You don't know Wayne so stop coughin his balls so hard. LOL@ Stop it five n*gga been listening to Wayne too hard. How can you tell me to not speak on something cuz I don't know the person but u cuffing Wayne hard.

You sound like a bi*ch always complaining someone was raised with a stick up their a.ss

They ain't in no distress n*gga like I said, they are just making noise to make it. They ain't losing no sleep
 5 years ago '07        #93
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
"America k!lling our babies like Casey Anthony"
 5 years ago '10        #94
space
space
 Jaymalls said:
did u NOT see the pic... did you not PERSONALLY read the back story on that??? C'mon son... you sound real ignorant right now! 9/11... blah, blah, blah! You cant justify ignorance w/ more ignorance b!
I've been known about Till. If you don't kow as a black person or as a person raised in the US, you need to go back to school.

So it's ok to make light of an incident where 3000 people died 12 years ago and laugh at it but not when someone makes light of an incident where one person died 60 years ago?

Yall people don't even know what yall want. If you gonna make decisions, at least stay logical and even with them.

I'm guessing every rapper that has lyrics about 9/11 shoulkd apologize to every 9/11 family too as well right?

Yall obviously don't see the problem with the logic yall are using
 02-14-2013, 02:22 PM         #95
3rdcoasta  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ummmmmm...in case you didn't know. a large % of rap music is disrespectful in a lot of ways. we bash women on a reg...influence violence, drugs abuse, murder and prostitution. i suggest ya take it with a grain of salt.
 5 years ago '07        #96
ThaRealTmac 10 heat pts10
space
space
$711 | Props total: 7 7
Wayne stay coonin
 5 years ago '05        #97
Danger Zone 58 heat pts58
space
space
$34,155 | Props total: 18412 18412
In all seriousness, the line was in bad taste. Its easy for someone to say "get over it" or "it was just a lyric" when it wasn't your child that got murdered.
 5 years ago '10        #98
space
space
 Hu$tLa said:
In all seriousness, the line was in bad taste. Its easy for someone to say "get over it" or "it was just a lyric" when it wasn't your child that got murdered.
That was 60 years ago. None of them n*ggas have known nor met Till. Just making noise b
 5 years ago '12        #99
majestykagiso 51 heat pts51
space
space
$2,831 | Props total: 511 511
Boxden prove they got some real smart ppl up in here. The general mood and reaction to this topic is full of passionate people. The guys defending Wayne are not worth an argument. It must take a very simple mind not to grasp the seriousness of how tacky this was. Learned about emmet till only today and as a south african, these are incidents that could have happened to any of us too. RIP Emmet Till and the hundreds and thousands of lost souls lost to the same type of ignorance shown in here
 5 years ago '04        #100
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,449 | Props total: 1445 1445
 Matt504 said:
that's how I'm convinced that everybody who's on here claiming to be Black, ain't really Black

I already discovered 2 posers, but I ain't snitchin til they get outta line.

we need some type of Black verification system in this bi*ch, I don't know who to trust anymore.

for this is true
and to clarify...its not that i dont get whats wrong...its that the line as an emcee has never really been drawn. When is it ok to laugh at dry humor? I could go further on...but ultimately I am not upset at the backlash of those who are upset, i only question their knowledge if they weren't mad the first time.
I dont understand how that line was skipped the first time.
but this is why I SUPPORT the line....
because a lot of souls would have no idea who Emmitt Till was til this happened.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
74 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
173 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
75 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy